Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - GT Sport Compatibility - UPDATE

Comments

• That was the answer everyone was waiting for Thomas. It's not happening at launch though is it?
    I think it should not be impossible to deliver a day 1 patch on the 18th. We will see...
  • Woah, might just change my mind.
    About to press the purchase button on €659 order and you want an additional €47.93 shipping or €90.38 for express.

• I fully support Fanatec here and think Sony / PD are purposely creating a panic in the market.  Based on some comments here...it looks like it is working and some of you are taking the bait.  The anger and vitriol over something that has not even hit market yet is silly.

I was a dedicated GT racer up until I bought AC for PS4 a year ago.  Now that I have experienced AC & PC2 I'm starting to see that GT / Sony / PD are not serious about making a real racing simulator they want to make a game.  On top of that I feel like they are more interested in trying to hook people into their little world of exclusivity.  It worked on me for years...but I have pulled my head out of my a$$ and have gotten wise to their stunt.  GT6 was supposed to be some revolution...it was just a re-polished GT5.  GTS is supposed to be some massive jump and based on the Beta IT IS NOT!

IMO, GT Sport will be more hype and less content: 
    -They have more fake tracks than real tracks (scanning real tracks and licensing them costs $)
    -They still have their stupid made up "Vision GT" cars as opposed to real cars (Scanning real cars and licensing them costs $)
    -Why do we need a photo creator when the rest of the driving simulator is sub-par (waste of developer resources)
    -Contractual exclusivity deals in peripheral support (lines the pocket of sony/PD at the expense of end users preference)

...anyone seeing a trend with the above?

Instead of jumping on Fanatec for making a product that is compatible with the console as promised...Let's point the frustration and disappointment where it should be pointed.  Sony and PD.  They have lied to you for years, disappointed you for years, and CONTINUALLY under delivered on promises and developments of the GT series.  THEY have chosen to exclude Fanatec products from the compatibility list on their new "flagship" game.

Thomas Jackermeier.  You and your team have my support.
  • Can you help me please ?

I bought this wheel, plugged into PS4 turned on the assetto corsa and everything worked. On the second start, however, the steering wheel stopped working. The buttons on the steering wheel work but the steering wheel does not work. The steering wheel is in blue mode and has the latest update.
    Martin,

I have had this issue also.  it appears to be related to AC not recognizing the wheel and defaulting to controller after the V1.15 update.  I believe I solved it by re-booting the wheel and re-selecting one of the wheel presets.  

SA
  • I fully support Fanatec here and think Sony / PD are purposely creating a panic in the market.  Based on some comments here...it looks like it is working and some of you are taking the bait.  The anger and vitriol over something that has not even hit market yet is silly.

I was a dedicated GT racer up until I bought AC for PS4 a year ago.  Now that I have experienced AC & PC2 I'm starting to see that GT / Sony / PD are not serious about making a real racing simulator they want to make a game.  On top of that I feel like they are more interested in trying to hook people into their little world of exclusivity.  It worked on me for years...but I have pulled my head out of my a$$ and have gotten wise to their stunt.  GT6 was supposed to be some revolution...it was just a re-polished GT5.  GTS is supposed to be some massive jump and based on the Beta IT IS NOT!

-They have more fake tracks than real tracks (scanning real tracks and licensing them costs $)
    -They still have their stupid made up "Vision GT" cars as opposed to real cars (Scanning real cars and licensing them costs $)
    -Why do we need a photo creator when the rest of the driving simulator is sub-par (waste of developer resources)
    -Contractual exclusivity deals in peripheral support (lines the pocket of sony/PD at the expense of end users preference)

Instead of jumping on Fanatec for making a product that is compatible with the console as promised...Let's point the frustration and disappointment where it should be pointed.  Sony and PD.  They have lied to you for years, disappointed you for years, and CONTINUALLY under delivered on promises and developments of the GT series.  THEY have chosen to exclude Fanatec products from the compatibility list on their new "flagship" game.

I have always supported fanatec. My issue has always been with Sony. They are the ones who are messing things up.
  • I just want to say one thing, The CSL Elite PS4 edition is way more better than like a G25/G27 and thats even when it doesn’t have force feedback And that is GT6 / G25 vs CSL E / GTS So for you all that are questioning the preformance of the wheel
  • Has anyone used the CronusMax Drive hub?

