CSL Elite Racing Wheel now available in the USA

Comments

• edited October 2017
    I respect your opinion, it's just with the number of people complaining on this forum and others stating they didn't receive tracking or showed shipped and it didn't ship I didn't know what to expect from this company or what was going on.  I didn't want tracking just wanted an update if it would ship in time and that they didn't run out or anything. This is not some large company that I just naturally trust are on the ball, so when I spend $500 plus dollars I want a piece of quick communication that just says we have in stock and order will ship on time, especially when there are noted issues with the wheel and communication with other customers.  I've ordered from smaller companies like this one before that promised certain product within certain deadlines for new release products and months later still nothing.  If I had noticed people stating that they were receiving communication and everything was going well then I wouldn't have contacted them.  In the future I won't be so skeptical because I now have gained a bit of trust they they appear to do what they say.  I appreciate the opinion and help on with the other information from you though. Thanks, 
  • @"Ahmad T Mahr" , if you placed your order a day before.. There's absolutely no reason to be mailing and calling customer service about a tracking nr. Simple reason is... It takes Fanatec a couple a days to handle the order. Most current, high standard GPUs have multiple HDMI in combo with DVI ports. I've got a 980Ti for myself and it has 3 HDMI ports and 2 DVI. To All who have doubts about the clanking sound, damage etc... I've beta tested the ps4 base for Fanatec and did a serious stress test on it. ALL FFB values maxed out, in game and on wheel, and managed to drive 5 hours, with only sanitary pitstops in between, and I had to gave up... The wheel won by far. Lol. Please take note that FFB sliders in game are working as transducers. I've managed, with ps4 and PC, to use the wheel without any clanking, so not using FEI. I also have the V2.5, and it is possible to make it clank (clipping) too. Just set the FFB values too high and you've got it. ;) @"Damion Prevo" you need a windows based pc, laptop or tablet. Windows V7 or later.
    Appreciate the info man.  I think many people are freaking out about the clank but it feels good to have some input from real users. Can't wait. 
  • Gtplanet.com posted Sony Confirms Four-Day Demo for Gran Turismo Sport Polyphony Digital studio head Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed a limited-time GT Sport demo, in a post on the PlayStation Blog. The demo will be available as a free download from the PlayStation Store, from 0900 GMT/UTC on October 9, with a pre-download available 48 hours earlier. The demo will run through to 1300 GMT/UTC on October 12, and players can transfer part of their progress into the full game.
  • I respect your opinion, it's just with the number of people complaining on this forum and others stating they didn't receive tracking or showed shipped and it didn't ship I didn't know what to expect from this company or what was going on.  I didn't want tracking just wanted an update if it would ship in time and that they didn't run out or anything. This is not some large company that I just naturally trust are on the ball, so when I spend $500 plus dollars I want a piece of quick communication that just says we have in stock and order will ship on time, especially when there are noted issues with the wheel and communication with other customers.  I've ordered from smaller companies like this one before that promised certain product within certain deadlines for new release products and months later still nothing.  If I had noticed people stating that they were receiving communication and everything was going well then I wouldn't have contacted them.  In the future I won't be so skeptical because I now have gained a bit of trust they they appear to do what they say.  I appreciate the opinion and help on with the other information from you though. Thanks, 
    I pre-ordered on September 15, the order page showed shipped on September 27, and no tracking number until October 2. 
  • Just received my wheel and pedals. Currently updating the firmware.

Quick Question the current latest Firmware is the v292 64bit correct?

That's the one I downloaded to my wheel and pedals.
  • No the latest driver version is 292. Firmware on your base will light up in display, when calibrated after powering it on, as 314. Have a very good weekend with your new gear ;)
  • No the latest driver version is 292. Firmware on your base will light up in display, when calibrated after powering it on, as 314. Have a very good weekend with your new gear ;)
    Got the 314 flashing on my wheel. Looks like it worked.

