Updates on Mclaren, Podium Base and GTS

Comments

• Nice pics Thorsten, you big spender!! Do you feel the difference in weight wilst driving??
  • Thomas AhrerThomas Ahrer Member
    edited March 2018
    Will the Podium series compatible with xbox/ps4 ?
  • Will the Podium series compatible with xbox/ps4 ?
    That's the 1 MM dollar's question!!!!!! But like Thomas said maybe.......... Honestly if I go for a Podium base will used in the PC world since you going to take out of it the most and will insurance your inversion today the relations between Fanatec and Sony are good but in the future this can change like in the pass........

See you in the track!!!! 
  • ...in the part of the base Thomas said the podium will have the same three holes the others base have...
    It's exactly this kind of a small detail I really like. Thomas and his crew are showing a great sense of understanding their customer needs.

BTW I can't wait to mount the new McLaren rim to my base. But the other ones are looking nice as well at the CSL Elite base...

Cheers,
    Thorsten

Those pictures looks like make in a profeccional studio!!!!!
  • edited March 2018
    Thank you! I like talking pictures of my stuff. And yes, you can feel the difference in terms of weight and strength. Actually I like the F1 Carbon rim most. That's why I can't wait to hold the McLaren rim in my hand. And I guess I will take some pictures as well then...
  • Thank you! I like talking pictures of my stuff. And yes, you can feel the difference in terms of weight and strength. Actually I like the F1 Carbon rim most. That's why I can't wait to hold the McLaren rim in my hand. And I guess I will take some pictures as well then...
    Definitely agree with you on the F1 Carbon.....It feels amazing - treating me very well in GT Sport! http://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?profile=1465761
  • Thank you! I like talking pictures of my stuff. And yes, you can feel the difference in terms of weight and strength. Actually I like the F1 Carbon rim most. That's why I can't wait to hold the McLaren rim in my hand. And I guess I will take some pictures as well then...
    And not just pictures remember to give us your impression of it  not a review but  your feelings I do not pre ordered and was a mistake but like you pre ordered and going to get the quick release I want to know if the difference in weight in the 2 configurations is not to big to wort spend the 100 buck. 
  • For Me with the V2.5 when Racing i dont feel or Notice a Difference in the wheel weight between the Porsche Rim VS the Xbox1 Hub w/Forza Rim ---> I do feel Difference when i use the Formula Black Rim but its Not a Weight Difference its a Size Difference --> The Formula Black Rim is Smaller so you have less Leverage and this makes the FFB feel Stronger.
  • @Lorrell Waddell
    thanks for sharing your experience. Till now I have only the original PS4 rim with my CSL Elite, but in the future I want to buy some other rim.....first I wait how the McLaren Rim will get tested and rated, not sure which rim I will purchase. So it is always good to hear from users how certain rims perform.

• Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited March 2018

• there will be an update after the next maintenance downtime for GTS tomorrow morning, maybe this time?!
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    there will be an update after the next maintenance downtime for GTS tomorrow morning, maybe this time?!
    I had a short meeting with PD and they assured me that they are on it. No exact date was given but it seems that it takes a few more weeks but not months.
  • Thank you Thomas Jackermeier for the update and good news for the GTS players.
    I think it is great that you communicate with your customers and share news from PD if there are any, I am sure that is what most want to hear here.
    Thank you and have a nice week. Best regards 
  • edited March 2018
    there will be an update after the next maintenance downtime for GTS tomorrow morning, maybe this time?!
    I had a short meeting with PD and they assured me that they are on it. No exact date was given but it seems that it takes a few more weeks but not months.
    Thank you for the update! I'm really satisfied with the CSL Elite and can't wait for the official implementation in GTS (as there is so much more potential in terms of FFB).
  • Still not in the gt Sport v1.14 think thrustmaster bought polygam for keeping Fanatec out for a long time so thrustmaster can sell the crappy thrustmaster gt rim
  • I wouldn't say it's crappy but definitely overpriced compared to the Fanatec wheels.
  • I wouldn't say it's crappy but definitely overpriced compared to the Fanatec wheels.

Overprice just a bit, Fanatec elite PS4, and Fanatec v3 pedals is cheaper then the thrustmaster gt set
  • PD never distinguished for it's hastiness - so there's no singularity in the situation with GTS and Fanatec. I just sold my TM ecosystem because I don't like how it's TH8 and T3PA are felt (and TM had no handbrake). So GTS is waiting for my next Fanatec ecosystem at the moment - I decided to wait for DD release/reviews before final purchase.
  • edited March 2018
    I gave up on GT Sport. Initially I bought CSL Elite PS4 + CSP v3 for this game. But after spending too many hours playing it, I think that this game is crap, not only because of missing native support for my wheel, but because physics do not feel realistic and online ranking/rules is complete s**t - something that probably will never be fixed.

