Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• About two weeks before I get my CSL E PS4 and CSP V3. Sincerely hope that Fanatec and Polyphony developers can solve these problems, and provide proper performance at the same level of PC platform!!
  • I've tried your settings Scott with FW 335, still mis some detail, but for me the best so far.. Tnx
  • I tried this wheel on GT6 (PS3) - in menu in every mode all buttons work ok but I can't drive in the game. Anybody has any success with this?
  • I tried this wheel on GT6 (PS3) - in menu in every mode all buttons work ok but I can't drive in the game. Anybody has any success with this?
    It’s not compatible with PS3
  • My T300 base arrived from the repair center yesterday.  To make sure my mind is not playing tricks on me I will be back to back testing the CSL-E PS4 vs T300 Ferrari Alcantara over the next two days and will report back.  Lets just hope the T300 lasts long enough to test ... LOL

SA
    I really want to have your feelings about that experiment ;)
  • Can some of you pm me you're ps4 gamer tags I'd like to talk through a game and try a few settings
  • Hi Thomas, 

Off the topic but did have some news about the CSL steering wheel a formula CSL Elite 
    :D

Regards,
  • PS4. I've had the beta base since late April... So do the math ;)
    Thank you.  So...i'm not crazy there and it is something related to AC 1.15 being crap compared to AC 1.14.  I hope Kunos gets it fixed quickly...but I doubt it.
    I've done my share of testing last couple a days. And I can say with 100% certainty, that the poor curbs FFB is to blame on the games. In AC all ffb signals are separated and manageable by sliders. Pc2 and GTS both send out curb and road feel as one signal. So that's why it's both that poor, road and curb feel. I hope Thomas can pull some strings to get the game devs to react as quickly as possible... Cause this is not good for us, and neither for the Base
  • Alex PascociAlex Pascoci Member
    edited October 2017
    Is Force Feedback supposed to work in GT Sport? I can't make it to work even if the wheel is flashed to the latest (293) driver. I am using Blue mode on a CSL Elite PS4 bundle.

Cheers!
  • Is Force Feedback supposed to work in GT Sport? I can't make it to work even if the wheel is flashed to the latest (293) driver. I am using Blue mode on a CSL Elite PS4 bundle.

Cheers!
    The wheel must be in purple mode (G29 Emulation) Unfortunately we don't have a fully integrated CSL Elite for GT Sport and nor do I believe we shall achieve that status giving the lack of updates from either Polophony or Fanatec. 
  • Thanks! Read the pages back pointing to the same thing in the meantime, should have done it from the beginning, but was too excited about the new wheel.

The feeling is good in compatibility mode. However, I ran into the same issue called out by others earlier: the self aligning force when the car oversteers is too powerful.

I am surprised by your statement on getting full support. From what i see on the blog and facebook page, the Fanatec people seem to be very confident that this will come as an update to GT Sport before the end of the year.

Is Force Feedback supposed to work in GT Sport? I can't make it to work even if the wheel is flashed to the latest (293) driver. I am using Blue mode on a CSL Elite PS4 bundle.

Cheers!
    The wheel must be in purple mode (G29 Emulation) Unfortunately we don't have a fully integrated CSL Elite for GT Sport and nor do I believe we shall achieve that status giving the lack of updates from either Polophony or Fanatec. 
    Think you better check latest new topic then just this one ;)
  • Following the new GT Sport update there is still no integration of the CSL Elite. Also I found the wheel oscillates a lot more than before and some of the feeling has gone from the wheel. Also the cars drive differently to before been struggling to stop on braking where before i've had little problems. Be interested to hear peoples views.

Settings: (Wheel)

Sen 54
    FFB 100
    SHO 100
    ABS 100
    DRI Off
    FOR 100
    SPR 100
    DPR 100
    BRF 30
    FEI 50

In game:

2 & 1 as defaulted from Fanatec. 
  • I'm having the same issues as Jonathan with Gran Turismo Sport since the update to version 1.05. In the release notes, they mentioned an increase in torque in the neutral position:

"The steering wheel controller's force feedback has been adjusted to strengthen the rise of torque near neutral position and suppress vibration on kerbstones."

