Black Friday 2017 - UPDATE2

Comments

• Thanks for the BF deals. I have the conventional V3 pedals and a universal hub so I don’t plan on getting those deals, but I appreciate that those are both great opportunities for bargains on premium gear that I understand will even work on PS4! The new rim looks interesting, I’m looking forward to learning more. The V3 pedals, universal hub(I got the Forza rim but there are some other great options) and I feel safe in saying this new rim are all superior to what you can get from TM. The rims also enable Xbox compatibility to PS4 customers, I can only dream of getting that kind of cross platform option on my V2 base. I love the Porsche rim and handbrake I got last year, and even if I get nothing this year I appreciate that there are some great deals here, thanks again.
  • I think this BF offers are great and i am an PS4 user! I will buy the Pedals for my CSL Elite (which is in my opinion the best Wheel for PS4). I do not understand all the People they say, its not fair for the PS4 users. Its an optional offer by fanatec. Take it or leave it.
  • It’s strange to see grown men and women moan about BF sales, like kids on Christmas morning complaining that they’ve got a blue bike instead of red.. As a business owner I never put the biggest sellers in the sale, that’s plain stupid.. If you think Fanatec gear hasn’t got the right price/quality balance don’t buy it and go with trustmaster toy’s.. Ps. The new wheel looks good, as long as you can pop the Xbox logo out J

• I bet the inverted pedals will sell out in minutes. The Xbox gear will remain stale. Your move was stupid and you know it. I am sure if you offer just free shipping for a V2.5 base or PS4 CSL wheel it will sell out in 1 day. Not minutes but sold out. Isnt it better for the business to get more people into fanatec gear? (For a second i got excited to try your shifter and handbrake.). I will buy your V3i pedals, but keep my TM 300. Thank you anyways for the first deal. The price is actually too good to be true!!!
  • For the PS4 starters (and I emphasize STARTERS) is absolutely NUTS to go on this BlackFriday offers....
    This PS4 starters wouldn´t also choose Thrustmaster T-GT, because (emphasizing again) is not hardware for starters (and highly overprized for what is offering  i.m.h.o)...

CSL Racing Elite wheel costs 500€ (520€ on the starters bundle)
    If you add your offers (only would assume the purchase of the CSP v3 inverted) it would add 360€...
    It´s a very interesting setup: awesome wheelbase with decen/standard rim and awesome pedals..... for 860€

In the other side (brands), if you go NUTS and opt for the T-GT it costs now (without discounts) 800€
    ForceFeedback of T-GT is on par with the CSL, but pedals are subpar comparing with CSP v3s...
    ....but lacking the compatibility Thrustmaster already have (blame SONY, not the users...), so some users will opt for the Thrustmaster side and total GT-Sport compatibility fresh out of the box, connect and enjoy....

But, If STARTERS value their money, they start with some research, weighting pros and cons...
    and they could start in simracing with more affordable options:
    *T300 Alcantara: decent wheelbase, very nice rim and subpar pedals.........370€
    *G29: old technology FF wheelbase, cheap plastic rim but decent pedals....300€

PS4 users that DON´T have a Fanatec wheelbase cannot gain anything form offers 1, 2 or 4, because you cannot attach pedals or any other gadget independently from a Fanatec wheebase on console... that only happen on PC, console is more closed and cannot opt for running a mixed setup like a T300 base with CSP v3 pedals... they are tied up for the wheelbase, so no wheelbase offer means not possible conversions to the Fanatec ecosystem for people that already are on the other brands ecosystem (Logitech or Thrustmaster).

