Black Friday 2018

1234568»

Comments

• I have the latest firmware for the McLaren wheel. v311....the firmware for the f1 le has v324 and if you look at the product page it says it's not compatible to the McLaren rim...so my question is which firmware should I be using and has anyone got both working ?
  • I have the latest firmware for the McLaren wheel. v311....the firmware for the f1 le has v324 and if you look at the product page it says it's not compatible to the McLaren rim...so my question is which firmware should I be using and has anyone got both working ?
    You mixed up drivers and firmwares. You mean driver 311 and driver 324.
    Just install the latest driver 324 and update your wheel base firmware WITHOUT the F1 rim attached. 

Some McLaren rims work, some dont. I have two McLaren rims and both are working fine with driver 324 and the newest firmware of my wheel base. Fanatec is working on a new driver which will definetely work with both rims.
  • Ok thanks...worked out great.. both rims work
  • Has anyone in AU got their F1 2018 LE wheel yet? They were marked with estimated shipping 15th Jan, but mine still isn't marked as shipped yet.
  • Brad Coe said:
    Has anyone in AU got their F1 2018 LE wheel yet? They were marked with estimated shipping 15th Jan, but mine still isn't marked as shipped yet.
    No one in Oz will have them yet, I contacted support yesterday and they said they were held up at customs and they did not know how long it would take to get through.
  • Thanks for the info Paul. I won't hold my breath then :-(
  • edited January 18
    Brad Coe said:
    Thanks for the info Paul. I won't hold my breath then :-(
    No worries Brad, wish it was good news though
  • Actually it may not be too bad hopefully thinking about things.... I ordered a CSW V2.5 that was in stock a bit over 2 weeks ago and it took 1.5 weeks before AusPost had the item on its way to me (2 weeks before I got it). I suspect that this may have been because they were holding it to send with the wheel which they were expecting to arrive any day before they found out it was held up in customs. If that is the case, they have probably been in customs for 2 weeks already and hopefully at the back end of their time there. Hopefully fanatec AU will be efficient and ship them straight away when receiving them as I'd really like to have it for some upcoming league races.
  • Well they did ship much earlier than expected in Europe and the US so that it a possible. I did contact their support backvwtvthd end of December i think it was to ask if we would get them early too and they said no.
  • Is the black Friday sales the best/only option for trying to pick up a good deal? I wasn't sure if there would be a Spring sale around?

I'm in that age old toss up between the T300 RS and the CSL Elite. With the CSL I'm thinking about the PS4 CSL Elite with PS4 wheel, CSL Elite Pedals with LC and possibly the shifter (Not sure between that or saving some cash and just going with the TH8A). With all of that in the basket I'm not seeing much change from €1k ($1300).

I would rather make a decision sooner rather than later but if Black Friday is the only option then I think I would rather stick with my old Logitech GT until the better offers are around.

Kind Regards

Scott
  • I just really hope the CSL Elite F1 set will be one of the deals this year as well.
  • I hope for a Podium DD PS4 without a wheel. Tried to find someone interested in that Podium F1 wheel but no luck.
    So I'm waiting until they sell it without a wheel, no need to pay 400 extra just to leave it in the box.
  • Buy a Podium DD1 and you will walk on your PS4 with DriveHub Collective Minds, simply !
  • Why use a hack when you can use the real thing?