Advent Calendar - UPDATE

Comments

• Today works perfect, it´s really nice. I hope win one time. Amazing idea and effort Thomas and your team! Thanks!
    Thank you as well! I will forward your compliments to my team. :)
  • Great idea fanatec. Sure it's hard to connect at times but who cares, it's a bit if fun and who knows I might even win something. So please stop moaning and just take it as the little bit of fun that it clearly is.
    I was joking, but sometimes sarcasm isn't as clear when typing :-) I love the auction, unpredictability and all lol :-)
    Lol I know you We're, sorry J posted directly after you my comment was aimed at the posts that appear to think they are entitled to win. I totally got your post. In fact as a great man once said my headstone will read " cause of death, miss timed sarcasm. :)
  • Exhilarating stuff. Can't believe I pulled it off, based on some of the other comments I must have timed the bid just right so it would register. I can now say I'm a proud Fanatec owner, and probably will be for a long long time. Thanks for the great setup Thomas and Fanatec, I'm overjoyed! It was frustrating the first few days, but it seems to be working perfectly now, and working exactly as it was intended - to bring an element of luck into play. Best of luck to all of you going forward this season.
    Congrats!!  I was able to participate yesterday for the first time and did not experience any issues. I was the $207 bid, so I was a little bit early.  

Thanks Thomas for putting this on and working through the bugs!
  • Great idea fanatec. Sure it's hard to connect at times but who cares, it's a bit if fun and who knows I might even win something. So please stop moaning and just take it as the little bit of fun that it clearly is.
    I was joking, but sometimes sarcasm isn't as clear when typing :-) I love the auction, unpredictability and all lol :-)
    Lol I know you We're, sorry J posted directly after you my comment was aimed at the posts that appear to think they are entitled to win. I totally got your post. In fact as a great man once said my headstone will read " cause of death, miss timed sarcasm. :)
    LMAO fair enough :smiley:
  • Today auction is work good and fast haha  :)
  • edited December 2017
    Haha.
     I got onto live auction after 3min and was already upto 220 euro, so I bottled it X_X and chucked my 226 bid in and lost. L-)

Was just glad to get a bloody bid in.   
    :D
  • So I  bid, then checked the id history and my bid  isn't showing up under my user number, for a few days now, what's up?
  • Finally I was able to place a bid. But I did not win unfortunetly.
  • I thought 2h 14 Minutes ans its over
    1080 x 1920 - 779K
  • edited December 2017

So I  bid, then checked the id history and my bid  isn't showing up under my user number, for a few days now, what's up?

• I thought 2h 14 Minutes ans its over
    Thomas,
    The auction is for 2h IF The bids do not reach the Reserve price that Fanatec have set, which only Fanatec knows.
  • BMW wheel owners: I'm trying to determine if a 5 inch screen mounted on the CSW base will be visible through the BMW rim. Screen size is 121 x 76 mm. Waiting on my wheel to ship but I'd like everything to get here before Christmas.
  • WTF is with this crap??  Your auction said it had 2 hours left.  Less than 20 minutes after starting the auction has ended....  Can Fanatec do anything correctly?
  • WTF is with this crap??  Your auction said it had 2 hours left.  Less than 20 minutes after starting the auction has ended....  Can Fanatec do anything correctly?
    Hmmm. You might want to read the rules of the auction and then you will understand that this was supposed to happen ;)

