Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• Thank you Fanatec!

whoa what a Rig!!! :o
    DIY or is this something you can buy? Looks stunning!
  • edited April 2018
    Tnx for your nice compliment! It's a DIY. sort of.. I bought plans and put it together with some custom touches here and there :)
    plans you can buy @ opensimracing of even a whole rig if you want.
  • @ Robert Schoolbred

Yes I second that, you have a very nice looking rig. I have never seen something like that, looks sturdy and comfortable and very professional.
    I have only a boring PLAYSEAT lol, but in the future I want to buy a moving sim rig, also something professional.

The McLaren rim looks very nice, I will buy one when available in the web shop. Have fun and enjoy.
  • Thanks alot Jorg. My ultimate wish was to transform this rig into a full moving rig but i just cannot afford it. It will set you back a minimum of 5 to 7000 euro's / dollars if you want to do it the right way with actuators.
  • edited April 2018
    1 minor detail about the wheel, there are no button caps delivered for PS4 layout because of the Xbox edition. Bit of a bummer. Nevertheless a awesome wheel!
  • 1 minor detail about the wheel, there are no button caps delivered for PS4 layout because of the Xbox edition. Bit of a bummer. Nevertheless a awesome wheel!

Use the ones that came with the CSL, I did and it looks better..
  • Besides the button limitations on the PS4, I more or less expected that, the McLaren rim exceeds my expectations!!

More than worth the money (and the waiting)..

• I just got the Australian 22/05/18 shipping date as well. I can't say I'm very happy that we have to wait a month longer than some of the others around the world.....that isn't very fair. As at is I live in New Zealand and have to get it sent to a friend in Australia as Fanatec don't ship to NZ. I had booked a flight with a an extra two months to spare so I could pick it up.....but now with this new date I'm going to miss it. Come on Fanatec, you can't release them to half of the world!
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Really sorry for the delay in Australia and Japan. The logistics in these countries is much more complicated so it takes a bit longer.
  • Thomas the new firmware for v2.5 that added FEI is fantastic. Made a massive difference to Xbox on PC2 and also improved assetto. Perfect time for my new wheel rim tomorrow
  • edited April 2018
    JP Mens said:
    1 minor detail about the wheel, there are no button caps delivered for PS4 layout because of the Xbox edition. Bit of a bummer. Nevertheless a awesome wheel!

Tnx! Didnt know it would fit.Will try it right away. Cheers from the netherlands!
  • Another Australian here. email received, delayed another month. Delivery now 22/5/18.

Man...

So sad right now. The excitement was at maximum this week and there's nothing else I've been looking forward to so much this year. Happy for those who got theirs. 

The review for this was a key part of a sim racing feature I'm doing for the games site and magazine I'm editor of, will miss deadline now. Double blow. Would have looked fantastic in the photos. *sigh*

• JP Mens said:

Could you please share the PS4 button layout? Especially Share and Option button. Where do In find those on the McLaren rim? I try to order another set of the PS4 button caps...
  • This Guy here deserve Credit from Fanatec..i think not many know this about Adjustment on Brake Pedals
  • edited April 2018
    One more question regarding PS4 button caps. Compared to the 918 RSR rim the McLaren rim has just 9 instead of 11 Buttons... :O So how should it work to map all of them???
  • Quick Question, The button caps from the PS4 P1 Elite Wheel can I attach them onto the McLaren GT3 Wheel? (One from the Packet) Seeing that the McLaren GT3 Wheel only includes the Xbox One/Racing Button Caps then I thought this would be a good option If possible?

I'm simply dying to get hold of one here in the UK and patiently waiting & F5'ing the Page to see If I can order one yet :( 
    Thank you Fanatec!

• Hi All, long time lurker but my first post here, I read somewhere that the rotary switches cannot be mapped, is that true? So they are just there for decorative purposes? Also the toggle switches, do they act as two buttons, for example up is button 1 and down is button 2? Cheers
  • edited April 2018
    For PS4

N = Share
    P = Option
    Left side starting from the top  ==> L3 ==> N ==> Triangle ==> Square
    Right side starting form the top ==> R3 ==> P ==> Circle ==> Cross

switch up ==> R2
    Switch down ==> L2

both switches have the same function; it is therefore a double command.
    Tested on F1 2017 (PS4)

• Received 24/4 in the morning.
    Very good product, exceptional price / quality ratio, unbeatable.
    Everything is very good. The wheel may seem light when it is removed from its packaging, but once installed on the base, this impression is quickly forgotten.
    We are left with solid and a very beautiful visual effect. The manipulation of the various buttons gives an impression of high quality and does not make you think of a toy. As usual, Fanatec gives us an excellent product that exudes quality, solidity and beauty.
    As I had thought before my order. It seems to me that the two rotational bontons with 12 positions are mobile but have no programmable function. This remains to be determined, to be confirmed. It may be game or PC, PS4 or Xbox support. I just tested on F1 2017 (PS4)

