Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• I think that somebody was sleeping at Fanatec and provided us all the same vouchercode hahaha lol.

There will be a solution for this. 

I bet with a extra voucher for this problem with the voucher hahaha lol

Just kidding, Many thanks Fanatec for this voucher! I hope it works soon.

See you on track!

HalewijnV
  • Probably the same IT person who shared 400+ emails. Hoping they were demoted to making the teas by now..lol.
  • I don’t think the codes will be fixed till Monday now.
  • fingers crossed they get the code working today
    think i must have tried it like 100 times now :) great way to spend my weekend  hehe

• Code still dont work for me
  • I wonder if this voucher can bridge 2 orders. I am considering a McLaren rim and paddle module, but if I combine them I’m afraid the rim would be held up until the module comes out.
  • I wonder if this voucher can bridge 2 orders. I am considering a McLaren rim and paddle module, but if I combine them I’m afraid the rim would be held up until the module comes out.
    Thats the catch yes. The voucher can be applied to one order. Standard Fanatec policy is that if one part of your order is not in stock, then they will send the whole order when it is complete (when all parts of the order are available). You would then have to wait for the paddle module to be available before you received the McLaren rim. This is how I understand it anyway, I could be wrong.
  • edited December 2018
    from another forum   from Dom

Dom , it would have been nice if you updated the fanatec forum first with this news i think a few people have been waiting for 24h plus for this update or maybe its on this forum in a diffrent post :?

I'm sorry that you're not able to use the code at the moment PzR Slim. We are aware of the issue, and it is being addressed. To be clear: the voucher code is unique to each region, and is assigned to specific webshop accounts. It is NOT a generic code for anyone to use. It has already been assigned to the accounts of those who paid for pre-orders before our delay announcement.
  • edited December 2018
    I tryed to use My Code to Order 2 of the Magnetic Podium Shifter sets... The Cide Did Not wirk for Me either...The Transaction still went through without the Voucher being applied... What ever the Case I Emailed Fanatec and Im sure that Fanatec will Either Refund the Correct $$$ to My Pay Pal Acct or Issue Me another working Voucher and I will Cancel the existing order and Place a New order with the New Voucher... No Big Deal I'm sure those of us who Pre Paid will be Compensated with a New Voucher Code.
  • Request to Fanatec...

Could we please start a new discussion thread about mountings options for the Podium Wheel Bases?

I'd love to get some some information on the possible ways the base can be mounted so I can start planning accordingly. It would also be very helpful if we could be informed of the unit's dimensions. All I been able to find so far is the shipping box dimensions.

I'm going to be mounting my DD1 on a Human Racing GT Chassis...

... but I want to be sure the actual wheel deck can handle the weight and power of the DD1, or know if I need to reinforce it for it to cope.

Will Fanatec be offering any new mounting products for use with the Podiums series bases, like these?

• Request to Fanatec...

Could we please start a new discussion thread about mountings options for the Podium Wheel Bases?

I'd love to get some some information on the possible ways the base can be mounted so I can start planning accordingly. It would also be very helpful if we could be informed of the unit's dimensions. All I been able to find so far is the shipping box dimensions.

I'm going to be mounting my DD1 on a Human Racing GT Chassis...

... but I want to be sure the actual wheel deck can handle the weight and power of the DD1, or know if I need to reinforce it for it to cope.

Will Fanatec be offering any new mounting products for use with the Podiums series bases, like these?

I would not be putting a direct drive base on that base plate, the way it sticks out and is attached i would have thought it would vibrate and flex like mad but I could be wrong, fanatec have already mentioned they will release brackets like that.
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited December 2018
    ^^^^^  Discussion like this is precisely why I would like more info from Fanatec on the subject of Podium wheel base mounting – and a separate forum thread to do it on.
  • ^^^^^  Discussion like this is precisely why I would like more info from Fanatec on the subject of Podium wheel base mounting – and a separate forum thread to do it on.
    Yes I agree, nice clean futuristic looking rig that of yours
  • Let's not get off topic here fellas. This thread is for people to moan about the DD delay and worry about the voucher codes not working.
  • Neil FarrenNeil Farren Member
    edited December 2018
    Request to Fanatec...

You can find drilling templates in the downloads section. https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/podium-wheel-base-dd1-eu-1.html
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited December 2018
    ^ Thanks Neil. I've already got my wheel deck drillled for the standard Fanatec mount points as I currently use a CSR Elite.

What I'm really after is info an any new mounting products that Fanatec may be bringing out for the Podium wheel bases, like those fancy side mount things in some videos from trade sgows... and also more info about the unit's weigh and dimensions.

EDIT: I see that drilling template document has a lot of the dimensions, but not overall length or weight (though I think I've read it's about 11.5kg without a wheel).
  • There is a download floating around somewhere for all the dimensions of the DD wheell bases, I downloaded it, is quite detailed bit can't remember where I got it from
  • I'll have a hunt on the internet and see if I can find it. Thanks Paul.

• EDIT: I see that drilling template document has a lot of the dimensions, but not overall length or weight (though I think I've read it's about 11.5kg without a wheel).
    From what I see, all dimensions can be found in the drilling template A3 or at least enough to calculate the missing data:
    https://www.fanatec.com/download/PodiumWB-DD1-DD2_drilling_templateA3.pdf

So the overall length should be 239mm for the housing and 330 mm including the shaft (239 - 30 + 121)
  • Yes that's the one I found too
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited December 2018

EDIT: I see that drilling template document has a lot of the dimensions, but not overall length or weight (though I think I've read it's about 11.5kg without a wheel).
  • I think all this upset will be forgot about when the wheels arrive and are in people's hands. Every launch fanatec does seems to come with some kind of fiasco. I myself have been burned several times and when I think about it, on paper at least I should not go near them. I bought the csr wheel and pedals years ago and had to have them repaired twice. I also had to replace the shifter 3 times as they kept breaking because of the cheap plastic and design. I preordered the css and it was delayed for 4 month but ended up with the v.1 version. Then when I bought the csl base the ps4 version was announced a month later. When I bough that on day one less than a week later they came up with a better deal including the csl pedals. I felt shafted. To top it off they started selling the csl Base on its own without the wheel. Which I didn't need but had to buy. Moral of the story, always wait and see what happens. Preordered products are for suckers.
  • Fanatec makes great high end sim racing gear that is not only on par with companies selling 1k plus gear, but relatively affordable to the average consumer (especially considering it's for gaming). Fanatec is a company I really want to see in business for years to come so this is why I support them with my pre-order purchases so they can keep bringing us these awsome products. So I'll be the sucker if it keeps their doors open.
    They're the packaging dimensions for shipping I think Hristo, not the dimensions of the unit itself, but the templates do give me enough information. I didn't realise they were available until now.
  • Total width is 15.5cm and length is 33cm
  • Voucher still not working :(
  • Voucher code is working... Happy days.
  • weeeeee voucher is working for me now , all done :)
  • Voucher code not working for me still.
  • My voucher worked but didn't cover the VAT & shipping.