Podium DD1 Auction dates UPDDATE 1 *IMPORTANT*

Comments

• I show it is on the third unit now. I am confused. Has anyone had the auction refresh on its own by starting a new auction?
  • This was supposed to be fun, it was not. It was not a pleasant experience for anyone looking forward to a DD1 Podium. 

Fanatec might have seen this as a great way to promote their new wheel base, but personally for me it was a terrible experience. I think I won an auction, but I can't find anyone to talk to about it and I didn't exactly agree on the price. I was hopelessly bidding and won, I think I bid over myself twice since each auction closed within second and didn't leave the minute delay between bids. 

Would appreciate if someone at Fanatec reached out to me or dm'ed me on reddit aznshrek88
  • I show it is on the third unit now. I am confused. Has anyone had the auction refresh on its own by starting a new auction?
    Yes
  • And the instructions in the e-mail seemed so clear LOL
  • Cory ClarkCory Clark Member
    edited November 2018
    It's a catch 22. If you can only bid once per auction no one will bid and this is why we have people bidding 100 times. Should have been pre-selected prices that if you land on it you win. End of story.

How so? I have had 3 or 4 successful bids in a single auction. Are you sure you're not confused with people saying once you win one auction you cannot bid anymore?
  • Also looking at all the comments above and on reddit I don't think my experience was unique
  • edited November 2018
    How does this make sense. This happened the first time they ran the auctions. Bids going over $1001 and I had $971 i believe annd got beat. LOL
  • This was supposed to be fun, it was not. It was not a pleasant experience for anyone looking forward to a DD1 Podium. 

Fanatec might have seen this as a great way to promote their new wheel base, but personally for me it was a terrible experience. I think I won an auction, but I can't find anyone to talk to about it and I didn't exactly agree on the price. I was hopelessly bidding and won, I think I bid over myself twice since each auction closed within second and didn't leave the minute delay between bids. 

Would appreciate if someone at Fanatec reached out to me or dm'ed me on reddit aznshrek88

I noticed on unit 8 I had a winning bid but it registered 2 bids when I only clicked it once. Luckily I can keep going.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Cory said:
    It's a catch 22. If you can only bid once per auction no one will bid and this is why we have people bidding 100 times. Should have been pre-selected prices that if you land on it you win. End of story.

How so? I have had 3 or 4 successful bids in a single auction. Are you sure you're not confused with people saying once you win one auction you cannot bid anymore?
    No I meant that is what's causing the rapid bidding resulting in prices landing over retail. Everyone hitting "place bid"   multiple times 
  • Maybe this is like some kind of physc experiment to see how long people will stick around?  Longest waiting to big actually gets a deal once everyone else quits?
  • Havent clicked the bid button once since I knew something like this would happen.  Have to weed out the auction griefers and ppl who don't know how an auction is won, then you can have a chance at a decent deal.
  • Stop bidding when it reach 970

• Seeems like there is ppl just trolling look at the bid history i see one person buid like 7 times in a row.
    Seeems like there is ppl just trolling look at the bid history i see one person buid like 7 times in a row.
    plenty of those
  • Cory ClarkCory Clark Member
    edited November 2018
    Cory said:

No I meant that is what's causing the rapid bidding resulting in prices landing over retail. Everyone hitting "place bid"   multiple times 

Gotcha, I understand. My mistake.

I need it cheap so I can buy the McLaren wheel at the same time. Then I will be happy and go about my week excited.
  • Seeems like there is ppl just trolling look at the bid history i see one person buid like 7 times in a row.
    plenty of those
    This may be the biggest problem, no repercussions for driving an auction way over the MSRP. No entrance fee, bid is not binding.
  • looks like they put the server out of it's misery without fulfilling their 30 units under $970 commitment.

I saw 5 units sold... then 13. But every time it only indicated that bid closed or timer that wasn't moving. Then I get the dreaded message saying site unavailable and won't load. I couldn't bid even if I wanted to... not a lot of fun. Again.
    last auction same person bid over 30 times !
  • last auction same person bid over 30 times !

1 bid per person every 10 seconds or 30 would take care of this excessive bidding.
  • edited November 2018
    Lol
    I won unit 12 of round 2. For 971.
    Just received the confirmation email...

<< Congratulations! You are the winning bidder for the Podium Wheel Base DD1Your winning bid was: $ 1001.00. >>

Yeah right
  • That person that drives a bit over MSRP runs the risk of "winning" that invalid auction and cannot bid again for the rest of the auction.  Same with that person bidding over 30 times.

Again, patience, they will get weeded out.
  • I try to bid but I bid on 210 then suddenly goes to 480 and then gets stuck on that price, then I never see the next item number try to reload and gets forever to load and same thing over and over....... :(
    That person that drives a bit over MSRP runs the risk of "winning" that invalid auction and cannot bid again for the rest of the auction.  Same with that person bidding over 30 times.

Again, patience, they will get weeded out.
    I like where your heads at Fred. Need some caffeine to stay up though hahaha
  • I ended up winning one at 1,060. However, you can still bid as the auction count hit 50 and started over again with a new batch.
  • I'm not entirely sure all the multiple bidding is on purpose. I see "place bid" on Unit 15 at $831. I might hit that button... nothing happens... so hit it a few more times. Some people may have done that in the hope of getting one of their bids in, not realizing that there are technical issues underneath. (I won't as I think the auction is completely broken and overloaded, so therefore simply not working the way it should). Most unfortunate. 
  • Lol
    I won unit 12 of round 2. For 971.
    Just received the confirmation email...

<< Congratulations! You are the winning bidder for the Podium Wheel Base DD1Your winning bid was: $ 1001.00. >>

Yeah right

That include the price of shipping?
  • Anyone else getting spammed? I haven’t bid for 5 auctions now and keep getting emails stating I lost. Also, price doesn’t include shipping.
  • Anyone else getting spammed? I haven’t bid for 5 auctions now and keep getting emails stating I lost. Also, price doesn’t include shipping.
    I haven't got loads like I was getting where I could get one bid in. Now I am waiting for the auction to slow up a bit and maybe doing one or two at a good price. Seen one person bid on 3 auctions after he already won.
  • Bidder 3****7 is damn fast! =)
    This could be a very long night since it is unlimited at $970+ Many are still ending above that.