Now the wheel doesn't want stay centered and tries to push it to one side, causing shaking/oscillations on straights. I can't remember how noticeable it was in the previous version of the game, but now it's so noticeable that it detracts from the gameplay. I'm using default settings in the wheel, except for FEI being set to 50%. In game torque and sensitivity are both at 1. See video below:

I've read elsewhere regarding other games and/or wheels that the game could be looking for a deadzone which doesn't exist. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to create an artificial deadzone on this wheel. 

Can somebody please help with this issue?

• Ich habe seit dem Update das gleiche Problem! Das Lenkrad regelt die ganze Zeit. Wenn man es loslässt, schwingt es auf! Bitte schnellstmöglich um Firmewareupdate von Fanatec!!!!!
  • Ich habe seit dem Update das gleiche Problem! Das Lenkrad regelt die ganze Zeit. Wenn man es loslässt, schwingt es auf! Bitte schnellstmöglich um Firmewareupdate von Fanatec!!!!!
    This forum is English only. Please read forum rules.
  • edited November 2017

Ich habe seit dem Update das gleiche Problem! Das Lenkrad regelt die ganze Zeit. Wenn man es loslässt, schwingt es auf! Bitte schnellstmöglich um Firmewareupdate von Fanatec!!!!!

hallo ich schreibe hier auf deutsch weil ich kein Englisch kann..
    Mach bitte ein forum für Deutschschprachige wir können nicht alle Englisch Mr.Chris Broshar und andere ADMINS  HIER!!!!!
    Hab auch Daniel das problem

• edited November 2017

• Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited November 2017

Ich habe seit dem Update das gleiche Problem! Das Lenkrad regelt die ganze Zeit. Wenn man es loslässt, schwingt es auf! Bitte schnellstmöglich um Firmewareupdate von Fanatec!!!!!

hallo ich schreibe hier auf deutsch weil ich kein Englisch kann..
    Mach bitte ein forum für Deutschschprachige wir können nicht alle Englisch Mr.Chris Broshar und andere ADMINS  HIER!!!!!
    Hab auch Daniel das problem

Again English only. It’s a commonly known rule. From the forum rules: Postings in English only. If necessary, use an online translation service or ask a fellow forum member through PM to translate your message. Be aware that many people don’t have English as their native language. Be understanding and patient, and ask for clarification if things are unclear.
  • I have the same problem since GT Sport Update 1.05! The steering wheel regulates all the time. If you let it go, it will swing! Please as soon as possible to firmware update of Fanatec !!!!! So the steering wheel is really no fun! I only had the steering wheel for a week and was really enthusiastic about it. But if I'm licensed PS4, why run such updates 
  • I have the same problem since GT Sport Update 1.05! The steering wheel regulates all the time. If you let it go, it will swing! Please as soon as possible to firmware update of Fanatec !!!!! So the steering wheel is really no fun! I only had the steering wheel for a week and was really enthusiastic about it. But if I'm licensed PS4, why run such updates
  • I haven’t had any change in the behaviour of the CSL in GTS and as far as I know updates are applied automatically in PS4 games.. Where can you seen witch version of the game you are using.. 

• This is automatic. Is in your messages the Playstation. You can not prevent that. 
  • Try  purple mode, in game FFTorque 4, FF Sens 1. Wheel Sen Aut, ff 100, sho 30, for 100

all other weel settings off. It works for me..

• edited November 2017
    Same issues here (shaking/oscillations) with Gran Turismo Sport since the update to version 1.05. 
    @Fanatec: please comment and fix!
  • Okay seriously. What will you do. There is always the same problem in GT S. for a steering wheel at this price and under license PS4. and especially GT S is the flagship of PS4 games. will enjoy the problem? Thank you
  • The update is great for my CSL Elite, but breaks my Club Sport Pedals V3
    Contact support please, no one here can help you with this one
    Same problem for me, I did have everything working with v292 but having tried to install 293 I feel like throwing my whole system out the window ! Even in 292 I seemed to be spending more time trying to find a good balance than actually playing a game. first attempt to update left me with a permanently vibrating v3 pedal. further attempts have left me with no working pedals and now a broken cable to the handbrake ( this was always very loose fitting and then having bent and tried to straighten just snapped. Don't seem to be able to revert back to 292. Any suggestions?