Did you calibrate on your ps4 or? I'm a Ps4 user
  • In game, pcars2, or after updating?
  • Oh YEAH!  Got my wheel Friday at noon, my wife signed the Fedex.  Didn't get off work till 4:30.  But it took about 90 minutes to get my old CSR off the Fanatec Wheel Stand, bolt on the new CSL Elite PS4, assemble and install CSL Elite Pedals, connect to PC and update to Firmware 292.  Then I tried out Project CARS on PS4, which is old so I played in Compatibility Mode Purple.  Took an hour to get it dialed in and figure out the FEI setting.  Then switched to the Xbox P1 rim and played Forza 7 in XBox One Mode Green.  Which was easier to dial in, but the FFB just isn't that great.  And the Forza Drivatar AI is terrible!  My PC is so weak and GPU obsolete, it was no need to even load up Assetto Corsa.  Final thoughts are the CSL Elite is INCREDIBLE!  FANATEC FOREVER!
  • Oh YEAH!  Got my wheel Friday at noon, my wife signed the Fedex.  Didn't get off work till 4:30.  But it took about 90 minutes to get my old CSR off the Fanatec Wheel Stand, bolt on the new CSL Elite PS4, assemble and install CSL Elite Pedals, connect to PC and update to Firmware 292.  Then I tried out Project CARS on PS4, which is old so I played in Compatibility Mode Purple.  Took an hour to get it dialed in and figure out the FEI setting.  Then switched to the Xbox P1 rim and played Forza 7 in XBox One Mode Green.  Which was easier to dial in, but the FFB just isn't that great.  And the Forza Drivatar AI is terrible!  My PC is so weak and GPU obsolete, it was no need to even load up Assetto Corsa.  Final thoughts are the CSL Elite is INCREDIBLE!  FANATEC FOREVER!

• Anybody having trouble with this wheel and Project Cars 2? My game sees it and the sequential shifters work but not the wheel or pedals. I have latest firmware from the product downloads pages. Any thoughts?  It seems to work ok with Assetto Corsa but there is a lot of clipping and clanking.

-Justin
  • edited October 2017
    Have you got the mode in ps4 mode, blue light? Assigned the wheel and pedals in controls options? Calibrated the wheel and pedals? For AC, tune down the FFB force values. Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel, curbs and road feel about 25-35 and rest to your liking and you'll be good!!
  • where i can use this O-ring... what am i miss... is it important part?
  • Have you got the mode in ps4 mode, blue light? Assigned the wheel and pedals in controls options? Calibrated the wheel and pedals? For AC, tune down the FFB force values. Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel, curbs and road feel about 25-35 and rest to your liking and you'll be good!!
    I’m using PC for pcars 2 and AC. Sorry I should have said that.
    Hello heemoon,

the O-ring is a a spare part for the quick release. You will find one already installed on the quick release system of your wheelbase.
  • edited October 2017
    Have you got the mode in ps4 mode, blue light? Assigned the wheel and pedals in controls options? Calibrated the wheel and pedals? For AC, tune down the FFB force values. Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel, curbs and road feel about 25-35 and rest to your liking and you'll be good!!
    I've had same trouble. If you did not touch the brand and type of the wheel, you'll only have to assign the wheel, pedals and shifter in H pattern, if you use one, in the controls assign tab. After that, calibrate the wheel and pedals. If you did mess with the brand and type of the wheel. Close game first. Go to "my documents" folder on your pc, choose pcars folder, save game folder and click again. Then you should see a file named "controllersettings" erase that one completely. Start up pcars2 again, choose the CSL E PS4 Base and go to button assign page. Assign wheel left and right, pedals etc. And you're good to go. With thanks to @Maurice Böschen for this tip.
  • Have you got the mode in ps4 mode, blue light? Assigned the wheel and pedals in controls options? Calibrated the wheel and pedals? For AC, tune down the FFB force values. Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel, curbs and road feel about 25-35 and rest to your liking and you'll be good!!
    I've had same trouble. If you did not touch the brand and type of the wheel, you'll only have to assign the wheel, pedals and shifter in H pattern, if you use one, in the controls assign tab. After that, calibrate the wheel and pedals. If you did mess with the brand and type of the wheel. Close game first. Go to "my documents" folder on your pc, choose pcars folder, save game folder and click again. Then you should see a file named "controllersettings" erase that one completely. Start up pcars2 again, choose the CSL E PS4 Base and go to button assign page. Assign wheel left and right, pedals etc. And you're good to go. With thanks to @Maurice Böschen for this tip.
    You are a life saver. I was very frustrated by this for 3 hours between yesterday when the wheel arrived and today. I was playing pcars2 with my old CSW V1 for the last few weeks. Not sure if that was a part of the confusion (by the game) or not. But thanks to your tips above all is good. New base is very nice so far. More comments to come as I get a a chance to turn more laps. 