You could make a killing on the PS4, attracting new people or converting other brands users to your ecosystem...
    New entries on your ecosystem... more future sales on gadgets of your ecosystem (rims, pedals, shifter, handbrakes...)....
    No entries... no future ecosystem profit... power is also in figures...
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    It looks like we should develop a new entry level racing wheel for PS4 ;) Our target for the CSL Elite Racing Wheel was not to attract first time wheel users. Our target was to make the best racing wheel on PS4. Our target customers are PS4 simracing who demand the best functionality out there. Apparently it happened that our wheel is not even the most expensive though.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Would be good to know if the new wheel is compatible with the CSW so I don’t have to take half the day off of work to find out it’s for the CSL base
  • edited November 2017
    meh.. no offers for ps4 users =| See You next year!
  • Would be good to know if the new wheel is compatible with the CSW so I don’t have to take half the day off of work to find out it’s for the CSL base
    Of course it will be CSW compatible. ALL wheels are CSW compatible, the QR of the CSL rims is also designed to work with the CSW QR.
  • Thomas you say that I should buy my first wheel from thrusmaster or logitec???

Your business must run to good that you can belittle customers that they are not worthy to buy your wheel.

^:)^
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited November 2017
    Would be good to know if the new wheel is compatible with the CSW so I don’t have to take half the day off of work to find out it’s for the CSL base
    Of course it will be CSW compatible. ALL wheels are CSW compatible, the QR of the CSL rims is also designed to work with the CSW QR.
    I realized that after posting but couldn’t delete it. haha
  • I wanted the Formula Rim in sale. I didn't get it and i ordered it anyway because its worth it. And im sure the CSL Elite is also worth the regular price.
    :-??
  • edited November 2017
    Please more Infos to the new Wheel, price etc. before preorder - it will help in my decision to order the F1 Wheel or wait for the new Wheel. ( i want to compare this two wheels before placing my order)
  • Yeah unfortunately I waited too to see what deals were coming and now the bundle I was originally going to buy that was 599.99 has went up to 639.99
    You can always buy the BF CSL XBOne starter pack and then add the Load Cell pedal and it would total $429.90....or am I missing something ?
  • I find it astonishing the number of people complaining and blaming Fanatec because the exact item they want is not in the BF sale. Entitlement much?
  • Andrew HakeAndrew Hake Member
    edited November 2017
    The sim racing community is full of the most toxic and entitled people I have ever seen. We are lucky to get any good products from any companies. How embarrassing. Thanks Thomas for the great products.
  • Oh well, looks like ThrustMaster will be getting my business this year. Too bad there is no deal for ps4 owners. I will hold out a few days and see if Fanatec decides to add CSL Elite for PS4.  
    So you are gonna pay TM $300-400 more because Fanatec didn’t give you a discount on their product that is higher quality and costs less? This sounds very stupid doesn’t it.
  • edited November 2017
    Found a few extra buttons :> Pls remove and i apologize if this is a spoiler. can't wait to get my hands on the final product! Fanatec gear rocks! \m/
  • Espere mucho para ver una oferta de pack base PS4 mas pedales con celula pero me parece que me tendre que ir a thrustmaster como muchos otros usuarios que querian PS4 y se ven plvidados o marginados. I hope a lot of time to see aPS4 base pack with pedals cell. I think that i will have to go THRUSTMASTER Because we have been forgotten
  • Sascha KaymerSascha Kaymer Member
    edited November 2017
    Thomas you say that I should buy my first wheel from thrusmaster or logitec???

Your business must run to good that you can belittle customers that they are not worthy to buy your wheel.

Thomas never said you should buy a wheel from Logitech or Thrustmaster. The only difference is that Fanatec does not offer entry level products. I started way back with a plastic Thrustmaster Wheel, got me a Logitech G25 in 2008 and now Im a proud CSW V2.5 owner. As always you will get the quality you pay for. Logitechs G29/G920 are just G25 with PS4 compatibility. So you would pay 300€ for a 9 year old wheel. Thrustmaster offers entry and mid price wheels. Those "enthusiast" wheels like the TS-PC/TS-XW and T-GT are well too overpriced for what you get. And you can't blame Fanatec for not bringing a BF offer for the CSL WB PS4, if you already get the best wheel in this price range.
  • I ve just received my CSP v3i... buyed at full price (****!, ****!, ****!)....
  • Question: does the CSP v3i work with CSL Elite Wheel (PS4 version) on PS4?
  • Hi Thomas, I hope the new rim will be available to pre-order in Japan, I see that the PS4 CSL is not yet available here, anyway i’m Looking forward for the podium series.
  • So if I have this correct, the V3 inverted pedals really need to be mounted to a rig or stand for them to work properly without them moving about on the floor? Is this basically the consensus? 

