The time has come...

Comments

• Thomas lohnt es sich eigentlich auf den 13.7. oder auf überschaubar nachfolgende Zeit zwecks PS4-Kompatibilität, auf die DD-Base zu warten oder kann man getrost die CSL Elite PS4 Wheelbase bestellen? Möchte nicht doppelt kaufen. Daher die Frage. Hoffe sehr auf deine Antwort, da ich momentan keine Base mehr besitze und demnächst DRINGEND eine neue Wheelbase bestellen möchte. Vielen Dank im voraus
    I don't think it could be any clearer. The announcement is 7/13. be patient. There isn't going to be any info before then.
    Wusste gar nicht, daß Thomas seinen Namen geändert hat. Bitte unterlasse es auf Fragen der Kunden einzugehen, wenn direkt Thomas angesprochen wird. Danke
    If you only want to talk to Thomas, direct message him. This board supports it.  Maybe he'll whisper in your ear. If not you won't look so foolish, begging for information when you should already know the answer. He's not going to preempt his own product launch leaking deatails on his forum, just because you invoked his first name.
    Nochmal... Barotti DICH hat keiner gefragt. Antworte dann, wenn du gefragt wirst oder explizit kein anderer angesprochen wird. Komischerweise bist immer du der jenige, der bei allen Themen sich in jeden Kommentar einmischt und peinliche Kommentare von sich gibt. Was ist los mit dir ?
  • Thomas lohnt es sich eigentlich auf den 13.7. oder auf überschaubar nachfolgende Zeit zwecks PS4-Kompatibilität, auf die DD-Base zu warten oder kann man getrost die CSL Elite PS4 Wheelbase bestellen? Möchte nicht doppelt kaufen. Daher die Frage. Hoffe sehr auf deine Antwort, da ich momentan keine Base mehr besitze und demnächst DRINGEND eine neue Wheelbase bestellen möchte. Vielen Dank im voraus
    I don't think it could be any clearer. The announcement is 7/13. be patient. There isn't going to be any info before then.
    Wusste gar nicht, daß Thomas seinen Namen geändert hat. Bitte unterlasse es auf Fragen der Kunden einzugehen, wenn direkt Thomas angesprochen wird. Danke
    If you only want to talk to Thomas, direct message him. This board supports it.  Maybe he'll whisper in your ear. If not you won't look so foolish, begging for information when you should already know the answer. He's not going to preempt his own product launch leaking deatails on his forum, just because you invoked his first name.
    Nochmal... Barotti DICH hat keiner gefragt. Antworte dann, wenn du gefragt wirst oder explizit kein anderer angesprochen wird. Komischerweise bist immer du der jenige, der bei allen Themen sich in jeden Kommentar einmischt und peinliche Kommentare von sich gibt. Was ist los mit dir ?
    Mehmet,

1. as per the forum rules (point 1.2) this forum is english only so everyone understand what you write without the need of a translator
    2. Thomas didnt answered anybody here lately regarding the Podium DD Base and he most probably wont answer you either, especially not if you "attack" other forum members. He also NEVER gave any info about PS4 compatibility to hundreds of questions so why should he confirm or deny this (important) info now 3 weeks before official spec reveal?
    3. the teaser video already gave the answer to all of your questions: expect a full reveal of the Podium DD Base at 13.07.2018 - there wont be any news before that date.
    4. to finally answer your question: You can buy the CSL Elite PS4 Base now and IF the Podium will be PS4 compatible you can easily sell the CSL Elite PS4 Base for a very good price so you wont loose much money. If you dont want to take this risk you have to be patient until 13.07.2018.
  • Ich beleidige hier niemanden. Dein Freund bartolli war zuerst frech. Verstehe nicht, was ihr beiden für ein Problem habt. Ihr seid doch gar nicht gefragt. Wenn Thomas nicht antwortet dann eben nicht. Eure Kommentare könnt ihr euch sparen. Einfach ruhig sein wenn ihr nicht gefragt werdet. Oder denkt ihr damit Schleimpunkte zu erhalten?
  • What an excitement for a product that has not yet appeared on the market.

