Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited October 2017 in Blog
Announcement:

"Some of you might have tried the demo version of GT Sport which is online as of today.
Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to select the CSL Elite Racing Wheel in the GT Sport controller options menu. Therefore players can’t enjoy some of the wheels advanced features in the game, such as Force Feedback.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and are working hard with our engineers and partners with the aim of rectifying this for the games launch. We will continue to update you and appreciate your patience. "

UPDATE

GT Sport has been released and it works great with the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel. Due to time constraints, Polyphony was not yet able to fully implement our wheel in the controller options menu but you can enjoy full force feedback and support for the rev lights and the ClubSport Shifter if you install the latest firmware v335 (which is included in the driver v293) on your wheel.
This firmware has a revised compatibility mode which now adds compatibility to:
  • GT Sports
  • F1 2016
  • WRC6
  • DriveClub

Polyphony assured us that they will fully implement our wheel and that they are working on it. In the meantime you can already enjoy the game with the compatibility mode.

Please let us know your preferred Tuning settings for the new games.

Comments

• Thanks Thomas, just to confirm....is it as a result of Fanatec or Polyphony?
  • KURWA MAĆ  :-( 
  • I realy want to buy the fanatec wheel . But i want the best experience on gt sport . Soo sad .dont know what to do i have my seat ready w8ting for the wheel . Help me plz . Fanatec wheel gona be totaly functional ? No mater if its after the game release but tell something plz. I dont want to buy trustshi****.
  • edited October 2017
    Thnx for clarification Thomas. Demand compatibility or else... License fee pay back ;)
  • bonjour !!jai le csl elite et jai fait la beta de gtsport!! cest vrai dans le menu on peut ni calibrer pedale ni voulant!!pas de sensation on dirait que la base est meme pas allumer!!! manque de ffb!!!volant mou!!
  • edited October 2017
    Some quotes from various Fanatec pages (e.g. FAQ, etc...).

From page Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1
    "Enables advanced functionality with select upcoming compatible games, including GT Sport."

From FAQ page
    "All upcoming advanced driving simulator games with support of force feedback racing wheels will be compatible."
    I would assume this includes GT Sport as well.

And a former statement from Thomas from August this year.
    TJ.jpg 83.7K
  • Thanks for the update Thomas. I bought this wheel mainly for GT Sport, and I wanted to test it on a fully compatible game prior to buying GT Sport so I purchased Assetto Corsa & F1 2017. Whilst I'm really struggling with Assetto Corsa and my BMW Rim to feel forces, direct inputs and a sense of what the wheel is doing in relation to the car with my Formila rim it feels great. I hope like many others this gets resolved otherwise i'll be very gutted to hear that in selling my full T300RS setup with a prototype load cell i'll no longer be able to enjoy GT Sport as I and i'm sure Fanatec intended. 

Thanks for your support! 

Any advice or Assetto Corsa would be appreciated - My BMW rim feels very light I don't get any forces through the wheel relative to my inputs and it's very difficult to steer with the device in game. Formula Carbon feels great!

Thanks all :)
  • bonjour !!jai le csl elite et jai fait la beta de gtsport!! cest vrai dans le menu on peut ni calibrer pedale ni voulant!!pas de sensation on dirait que la base est meme pas allumer!!! manque de ffb!!!volant mou!!
    English please
  • edited October 2017

I wouldn't call it a solution. It's a workaround. What I expect is that the CSL Elite wheel is listed here in the 'options' screen which is not the case so far and in fact a clear breach in terms of what was announced earlier.

• I wouldn't call it a solution. It's a workaround. What I expect is that the CSL Elite wheel is listed here in the 'options' screen which is not the case so far and in fact a clear breach in terms of what was announced earlier.

Couldn't agree with you more here Thorsten! To find the news yesterday was official was shocking. I had previously been assured by Gran Turismo when asking about a spotter for online whether the CSL was to be featured and they stated all wheels new and existing would be featured on GT Sport. Further to that, it was a listed title to the CSL page under supported titles which is when I bought Assetto Corsa to fill the gap to use a fully supported title prior to GT Sport's console release. Let's hope a solution is found quickly otherwise CSL users will be impeded when it comes to our development vs other console users across the varying modes within the title. 
  • Glad I read this post today as can cancel my order for GTSPORT until this is fully resolved. ( I have ordered the full £104 version so a lot of money down the drain if unresolved ) Fortunately there is more than enough to keep me satisfied with F12017 and Project Cars2 ALTHOUGH very disappointed with WRC7 which despite all my efforts continues to feel like you are driving on a snooker table rather than Tarmac, Dirt and Ice and Snow !!! Fanatec tell me that I should have the PS4 wheel on factory settings in order that the game itself supplys the info as the game developers intended but not what I was expecting. Anyone else having the same issues and will GTSPORT be any better is feeling the track info particularly things like Kerbs?
    Announcement:

"Some of you might have tried the demo version of GT Sport which is online as of today.
    Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to select the CSL Elite Racing Wheel in the GT Sport controller options menu. Therefore players can’t enjoy some of the wheels advanced features in the game, such as Force Feedback.
    We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and are working hard with our engineers and partners with the aim of rectifying this for the games launch. We will continue to update you and appreciate your patience. "

• Amar ResicAmar Resic Member
    edited October 2017
  • hello!!there is not return of force!!in the menu of the games one can not calibrate neither the steering wheel nor the pedals!!the steering wheel is soft as if the bas was extinct!!! sory  for my english!!!!  thanks
  • edited October 2017
    Recently bought Pcars2 and WRC7 for PS4 and tried GTsport today. They all feel just as bad. No road or curb feel whatsoever. It's so bad that i can't play the games with my csl elite. Starting to wonder if this is more than just a coincidence.
  • edited October 2017
    It does not work, I am sorry. The post was corrected. 
    So no workaround at all. But Thomas apologized and mentioned he appreciate our patience. So let's hope that it is just a question of time (hopefully weeks) and won't boil down to an unsolved issue between Sony and Fanatec.

