Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• The update is great for my CSL Elite, but breaks my Club Sport Pedals V3
    Same problem for me, I did have everything working with v292 but having tried to install 293 I feel like throwing my whole system out the window ! Even in 292 I seemed to be spending more time trying to find a good balance than actually playing a game. first attempt to update left me with a permanently vibrating v3 pedal. further attempts have left me with no working pedals and now a broken cable to the handbrake ( this was always very loose fitting and then having bent and tried to straighten just snapped. Don't seem to be able to revert back to 292. Any suggestions?
    Contact support. The red box on the right side of the homepage
  • The update is great for my CSL Elite, but breaks my Club Sport Pedals V3
    Same problem for me, I did have everything working with v292 but having tried to install 293 I feel like throwing my whole system out the window ! Even in 292 I seemed to be spending more time trying to find a good balance than actually playing a game. first attempt to update left me with a permanently vibrating v3 pedal. further attempts have left me with no working pedals and now a broken cable to the handbrake ( this was always very loose fitting and then having bent and tried to straighten just snapped. Don't seem to be able to revert back to 292. Any suggestions?
    Started again from scratch, rewired everything, deleted and downloaded driver updates again and finally working OK. Not bought GTS so can't comment but more than happy with the content of PCARS 2. Fanatec mentioned a major bug in this game and  would be helpful to know what it is but having to play in purple mode means that you do not see the gear numbers on the wheels? So all I need to resolve now is the broken PS4 cable for the handbrake which struggled to stay connected as very loose and the pin was easily bent, finally snapping. Hopefully Fanatic can supply a replacement?
  • Malik MartinMalik Martin Member
    edited November 2017
    The update is great for my CSL Elite, but breaks my Club Sport Pedals V3
    Started again from scratch, rewired everything, deleted and downloaded driver updates again and finally working OK. Not bought GTS so can't comment but more than happy with the content of PCARS 2. Fanatec mentioned a major bug in this game and  would be helpful to know what it is but having to play in purple mode means that you do not see the gear numbers on the wheels? So all I need to resolve now is the broken PS4 cable for the handbrake which struggled to stay connected as very loose and the pin was easily bent, finally snapping. Hopefully Fanatic can supply a replacement?
    I should have been more specific. Everything works in PS4 mode, I just don't get pedal vibration in purple Compatibility mode. Other than that, I'm golden. Now, if Fanatec could fix my $300 pedals... :)
  • mon volant ps4 avec le firmware 335 v 293 marche bien. depuis aujourd'hui j'ai rejouer GT sport, maintenant je ressent le retout de force.
    je suis content de mon achat. Ce volant marche sur PC et xbox one en mettant le hub universel xbox one. ce qui est bien en ayant ce hub on economise l'achat de volant
  • mon volant ps4 avec le firmware 335 v 293 fonctionne très bien. Depuis aujourd'hui j'ai rejoué GT Sport, maintenant je ressens la force de retester.
    Je suis heureuse de mon achat. Cette roue fonctionne sur PC et Xbox One en mettant un hub universel xbox. ce qui est bien d'avoir ce moyeu sur économise l'achat du volant
      Citation

• mon volant ps4 avec le firmware 335 v 293 fonctionne très bien. Depuis aujourd'hui j'ai rejoué GT Sport, maintenant je ressens la force de retester.
    Je suis heureuse de mon achat. Cette roue fonctionne sur PC et Xbox One en mettant un hub universel xbox. ce qui est bien d'avoir ce moyeu sur économise l'achat du volant
      Citation

This is an English only Forum. Apologies. 
  • my ps4 steering wheel with the firmware 335 v 293 works fine. Since today I have replayed GT Sport, now I feel the force retest.
    I am happy with my purchase. This wheel works on PC and xbox one by putting the universal hub xbox one. which is good having this hub on saves the purchase of steering wheel

• Is Force Feedback supposed to work in GT Sport? I can't make it to work even if the wheel is flashed to the latest (293) driver. I am using Blue mode on a CSL Elite PS4 bundle.

Cheers!
    The wheel must be in purple mode (G29 Emulation) Unfortunately we don't have a fully integrated CSL Elite for GT Sport and nor do I believe we shall achieve that status giving the lack of updates from either Polophony or Fanatec. 
    Quit being so ridiculous (rolls eyes)..

