Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• Bonjour, je n'ai toujours pas reçu de mail pour le quick realise offert, suite au retard de 2 mois. Je lai precomander aau black friday. Est ve normal ?et merci pour le geste commercial
  • Alain KohlerAlain Kohler Member
    edited February 2018
    hm, maybe that's good news, but not for me :(
    I need a new Wheel but summer (or later) is too late for me. So i ordered the CSW 2.5

I hope this was the right choice. I don't know :-??
  • Glad to know I'll be compensated fairly for having to wait a bit longer for the McLaren rim. I'm also waiting on some other items I ordered during the Black Friday event, so it's nice to know that Fanatec is at least attempting to make ends meet. The wait has been grueling, but a bit longer won't hurt. Thank you for trying to make better products.
  • Evening Thomas, I appreciate the updates on the CSL wheel and I'm happy to wait for the CSL wheel and appreciate the added quick release adapter as i was waiting on that to be back in stock to get one for it. 
  • Thanks so much for the updates Thomas! Greatly appreciated!
  • Greg SnellGreg Snell Member
    edited February 2018
    I think quite a number of those who preordered the QR with the rim did so because we already have a substantial collection of Fanatec gear, multiple rims etc... An option of a refund for the portion of preorder for the QR would be a nice option. Not meaning to sound ungrateful, it’s just that I have no specific need to fill at this time. Not whining, just throwing that out there. Of course if I could get a coupon to beta test this dd, that would be super awesome option! ;) (Kinda kidding about the beta thing, I work 12 hrs/day driving a truck, so I doubt I have the time to provide the quality feedback you’re looking for.)
  • HI Thomas,
    Thanks for the update concerning the release date of the new Wheel, I'm happy to wait that little bit longer to know that your products will be as good as they always are.
    I'd like to thank you as well for the QRA for our patience, I know you don't have to do this so it's a very nice thought 
    :-bd
  • Thomas, thank you for this update! Of course a little sad not to have my McLaren wheel sooner, but as we all know...the best things in life are worth waiting for! I will certainly be keeping my pre-order active, and I await the changes with eager anticipation! Bonus to receive a free QR attachment.

Curious, how will those of us who pre-ordered the QR be compensated?
  • Hi, Thomas,

I started to play sim racing and a few days ago and I met great experience without going track.

In our country, I found distributor of Fanatec but they do not sell CSL Elite Steering wheel for PS4 due to license with SONY.
    So I bought Steering Wheel from US website and bought CSL Pedal from your distributor in our country.

1. Please let me know you have any plan to sell in South Korea for McLaren Steering wheel?
    I saw explanation that also available with PS4 and I am very worry about that can't be sold in our country due to License problem.
    I would like to purchase from your distributor in South Korea because your web shop do not support delivery to our country and It's too cumbersome to delivery to our country from you. 

2. I heard that Podium Wheel will not be available with Console such as PS4. Do you have plan to product DD Wheels for PS4 or XBOX? 

3. Now I am enjoying GTS in Purple Mode but display on Steering Wheel is not working. Your means are after update from Polyphony, Center display will be working and also can operated in Blue Mode. Right? 

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator

hm, maybe that's good news, but not for me :(
    I need a new Wheel but summer (or later) is too late for me. So i ordered the CSW 2.5

I hope this was the right choice. I don't know :-??
    It was absolutely the right choice. And the prices for used CSW V2.5 will probably be at a high level as we plan to keep them in our product portfolio with no price changes. 
    Hi, Thomas,

I started to play sim racing and a few days ago and I met great experience without going track.

In our country, I found distributor of Fanatec but they do not sell CSL Elite Steering wheel for PS4 due to license with SONY.
    So I bought Steering Wheel from US website and bought CSL Pedal from your distributor in our country.

1. Please let me know you have any plan to sell in South Korea for McLaren Steering wheel?
    I saw explanation that also available with PS4 and I am very worry about that can't be sold in our country due to License problem.
    I would like to purchase from your distributor in South Korea because your web shop do not support delivery to our country and It's too cumbersome to delivery to our country from you. 

2. I heard that Podium Wheel will not be available with Console such as PS4. Do you have plan to product DD Wheels for PS4 or XBOX? 

3. Now I am enjoying GTS in Purple Mode but display on Steering Wheel is not working. Your means are after update from Polyphony, Center display will be working and also can operated in Blue Mode. Right? 

