Black Friday 2017 - UPDATE2

Comments

• Oh, and I am going to end up saving $5.95 plus the $5.00 fee to sign for receipt as I found my V1 hand brake cable (which has been useless since I bought it last year :P )!!! Life is sweet!!
  • Damn it One of the Google ads just glitched on me and I got to see the new wheel and with the AUD price. I didn't think anything of it so I clicked on it which just bought me to the normal store, went to go back to the ad to grab a screenshot and I can't get it to glitch again. I wont give any spoilers on exactly what it is, looks nice though.
  • I have a question the CSL Elite Wheel Starter Pack for xBox One & PC will be sold for $299,95 but also €299,95 is this correct?
  • So there is no way of knowing where the product is selling from? 
    If i dont know that before friday i think i wont purchase the offer!! Too bad but i'm making a financial effort for this pack and i can't afford spending more money
    once again i'm looking for the CSl elite starter pack PC/XboX
  • I may just go with the CSL PS4 just for the plug and play aspect of it plus it comes already with a wheel. Even though I own a PS4, I currently dont have any good racing games for it. I do most of my playing on PC.
    Many people seem plenty happy with it and I like the peace of mind to be able to switch system if needed to.
    Looking forward to Friday to place an order for a complete setup.

I'm still hesitant on purchasing a V2.5 with a cronusmax hub or a CSL elite PS4 for its compatibility with the PS4 but I will make a decision by this friday.

With all my other Friday purchases being constants (pedals, shifter, and the savings with the v3i and UH and rim, etc.) that is my $500 dilemma too, Ricardo. Do I go with compatibility of the CSL Elite on the platform I've been using the most lately (no PC for me...yet!) or do I use my Drive Hub and go for the best quality with the CSW V2.5, the best non DD wheel on the market? Oh well, as someone here said, first world problems. Weird as it is to say I am glad the BF sales have no bearing on which wheel I go with. It doesn't come down to the dollars and cents, but rather what do I want to do.
  • There's pic of the Mclaren Rim floating around on Ads on certain sites!
    Why not Pics here ? It looks amazing !
    Hi, Stephen, did you save the image because like Thomas say the where waiting to Friday to official launch the rim....
  • edited November 2017

You can find it in some forums...

There is only a Picture from the front... unfortunately, as i think the backside is more interesting :-)

• Damn, can't find pic anywhere. Stupid google and its inability to find anything important.
  • edited November 2017
    What a disappointment.  

The bundle for PS4 is terrible compared to all the love for xbox and PC with an array of combinations for different budgets.

I was hoping black Friday we might actually get some combinations packs that would compliment what some of us have already purchased.

A stick shifter and handbrake pack or V3 pedals with stick shifter or all 3 would've been great.  I was ready to purchase  all this had a good deal been put up.  I guess you don't need those as all the PC and xbox community got the better packages and don't need the upgrades like some of the new customers do.

Why is playstation so limited by comparison to what other platforms are being catered for?
  • edited November 2017
    It looks like we should develop a new entry level racing wheel for PS4 ;) Our target for the CSL Elite Racing Wheel was not to attract first time wheel users. Our target was to make the best racing wheel on PS4. Our target customers are PS4 simracing who demand the best functionality out there. Apparently it happened that our wheel is not even the most expensive though.
    You are getting closer.  What is missing is Deal 5. Upgrade Pack for existing PS4 users with V3 pedals, handbrake and Shifter Sq 1.5

I wasn't happy with the CSL elite pack that I couldn't find another bundle that had more in it but I bought it anyway in the hope Black Friday would come around and we could get a bundle to compliment our existing package.  PS4 should have more combinations for different budgets the same as xbox and PC has.
  • I see a rotary switch! Any sims support those yet? I'm pretty excited about a new GT3 wheel that has proper diameter like the BMW.
  • I see a rotary switch! Any sims support those yet? I'm pretty excited about a new GT3 wheel that has proper diameter like the BMW.
    I like the BMW GT2 Fanatec wheel very much. I wish I could get one for my system. Unfortunately, it is not available for the Xbox One. Is there a new GT wheel coming out soon from Fanatec?
  • Damion PrevoDamion Prevo Member
    edited November 2017
    Tick tock, tick tock...
  • I have a pic of the McLaren GT3 rim i found while looking on 3DGuru, can i post a pic?
  • There's pic of the Mclaren Rim floating around on Ads on certain sites!
    Why not Pics here ? It looks amazing !
    Hi, Stephen, did you save the image because like Thomas say the where waiting to Friday to official launch the rim....
    Yeah Mate, it has the price and all! Very tempting but i have just bought from Fanatec their Carbon formula rim! It would be nice if Thomas would send me one for not leaking his pic! Lol.
  • edited November 2017
    I dont see what the big issue is here.
    You missed the point of my post entirely.  There are 4 different bundles for Xbox and PC, 1 for PS4.

I would've bought a more complete bundle last month had the option been available like the Xbox and PC users have on offer.  I still purchased the elite pack but it's sorely lacking the required accessories for rally driving.  I also contacted sales via email to see if anything could be done to bundle other combinations and was told to wait for black Friday specials. 