Under £70 and proposes to link any Steering wheel with PS4 with FFB etc. including Fanatec
  • Seem GTS just care about thrustmaster products , that pic is from GTS beta announcement
  • edited October 2017
    Has anyone used the CronusMax Drive hub?

Under £70 and proposes to link any Steering wheel with PS4 with FFB etc. including Fanatec
    I am using DH , it work fantastic with fanatec products , but you need to choose fanalogic mode at GTS , that’s mean simulate G29, FFB is great even in Pcars2, if use CSL elite mode in Pcars2, FFB will less a lot
  • I am using DH , it work fantastic with fanatec products , but you need to choose fanalogic mode , that’s mean simulate G29, FFB is great even in Pcars2, if use CSL elite mode in Pcars2, FFB will less a lot
    How does PCars 2 FFB compare in the two scenarios below:

-CSL Elite direct to PS4 running PCars 2

-CSL Elite through DriveHub in Fanalogic Mode to PS4 running PCars2

Does running the CSL Elite through the DH in Fanalogic mode make the FFB any better or worse than just connecting the wheel to the PS4?

Well said! Fanatec emailed me today to say that the wheel will be compatible but they don't know when. Seems pretty certain this will not be solved by the 18th but what's an extra few weeks or so given how long we have had to wait. I think I would rather wait to read reviews before committing to a purchase so have cancelled my GT SPORT Collectors item order saving me £104! May even just make do with PCARS 2 and 2017 which work very well with the Fanatec wheel ( feedback still has room for improvement but that is really down to the game developers, as Fanatic say if something isn't programmed well within the game then the wheelbase is limited in what it can do )

I'm more than happy with Fanatec and won't be going back to Logitech and Thrustmaster!

Well said. Definitely makes me look at this situation in a different light. Regardless, Fanatec marketed the CSL Elite as being fully supported in GT Sport before actually knowing when, if and to what extent it would be. That’s the only thing that irks me. It sounds like it is going to receive support, just probably not at launch. That’s ok. I purchased a Cronusmax wheel hub and look forward to using my CSL E at launch.
  • I am using DH , it work fantastic with fanatec products , but you need to choose fanalogic mode , that’s mean simulate G29, FFB is great even in Pcars2, if use CSL elite mode in Pcars2, FFB will less a lot
    How does PCars 2 FFB compare in the two scenarios below:

-CSL Elite direct to PS4 running PCars 2

-CSL Elite through DriveHub in Fanalogic Mode to PS4 running PCars2

Does running the CSL Elite through the DH in Fanalogic mode make the FFB any better or worse than just connecting the wheel to the PS4?
    sorry , i haven't mention my device , i am using CSW , fanatec mode simulate CSL Elite mode , fanalogic simulate G29 , but their FBB power are much different in Pcars2, but i still using fanatec mode , coz  need to use CSH 
  • I'll just wait and cancel my preorder and pick up the game used in a month or so. I'll save a few quid. At least I know not to buy it day one. Forza works great though. Ive plenty of other options. Project cars 2. It's a good year for sim racers.
  • Ahmad MahrAhmad Mahr Member
    edited October 2017
    I just canceled my Amazon GT Sport Pre-Order as should you all. Project Cars 2 is way better than GT Sport and everyone knows it, but no one really wants to say it.  I bet Fanatec would love to tell all of you to shut the hell up and just buy PC2 cause it's better but they have to be unbiased to stay on sony's good side and sell more wheels.  Even a lot of the reviewers hint at it but won't say it. Almost like they are being paid and want to stay on sony's good side, so they don't explicitly say PC2 is better.  

GT Sports doesn't have the tracks, the number of cars, damage, rain, and the physics are better in PC2.  GT sport is a prologue. Someone above said it best. GT Sport is made for the masses it's a cash grab. They've had years and this is what they release.  Why do I need GT Sport when we have PC2.  

