Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• It would be nice to use the voucher before release even if delayed to put the cost into next year. I ordered the Limited Edition rim, so I would like to use the voucher for the paddle upgrade when that becomes available. If someone were to use a voucher and then cancel the DD order couldn't they refund the price minus the voucher value? I can also see how Fanatec wouldn't want to complicate the transaction further, so no big deal. Hopefully the issues with the base can be solved soon, that IS the big deal. Thanks to Thomas for the generous compensation for the delay.
  • That would complicate thing for them Greg. Expect the voucher or rim will be issued when base is ready to ship to stop people cancelling beforehand.
    After all the rim doesn't exist yet and maybe delayed till 2020 for all we know. I will probably accept a voucher of some sort when base is eventually shipped.

btw, as much as I hate fanatec at the moment I do appreciate the free rim compensation.

• My paypal account is saying I'm covered until May 2019.
    Until there, I can enter in a dispute.

But, agree with you, 0.07% of failure is to low to justify losing too much money like they're doing new.
    Upgrading the motor, now a $350 wheel..  I don't believe they're loosing money, but they're loosing a lot of profit.

using the 0.07% against the 4000 pre-order represents only 2.8 bases. So, I believe it's much better than the Base V2.5. 
    Is this a reason for 6 months delay? I can't tell you, but reading/following this topic. I'm really sure they good let us now earlier.

Fanatec is a good company, Yes, at least is what I think about it, since it's the only brand where my stuff come from. 

But the lack of communication, this huge delay, is something Is making me look for a different brand. We had the same delay on the Mclaren GT3(We receive the QR as gift). 

And still would like to have an answer about this:

@Fanatec and @Thomas. Could you give discount to the customers to buy your cheaper Base? At least the BF discounts ?

I need at list the CSL Elite to use my stuff.

Regards
    Just to correct the wrong information I quoted.
    The original message said:
    "but in final testing we discovered a serious issue which affects about 0.7% of the units produced so far"

Giving us 28 units in 4000.

Regards
  • edited December 2018
    That would complicate thing for them Greg. Expect the voucher or rim will be issued when base is ready to ship to stop people cancelling beforehand.
    After all the rim doesn't exist yet and maybe delayed till 2020 for all we know. I will probably accept a voucher of some sort when base is eventually shipped.

btw, as much as I hate fanatec at the moment I do appreciate the free rim compensation.

I don't how some of you guys forget about the easter egg   
    :)) :-@

Ssshhhh..... 52s
  • Thanks for that Hughie. Did you mean Easter egg?  Guess your referring to the rim @0.52? or was that 0.07 or 0.7 whatever..lol.

Hadn't spotted that.  
    Anyway the rim hasn't been made available for sale even if it does exist. I wont hold my breath either way.

• That would complicate thing for them Greg. Expect the voucher or rim will be issued when base is ready to ship to stop people cancelling beforehand.

I don't how some of you guys forget about the easter egg   
    :)) :-@

Ssshhhh..... 52s
    If that is indeed the free rim that we get for waiting 5 months then all is forgiven Fanatec. That is a great looking wheel! But seriously guys just calm down a bit! I’m ok with Fanatec delaying the release if it means a more reliable product, that is the risk you take with a pre-order. This is just a gaming peripheral, not life or death. The data breach is a more serious problem, but they have apologised and I hope they change their procedures accordingly. They have had to report the breach so they will probably be getting a bollocking from the LfDI as well as on here.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited December 2018
    The Rim at 52s is indeed fantastic! Between that, the licenced F1 2018/2019 rims and the DD bases, there will be some incredibly stunning looking simrigs in 2019 when compared to only a few years ago :smile:
  •  Agree the data breech is more serious (to me). More annoyed about that than the base delay. Hope they get what they deserve. These rules are there for a reason. 
    That's why I am no longer having anything to do with Fanatec after my DD1 is delivered. I have never liked the way you have to pay for items before shipping. 
    Now with the sneaky delayed announcement to help benefit the auction sales. This companies policies suck in my opinion.

