CSL Elite McLaren Steering Wheel will ship in June

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Awesome button layout! I pre-ordered the GT3 wheel. Did you color those buttons yourself or did you buy them from somewhere? I would like to add colored buttons as well.
    These are the original buttons. Just remove the Xbox caps.
    You will be very happy when you receive your wheel.
    Very good buy, you will not be disappointed.
  • Any idea when the New FW that was in alpha testing phase last week is coming???
    Awesome button layout! I pre-ordered the GT3 wheel. Did you color those buttons yourself or did you buy them from somewhere? I would like to add colored buttons as well.
    These are the original buttons. Just remove the Xbox caps.
    You will be very happy when you receive your wheel.
    Very good buy, you will not be disappointed.
    Thank you for your reply!! Awesome!
  • I had my wheel for only a week and competed in one series race and a few fun races before having to send it back due to the wheel not accepting the latest firmware, so here's my opinion of this wheel?
  • Wesley just read your review - the wheel has no carbon fiber, it's plastic on the front. Also you have white text against a while background in one para so can't read that.

Nice site, and hope all goes well with your wheel. Did the FW brick it or is it just that it somehow won't accept the FW?

Mine's due in about a week, reading the issues - and the reports of how nice it is - with great interest.
  • Wesley just read your review - the wheel has no carbon fiber, it's plastic on the front. Also you have white text against a while background in one para so can't read that.

Nice site, and hope all goes well with your wheel. Did the FW brick it or is it just that it somehow won't accept the FW?

Mine's due in about a week, reading the issues - and the reports of how nice it is - with great interest.
    Thanks for the info, I will check out those errors. Not sure what happened, I follow the video, but when it got to the rim update itself nothing would happen.
  • Does the firmware flash into the rim, or just the base?

• You will have to flash both.
  • Note to all McLaren GT3 Wheel users on PC (not sure if this occurs on PS4/Xbox 1):

Some of you may have figured this out already: Each position on the rotary dial is a button, so Position 1 on the left dial might be Button 54 for example, Position 2 is button 55, and so on...thing is, the wheel presses that position all the time, so it's impossible to map buttons using the default setting (12 position mode). There is a 11-Position mode you need to set in order to configure buttons using this wheel.

In Windows, open game controllers and go into the CSW or CSL Elite Wheel base settings (with the McLaren wheel attached of course). Follow the pictures below:

Click OK on everything, set both dials to Position 1 and you should be good to go. This was an issue mapping buttons in Automobilista, not sure about other sims but I'd imagine it'd be an issue there as well.
  • Hi Thomas, 

Will be a nice detail from Fanatec dispatch the new order sooner than the stipulated in the shop site  
    [-O<  :D, or maybe a coupon with a special discount in order for news CSL Mclaren 650s owners.

Regards,
  • Wen will the podium serie be releast?
  • Wen will the podium serie be releast?
    Last we heard, it was a vague "summer".
  • Quick question. Will the QR from a BMW rim fit the GT3 rim?  Looks like it has 2 flat sides and the BMW QR is fully round I think. Anyone used a QR from an old Clubsport rim rather than buy the optional QR from the store?

• Quick question. Will the QR from a BMW rim fit the GT3 rim?  Looks like it has 2 flat sides and the BMW QR is fully round I think. Anyone used a QR from an old Clubsport rim rather than buy the optional QR from the store?

simple answer: no.
  • What is the actual shipment date? as it has changed on the main page, it now says 2018/06/21 any particular reason it has been put back?
  • What is the actual shipment date? as it has changed on the main page, it now says 2018/06/21 any particular reason it has been put back?
    I guess the new date for following orders. :)
  • Off topic but can anyone here provide me with the links to purchase a PCBA and Hall Sensor for the Clubsport V2 pedals? mine have died and need replacing.
    Waiting for support to get back to me but it's been several days already and I miss racing!
  • Please help me out. The new mclaren gt3 or the BMW m3 gt 2 wheel on the csl elite base? I cant make a choise.
  • Please help me out. The new mclaren gt3 or the BMW m3 gt 2 wheel on the csl elite base? I cant make a choise.
    Without hesitation, the McLaren steering wheel.