I have a hobby race car and I think I could make a difference what feels more real/unreal. GT Sport is not driving simulator and never will be - with or without native support for Fanatec wheels.

My equipment is too much for wasting it in GT Sport. I moved to PC gaming (Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa and others) and the feeling is much much better (physics, ffb, visually ...).

If I had the experience before buying CSL Elite PS4, I would buy ClubSport V2.5 instead.

• edited March 2018
    I don't have my own race car in real live. So I don't have the chance to compare it with any of the racing games. That's why I like playing GTS. But actually I do not expect that playing a game feels like driving a real car. But I can say that I enjoy it most with my Fanatec wheels. And in my opinion driving with the CSL Elite base for me feels better compared to the CSW base V2. I don't have experience with the V2.5.
  • Hè Thomas tell us the price, take our money and we will all shut the biep up The sim community needs a high end wheel, where you do not have to be an engineer to make it work. When i had my first motion platform it was with xsim software it always took me a great amount of time to make it work. Now i have software it takes me three clicks and it alway,s works had to pay for this software and it starts with a L Thats what we need PLUG AND PLAY I I went from a tripple screen setup to VR and i can not go back but what would be nice are wheels one to one to the sim so that pushing a button on the wheel would be easier N Is that something Fanatec is thinking off?C E
  • hey thomas your new video shows replaceble caps for the button boxes xbox hub.nothing on poduct page, can we purchase these caps?
  • I have been asking for it in the initial Podium series topic, but got no answer, so I'm going to try here:
    I understand that the new DD bases have mounting points at the side and the bottom, but can I mount it on my rig, using the front bolts (like the V2).
    My SimLab P1 rig has this kind of steering wheel bracket:

Thanks for informing.
  • hey thomas your new video shows replaceble caps for the button boxes xbox hub.nothing on poduct page, can we purchase these caps?
    Hi Robert, I have been able to purchase additional items not listed for sale by contacting support.
  • I have been asking for it in the initial Podium series topic, but got no answer, so I'm going to try here:
    I understand that the new DD bases have mounting points at the side and the bottom, but can I mount it on my rig, using the front bolts (like the V2).
    My SimLab P1 rig has this kind of steering wheel bracket:

Thanks for informing.
    Sim Labs own website says you should buy the other type of wheel mounting option the 'Wheel Deck' for 'Fanatec Podium DD Wheels'.
  • edited March 2018
    At the moment we are aiming to start selling the DD wheel bases in summer.
    ^_^
  • Chris PrestonChris Preston Member
    edited March 2018

Hi, I've been using my csl elite bundle with GTS for a couple of months now also using the playseat challenge. I'm not fully sold with the wheel yet. I'm using these settings: 

sen. 59

FF,100

SHO;100,

ABS,100

DRI,-5

FOR,100

SPR,OFF

DPR,OFF

BRF,20

FEI,90

Using feedback and sensitivity settings in game at 1 and 1.

If anyone would like to share their settings for GTS, it would be very appreciated. 

My positives are, I get great feedback but not sure if its to its highest quality as its my first wheel.

Also the accuracy when turning seems spot on. basically the wheel does its job in purple mode.

The negatives are lack of buttons that you can use in the game, I use my controller to navigate its much easier. The oscillation is really bad when your lining up before a race online, then as soon as 321 GO its fine. But i get some small oscillation when driving in a straight line.

A part of me wishes i would of bought the G29 to start with as its cheap and works fine with GTS from what I've seen on youtube.

And with the playseat it took me some getting used to. messing with the positioning of the wheel and the straps for the height. i ended up drilling more holes into the plate so that the wheel wouldn't be so close to my body. I feel like the height of the wheel when mounted to the seat is too high. It would be nice to change the height of the wheel. No matter how low or high you set the seat the wheel is still at the same height of your body. 

Thanks to everyone who is sharing their experience with fanatec and GTS. hopefully the oscillation will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Ciao.

• cheers Wesley for info will contact support thanks
  • For those making numbers and comparatives TM have just launch a LED display for the TM eco-system at 170.00, so if you are looking to see rev ligthing here you got the option now from TM....... just remember it cost 0.00 in fanatec site........ ^:)^

• Willy WELSWilly WELS Member
    edited March 2018
    Sim Labs own website says you should buy the other type of wheel mounting option the 'Wheel Deck' for 'Fanatec Podium DD Wheels'.
    Thanks for the info Neil, but - as I already figured out - it is not that simple.
    I contacted Richard at SimLab to find out. Atm he is only certain that the Podium base can be mounted on the sides or at the bottom (for which his wheel deck can be used). But there is nothing definitive yet and it could well be that a front mount will also feature on the final version.

So - AGAIN - can somebody from FANATEC please provide a clear answer on this ?