This makes me sad as well as mad as the products are good but cant cope with the deceit etc anymore.  
  • To be honest, I would rather get my DD2 now than free wheel in May, but things happens... so, I appreciate the gesture, I know it must be economically painful. I wish you a fast solution to the problem. 
  • Interesting, the rim shown at 52 secs....Shhhh.... seems to be based on the old Formula rim design, whereas if you look at the f1 esports and the lim. edit. f1 ClubSport (aswell as the shadowed out PS4 version); the grips at the bottom are cut away from the main body. Pretty sure the Lim Edit. f1 2019 will be identical to the 2018 with a colour change. The one in the video looks like an early prototype where they took a formula carbon and reworked it. 
  • I’m good with waiting for the voucher, I’ll buy the paddle upgrade as soon as it comes out, just have to decide if it goes on my F1 or hub. The 52s rim is cool, but I’d be surprised if we got anything other than a different color for the bf rim. Sweet rims either way, but I’m hoping for something GT flavored in the near future.
  • I think some of you are massively underestimating the profit in the components.... you can buy a brand new car in Germany for 7000 euros.a car.... or 4 podium dd2wheels....... there is scale of sales factors for sure , but at the end of the day their new wheel shoukd have as less parts inside than the old one. Motor, box, electronics....should have bigger margins....
    Right, working in engineering in the automotive sector I can tell you you are so wrong it's not even funny. LESS parts means LESS volume which means INCREASED component cost. Fanatec might make a thousand DD's (maybe more maybe less, very likely LESS) in a year, while the cheap mass produced car is in the hundreds of thousands of units per year, not to mention there is likely many components in the car that are used more than once in a vehicle. The volume for those components is in the millions of units per year, which drives their cost down A LOT. 

Your assumption that the less components you use the cheaper the price should be, does not hold any water whatsoever in ANY manufacturing environment.

Ridiculous statement.
  • edited December 2018
    I was expecting the DD, like of all you, and one friend and I were thinking in prototype a 3D piece to the vertical support of the DD base.

Here It is the result of our first attempt.. I'd love to be betatester to have the opportunity to adjust it anyway...!

• Nice, Be a good for a template for a milled aluminium version. 
  • Lauren Manuel can you share in the future?
  • Just a question, will the "free" F1 2019 wheel have advanced magnetic paddles included by default or it will come with standard paddles?

If not, I would prefer to pay something extra to have it directly with advanced magnetic paddles. Something like pay +100€ for example.

Because I believe most of people who are investing money into DD bases will buy magnetic ones anyway for 180€ and got left with stock spring paddles just sitting somewhere on shelf and never be used.

What do you think?
  • edited December 2018
    Just a question, will the "free" F1 2019 wheel have advanced magnetic paddles included by default or it will come with standard paddles?

If not, I would prefer to pay something extra to have it directly with advanced magnetic paddles. Something like pay +100€ for example.

Because I believe most of people who are investing money into DD bases will buy magnetic ones anyway for 180€ and got left with stock spring paddles just sitting somewhere on shelf and never be used.

What do you think?
    Soo wait a minute, your getting a free rim worth 349 euros, plus you want the shifter module that costs 179 euros, but you want someone to put that module on for you shipped and you want the shifter module for 100 euros too. Well this is an deal awesome what you think Thomas..??? Sorry but I'm doubling up in belly laughs right now, sorry
  • Soo wait a minute, your getting a free rim worth 349 euros, plus you want the shifter module that costs 179 euros, but you want someone to put that module on for you shipped and you want the shifter module for 100 euros too. Well this is an deal awesome what you think Thomas..??? Sorry but I'm doubling up in belly laughs right now, sorry
    Im not saying that it must be 100€. It was just an example number. But why there should not be this option to choose paddles for some extra price?
    They need assemble wheels anyway, so doesnt matter if they put stock or magnetic shifters there. I dont want it for free or have some crazy discount. Just some decent discount for people who will throw standard paddles away first day as it will be delivered.
  • Benjamin KusBenjamin Kus Member
    edited December 2018
    I agree with Ivan. I would rather just buy a slightly more expensive version of a F1 Podium Wheel, with the magnetic podium paddles attached, and save $50 or so overall on not needing the stock paddles, 2nd postage + packaging of the podium paddles.