We have already received word from Fanatic that they are working on an update directly with Polyphony and full support will be coming asap. So sick of all these posts complaining when all the caveats have been made very clear. Patience people.
  • Good days, someone has managed to make work the shifter sq in Pc2 or Gts, I did not obtain it in h. Which would be the cable that must go? Regards.
  • Try reading quick manual ;)
  • Maybe a dumb question, I'm thinking of getting the formula steering wheel for CSLE PS4. How do you get the wheel to be recognised by the PS4 without the PS4 button on the wheel? Right now my PS4 won't "see" the wheel until I press the PS4 button. I currently have a PS4 pro and I have the wheel hooked up to the rear usb port. Thanks.
    Thank you, he excuses the inconveniences. Regards.
  • Maybe a dumb question, I'm thinking of getting the formula steering wheel for CSLE PS4. How do you get the wheel to be recognised by the PS4 without the PS4 button on the wheel? Right now my PS4 won't "see" the wheel until I press the PS4 button. I currently have a PS4 pro and I have the wheel hooked up to the rear usb port. Thanks.
    They are mapped to other buttons. With fw335 it's under the middle black button below display and right joystick push. If you download full manual of the wheel you'll see button layout for PS4, if im correct
    Thank you, he excuses the inconveniences. Regards.
    ;)
  • Is Force Feedback supposed to work in GT Sport? I can't make it to work even if the wheel is flashed to the latest (293) driver. I am using Blue mode on a CSL Elite PS4 bundle.

Cheers!
    The wheel must be in purple mode (G29 Emulation) Unfortunately we don't have a fully integrated CSL Elite for GT Sport and nor do I believe we shall achieve that status giving the lack of updates from either Polophony or Fanatec. 
    Quit being so ridiculous (rolls eyes)..

We have already received word from Fanatic that they are working on an update directly with Polyphony and full support will be coming asap. So sick of all these posts complaining when all the caveats have been made very clear. Patience people.
    100% agree. I think Fanatec really cares about there community/customers and are working hard on a there requests/ problems. But some things just takes some time to get done right. Pls have some patience instead of bashing the company.
  • In the standby screens within GT Sport is anyone else getting the violent side to side motion of the wheel on its own if you bump it off centre ?
  • In the standby screens within GT Sport is anyone else getting the violent side to side motion of the wheel on its own if you bump it off centre ?
    Yeah this is an issue after PD did the v1.05 update to address some issues with the G29 on center. I don't think Fanatec has said anything about a fix yet.
    Yeah this is an issue after PD did the v1.05 update to address some issues with the G29 on center. I don't think Fanatec has said anything about a fix yet.
    Ok so I'm guessing it will be fixed after PD implement the csl into the game so we can run ps4 mode
  • GTS update1.06 on Nov 27th and 1.07 in Dec. as your product is still not fully compatible I think as loyal consumers we would appreciate a date for when the PS4 elite wheel update will happen as there is not long to go till end of year. and kaz notes clearly don't mention any update for the fanatec wheel. and I'm sorry to say we are not getting the the full potential of the product. GTS and PC2
  • GTS update1.06 on Nov 27th and 1.07 in Dec. as your product is still not fully compatible I think as loyal consumers we would appreciate a date for when the PS4 elite wheel update will happen as there is not long to go till end of year. and kaz notes clearly don't mention any update for the fanatec wheel. and I'm sorry to say we are not getting the the full potential of the product. GTS and PC2
    My point exactly. The whole saga has gone on too long now both for Project Cars and GT. I feel like I have a giant plastic headache in my room not being able to use this wheel to its fullest potential.
  • Can Fanatec confirm if Polyphony have added support for the CLS Elite Racing wheel in the upcoming 1.06 or 1.07 patches?
  • Can Fanatec confirm if Polyphony have added support for the CLS Elite Racing wheel in the upcoming 1.06 or 1.07 patches?
    They'd of stated it in the patch notes if they'd of implemented the wheel. 
  • Don't assume Fanatec can publicly comment about another developers software updates.
  • hi guys!

anyone who tested 1.06 patch ?

Any trace of "more" compatibility ?

thanks

• Would be nice if we could have some sort of update on this . Was really hoping the CSL support will be added in the 1.06 patch. 
    I guess we need to wait for the december patch, hopefully that will bring the support we want.
  • edited November 2017
    Would be nice if we could have some sort of update on this . Was really hoping the CSL support will be added in the 1.06 patch. 
    I guess we need to wait for the december patch, hopefully that will bring the support we want.
    I wouldn't bet on that...
  • Ive read that Poly will implement the Fanatec Full Support before christmas. I hope they keep their word! (I think it was on twitter)
  • My CSL PS4 Wheel has changed in the update, there's a massive difference.

When i lost the back end before the update, I'd be lucky to control it 2 out of 10x.  Now its the other way round, controlled 8 out of 10x, just had a scream in the FIA race, qualified second and came first easily.   That's never happened before today, you cant tell me its got nothing to do with the update.  

I think they have added more support for the wheel but didn't get chance to do button configs and other bits but my wheel has changed for the better so I'm a happy bunny. ;)

Anyone else notice a difference ?
  • In my opinion is changed the game... you can drive faster with all cars in every circuit... unfortunately nothing is changed on CSL's compatibility yet...
  • Yeah it’s just a change in the tire model and the way grip falls off. Nothing changed with the way th CSL works with the game. I do think the change has the effect of making it much easier to feel tire grip though, it is much more linear now which is great. Driving on dirt feels much better as well. Hopefully we will see full compatibility by the end of this year.