There is a reserve price on each auction.  If the bidding hits the reserve price then the auction is over.  The 2 hour auction limit only kicks in if the bidding never reaches the reserve price.
    WOW!!!!! They have explained this multiple times between the actual rule page and through many questions on here and somehow you still don't understand and blame Fanatec. If there was a bundle for the guy who must feel like the biggest jerk you would win, unfortunately I don't think there is so read the rules again and keep bidding there champ.
  • Hello Fanatec! Can a product come twice in the auction?
  • Hello Fanatec! Can a product come twice in the auction?
    Not exactly the same but in combination with other products as a bundle
  • Hey Thomas thank you and your team for putting together something nice like this, I know you didn't have to and there are plenty of us who are appreciative of the time and effort that you all put into this to make it work. I picked up the inverted pedals on Black Friday and plan to unveil a new Fanatec paint scheme once I start using them after Christmas along with a new slogan I came up with can you maybe start a blog after the holidays for posting paint schemes. I've had the paint scheme for a while now but felt I couldn't run it until I actually had some Fanatec gear on my rig. Still using another wheel unless I get a deal through the calendar but I'll upgrade it ASAP too. Lol
  • not working for AU users WTF is this, give some people a chance but block others. way to go
  • not working for AU users WTF is this, give some people a chance but block others. way to go
    If you read the first comments of this post you will get an idea why it was better to limit it. But next year all regions will participate for sure.
    To be fair you have sunshine....Scotland is frozen this weekend I need cheering up more than you :)
  • I think this is a very exciting idea! I’m just sorry I only know about it yesterday when I received an email from the forum about it. I will start participating from today on and try to grab a nice wheel with Xbox hub. On a side note: I hope Fanatec will make more rims that are Xbox compatible without a hub like the new McLaren one. That way everybody can use them be they on Xbox, PC or PS4 (with the right base). I am on all three systems. I am wishing for an Xbox wheel more or less similar to the Porsche 918 and a classic car wheel, maybe in wood? ;) Anyway, I really love my Fanatec system and will be expanding it!
  • edited December 2017
    I won the auction today but didn't got a rabatt code or anything... the price for the ClubSport Steering Wheel Round 1 is still 479,90 for me.

Also the page is terrible slow and annoying.

Don't think i will get anything or heare from the support in the next 24h
  • I won the auction today but didn't got a rabatt code or anything... the price for the ClubSport Steering Wheel Round 1 is still 479,90 for me.

Don't think i will get anything or here from the support in the next 24h

Congrats, If you sign in ro your account on the bottom of the page you have “Auctions” “Not paid won bids”. Nothing there?
  • edited December 2017
    Each time the bidding is open I get an error with fanatec connection, which last until after the bidding has finished. Not been able to put one bid on yet, have tried with 4g and WiFi. Am I able to bid in the UK (just noticed all regions not able to bid)
  • Pascal Lefevre said:
    I won the auction today but didn't got a rabatt code or anything... the price for the ClubSport Steering Wheel Round 1 is still 479,90 for me.

Congrats, If you sign in ro your account on the bottom of the page you have “Auctions” “Not paid won bids”. Nothing there?

WOW - dats what i call "hidden" xD thank you :)
  • Pascal Lefevre said:

Pascal Lefevre said:

Enjoy your prize! Nice wheel at a very nice discount. I’m waiting for the classic car wheel with Xbox hub myself.
  • I need this wheel, but today no luck for me :(
  • This one was fast. Pure luck increment by 1. Congrats who got lucky click
  • i dont understand the rules. it says that we have two hours and the products are finished in just one minute. it is impossible to participe if you work or internet incorrect :( :( :( 
  • edited December 2017
    I’m in the UK and for 11 days all I get is “error connecting to secure server” I have yet to see an auction let alone bid. I must be connecting wrong, I go to the site before the auction starts and login, then 5 minutes before its due to start I click on the day and from that point nothing loads until the auction is over, around 6 minutes today. I have FTTC which is usually pretty quick! I’ll have to stick with my GT2 and Clubsport 1’s.....would be nice to race on the new consoles though! It is frustrating but some of the comments are outrageous! These are quality products being sold to a lucky person for next to nothing. Merry Christmas Fanatec If it’s run in future years I hope I’ll have better luck. Bah humbug to all the silly people claiming they’ll never use or trust Fanatec again ~X(
  • Wanted to bid today for the Formula 1 Wheel and made me to make a bid at 120 € but unfortunately the site was overloaded. The more annoying it was for me that the formula 1 wheel was sold for 120 €. Well, it's just a game
  • Kpuldi said:
    i dont understand the rules. it says that we have two hours and the products are finished in just one minute. it is impossible to participe if you work or internet incorrect :( :( :( 