Date: Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 5:35 PM
    Subject: RE: Bundle enquiry No. RE17/01685 CRM:000060006198
    To: Adam  <edited out>

Hello Adam,

thank you for your message.

Unfortunately we don't have any other bundles right now, and we don't have any Information about future bundles.

For sure we will have some great deals on Black Friday in November, please check next month our blog for more details.

Thank you

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße

Alicja Forstner

(Fanatec Sales Team)

• Adam Middleton,

I did get it. I was just playing a bit of devils advocate. I erased my post because I felt like I was not minding my "p's and q's". Something I take pride in.

Sorry mate! I hope you have a good one! 
  • Yeah it's crazy that the ad system is going screwy, shows you price, which product line it's part of and when to expect it to be available.
  • Yeah I'm just salty the great deals for black Friday doesn't help me for the things I need to compliment the PS4 bundle I purchased.  I'm sure things will change in future, better bundles for PS4 etc.

I like the inverted pedals deal but I'm still paying retail on what the standard clubsport would cost which was the upgrade I was looking at including shifter and handbrake.  I love the build quality of the products and will eventually get everything.  I'm just paying more than other platforms for the same kit with or without the sale due to the limited bundles.
  • edited November 2017
    Breaking news, PS4 users are very bad in maths :)

I really don't understand all those complains about bundles, prices, whatever...

The base PS4 bundle is 70€ more than the PC one, 70€ for a better rim, a better motor and the PS4 license is fair.
    The PS4 bundle with 2 pedals + the loadcell brake cost 10€ more than the PC bundle with 3 pedals, 10€ for a better rim, better motor and PS4 license, is a better deal.
    And outside of the expensive Forza bundle interesting only if you want exactly what it contains, there is no bundle with shifters, V3 pedals, handbrake, not only on PS4 but also on PC/Xbox.

The 2 only things you can complain are Sony's fault, not Fanatec's :
    - Having the PS4 compatibility only on one base, but some could argue that buying a CSW to play on console is too much (even a CSL with all accessories is imho) and that not being able to use the Formula or Porsche rim on Xbox is worse.
    - Not being able do buy the PS4 base without the PS4 rim, while you can buy the PC one alone (or in bundle with the Formula rim). I'm pretty sure it's part of the deal with Sony.

And for the black friday, the purpose is not to please everyone by adding offers on everything they want. The deal on the CSL PC is great, probably because they've some stock, maybe they want to release a V2 with CSL PS4 motor/electronic. It's obvious why they can't do the same with the CSL PS4.

I'll be as childish as some of you, I want a preorder on the DD with 40% sale as 5th offer, otherwise I'll leave Fanatec and make bad reviews everywhere because they don't want to do everything I want and none of their offers suits me!
  • I can't seem to get a direct answer..... Will the BF offer 3 Xbox CSL Elite be compatible with a PS4 wheel. I know it works the other way round. I am looking to order tomorrow. I have pc, Xbox one X and PS4 Pro so looking for a solution that suits without having two separate wheels

• I can't seem to get a direct answer..... Will the BF offer 3 Xbox CSL Elite be compatible with a PS4 wheel. I know it works the other way round. I am looking to order tomorrow. I have pc, Xbox one X and PS4 Pro so looking for a solution that suits without having two separate wheels
    No, it isn't. Only the CSL Elite Racing for PS4 can be made compatible to the Xbox by putting another wheel onto it. The CSL Elite (the one with the grey tile pattern on the front) isn't compatible to the PS4, no matter Which wheel you put on it.
  • Cheers Patrick
  • Hi, the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub will be compatible with your DD Base?
  • Sascha KaymerSascha Kaymer Member
    edited November 2017
    Hi, the ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub will be compatible with your DD Base?
    Every Rim from every Series is and will be compatible with every Wheelbase. All 3 Series are one big eco system :)
  • Guys I know some of you are mad because there's no specific CLS Elite PS4 special but you have to recognize is a relative new product compare with the CLS Xbox version so I see very difficult Thomas up it in a special offer but I true too in my point of view no matter if de CLS PS4 is not in the offers is still a good deal better than any other out there. So take the step and buy it if have the money or wait next years offers for will be there.

• Some people were dissapointed that there is no offer for PS4 users but this is actually not true as you can create your own PS4 bundle if you combine offer 1, 2 and/or 4 with the CSL Elite Racing wheel.

I really don't understand this message. There's no PS4 offer, but combine these other offers and somehow you have offers for PS4 users?

I was really about to buy a Fanatec wheel after getting Gran Turismo Sport, but this is disappointing and will make me wait or find alternative.
  • There is no alternative ;) just buy the base, you won't regret it. Or you could wait until the Podium base comes up. Then there will probably be some csl bases for sale.
  • PS4 base and kit pedals TODAY AT NIGHT WE WILL SEE IF THE OPINION AND CRITICism of its clients take it seriously or does not care for FANATEC
  • Is it possible to use the inverted club sport pedals with the CSL wheel & hub? And would you then be able to "modify" the deal so that you can buy the clubsport pedals with the CSL wheels or is it pick one and be happy? :D