Thank you! And thanks to Maurice.

-J
  • Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel
    Always better to leave FFB at 100 or Auto on wheel, reduce FFB in game settings
  • edited October 2017
    Let overal ffb at 100 in game, 75 on wheel
    Always better to leave FFB at 100 or Auto on wheel, reduce FFB in game settings
    Yes, +1. Leave FF in the tuning menu at 100 and adjust ALWAYS in game if you have clipping as even written in the manual:

"The Force Feedback defines the maximum strength of the motor when force
    feedback effects from software / games are sent to the CSL Elite Racing Wheel.
    If FF is set to OFF, there will be no force feedback effect executed by the CSL
    Elite Racing Wheel motor. If FF is set to 001, the motor will execute only 1% of
    the maximum motor power. If FF is set to 100, the motor will execute 100% of
    the maximum motor power. It is recommended to leave this setting at 100 and
    turn down the in-game setting in case you have force feedback clipping."

So with FF set to 75 the motor will not run on its full power but only with 75% of its maximum power, so not with it's full 6 NM potential but only with 4,5 NM.
    Hello heemoon,

the O-ring is a a spare part for the quick release. You will find one already installed on the quick release system of your wheelbase.
    thank you sascha 
  • Thnx again Maurice. Did not realiseren that.
  • You are selling the CSL Elite Racing Wheel for Xbox One & PC for ~330€ including a Xbox copy of Assetto Corsa in the US, and in Europe you are calling for ~420€?! Just WOW!
  • So... We all are F-ed again by Sony. No CSL E base compatibility in GT Sport Demo and no plans to implement in day one patch. So no collectors edition is sold to me and as of now... Pc only
  • edited October 2017
    is there any official statement from Sony/Polyphony Digital? 

a) why there is no CSL E compatibility?
    b) no implementaion in a day 1 patch?
  • PC Only player here.  The pedals from my old G25 wheel stayed put on the carpet even after I increased the brake spring force.  The CSL pedals need to be bolted to a platform of some sort or they slide all over the place. But I sort of expected that. Now I've got a big piece of particle board that I place my chair on and bolt the pedals down.
  • So... We all are F-ed again by Sony. No CSL E base compatibility in GT Sport Demo and no plans to implement in day one patch. So no collectors edition is sold to me and as of now... Pc only
    O_o

If that is the case then that would be strange because when I downloaded the demo over the weekend it allowed me to enter the title screen of the demo, but it stated the servers were down so I could not access anything else. I was using my CSL E to move around the title screen so I would think that it should recognize the base going off of that initial interaction?

On an unrelated note: I have ran into some issues with Assetto Corsa in that the game will just randomly stop recognizing the CSL E in game before starting a lap, race etc. I have to hit the home PS button to get to the home screen and go back in to the game to get the pause menu as once I am on track the game does not recognize anything  After I get to the pause screen then I can utilize the controls to access the title screen of the game but going back into any sort of race, practice etc. it still won't do anything and I have to repeat the process. Even after resetting PS4 and base it sometimes will not come back so I think it has something to do with the actual game itself and not the base. It happens at random and will come back randomly so it doesn't appear to be triggered by anything specifically.
  • edited October 2017
    I hope I'm allowed to post my comment here as well as I did it in the PS4 CSL Elite announcment thread already. But it's quite important I would say...

Hi Thomas, I thought the new PS4 wheel will be supported by GT Sport. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-csl-elite-racing-wheel-officially-licensed-for-ps4™.361316/ That sounds somehow bad to me. In addition to that GT Sport is no longer mentioned on the CSL Elite FAQ page where the compatible games are listed!
  • I know it's still work hours but kind of surprised no one has tried to use this wheel with the Demo.  I get my wheel tomorrow so tried it this morning with the remote.  For some reason the visuals didn't just blow me away.  After 4 years of waiting it just seems this game should look unreal but maybe I'm just expecting too much and have seen other great looking games like project cars and such. 