Trust me I love GT Sport. It was the only racing game I ever played until Tuesday when I bought PC2 and it blew me away.  The GT Sport beta didn't impress me. Felt like the same old GT.  Let them work on selling that Thurstmaster T-GT, pickup PC2 for your CSL Elite and be happy with it.  Don't let it get to you that you aren't able to play a second rate game when you get to play a first rate game.  Amazing wheel, amazing game, no worries, trust me your all set.
  • @Ahmad what a happines they have opended me eyes.
  • edited October 2017
    I have csl elite ps4 + pedals load cell interested me or device drive hub cronusmax added some effects? Is the csl elite ps4 steering wheel connected to this device even better? Does it only concern the compatibility of old devices?
  • Guys in my opinion the deal here is just what you want, if you are looking a casual play and just have fun just buy GTS and a good thrustmaster wheel but if you are looking for get in the world of sim and for the reason you have can't go to the Desktop world for me get the CLS and PC2 or the AC even PC1 I play GTS and is most the of the same yesterday I was playing in the morning GTS with my old buddy a G25 and like it but them play a AC and get to the point that I buy GRID MOTORSPORT for a reason and is it feels more like a SIM and not a racing game, in this moment we have a lot of good games and personally I think FANATEC have done the best job with the CLS to get bring us a good wheel in a price for mortals, so you guys who love GTS go get it cancel your FANATEC order and go with another brand (if the case the don't solve the problem I think they will) and be happy. By the way JUST GET MY CLS PS4 AND IS AWESOME THE QUALITY COMPARE TO OTHER IS BY FAR THE BEST, so like I say in the beginning is just what are you looking for. 

P.D. take your time setting up the CSL is not perfect but it have all to make us fell like racing drivers!!!!!
  • edited October 2017
    <
    I have csl elite ps4 + pedals load cell interested me or device drive hub cronusmax added some effects? Is the csl elite ps4 steering wheel connected to this device even better? Does it only concern the compatibility of old devices?
    Just wait al little longer mate. It's not worth the buy if you've got a ps4 base. I experience too much spring force with pc2, AC and GTS when in LG29 mode, with my V2.5 ... And I think it's because the base is more powerful in torque, the ps4 base is also powerful, 6Nm...so just needs adaptation in game . Just wait till everything is in place via updates of the games.
  • I wish PD would invest the same amount of effort to setup the CSL ERW for GTS as SMS/Fanatec did recently with the newest PC2 2.0 update. It's so much better to drive now compared to the initial release - every kerb you can feel on the wheel, even when you drive on a semi-dry track and there is suddenly some water on the track you can instantly feel it. It feels like a proper simulation now and I still have hope the same will apply to GTS. I was very disappointed it didn't work in the initial beta and they just slightly improved in the latest demo / open beta. At least there is a little bit of FFB now because there was zero FFB in the closed beta and driving with the wheel felt very strange.

Stay tuned until it will be patched in a month after the majority have bought the crappy (Un)-Thrustmaster GT Wheel, play PC2 with the latest update and you will have much more fun on the track as with the current poorly implementation of the SDK in GTS.

• Cancelled
    I wish PD would invest the same amount of effort to setup the CSL ERW for GTS as SMS/Fanatec did recently with the newest PC2 2.0 update. It's so much better to drive now compared to the initial release - every kerb you can feel on the wheel, even when you drive on a semi-dry track and there is suddenly some water on the track you can instantly feel it. It feels like a proper simulation now and I still have hope the same will apply to GTS. I was very disappointed it didn't work in the initial beta and they just slightly improved in the latest demo / open beta. At least there is a little bit of FFB now because there was zero FFB in the closed beta and driving with the wheel felt very strange.

Stay tuned until it will be patched in a month after the majority have bought the crappy (Un)-Thrustmaster GT Wheel, play PC2 with the latest update and you will have much more fun on the track as with the current poorly implementation of the SDK in GTS.