Either way, I am so excited for 2019 (except I am not fond of the Blue PS4 F1 theme)
  • Lauren Manuel can you share in the future?
    Sure not a problem.
  • Soo wait a minute, your getting a free rim worth 349 euros, plus you want the shifter module that costs 179 euros, but you want someone to put that module on for you shipped and you want the shifter module for 100 euros too. Well this is an deal awesome what you think Thomas..??? Sorry but I'm doubling up in belly laughs right now, sorry
    Im not saying that it must be 100€. It was just an example number. But why there should not be this option to choose paddles for some extra price?
    They need assemble wheels anyway, so doesnt matter if they put stock or magnetic shifters there. I dont want it for free or have some crazy discount. Just some decent discount for people who will throw standard paddles away first day as it will be delivered.
    Well it seems that they are gonna put the module on the Playstation F1 Rim as standard, so you never know ahy  ;)
  • Unless im missing something. These free F1 rims are clubsport rims and will come with clubsport shifters. Podium F1 rims havnt been announced yet (unless you include the new PS4 one). That does have the magnetic shifters as standard as its a podium rim.

We are not getting a free Podium F1 rim. If I have a change of heart and stick with Fanatec I would buy the magnetic shifter add on. Mostly for the 2 extra functions given by the second set of paddles which I would use for DRS and KERS maybe , or even look left/right.
  • I agree with Ivan. I would rather just buy a slightly more expensive version of a F1 Podium Wheel, with the magnetic podium paddles attached, and save $50 or so overall on not needing the stock paddles, 2nd postage + packaging of the podium paddles.

Either way, I am so excited for 2019 (except I am not fond of the Blue PS4 F1 theme)
    I also agree with you, i would rather buy directly a podium steering wheel with magnetic paddles( not F1 for me because i don't like the small wheel (27 cms) ), it would be just perfect if it is possible !
  • edited December 2018
    Lauren Manuel can you share in the future?
    Sure not a problem.
    Thanks!  :)
  • edited December 2018

• I cannot take some of these comments seriously. The voucher offer is far, far beyond what most companies would do in this situation. Many companies would gamble on a possible design flaw and the majority would give you nothing for the additional wait.
  • It would be nice to use the voucher before release even if delayed to put the cost into next year. I ordered the Limited Edition rim, so I would like to use the voucher for the paddle upgrade when that becomes available. If someone were to use a voucher and then cancel the DD order couldn't they refund the price minus the voucher value? I can also see how Fanatec wouldn't want to complicate the transaction further, so no big deal. Hopefully the issues with the base can be solved soon, that IS the big deal. Thanks to Thomas for the generous compensation for the delay.
    Easier than that would be to charge the 350€ voucher to the money that you already have paid for the DD order.

What would happen in that case is that the customers that wished to take advantage of their vouchers beforehand would recieve their DDs with a 350€ disccount eventually, but if they cancelled their order they would end up paying the 350€.
  • 179 € for the ps wheel with magnetic switches, only difference it has a different color ... Sorry feel like a buyer of the limited wheel ripped off!
    Why do you think that the PS wheel costs only 179€? The Podium Paddles Module costs 179€, not the wheel itself.
  • In AUD, the Podium DD1 + F1 LE 2018 wheel + Podium Advanced Paddle Module = $2380
    The PS4 DD wheel is $2500
    So it is not much different that we can order it separately. You pay an extra $120 for the PS4 chip and blue colour.

Now, if you already pre-ordered the DD1 & are receiving the F1 LE 2019 wheel + purchase the Podium Paddles, your only paying $1860 total.

To cancel a preorder of the DD1 and upgrade to the PS4 DD, you are effectively paying $640 for the PS4 compatibility + blue wheel.

I am guessing it is a similar thing in other currencies.

I honestly prefer the Gold LE edition anyway to the Blue PS4 + I am PC only. Interested to find out if the 2019 F1 LE is the red or some other colour??

• edited December 2018
    Hi Thomas and Team,is there,or will it be any other color rather than gold for the Podium Advanced Paddle Module  since the future F1 2019 will be in a different color?. I'm not shure if i should order now or wait for the DD1 + free wheel to come on April/May. 
    Thanks.
    BTW Very god looking PS4 combo for $1.400.