This wheel better work with PS4.  I just wouldn't play GT Sport.  Love the series but disappointing at GT for taking so long and letting the rest of the franchise catch them and take them over. 
  • edited October 2017

Could some from Fanatec please clear up this GT sport topic. if my new wheel isn't going to work I would like to cancel my pre-order. Which will probably ship with in the next couple days. seen a comment that it works but with no feedback. Love the wheel by the way.

• hello, Is the fanatec csl elite wheel supported by gran turismo sport?
  • At least not in the demo. But hopefully in the final Version.
  • The wheel works but there is no forcefeedback. Tracks, kerbs, off road feel like glass. There is tension when cornering but that’s it. Wheel fully works with all game and PS menus as expected. justin
  • edited October 2017
    How has fanatec not made a statement yet on this forum or others. They are being eaten alive and not saying anything. I can't believe their customer service. I'm sorry but it's obviously bad with how long they take to address their customer issues. C'mon guys provide us with an update on this wheel and GT Sport. We've spent $500 if not more to be able use this wheel. Also there is no way that you weren't aware of this issue. UPDATE Please.
  • At least not in the demo. But hopefully in the final Version.
    This is very bad news ... Demo is actually a full version with locked content. On the screens I saw that they support the T500 which is not the official PS4 steering wheel....
  • The wheel works but there is no forcefeedback. Tracks, kerbs, off road feel like glass. There is tension when cornering but that’s it. Wheel fully works with all game and PS menus as expected. justin
    No FFB means that it does not work. If I do not want full impressions I would buy a steering wheel for $ 50 not for $ 500 ...
  • edited October 2017
    Will not the new CSL Elite PS 4 be released in Japan?

• I have csl elite ps4 + pedals load cell interested me or device drive hub cronusmax added some effects? Is the csl elite ps4 steering wheel connected to this device even better? Does it only concern the compatibility of old devices?
  • I have csl elite ps4 + pedals load cell interested me or device drive hub cronusmax added some effects? Is the csl elite ps4 steering wheel connected to this device even better? Does it only concern the compatibility of old devices?
    in how many threads do you want to post this ???
  • Mines coming on Wednesday! Got the bundle with the load cell brake and I also got the SQ 1.5 Shifter and the Clubsport handbrake. I'm also getting a DSD box made for the CSL Elite. I've got exclusive pictures from Derek himself.

• You do know DSD boxes aren't compatible with ps4... Unless they changed it. Button boxes for ps4 need to be seen as keyboard, not as a controller. The one made for CSW bases is pc use only
  • Having a fun time with my new wheel and my favorite old PC sim   GPL.  Still experimenting with settings.  I was wondering if there is a combination of button pushes to save the settings under S_1 to S_5 or are they automatically saved when they are changed.

Also.  It seems that I lost my wheel settings when I upgraded the firm ware. I guess I better write down my favorite settings. 

• edited October 2017
    Bump
  • I have to US version along with the CSL pedals and load cell brake kit on order. The CSL PS4 wheel base is on backorder here in the US. Last week it said on the site it had a 10/23/17 ship date but now there is no date. Anybody know if they are still expected next week? If it will be much longer I may cancel and go with the CSW V2.5.
  • Just keep watching each day from Monday on. Can pop up anytime in stock.
  • edited October 2017
    CSL PS4 US version was not back in stock on Oct 23rd......Rather, the availability date changes to Nov. 8th from 00/00/0000. Such a long wait :-S
  • Does anyone know if the Clubsport V3 pedals will work with the CSL Racing Wheel on a PS4? Or does it need an adapter box or cable?
  • Does anyone know if the Clubsport V3 pedals will work with the CSL Racing Wheel on a PS4? Or does it need an adapter box or cable?
    No adapter needed
  • Was excited until I saw it looks like the same dpad on the XBox one version and its a piece of garbage.  breaks so easily and becomes useless and is a deal breaker.
    This has a much improved version of it,

Is anyone aware of a downshift issue with the CSL elite PS4 ? it's intermittent and it happens of project cars 2 project cars 1 and GTsport, i have sent a video to the technical at Fanatec and just waiting till they respond, any help would be much appreciated