Black Friday 2017 - UPDATE2

Comments

• Preordered the new rim + quick release. Love the new features, hope to hear more about that dd soon!
  • Can't wait till February. Ordered the new rim and the quick release. Christmas was early this year! 
  • Is there any metal skeleton to the GT3 Mclaren? That new wheel has so little weight.
    No need. It was modeled by using the original CAD files and this structure is extremely solid although we just use plastic instead of carbon. The carbon fiber actually does not even save a lot of weight. It just looks a bit better. But we are using a very expensive laser texture which give the surface a glimmering lenticular effect.
    Thanks Thomas, sold, I’ll order one before the weekend is up (still struggling with the site here in the US). I’m also further convinced that you’re likely always thinking about DD servos for your newest wheel rim offerings ;) looking forward to it! (Both actually)
  • Arie KopArie Kop Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello All Sim Racers!

Can anyone recommend a quality or high quality wheel stand that is compatible with the V2.5 base and the V3 or the V3 inverted pedals? :)
    You could look for the Obutto R3volution. Look on YouTube for vids. I own a V2.5 base along with V3 pedals, the SQ shifter and handbrake. They all fit perfectly in this solid rig. Don't know if the inverted V3 will fit though?
  • Can´t proceed for the payment after step 6 of checkout, 3 times, am i doing something wrong or is it due to overloaded webshop?
    Thanks in advance.
    HG
  • edited November 2017
    Thank you, after 3 hours i managed to get through and preordered the new GT3 rim with the additional quick release adapter for club sport base, I have v2.0. I also got inverted pedals, with an additional damper for gas pedal and the brake performance kit, should be an awesome upgrade for my club sport pedals 2.0
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello All Sim Racers!

Can anyone recommend a quality or high quality wheel stand that is compatible with the V2.5 base and the V3 or the V3 inverted pedals? :)
    Another stand you should check out is the next level wheel stand. It should have plenty of clearance. Unless they updated the design it isn’t predrilled for the pedals, but is drilled for Fanatec bases. I mounted my V3 pedals with industrial Velcro, rock solid. They are good about answering any questions at their website through customer support.
  • Man, too many people break the cardinal rule of forums in here: asking the same question over and over. Wheel to wheelbase compatibility: All wheels made since the CSW v1 (AKA every wheel currently sold in the store) works with every wheel base that has detachable wheels (AKA every wheel base currently sold in the store...including the PS4 base). Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Have to prove you wrong my friend, otherwise I wouldn't have asked. When the first CSL wheel came out, it was stated it worked together with all CSW's. Later on when purchased (second hand) that was not the case as confirmed by Fanatec. So please don't brake the golden forum rule if you don't know what you are talking about. I want to make sure before I buy, I'm entitled to and I don't need you telling me what I can ask and what I can't. Product description is not clear about this so I want to know if you need the optional Quick Release for a CSW  wheelbase together with this wheel and confirmation that it will work with the earlier wheelbase (before V2).
    I stand corrected.
  • Can´t proceed for the payment after step 6 of checkout, 3 times, am i doing something wrong or is it due to overloaded webshop?
    Thanks in advance.
    HG
    Yea it takes awhile...I got stuck at step 3 about 20 times before finally getting through...could also be internet speed if you have a slower connection.
  • Been trying the whole day to order the McLaren wheel and CSW QR, but have not succeeded yet.

In the meantime a question for Thomas popped up in my mind:

is this wheel going to have a successor in the Podium range, or is this it ? I did want a GT3 style wheel for a long time, but I''m also waiting for the Podium DD base. If there is going to be an 'upgraded' Podium series GT3 wheel, I'd better save my money, skip on the CSL and wait a few more months... some info if you please...
  • Naoki ShimazuNaoki Shimazu Member
    edited November 2017
    Finally got to pre-order the McLaren rim, hope the podium series coming soon.
  • Shame on us PS4 guys. Would've been all over it today, but it looks like I'm waiting for tax season.
  • Is this “new” adapter on the Mclaren require any additional parts to attach to a v2? I quite like the original method but just want to be sure I can use it out of the box.
  • Should I make separate order about GT3-wheel? If I combine it with something else, do I still get that other thing right away and GT3 when it's available or both in February?
  • I spent close to 4h this morning but managed to place my order! Struggled for a bit but happy as can be right now. 
    Thank you Fanatec. Can't wait to receive my whole new setup. Some I’ve been waiting for a very long time now.
    Just waiting on Santa to stop by with his truck now
  • I was disapointed the Mclaren rim didn't come with the quick release so I ordered the F1 fanatic wheel for the csl elite ps4, 218$ instead of 296$, no brainer. I can't wait that long lol!
  • Now I need this merchandise here tomarrow for obvious reasons lol.
  • Just ordered the v3 Inverted, CSL Elite bundle and the new F1 rim and and after checkout given a shipping data for February! How can I get my order changed  so that wheels/pedals arrive in the next week? 
  • Looking forward to try out a Fanatec wheel for the first time. Have been checking it out for years and cannot wait! Thank you so much for the v3 deal and finally offering a ps4 wheel!!

• Thomas, would you care to comment on my question?
  • edited November 2017
    Will the mclaren GT3 wheel be compatible with the upcoming podium series dd base?
  • I was able to order the inverted pedals. But since thomas wants us to wait till monday. I will call then and finish the rest of my order. I dont want to be charged for shipping twice. Thank you for the awsome deals
  • Rip off start to finish. Worst sale ever,worst site ever,worst customer service ever. 40%
  • 110euro tax and 95euro packing put on price at the end. Be careful Disgusting.
  • Looking at the McLaren wheel. In the compatability tab it shows the clubsport quick release. Does that mean you need to add this @ 99 euro to get this rim to fit a v2 base?

• I have preordered the McLaren Wheel.

Now i got the Message from my Bank, that my account was already charged!?

Is it usual to get Money for Goods which will be shipped in 3-4 Month? Thats very suspicious for me :-o 

• @Ralf. Yep. That's fanatecs policy. 
  • Thank you for your comment Brandon, finally i´ve been able to finalize the checkout during noon.
    Can´t proceed for the payment after step 6 of checkout, 3 times, am i doing something wrong or is it due to overloaded webshop?
    Thanks in advance.
    HG
    Yea it takes awhile...I got stuck at step 3 about 20 times before finally getting through...could also be internet speed if you have a slower connection.

• @Ralf. Yep. That's fanatecs policy. 

Sorry, but that can‘t be the policy of a serious company
  • edited November 2017
    2nd post in this forum

I never had this type of devices, although I really like racing games I always played them with a controller.

I was initially waiting for a csl elite ps4 black friday deal after taking my time looking into what the market has to offer and eventually was set to fanatec. 

since we did not have one black friday on the csl elite ps4, I thought about it and bought the clubsport v3i pedals to go with a clubsport v2.5 wheel base and the clubsport steering wheel gt.

so, to give some ease on my mind, I just want to be sure I have everything to start playing gt sport (I also ordered a drivehub for the ps4 compatibility). 

does this product code also includes the universal hub or do I have to buy it in separate? sorry for this basic question but since the website is having some problems and yesterday I just rushed through all the crashes I just want to be sure I will be able to play once the order arrives. also, it is being hard for me to load the pages again to check for myself.

ClubSport Steering Wheel GTProcessingCSW RGTX
    EDIT: I would also appreciate a recommendation on a stable wheel stand that can accommodate the v3i. (no need for a premium model). I have the gt omega pro (more or less 150 euros) under my eye but I do not seem to find if it is compatible with the fanatec pedals.