Podium DD1 Auction dates UPDDATE 1 *IMPORTANT*

Comments

• I just won I believe auction #45 for $951, got a confirmation email quoting $1001.

:/
  • Wenchuan QiWenchuan Qi Member
    edited November 2018
    I can confirm that there is an issue related with this which is under investigation 
    but we can assure you that you only have to pay the actual auction result.
    Thanks, Thomas, I have updated my previous post, the actual price to be paid is correct. Any update on podium wheels or new pedals?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    I just won I believe auction #45 for $951, got a confirmation email quoting $1001.

We are looking into the automated emails issue. We will check the logs at the end of the session and ensure that winners are being assigned the correct values.
  • edited November 2018

That's sad because many people who were disqualified will certainly be angry as most of them certainly were just trying their best to place a single bid at reasonable a price. But they just couldn't do it.
    Meh, looks like when it's working people settle into a $50-60 off window of what they are willing to pay.  No real deals to be had, nobody who wanted to bid $300 was ever going to win anything.
    By reasonable bid I meant "not over retail price". I knew from the beginning the auctions would not go that far below retail price, the australian test resulted in 10% below retail price for best auction (which is still good rebate to take. But thinking you would be able to get a unit at something like $600 or even $800 was not reasonable).
  • Correct me if I am wrong, Thomas, there are 8 under the cutoff price still, right?
  • How many of the 30 units are left for this last batch? I think I counted 19 sold in batch 2 for less than $970. Plus the 2 for batch 1. So 9 left? Is that right?
    Correct, 8 left.
  • Thus if anyone bid 971$ he nullified the unit and it will be auctioned again, right?
  • I just won I believe auction #45 for $951, got a confirmation email quoting $1001.

We are looking into the automated emails issue. We will check the logs at the end of the session and ensure that winners are being assigned the correct values.
    Just in case a cataclysm was happening with your logs, I have recorded to whole auction sessions (still recording now), so you could still have that as a "last ermergency backup" ^^

Still doing the EU auctions tomorrow as planned ?
    Thus if anyone bid 971$ he nullified the unit and it will be auctioned again, right?
    No, units above $970 but below MSRP are valid, as stated in the auction notes.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Thus if anyone bid 971$ he nullified the unit and it will be auctioned again, right?
    No. This is a valid auction result. You are one of the lucky guys to get a discount on the DD1. Congratulation!
  • Thus if anyone bid 971$ he nullified the unit and it will be auctioned again, right?

No, Values over $970 but up to $991 (or maybe $1001) are legit prices.
    Values over $1001 will be void.
    If the remaining auctions go for $960 or less then the auction process is completely over.
  • Fred LocklearFred Locklear Member
    edited November 2018
    GO TO SLEEP EVERYONE!
     so I can get my cheap DD1
    Only 2 more units below 970 and the session is over!
  • GO TO SLEEP EVERYONE!
     so I can get my cheap DD1
    HA! You first!
  • Whew, Got mine at 941, the going rate it seems for the majority of the lower price ones. Now to add the McLaren wheel to the order and hope they come at the same time.

Thanks for the Auction Thomas and the whole Fanatec team!
  • Thanks for the fun Thomas even though I didn't really bid on anything.  If anyone decides to cancel their auction, I will pay up to $197.50 for a DD1 :).

Now get cracking at those Black Friday deals. You had some smoking deals last year that I picked up a Mclaren Wheel, CSL Elite and the V3i Pedals.  I don't really need anything but post some good deals to at least tempt me some!
  • The third auction seems to have ended after 9 units. The first two had 50, so 50 + 50 + 9 = 109 units. 
  • You are one of the lucky guys to get a discount on the DD1. Congratulation!
    Unfortunately not yet, but hope to read it tomorrow during Europe auction ;-)
  • Seemed like the lowest price (on average) was $941. I participated in almost every one of the 109 auctions, and that was always more than I could afford. It's pretty disappointing. I'll have to wait for a few years until people start selling them used, or wait until Fanatec has a big sale. Until then, I'll be using the Logitech wheel I hate. Wat jammer / Wat lastig / Que lastima.
    OVER!

Thank you everybody for participating! After a little hectic start it went smoothly and there were 60 lucky winners who paid less than the pre-order price.

I amde an update to my blog post with some recommendations for the European bidders. Please read them carefully so you will not be dissapointed.

All users which have questions or requests, please contact our sales department.
    Seemed like the lowest price (on average) was $941. I participated in almost every one of the 109 auctions, and that was always more than I could afford. It's pretty disappointing. I'll have to wait for a few years until people start selling them used, or wait until Fanatec has a big sale. Until then, I'll be using the Logitech wheel I hate. Wat jammer / Wat lastig / Que lastima.
    I suggest that you start with a CSL Elite Wheel Base as this is already a huge upgrade to what you have ;)
  • If you win an auction and cancel the pre-order you made, you will lose your delivery slot
    Are these slots known at this time? Is there a way for me to check what the delivery slot is for my preordered unit? Are we talking about weeks or months :)
  • Chad Jock said:
    I can already see this year's Black Friday sale being another $h!t show!

what happened last Black Friday, did they make a complete hash out of it?
  • Chad Jock said:

Last Black Friday there were quite good deals:

I bought CSL Elite Wheel Starter Pack for Xbox and PC for 299.95 euro.
  • I won one of these DD1 wheels. The last 4 bids in order showed that I bid, even though I didn't click it more than once somehow it registered more. It went from $951 to 981 and I got an email that I won at $981. 

How does that work? Shouldn't I win the lowest of the 4 bids it supposedly registered that I made?
  • !

Chad Jock said:

Think i'm gonna scrap off the idea of waiting for information on the PS4 DD wheel/base and just go for black friday deals. Looking to pick up CSL elite base for PS4, BMW GT2 wheel, V3 inverted pedals, Shifter and brake pedal performance kit. Can't wait till my rig setup goes together
  • !

Chad Jock said:

Think i'm gonna scrap off the idea of waiting for information on the PS4 DD wheel/base and just go for black friday deals. Looking to pick up CSL elite base for PS4, BMW GT2 wheel, V3 inverted pedals, Shifter and brake pedal performance kit. Can't wait till my rig setup goes together
    In my opinion the BMW GT2 wheel is too heavy for the CSL Elite base.
  • I'm glad to see that the auction worked for some people. I'm not sure my bid even ended up registering. Congrats to those lucky ones that were successful. It sure looks like there's lots of demand at least and that's good news for Fanatec. Keep those awesome products coming!  Maybe I'll score some upgrades during Black Friday!!
  • Chad Jock said:

There are some GREAT deals every Black Friday, their servers can't seem to handle the demand. I picked up the V3i pedals and a shifter heavily discounted, it just took a long time to get the order processed. I was one of the lucky ones who got an in-stock unit and it shipped quickly but others had to wait. In the end, I believe Fanatec made things right for everyone, just a little hectic.

They also did an advent calendar where they auctioned off one item per day until Christmas. There were some good deals to be had then too.