CSL Elite Steering Wheel McLaren GT3

Comments

• Come on 6th Feb and nothing from Fanatec Don't they get how off putting the poor level of engagement with loyal customers is.

I am also waiting to send back a faulty xbox wheel rim once I get delivery of my new gt3 rim

Brian McKirdy
  • Guys,

I'm concernt  about the rim and I'm just making suggestions..... yesterday I receive a cupon to get the CSL Load Cell Brake at a very tentative price.... and my point is did I  need the 3 pedals config. to use the clutch bit funtion in the rim? All came from I post from my friend Thomas; he said that the clutch bite works in parallel with the pedal clutch so is posibble the only way the rim clutch just work if you have a load cell and have the use to brake pedal as the clutch?

Thomas please make a review!!!!!!!

See you in track
    I’m not sure if you need three pedals, but you should definitely WANT three pedals. The load cell makes such a huge difference, even if you don’t use the clutch pedal it’s well worth the upgrade, especially with the discount!
    Just take your suggestion and grab the load cell, let's wait till more info from Fanatec and a review of the rim
  • Order my Load Cell on Friday Night, get it today in the morning, TOP FANATEC
  • Someone on the Fanatec owners FB page posted this. So, The 15/02/2018 release date isnt going to happen. It Would of been nice if they told all us buyers, unless there leaving it till the last minute to tell all preorder buyers? Especially considering the fact that we paid for them months ago. So Fanatec, An Official update would be nice, if the information in this message (from Fanatec) is true and correct ?
  • If this is true, i cancel my preorder.....
  • Ok Thomas, what is going on. You have our money and now we find out through un official channels that you can't meet the release date. I expect official information to provided immediately with details of why there is a delay and what you are doing to ensure we get what we have paid as soon as possible.
  • Someone on the Fanatec owners FB page posted this. So, The 15/02/2018 release date isnt going to happen. It Would of been nice if they told all us buyers, unless there leaving it till the last minute to tell all preorder buyers? Especially considering the fact that we paid for them months ago. So Fanatec, An Official update would be nice, if the information in this message (from Fanatec) is true and correct ?
    Even a do not pre order the rim is very dissapointing see a message like this, theres a lot of time someone of FANATEC tell us something in the forum.......... If they talk us and give us a explanation will be different
  • Because this disappointed news is via unofficial channel I still hope it is fake news....yes people say sometimes I'm naive so please confirm this is not true 
  • looks quite authentic. probably true..
  • edited February 2018
    All this Craze, Specualtion and Fanatec Bashing is why Fanatec Refuses to Give up any info about up coming products and Release dates... Its only Feb 7th!!! The Release/Ship Date is Feb 15th!!! There is Nothing to Be said and No Reason for Any 1 to complain until that date is Missed without any explanation or word from Fanatec.

I Dont know how long some of you have been around but if you have been here from the other forum you remember when Fanatec stated Clearly that they would No longer provide info or Give estimated release dates on New products that they would only give info when the product is in stock and ready to ship just because of all the Complaining. Its Not Even Feb 15th yet and the Bashing has already started!!! I don't blame Fanatec for Keeping Quiet because some people No matter what you do or try to do are Never Going to be satisfied.... Let the 15th come and go and if there is No word from Fanatec only then will any complaining be justified. <-- JMO so No Need to debate --> My Pre Order is paid for also so does that mean i get special insider info or privilege???
  • Markus VaßenMarkus Vaßen Member
    edited February 2018
    I also did a Pre-Order and did the paiyment directly. I can not understand why people are complaining already.
    Even if the shipping date would be later I can not see any problem. But as we still have the 7Feb and its more then a week to go
    I see no problem at all and also no reason to complain. In the Order it says still 15Feb ist estimated shipping date.
    So keep cool and I am sure if there would be any News it will be posted by Fanatec here or maybe via Mail to all people who did a order.
    I realy can not get the point of complaining or cancel any order now already.
    What would be the advantage of canceling the order? Re-Order it later again and wait again? I can not get the Point.

I am still very happy, everything is fine. All other people who did the preorder shoult do the same..

