Advent Calendar 2018

Comments

• So you have to search each product page to find the code, correct???

Yes William

Thank you Robbert

• And where can i find the calendar?
  • Oh i understand the tactic. If you want the shifter then everyday check it at 19:00 if the code is here. If it appears then you need just lot of luck
  • Anybody found 2.12. code in Australia?
  • Oh i understand the tactic. If you want the shifter then everyday check it at 19:00 if the code is here. If it appears then you need just lot of luck
    Indeed. In theory you have a much better chance waiting patiently for something that you actually want instead of searching the entire site for a code just to get something for free.

Between now and Christmas there will no doubt be a lot of people whining about how they feel cheated etc etc, but I myself think this is a pretty good setup/idea from the folks at Fanatec.
  • edited December 2018
    sometimes take time to read some of the comments ...
    Why always complain about everything fanatec do ?... what have to do fanatec ?.. it's a company , have a business... it's not an onlus...
    on everything...
    Auction, prices, models, limited or not, availability...even colors :| ... connections... clicks... servers... black friday...
    even this event is not good ?.

it's simple how it works..

add your favorite product to your shopping cart... log on at 18:40 ... go to the page of your "added item on the shopping cart" ..
    refresh the page .. look for the code... it's on top of the page.

• @Brandon ;
    35000$ / 24 days / 4 regions = 370$ worth of stock per day, per region. So if one day it's table clamp, the next day it can be something of much greater value :)

Seems forgetting about the codes they're giving away to the winners. So proper calculation is divided by two:
    35000$ / 24 days / 4 regions / 2 = 182$ worth of stock per day, per region.
  • Well, that was a little disappointing to say the least.

If anyone is wondering, the clubsport handbrake was the selected product.
  • That seemed to be a fight against downtime, I wonder at what time the handbrake was purchased, as I didn't get a successful page load until 4 minutes past or so.
  • Error 500 several times. Pity, one of my desired item was the handbrake.
  • Yes, if they don't want this to be a joke something needs to be done with the servers
  • Site is down for 4 minutes -_-
  • I think it was the Clubsport Handbrake for EU today, it randomly says in the middle of the page "Sorry, the daily code has been used already".
  • I got the handbrake into my basket at $0 but by the time I went to pay it was back to full price :(
  • I also managed to apply the code successfully, but when wanted to delete another product in my basket, it was then gone...
  • I got the handbrake into my basket at $0 but by the time I went to pay it was back to full price :(
    unlucky

I had the same thing! ????????
  • edited December 2018
    Yeah, they should def do smth with servers, 5 mins of downtime for me( Also, is it possible to get the code for bundles also, or just separate products?

• Hi Fanatec,

I found the code today on EU site, applied it and get the info that my code was applied successfully, but when I tired to pay for shipping you've also tried to charge me for a product. So how exactly does this work?
  • The system does not work. Error 500 for 6 minutes how can I even have a chance to win a product,any product if i can't load the page after refreshing  (at 19:00 as advised), for 6 minutes. There is a huge problem with servers,they obviously can't take the load.
  • May I ask how long the code is valid once it was entered in the discount box? I had the code and it reduced the price but by the time I completed all 6 steps of the order with address, payment type etc it said it was already used. As the traffic was quite high it took pretty long to complete those 6 steps.

Just wondering if the code once entered is "blocked" for others for a minute or something and if the order isn't completed for that time it will be made available again or can everybody use the code and it is not getting blocked at all until the first one finishes the complete 6 step order process? Thanks in advance
  • edited December 2018
    I like this concept but as other noticed, page was unavailable most of the time (though I managed to apply discount code but was "denied" during confirmation).
    Since this kind of advent discount is better suited to those who actually want to pull the trigger with purchase, perhaps instead of awarding those 10% discount code to the winner only, award one 10% discount code to those who filled confirmation code but were unlucky to get 100% one? Or provide free shipment for those who didn't win?
    Of course not in this advent, maybe next year or sth. Something to actually encourage the purchase.
  • edited December 2018
    Errors 500 and 502 till 19:03...  :-/
  • Thank you Fanatec for the Handbrake :)

If someone wants 10% off (for the Handbrake only), just sent me a message.
  • I will share the discount codes. Got the handbrake today :).
  • edited December 2018
    Markus Keller and Kevin Rietveld,
    My congratulations!  =D>  :-bd
  • Too bad they can't seem to get servers succesfully manage the load of all the connections. Anyway this advent calendar with the hunt for the code is much better than last year auctions! Good job then!
  • Here's the thing, we complain about server load every year...but then we also spread the word about these deals, auctions, etc and even explain what's the best way to win to people want the same free deal we want...but there can be only one (queue "princes of the universe")...and then we get upset that the servers get more and more flooded after each passing day? 

I don't understand you guys...yes Fanatec could upgrade their servers, but we've seen that hasn't been working out so far, so stop doing others a favor by helping them to win the same prize you want. You're shooting all of us in the proverbial leg with the extra internet traffic :-\
  • Plus, Europe is Fanatec's biggest market so I'm not surprised the server issues have affected y'all first.
  • edited December 2018