Copied from the advent calendar page 1, section on the rules:

"The auction ends when the end time is reached or when the maximum price is reached."
  • edited December 2017
    this way of bidding only once is crap... being last bidder is dumb instead of high bidder winning

no body in their right mind should even bid until the last sec...otherwise your bid is stupid and pointless 
  • CSW Formula Rim Carbon isn't going for any great bargain
  • I do like the system though.  it allows the buyer to decide what they are willing to pay for the product and just bid at that spot.  If you win great, if you don't no problem, you didn't want to pay more anyways.
  • I do like the system though.  it allows the buyer to decide what they are willing to pay for the product and just bid at that spot.  If you win great, if you don't no problem, you didn't want to pay more anyways.

Assuming you get the chance to bid. Not everyone is home or has access to a computer at 6PM. And even if you do it's hard to get onto the site.

• this way of bidding only once is crap... being last bidder is dumb instead of high bidder winning

no body in their right mind should even bid until the last sec...otherwise your bid is stupid and pointless 
    You either did not read or understand the rules. Waiting too long is certainly not a smart move :)

And if we would use a classic eBay style auction the end price would always match the normal shop price because there are enough people on our website which are willing to pay the full price everyday. Why would that makes sense?
  • I do like this system over a standard eBay auction, but it has it frustrating problems. First of all the duration of the auction combined with the chance of bidding the price you had in mind. I've had no problems in the last few days to get into the auction, but as the auctions go really fast (within 5 minutes the reserve price is met) you have to gamble when to press for a your price and still be lucky that you were the first one to enter that price.

Maybe you could consider to change this system for future auctions to a system where everyone who participates puts in their bid independently In a timeframe of about 1 hour (maybe shorter, maybe longer) and then if there is someone that met the reserve price he won the auction, if however two or more people bid that exact reserve price there is a basic "throw of the dice" to determine who wins. If none bid the exact price the first bid that is above the reserve price wins for the price he/she bid.

In that way everyone can determine what he or she is willing/able to pay, make a guess what the reserve price will be, make a bid and have an equal opportunity to win. Based on your ability to guess correctly and willingness to pay more rather than internet speeds, luck of even posting a bid.

I do like the idea/principle of this type of auction and I do hope you continue setting up these type of auctions in the future, and I would like it if it w
  • I do not understand your frustration really. Daily it adds a part of Fanatec. to win a little luck simply belongs. however they regulate are, Fanatec determines them, and every day only one person is the happy one.
    I find, it is a cool action, thanks Fantec.

• I do not understand your frustration really. Daily it adds a part of Fanatec. to win a little luck simply belongs. however they regulate are, Fanatec determines them, and every day only one person is the happy one.
    I find, it is a cool action, thanks Fantec.

I do not understand your frustration with people who are giving tips to improve the auction system.
    Fanatec even asks for it: (guote from the first post in this thread)

"Auctions are new to us so we want to learn how to improve it. Please tell us here in the comments what you like or how you want to improve it."

If you look at the auction of yesterday, 120 bids were placed in 1 min 43 seconds after which the auction was closed.
    What's wrong with that?
    - many people can't be online in that timeframe (103 seconds) or the server is too busy to get in, so many people don't even get a chance to participate.
    - It isn't simply a matter of luck anymore if bids are placed about twice per second, it's pure gamble.

I think Michiel van der Wal's suggestions are a step in the right direction. Of course it's up to Fanatec how they want to change the auction system for future events like this.