1. This depends on our distributor but there are no license issues to sell the product in South Korea

2. Don't believe all rumors you hear ;)

3. In theory the display is working but it is not confirmed to what extent they will make use of it
  • edited February 2018
    Patience is the key... I am still enjoying the P1 rim so much that there is no rush with getting a McLaren wheel..Nice move with QR Thomas, makes me think even more that patience is the key ;) i would be a liar if said that haven't been thinking about it since calendar shows Feb, but can wait few weeks longer. Anyway keep up the good work. All the best.!!
  • Hello Thomas

Nothing dramatic. We just had to cancel the clutch and the OLED display. ;)

Can you expand on this quote  a little more.
    So the clutch levers wont be there....?
    And the Oled screen wont be there ....?
    Anymore changes...?

When will you let us know about other wheels in the pipeline, for Podium series......

Keep up the good work, and please keep us informed....

• About podium-wheelbase, would like to see some kind of preorder possiibility&preview info sent to present customers when DD's price and predicted release date is known.
  • Need a clarification here: The coupon you sent cannot be used until June 1?  Is that correct, or does it expire on June 1? 
  • I did not get a coupon or email yet about the wheel delay.

• I did not get a coupon or email yet about the wheel delay.
    I found it in my spam folder if any help people,,

• Hello Thomas

Nothing dramatic. We just had to cancel the clutch and the OLED display. ;)

Can you expand on this quote  a little more.
    So the clutch levers wont be there....?
    And the Oled screen wont be there ....?
    Anymore changes...?

When will you let us know about other wheels in the pipeline, for Podium series......

Keep up the good work, and please keep us informed....

;) means joke!!
  • Ian MchaleIan Mchale Member
    edited February 2018
    I did not get a coupon or email yet about the wheel delay.
    I just got an email update regarding my Mclaren wheel preorder stating that the new estimated date is now 23/04/2018, but didnt say anything about the free QR upgrade. Hopefully will just come with my mclaren wheel when delivered :)
  • Thomas. Could someone please check as I have had no email about the delay on the gy3 rim. The last thing I want is for April to arrive and I find my order is not correct. Money was paid as part of a larger order back in Nov. Thanks
  • If you are looking for early adopter candidate to come to HQ, I volunteer.
    Send me the bill :) Ill pre-order.
  • Thomas, I received my email and info about the discount code, I can't use the code until 1st June, is there an expiry date on the discount code. Thanks
  • I've just recived emails about the rim and free qr, so the handeling seems oke..
  • Got email about the rim yesterday but not about the free QR. Whats up with the communication guys?
  • Ordered only mclaren on bf. Arrived two mail for mclaren and qr free. Shipping date 23/4/18 Thanks fanatec
  • Now have an email about delay but no mention about the free QR. Thomas can you please clarify Thanks
  • edited February 2018
    Now have an email about delay but no mention about the free QR. Thomas can you please clarify Thanks
    Me too. :-(
  • Now have an email about delay but no mention about the free QR. Thomas can you please clarify Thanks
    same thing here!

One more here
  • edited February 2018
    Hi all, 

this is Belma from Team Fanatec :-h and I would like to give you a short update to the CSL Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 Delay !

As you already know this steering wheel is an exact reproduction of the wheel used in McLaren GT3 race cars. This reproduction has been a very exciting product for us - but we want to make sure we get it right. 

Nevertheless we really regret this delay, but we are happy to inform you that you will receive compensation for your patience!

All of our customers who already purchased the CSL Steering Wheel McLaren GT3 --> You will receive the ClubSport Quick Release Adapter for free! To make it easier for you, the QRA will be sent to you automatically in late April! There is no need to modify the order, we will take care of it!

For those customers who already purchased the CSL Steering Wheel McLarent GT3 and the QRA we have also something special. We want to thank you for your patience with an voucher of the amount of your purchased ClubSport Quick Release Adapter. This discount code will be valid from the 1st of June 2018!

We thank you for your understanding that a cash payment of the voucher or the QRA is not possible. Also the validity of the discount code can not be changed! 

I hope I have been able now to answer some of your questions :)

Keep on simracing and have an awesome day! 

Belma 
  • Thanks Fanatec! Your gift is very generous and really appreciated.