Has anyone used the V3 inverted pedals without a rig or stand successfully without pedal movement issues?
    SimPit did a video on you tube and show how pedals react without monting to a chassis.
    youtu.be/ix7mBf6jdRg?t=16m3s

Thanks David! 
  • Thomas you say that I should buy my first wheel from thrusmaster or logitec???

It seems that you are taking this wrong, I don't think that's what he meant. I do think it's crazy to feel as though Fanatec as a company owes anyone anything. It's Black Friday deals and if they don't appeal to you then don't buy them. It's that simple. What they offered I think is fair and I use PS4 and PC. The quality is good and if it's out of your price range then so be it. Don't bad mouth a guy or company simply because they didn't give you a discount that you feel entitled to get. It's all a bit out of my price range unfortunately too but I'm not going to bash the guy or his company for that reason. The price on the PS4 starter isn't really that bad compared to others of less quality.
  • Alan DiasAlan Dias Member
    edited November 2017
    membre said:
    please,

CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4

please,

CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4

Sad Friday.... And the sentence:" Some people were dissapointed that there is no offer for PS4 users but this is actually not true as you can create your own PS4 bundle if you combine offer 1, 2 and/or 4 with the CSL Elite Racing wheel." is a joke, sorry!
    PS4 users asked for a fanatec starter kit and not for a 1000€+ professional racing set.

Current PS4 Starter kit costs 520€ - bit of a leap to 1000€+.  Exaggerate much?

Thomas you say that I should buy my first wheel from thrusmaster or logitec???

And then complain that you have to to buy Logitech instead....

Man up and buy what's suitable for your budget.

Edit: spelling
  • Question, will the v3i pedals work with the handbrake on xbox 1 ?
    All our pedals work on all our wheel bases and all platforms
    Thanks for the response Thomas

However that I already know and it did not really answer the question I was asking, but I underfed information as I did not realise some csl bases supported direct connection of a handbrake, nor was I aware a newer version of the handbrake existed.

First my gear
    bases, csr elite 360 use only and as far as I know no game supports analog hanbrake on this platform so irrelevant really, 
    cs 1.5 and 2.0
    eu hub xbox one compatable
    csl rim xbox
    shifter 1.5
    current pedals csr elite
    Clubsport handbrake: which as far as I am aware cannot work on any console unless connected via pedals, probably pre 1.5 from last years bf sale with usb adapter

platforms are xbox 1/x and pc

I will reword the question for clarity as I would not want to purchase something and find it wont do everything I expected.

so for the limited number of games on xbox 1 that support analog handbrake will my handbrake work on xbox 1 via the v3i pedals ?
  • I'm realy sad.The PS4 users left outside... :( Maybe next year.
  • Patrick GriesPatrick Gries Member
    edited November 2017
    *sigh* Since I can't get my hands on a PS4 base even remotely close to the price of the Xbox version, can anyone tell me if the CSL Elite Base for XBOX/PC is compatible with the PS4-wheel(rim) on PC?
  • Of course it will be CSW compatible. ALL wheels are CSW compatible, the QR of the CSL rims is also designed to work with the CSW QR.
    But what QR will it have ? The actual one, or the "improved" for the Podium base (to come) ? Or will there be a choice ?
    I'm willing to order (long time waiting for a GT3 style wheel) but I hope I don't have to wait until friday to be able to decide...
    Some more info earlier than friday would be nice.
    And I do hope the wheel is available without the x-box logo button...