Fanatect is happy with this attention.

In July more details are known and fanatec will, as usual, have long delivery times. I would not be surprised if it is delivered in December.

Fortunately, there are enough alternatives.
  • Huib Tom said:
    What an excitement for a product that has not yet appeared on the market.

Fanatect is happy with this attention.

In July more details are known and fanatec will, as usual, have long delivery times. I would not be surprised if it is delivered in December.

Fortunately, there are enough alternatives.
    Welche Alternative gibt es für die PS4 im DirectDrive Segment? Wäre sehr dankbar für gute Tips.
  • Außer Thrustmaster
  • edited June 2018
    As you did not asked anyone specific I think I may help you this time (as it was my intention last time)?
    There is no PS4 compatible DD on the market as of now - Thrustmaster also does not have any DirectDrive Wheels, not even for the PC.

IF the Podium DD is PS4 compatible that would be the first DD wheel on the market with PS4 compatibility.

I still have to remind you, the forum is english only as per the forum rules so please ask your questions in english like everyone else, even if you are a non-native english speaker please.

Here is a link to the forum rules:

• edited June 2018
    As you did not asked anyone specific I think I may help you this time (as it was my intention last time)?
    There is no PS4 compatible DD on the market as of now - Thrustmaster also does not have any DirectDrive Wheels, not even for the PC.

IF the Podium DD is PS4 compatible that would be the first DD wheel on the market with PS4 compatibility.

I still have to remind you, the forum is english only as per the forum rules so please ask your questions in english like everyone else, even if you are a non-native english speaker please.

Ist das neue T-GT von Thrustmaster nicht ein DirektDrive ? Aber du warst nicht gemeint mit der Frage auf Alternativen. Die Sprachausswahl lässt sich unten auf dieser Seite wählen. Dies wurde ja nicht umsonst zur Verfügung gestellt. Trotzdem danke...
  • Wow... this thread dropped off quickly. :(
  • As you did not asked anyone specific I think I may help you this time (as it was my intention last time)?

Ist das neue T-GT von Thrustmaster nicht ein DirektDrive ? Aber du warst nicht gemeint mit der Frage auf Alternativen. Die Sprachausswahl lässt sich unten auf dieser Seite wählen. Dies wurde ja nicht umsonst zur Verfügung gestellt. Trotzdem danke...
    The language setting at the bottom of the page is for the button texts, you still have to write your comments in English.

And no, the T-GT uses the same motor as the TS-PC Racer and that is no DirectDrive Wheel at all, just a belt drive wheel as all other Thrustmaster wheels.
  • Patrick GriesPatrick Gries Member
    edited June 2018

If you don't like people replying to your questions, just because you have directed the questions to Thomas, then please contact him directly and don't post on the public board where everyone is free to reply whether you like it or not.
    Also, the forum language IS English, not German.
  • I was in contact with a well known rig manufacturer today. We were discussing wheel mounts and the Podium base. He told me that it was bottom mounted, and not to buy the front mount. He didn't say that the Podium base was not front mountable, but his front mount option is more expensive. So that tells me that it is only bottom mountable.
    It is more that with the front mount you are basically making use of the 4 bolts in front of the wheel base. Like where you mount the Fanatec static shifters to or maybe some dashboard style button boxes. The issue is that these are M6 screws which are not that big. In case of front mounting that podium base those screws would need to deal with the weight of the base hanging off of them, plus also the torsional stress due to the motors FFB power and you holding onto the steering wheel for dear life. On the other hand, with a bottom mount the podium base could simply rest on top of the plate, after which 3 M6 screws only need to prevent it from rotating by holding it onto the plate it is already resting on. Thus it is a lot less stress on those tiny screws. I understand this and yet I too love the front mounted solution. Or the solution which Fanatec had at Sim Expo last year by side mounting it.
    I think you underestimate how strong 4 M6 bolts are :)
    Maybe... in essence with a DD wheel it becomes a tug of war between you and those bolts. Which of you will break first trying to keep the wheel still. :p
  • Manuel RinconManuel Rincon Member
    edited June 2018
    Thomas of Fanatec, can you say if the new Podium Direct Drive will have a big horn button in the middle of the wheel?
  • A horn and an airbag (replacable)....the art of immersion