we are all on the same page. It's a buyers market. Those of us who have bought fanatec will know how good they are and it's the fanatec wheels with there first rate performance that dictates which software we purchase. Any developers that forget that will lose money. Simple as that. Codemasters know this sms know this turn 10 know this. They all make sure the fanatec gear gets used to its full potential. Thrustmaster and logitech are years behind with regard to feedback ewheel options force feed back H, shifter's and no there company no other wheel has a handbrake or 3 pedals with feedback. They are way ahead of the competion. Developers beware. We already have the wheels. If you want our money I suggest you listen. Codemasters,turn 10, sms and more can do it and they will sell games of the back of fanatecs equipment. Sony it's your loss alienating the your most hardcore customers. You bring me Shame.
  • Ahmad T Mahr is on point!  Fanatec has done their part, went above and beyond the call of duty.  I am enjoying my Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 gear with an Xbox1 rim on Forza 7 and Project CARS on PS4.  My Leather and Alcantera PS4 wheel rim is still in the box waiting for Gran Turismo Sport and Project CARS 2.  If Sony, Polyphony Digital, and Kaz keep screwing around I will just get PC2 and F1 2017 on PS4!
  • Ahmad MahrAhmad Mahr Member
    edited October 2017
    Man I played last night PC2 until 3 in the morning. Woke up today and my skills have vastly improved. I'm in love with this wheel and game. PC2 with this wheel is simply one of the greatest experiences a gamer can have. It feels astoundingly realistic. I can actually tell why a real race driver Is better than the normal human. U can feel that everything matters in the game. Brake point. Brake distance. Down shift times, upshift times, straight breaking. Exit corner speed. Every single thing matters and if u mess up ever so slightly on some of them the car is gone. It's exhilarating. We are all so lucky, how often can u say 2 companies came together and gave u the best they had to offer to create an outter body experience. We're still waiting for VR to feel real, were waiting for robots to talk to us, were waiting for Tv's to be crystal clear. With this wheel and game we are waiting for nothing. They have achieved what they set out to do. All this and I don't even have a load cell pedal or a vibration wheel. If u are reading. Buy this wheel, buy that game. Sell your house, kids or whatever u can, Lol. May sound like I was paid but I wasn't but fanatec if u want to throw in a load cell for the awesome review id gladly take it. LOL
  • I wish PD would invest the same amount of effort to setup the CSL ERW for GTS as SMS/Fanatec did recently with the newest PC2 2.0 update. It's so much better to drive now compared to the initial release - every kerb you can feel on the wheel, even when you drive on a semi-dry track and there is suddenly some water on the track you can instantly feel it. It feels like a proper simulation now and I still have hope the same will apply to GTS. I was very disappointed it didn't work in the initial beta and they just slightly improved in the latest demo / open beta. At least there is a little bit of FFB now because there was zero FFB in the closed beta and driving with the wheel felt very strange.

Could you please pm me your pc2 settings, to not clutter this topic, cause to me it feels like nothing changed.
  • To add to above, If anyone has settings for Assetto Corsa I'd appreciate them! Hope we get this resolved together. 
  • I too was bummed out CSL Elite PS4 wheel wasn't supported by GT Sport demo. I am totally enjoying my CSL ERW on the PS4 and the XboxOne. I also got the CSL Elite Loadcell pedals and the CSL Elite P1 rim for XboxOne. I'm having fun racing in Forza 7, and F1 2017, PC2 on the PS4. Definitely a step up from my Logitech G29. I have since put my G29 up for sale on Ebay. No regrets!!!
  • GT Sport Retail Version with 11GB Update 1.01, does not support the CSL Elite.

Could you please pm me your pc2 settings, to not clutter this topic, cause to me it feels like nothing changed.
    Same here, interested to see the settings you have used both in the wheel and within the game as I'm not seeing the effects you mention.
  • GT Sport Retail Version with 11GB Update 1.01, does not support the CSL Elite.
    I guessed as much. We will get 30 gig worth of updates in the next 4 months and eventually partial compatability. Rubbish clutch control no feedback on the club's port pedals. No rev lights. Unresponsive rumble on the clubsport wheel rims. No handbrake. No point buying this game it's a dead duck. I was only really interested because they promised vr support but I gathered they messed that up too. Well done Sony.
  • edited October 2017
    GT Sport Retail Version with 11GB Update 1.01, does not support the CSL Elite.
    Thank you Sony! I just cancelled my GT Sport pre-order. Of course I will buy this game sooner or later. But they have to solve this first. Does Sony realy believe in this 'strategy' to push the T-GT sales figures?