• If a customer has paid in full for a product that was promised on a certain date, then that customer has the right to know if what they paid for will be delivered as promised. Everyone else has no right to complain. A manufacturer of a product should at least know if a product they have promised is being delayed or is on schedule to ship within a week or two of shipping. All thats required is to say “..we are not expecting any delays at this time.” Its not that hard.
  • As I can see it always was an "estimated shipping date" and not a "guaranteed shipping date" or a delivery date or sth. Like this.Also in those days company's can not say something like "it will be on time" as nowadays all is just in time. That's normal business. So nobody "has the right" to blame a company if the ETA is not correct. On a guaranteed delivery date its sth different... Maybe it's on time now and in 2hours maybe a customs problem occour or maybe problem with a ship plane or truck so no company will say anything before the ETA Date. Let us wait till the 15th and maybe we all can use the wheel next weekend. Maybe they ship it on the 1th and the ups driver is to slow for a delivery on 16th. Nobody knows.. So I see no reason for fanatec to say anything... Every word they say now will be used against them. So best is to say nothing. But that's also because customers are getting more and more worse. So I fully understand company's like fanatec now.
  • edited February 2018
    I think People are just anxious and exited to get there product. but to cancel orders etc. go's to far.. I had wished for some communication too from Fanatec and understand why people (including me) can complain, on the other hand, they probably have there reasons to do so, and given the releasedate is still not met, we should be just patient and wait for a official announcement.   
  • Well appreciated indeed! :-bd
  • Non the best news but news...... Just wait and the reward is good for preorders guys!
  • As I wait for the McLaren wheel and the additional news on the podium wheel base, I am thinking about what I would like to see additional in the Fanatec eco-system.  I am not sure what the Fanatec pin arrangement can support, but I would value either a Cosworth-style P2 wheel or a GTE/LM wheel like the Porsche RSR that have more robust displays and alternative grips/shapes. I know VR is obviating the need or advantage for a lot of people in having any display on the wheel, but I still like the reproduction hardware. (Obviously there are already arrangements in place with BMW and Porsche.) On the Podium wheelbase, as the available interfaces become more and more user-friendly to use Fanatec wheels on other DD wheel bases, the eco-system advantages of a Fanatec base over OSW and others is waning.  
  • edited March 2018
    Thomas, can you speak a little more about the function of the two 12-position rotary switches? Do they switch modes/settings on the wheel, like having layers (or multiple modifier keys) to multiplying the number of functions assignable to each button? I have one on pre-order, but I'm unfamiliar of how sim racing wheels typically utilize these types of controls.
    I would like some clarification on this as well. According to their video they call them rotary switches which would seem to indicate to me that each 12 positions would be a seperate button; think of it like a button box with 12 seperate switches. However on other websites and the product page it would seem to indicate that they are rotary encoders, so in other words they act like the encoder on the funky switch; so each click clockwise would be one button and one click anti-clockwise would be another making it useful for things such as adjustable brake bias.

Thomas would it be possible for you to clarify this for us?
    Thomas, could you please clarify this. As all the console (Xbox owners) know we have plenty off buttons on our wheels but most of them are useless because Microsoft/Xbox won't allow us to remap buttons. If the switch function works as a button box that would make it all far more realistic, being able to use all necessary buttons in games like for instance Project Cars. Now we have to choose what buttons to use and what we don't use. Having a realistic wheel and not being able to use all the functions is worrying. 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Keyboard support is enabled on Xbox. We should be able to map buttons however it would need to be enabled via Fanatec firmware. I am using a button box on Xbox and it works great.
  • Keyboard support is enabled on Xbox. We should be able to map buttons however it would need to be enabled via Fanatec firmware. I am using a button box on Xbox and it works great.
    I have send you a pm
  • On the positive side of the release of this new McLaren wheel --> Now I can still look forward to some new gear :) 
    Next month is approaching fast
  • Wheel in action.
  • On social media I see pictures circulating of (happy) people who show their received package with the brand new McLaren GT3 wheel. Are they reviewers, testers, Fanatec employees or just 'regular' customers? So that means the pre ordered wheel is shipped in batches? Thx!
  • edited April 2018
    Countdown!! Less then two weeks and we can smell, feel and touch her ourselves. Looking forward to the McLaren GT3 wheel ;) 

PS I was tired of waiting and ordered a shifter SQ1.5. Sometimes it is easier to complain and harder to give some kudos (that goes only for me of course...). 

Well my completely off topic 'customer experience' in the wrong thread. But hey if anyone one has better on topic news feel free to share.

The order for the SQ1.5 was processed on April 12 17:24. Next day on Friday April 13 around 15:00 the UPS -my best friend- mail man was standing outside on my doormat with a 3.2kg package in his hands. Huh? That fast? Can't be true, must be a mistake. Aaah my wife ordered something again...I'm dreaming. No I wasn't --> 10 hours door to door delivery with even crossing a (virtual) border. 

Decided to work from home for the rest of the day and thus installed the shifter. After easy mounting and plug and play hard- and software installation I was using within 10:30 hours my newly ordered shifter. To be honest it costs some Euros but the quality and the ease of use of switching from H shifter to Seq is superb! 

Thanks to the people involved to make this happen for this happy customer. 

And now back to eagerly waiting for my new McLaren GT3 wheel. 

• Lekker bezig brian ;)
  • YES!!!! It's happening. What? McLaren GT3 wheel has been shipped
  • Serious? Damn. Can't wait to get mine