• So just received the gt3 wheel. But I have a problem, when i boot up my CSL elite the wheel spins (like normal) bit then the red light switches off, and the wheel spins again. That progress wil never end... (added the video) So when I shut off the base off, and remove the gt3 wheel, add the csl elite wheel, there is no problem at all. Even if I don't attach a wheel to the base. It only occurs with the GT3 Wheel. Its on a ps4 system, it doesn't matter if i connect the base to the ps4. How to fix it, and recognise the gt3 wheel to the ps4?
  • Any update on why some who ordered the mclaren wheel now have to wait another month till the 25/05 for shipping?? getting a bit annoyed with these delays.
  • edited April 2018
    J B, Thomas has stated that logistics of delivery to the Australasia / Asian regions are slightly complicated. Not sure in what way, probably hugely expensive to get a lot of quantity here very quickly, thus another option may have been used. I can't see how personally as my 50kg chassis from the Netherlands should be with me from a week of sending, but, I am not Fanatec distribution!

I do however appreciate the free quick release adapter. I think that's a nice gesture for a 'delayed' product that didn't really have a release date in the first place. I have been happy with Fanatec service in the past and will patiently wait for a wheel many seem to be loving already.

But that's just me. I can understand the frustration from fellow Aussies / Kiwis :)
  • Really sorry for the delay in Australia and Japan. The logistics in these countries is much more complicated so it takes a bit longer.
    Did you only find out today that this was the case? why the hell did you wait untill now to tell us all this. Piss poor..
  • J B said:
    Really sorry for the delay in Australia and Japan. The logistics in these countries is much more complicated so it takes a bit longer.
    Did you only find out today that this was the case? why the hell did you wait untill now to tell us all this. Piss poor..

Months ago they would have decided Australia would be last and not because it's "complicated". We have a robust and sophisticated shipping system here in this backwood. Allocation of limited supply more likely, and not telling us until today because our whinging will be lost in all the good news posts from Europeans.

$4,000+ invested with Fanatec through 10 products over the long years. This is a company that should have its **** together. And yet. Bloody hell it's hard work being a Fanatec fan.
  • edited April 2018
    So just received the gt3 wheel. But I have a problem, when i boot up my CSL elite the wheel spins (like normal) bit then the red light switches off, and the wheel spins again. That progress wil never end... (added the video) So when I shut off the base off, and remove the gt3 wheel, add the csl elite wheel, there is no problem at all. Even if I don't attach a wheel to the base. It only occurs with the GT3 Wheel. Its on a ps4 system, it doesn't matter if i connect the base to the ps4. How to fix it, and recognise the gt3 wheel to the ps4?
    Seems you did not updated your firmware.
    You need a PC to to uninstall your old driver, then installing the new driver v310.
    Then you need to reboot your PC, power on your Wheel Base in red PC mode WITHOUT the McLaren attached to the Base. In the driver properties page a window will pop up to update your wheel base firmware. To do so just follow the instructions.
    After a automatic base reboot you can finally attach your McLaren rim. Again in the driver properties another window will pop up to update your McLaren firmware. Again to do so just follow the instruction.s
    After the McLaren firmware was updated and the base rebooted, all you have to do is to set the center point by going into the Tuning menu and pressing the left FunkySwitch and the Xbox button at the same time - done.

Fanatec also did a tutorial video on their YouTube:

• Hmm so it is being shipped now? Haven't heard anything yet...
  • Hi All, long time lurker but my first post here, I read somewhere that the rotary switches cannot be mapped, is that true? So they are just there for decorative purposes? Also the toggle switches, do they act as two buttons, for example up is button 1 and down is button 2? Cheers
    Fanatec is not Thrustmaster..... ;)
    Of course the two 12-positional Rotarys can be mapped as 12 individual buttons (for each rotary switch and each position is a different button) so you get 24 buttons in total out of these two rotary switches.
    Same for the toggle switches. Up is one button, down is another button (on each toggle).

No deco on this rim, all buttons can be mapped! :)
    Fanatec is not Thrustmaster..... ;)
    Of course the two 12-positional Rotarys can be mapped as 12 individual buttons (for each rotary switch and each position is a different button) so you get 24 buttons in total out of these two rotary switches.
    Same for the toggle switches. Up is one button, down is another button (on each toggle).

No deco on this rim, all buttons can be mapped! :)
    On PS4 they don't work.

• JP Mens said:

Could you please share the PS4 button layout? Especially Share and Option button. Where do In find those on the McLaren rim? I try to order another set of the PS4 button caps...
    Sylvian beat me with the layout..