I think this whole auction idea is great and people have to understand only one person per day can win and not get frustrated if they didn't win. But the way the system works as it is now adds frustration and that is something that could/should be avoided.
    Give people some time to make a bid at least. As I said, Michiel's idea sounds interesting to start with.
  • What a bunch of sore losers!  Fanatec cannot build a custom auction around the way every one wants it to be done.  They determined that this is the way it work and thats that.  I for one do not have a problem with the current way.  I think it is fun, and the element of luck adds to the suspense.  I have been bidding on items I do not want or need just to keep the auction going for those waiting until their price is reached.  Fanatec doesnt HAVE to do any of this.  They didn't HAVE to put so many products on sale, but they did and you guys still complain because its not what YOU want.  We need to stop with this me me me mentality.
  • Do you actually read posts before you reply to them?

Neither me or Michiel are complaining, we're giving the Feedback Fanatec asked for.
    They dit not "determine this is the way it works and that's that", they ask for feedback in order to improve their auction system.
    They do not need to make a system that suits every individuals needs but a system that gives most people at least a chance to place a bid would be nice.
    Maybe "YOU" are having "fun" with the system as it is but people who can't be online at 6PM sharp or people who can't get the page loaded due to an overload of the server have no fun at all. But I guess as long as "YOU" have "fun" it's all perfect.

Nobody says Fanates "HAVE" to do anything and I explicitely wrote the auctions are a great idea, just the implementation of a system that works for more people and give more people time an/or a chance to place a bid would be nice.

So we are not just talking about what "WE" want unlike "YOU". It would be a great idea if "YOU" start with stopping the "ME" mentality.
  • This is a lottery rather than an auction! Auction by its definition finds the buyer who is willing the highest price. This is not the case here. The $1/ 1€ increments from a single bid per bidder makes the last bidder in time to win. You had sold items with 60% discount where I would have paid up to 90% of the sticker price and you did not allow me to participate. This is not fair and is annoying! Make the game fair, stop damaging your brand.
  • It took a while before I understood, but I’ve put the in a few bids and had some fun. The term reserve confused me a bit. Normally a reserve is the minimum bid that can buy the item, but here it is a maximum bid that ends the auction to guarantee a bargain price for the winner, right?
  • How about putting up one of those bases with the Zebra camo! On second thought we’d just break your server and everyone would get mad...
  • This is a lottery rather than an auction! Auction by its definition finds the buyer who is willing the highest price. This is not the case here. The $1/ 1€ increments from a single bid per bidder makes the last bidder in time to win. You had sold items with 60% discount where I would have paid up to 90% of the sticker price and you did not allow me to participate. This is not fair and is annoying! Make the game fair, stop damaging your brand.
    It’s more of a game, if you win you get a great deal! A real auction would overload their server and the price would get so close to full price it wouldn’t be fun. I wouldn’t let that last 10% keep me from getting a new toy, just buy what you want, it’s worth the price.
  • edited December 2017
    When I first saw the auction I did not like it ! Because i wanted something like ebay, and I wanted to be able bid more times. Now I see that it was not worth it, because that did not make any sense. This how is now i see it is the best. Because this is not a classic bid this is simply a game of luck and someone will be lucky to get a product at a lower price. So this is a great idea and I like it. Good job Thomas keep it up with this great offers :wink:
  • Making an eBay out of it would indeed defeat the intention Fanatec had with these auctions which is giving a lucky winner a chance to get a one time big discount.
    The bidding system as it is now isn't ideal either: servers get overloaded so people can't get in and often the time to bid is just a few minutes.

That's why I like Michiel's idea. Let Fanatec decide on their discount price just like it is now but give people ample time to bid the amount they want or think it will be sold for.
    After the auction time is finished the person who bid the exact right amount gets the discount. If more people bid that amount a lottery draw between them is made by Fanatec. If no-one bids the right amount the person that bid closest (be it higher or lower) is offered the discount, again followed by a lottery draw if needed.
    So that would be keeping with the idea Fanatec had for this auction while giving all those interested the time to place a bid.
    Result would be no overloaded servers and allowing for much more people to participate. It's fine a luck factor is included but not getting a chance isn't that great.
    Yesterday 120 people were able to participate. Does anyone think only that amount of people out of the Fanatec customer base were interested?
    Again, not complaining here, just giving some feedback and sharing some ideas.