But however this story ends when you compare the initial promising announcements with the current situation this aftertaste remains...

• I just spent over $600 dollars and the wheel won't work on the GT SPORT there is no Excuse for this
  • It depends on whose fault it was.
  • Time will show.. at the end is the demo the known beta of the game. So maybe the support is not build in cause it is not the final game?
    I mean look in the game manual of this Demo/Beta.. there are also wrong name declarations of the wheels.. would not the first game in Beta/Demo status what would have much of failers.. you all can be happy that you can go into settings.. in my system it does not work :) 

So day one patch have to fix it .. i can understand all of you
  • Thank you so much for the support and letting us know what’s happening! Please keep us updated.
  • I think irrespective of what happens or when we receive support something has gone array here which isn't acceptable given the guarantee's we had prior to purchasing the product from developers and Fanatec which I believe why many upgraded. Fanatec is at least in the PC market known as a high end wheel company and seen as an upgrade from the Logitec / Thurstmaster offerings previously available to console users. Whilst i've had difficulty in finding much improvement over my T300 my hope is with greater research and development between Fanatec & developers we can have the high end wheel for console we all associate with Fanatec. 

I bought the CSL and then bought the CSL LC pedals, Formula Carbon (For F1 2017) and the BMW GT2 Rim for GT Sport / Assetto Corsa and whilst as i've mentioned i've had real issues with Assetto Corsa & my BMW rim it's still a lot that now might not be realised as we all anticipated.

So here's hoping as Polyphony have the files the support will be in the release version. Important to note this version is a demo not a beta, the closed beta periods were all completed prior to this being released I would imagine this version is a gold version if not for a few minor tweaks. 

• I feel like Thrustmaster is trolling with this post. Almost like they know the situation with Fanatec wheels not being supported. I really hope this gets fixed.
  • I feel like Thrustmaster is trolling with this post. Almost like they know the situation with Fanatec wheels not being supported. I really hope this gets fixed.
    Makes me wonder whether Thrustmaster and Polyphony have engineered this! Either way the Fanatec products are far superior to theirs and I would rather enjoy my F12017 and Project Cars 2 with Fanatec. Would be disappointed not to experience GTSPORT but given the delay in releasing their game I think it has allowed other game developers to catch up.
  • Ok, so far we have this single statement from Thomas. Thanks for that. But this story becomes interesting when we go back a few weeks. Initially GT Sport was listed on the FAQ page as one of the supported games. Then suddenly it disappeared from exactly that list without any explanation. That was the beginning from what we see now. So it would be great to hear something about that phenomenom as well.
    Makes me wonder whether Thrustmaster and Polyphony have engineered this! Either way the Fanatec products are far superior to theirs and I would rather enjoy my F12017 and Project Cars 2 with Fanatec. Would be disappointed not to experience GTSPORT but given the delay in releasing their game I think it has allowed other game developers to catch up.
    I agree. I had the choice of buying the T-GT from Thrustmaster or the CSL Elite. I went with Fanatec because I feel they have a superior product as well. I bought it with high hopes of it being properly supported in GT Sport. I read numerous posts from Fanatec before I made the purchase saying it would definitely be supported. I have faith it will get sorted, but I definitely think something is up with Polyphony and Thrustmaster. They’re probably trying to sway people into buying the T-GT since they have a marketing deal together.
  • Jan FrantaJan Franta Member
    edited October 2017
    It's very simple. Officially licensed wheel for PS4 MUST support all new PS4 racing games. 
  • edited October 2017
    "I have faith it will get sorted, but I definitely think something is up with Polyphony and Thrustmaster. They’re probably trying to sway people into buying the T-GT since they have a marketing deal together."

That would be quite tough but actually it makes sense. I can't wait to get an update on this...
  • It seems there is always a new drama. I bought the ps4 wheel and Base day one. Just a few months after buying the orginal csl Base for the xbox. Not to mention the BMW wheel. Sold my logitech. Then drive club vr doesn't work and now gt sport!!! It's bad enough gt sports vr setting's are supposedly ****. They left it out of the demo. After advertising it as a launch title. Once again Sony ****'s on its loyal customers. Sort it out Sony. Fix gt sport..and drive club while your at it!
  • It depends on whose fault it was.
    We know who's fault it is. Sony at it again.
  • There is only one problem... the wheel works fine, all buttons works and are mapped right, pedals work, buttons works also in PS4 OS, so it’s not sonys problem, the problem is with polyphony. They havn’t optimized the fanatec wheel at all, ofcours when you have thrustmaster so far up your ass u dont see things trough, anyways, it’s up to polyphony to fixit, fanatec is a licenced wheel some kind of mandate should fanatec have to get em to make the wheel fully compatible with GTS. Fanatec could fix it with a firmware update but still no support for all mappings and extended force feedback settings