• Joel BarsottiJoel Barsotti Member
    edited June 2018
    A horn and an airbag (replacable)....the art of immersion

Ohhhhh I hope the airbag is hooked up so if we crash it goes off. But it should be disabled for race cars since they don't have this airbags. AND it better work in GT Sport.
  • A horn and an airbag (replacable)....the art of immersion

I don't need an airbag, but a hatch that might pop open and shows a message when it goes off in much a way like cartoon guns have a flag that says "POW!". It would be very much in line with the message printed on Fanatec their product packaging.

Maybe a message like "You're FUBAR!" or something would be appropriate. :p
  • Manuel RinconManuel Rincon Member
    edited June 2018

• Great one for me please 
  • Here I was wondering... are we there yet?

I am so hoping for immediate shipping. :p

I've already been thinking. After the order is picked up by UPS in Hamburg and send to the local depot it takes 3 hours 10 minutes, than it needs to be sorted, have a 30 minute drive to my home. Than they need to do their actual route.

In short... I'm hoping on a next day delivery. An advantage I have always had. The idea is making me excited. :)

But... we're not there yet, are we?

• .............lets just stare at this together................  
  • imageMy diy plywood rig with fully adjustable pedal box, CSL Elite wheel, V3 pedals, Heusinkveld shifter and Corbeau Clubsport seat. Awaiting release of Podium dd wheel before deciding on wheel upgrade.
  • imageMy diy plywood rig with fully adjustable pedal box, CSL Elite wheel, V3 pedals, Heusinkveld shifter and Corbeau Clubsport seat. Awaiting release of Podium dd wheel before deciding on wheel upgrade.
    Nice job on this build.

• .............lets just stare at this together................  
    Hold on, let me grab my matches to keep my eyelids open.

I've already been thinking. After the order is picked up by UPS in Hamburg and send to the local depot it takes 3 hours 10 minutes, than it needs to be sorted, have a 30 minute drive to my home. Than they need to do their actual route.

In short... I'm hoping on a next day delivery. An advantage I have always had. The idea is making me excited. :)

pretty optimistic ;-) I wish you were right but my guess is a delivery in the 4th quarter.
    Take the McLaren Gt3 timeline as a reference for information and shipping.  
  • Markus Schnoor said: pretty optimistic ;-) I wish you were right but my guess is a delivery in the 4th quarter. 
    I so hope you are totally wrong, but I fear the worst...it is really taking too long now. 
    Remember the Podium series were announced to come at the end of 2017...

pretty optimistic ;-) I wish you were right but my guess is a delivery in the 4th quarter.
    We'll see. In the mean time, let me take this opportunity to congratulate everyone at Fanatec with becoming the official Formula 1 partner and sponsor of the official F1 eSports series. Cracking job, and I am glad I was a wee little part of it by being a beta tester for the first Clubsport Wheels. I can't wait to see Fanatec everywhere from here on out!
  • Agree with you Christiaan. Great news for Thomas & team and us. 

• Just realized 7/13 is a Friday, guess you’re not superstitious. Well I doubt this is an actual launch date anyway,
  • So we still don't know whats it gonna be. A actual releasedate? The date for the releasedate? Nothing, just a joke? damn...
  • Willy WELSWilly WELS Member
    edited July 2018
    Not interested in the game, but I just read a new article where Codies F1 2018 'revealed' the supported peripherals. 
    The Bodnar Sim Steering is on it, as are all Fanatec wheel sets, but NOT the Podium series...

Strange....

Or maybe:
    - the Codemasters guys are sworn to secrecy ? 
    - they are not aware of the Podium series (or just forgot to mention them) ? 
    - they are already aware that the Podium series are not going to be available "soon", hence left them out of the list... ?