Why ?

The BMW steering wheel is significantly heavier than the P1 wheel, it will require very different settings, in the same game depending on whether you ride with the steering wheel P1 or BMW.
    The McLaren steering wheel and P1 being substantially the same weight, you can go from one to the other without problem.

On the McLaren Steering Wheel, you have more option and extra function than the BMW steering wheel does not offer.
    You will also have, 2 different type of immersion with the McLaren Steering Wheel, in addition to your original P1 steering wheel.

The difference in price, between the BMW steering wheel and McLaren can allow you to invest in another item, which could make you happy to complete your installation.
    Or offer, a bouquet of flower your sweetheart, to facilitate the negotiation.

Beware, the BMW steering wheel remains an excellent buy. The ideal would be to own at the same time, the BMW steering wheel and the McLaren steering wheel.

I understand your question, like what is the best product, between the BMW steering wheel and the McLaren steering wheel as an interesting addition to my P1 steering wheel.

Hope this will help you in your choice.
  • Thanks for your opinion sylvain. Do you own the bmw rim? Are you losing allot of ffb feeling because of the weight?
  • Thanks for your opinion sylvain. Do you own the bmw rim? Are you losing allot of ffb feeling because of the weight?
    I Own 918 Porsche, Forza Rim w/Hub, F1 Black & McVlaren rim with QR and i dont find that i lose any FFB Feel due to weight differences.... The F1 Black rim the FFB Feels Stronger only because its a Smaller Rim so you have less leverage against FFB forces.... I can Feel the McClaren Rim is Lighter and turns quicker but that may be only Because im used to racing with the Forza rim w/Hub 33cm VS McClaren Rim 30cm <--- that small size difference has a impact when you already have a feel and Muscle memory driving you favorite car ---> i notice im not as smooth in the corners and scrub the tires more.... If your getting a Rim Go with the McClaren w/QR you wont be sorry... It has the best shifter feel of all the Rims and more usable buttons the toggle switches are Nice for ABS/ TCS on Off and any other buttons you dont Normally use alot but still like to have them accessable at the flip of a switch EX: random weather and it rains Mid Race i just flip TCS/ABS on and Go!!!
  • Thanks lorrel, i think i have made my choise. Iam going for the mclaren gt3 wheel.
  • edited May 2018
    Thanks for your opinion sylvain. Do you own the bmw rim? Are you losing allot of ffb feeling because of the weight?
    Yes I own the BMW steering wheel too.
    No, there is no loss of FFB because of the weight. The 2 are very well at the sensation level. They just ask for very different settings.
    In combination with the original P1 steering wheel, the McLaren steering wheel will not ask you for different settings and you will have 2 different types of steering wheel with options like double clutch plus, analog handbrake and additional possibilities for assignment of buttons.
    The BMW wheel will be more, a double uses.
  • Here you go, all, I've done a review plus video review of this sweet baby:

• And the bit he missed out of the review between the Formula rim and the Mclaren, was the lack of vibration motors in it..
  • edited June 2018
    Can someone confirm the next release date for the Mclaren rim?? it's abit confusing seeings the date has changed again..if you make a pre-order now when will it be sent out?
  • Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited June 2018
    Of course let's not forget Barry's review, he's da man.

• edited June 2018
    Have to say the plastic where the hub mounts for me they should of made a thin metal plate to drop on first, in fact anyone with the skills could quite easily do that, but I guess it depends on the bolt length, apart from that its not a bad rim just a low end one.
  • Hoping that Fanatec will ship the GT3 wheel out to me from the 8th as it was first stated when pre orders were asked. Now moved to 21st...so maybe Fanatec will compensate those who pre ordered for the 8th release with a shinny quick release would be great. Looking forward to recieving the wheel as and when it is despatched. Will be a great addition to my setup
  • edited June 2018
    Oh look the pre-order date has changed again, it started off on the 6th, then went to the 21st, then back to the 8th, now it's returned to the 21st again.. :P Would it not be easier to say 'at some point..'