Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Joey Hunt said:
    Delayed as expected, but NO mention of DD1 for PS4.....
    Excuse me !!!! Where do you see on there Product Page they are selling or mention a DD1 for the PS4.
    I do see a Podium Racing Wheel- Officially Licened for the PS4.
    This is a PS4 Steering Wheel for Pre-order ........ not a DD1 Base for PS4.
    Now the world know's Toby Hunt is a MORON.

Using Thomas' words
    Mr Jackermeier what is differends between DD2 and DD PS4?
    The Racing wheel is basically the DD1 +
    • Blue Carbon fiber
    • CluSport Formula V2 steering wheel with P APM 
    • PS4 compatibility (saftey electronics)

As I said, a DD1 for the PS4.  the difference is the PS4 version has a security chip for the PS4 and a Gorgeous wheel attached.......
  • I think some of you are massively underestimating the profit in the components.... you can buy a brand new car in Germany for 7000 euros.a car.... or 4 podium dd2wheels....... there is scale of sales factors for sure , but at the end of the day their new wheel shoukd have as less parts inside than the old one. Motor, box, electronics....should have bigger margins....
    Right, working in engineering in the automotive sector I can tell you you are so wrong it's not even funny. LESS parts means LESS volume which means INCREASED component cost. Fanatec might make a thousand DD's (maybe more maybe less, very likely LESS) in a year, while the cheap mass produced car is in the hundreds of thousands of units per year, not to mention there is likely many components in the car that are used more than once in a vehicle. The volume for those components is in the millions of units per year, which drives their cost down A LOT. 

Your assumption that the less components you use the cheaper the price should be, does not hold any water whatsoever in ANY manufacturing environment.

Ridiculous statement.
    Are you joking?

Its a fact !!! The more complicated a product is, the more components you have to make, the more expensive it is going to be.

Comparing apples with apples - on face value as I said the DD wheels looks far simpler of a design, than the pulley driven, shaft / cog, dual drive belt combo that is the older variant......
  • throw the launch of the ps4 version in with the DD1/DD2 preorder fiasco, various different wheel designs (with and without  paddle modules),....and what do you have

Utter chaos here. Cant help thinking they should have delayed the ps4 announcement by a week or so....lol 

I guess delays are a sore topic though
  • edited December 2018
    179 € für das PS-Rad mit Magnetschaltern, nur Unterschied, es hat eine andere Farbe ... Tut mir leid, als wäre ein Käufer des limitierten Rades abgerissen worden!
    Warum glaubst du, dass das PS-Rad nur 179 € kostet? Das Podium Paddles Modul kostet 179 €, nicht das Rad selbst.

Sorry das war eine Falschinformation ... habe es gelöscht

• Question: can the voucher also be used for a wheel base as well?

My G27 is about to fail completely - I do NOT need another wheel rim which I cannot use meanwhile anyway!
    Therefore I am thinking about buying a CSW 2.5 and use it fo the time being...

Fanatec, is this possible?
    (P.S. I would assume so, because the voucher is about a EURO value, isn´t it? I will NOT cancel my DD2 order anyway!?

My G27 is about to fail completely - I do NOT need another wheel rim which I cannot use meanwhile anyway!

(P.S. I would assume so, because the voucher is about a EURO value, isn´t it? I will NOT cancel my DD2 order anyway!?
    There a lot of people in the same situation as you. However, a allow people to spend their voucher now could make the things more complicated. Personally, I wish they could offer a discount on their wheel base . In this case, fanatec will not loose more money and who needs a base until may can has something to use until the shipping date.
  • edited December 2018
    There a lot of people in the same situation as you. However, a allow people to spend their voucher now could make the things more complicated. Personally, I wish they could offer a discount on their wheel base . In this case, fanatec will not loose more money and who needs a base until may can has something to use until the shipping date.
    Agree. Extending the BF offer of the CSL PS4 wheel base would be enough for me to solve the problem.
    I would be happy of paying other 300€ and keep going.
    Most of us would have done this if I had known the delay, but now it's too late.
  • I think some of you are massively underestimating the profit in the components.... you can buy a brand new car in Germany for 7000 euros.a car.... or 4 podium dd2wheels....... there is scale of sales factors for sure , but at the end of the day their new wheel shoukd have as less parts inside than the old one. Motor, box, electronics....should have bigger margins....
    Right, working in engineering in the automotive sector I can tell you you are so wrong it's not even funny. LESS parts means LESS volume which means INCREASED component cost. Fanatec might make a thousand DD's (maybe more maybe less, very likely LESS) in a year, while the cheap mass produced car is in the hundreds of thousands of units per year, not to mention there is likely many components in the car that are used more than once in a vehicle. The volume for those components is in the millions of units per year, which drives their cost down A LOT. 

Your assumption that the less components you use the cheaper the price should be, does not hold any water whatsoever in ANY manufacturing environment.

Ridiculous statement.
    Are you joking?

Its a fact !!! The more complicated a product is, the more components you have to make, the more expensive it is going to be.

Comparing apples with apples - on face value as I said the DD wheels looks far simpler of a design, than the pulley driven, shaft / cog, dual drive belt combo that is the older variant......
    Right, not sure you understood what I typed. It doesn't matter how simple or complex the design is, if you don't have the volume of units necessary (i.e. lots and lots and lots of units to sell) then you do not have buying power on the components, because you buy too few. If you buy lots and lots of components, those components end up being cheaper, if you don't, each component will be orders of magnitude more expensive. The DD wheels are top of the range, which will get bought LESS often, which means the volume of units produced will be lower, which means components are more expensive, which means the product is more expensive to produce. This means you have to be real careful with your margins, else you will be pricing the product out of range of your customers. 

Specially when you consider that most of the non-electrical components of the DD units are machined metal, the price for machining individual pieces (even at a relatively low 'resolution') is massive. 

I'm not saying they don't make money, I'm saying your assumption of the margins being large is likely incorrect. 

I received an email from Fanatec allowing me to spend my voucher now!

So, There is no doubt how they want to make the best for us :).

Thanks!

• ok thats really great. I have preordered the DD1, i will wiretransfer the money when it becomes available. Can I use the voucher for that aswell ?
    hmm
  • edited December 2018
    I received an email from Fanatec allowing me to spend my voucher now!
    Me too. I'm really impressed and very, very thankful.

So, There is no doubt how they want to make the best for us :).
    They know that we are going to spend more money than the voucher, specially after this gesture. I'm impresed how this company treats his customers. Yeah, they could make mistakes, but they compensate it generously. I really have to congratulate them because it's not usual nowdays.
  • Got the voucher email, wow. Clear sign Fanatec is trying ro do right by its customers. Great Job!
  • I got the voucher, but I prefer the F1 2019 wheel... I presume it will be added to my order by default and I dont need to confirm anything, right?
  • I ordered the fanatec wheel, now the wheel has no use. I understand the podium guys got a free wheel but the guys that ordered the wheel should have something too, I think it is unfair. Wanted to buy the base the day the date changed... :'( 
  • Same here, got the voucher. 
    But is there some news about the upcoming porsche wheel, release date, pre-order date?

cheers,

David
  • edited December 2018
    Hope now means soon cause I just got this trying to use it

Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

Has anyone else tried to use their voucher yet?
  • same for me guys, i am sure this will be fixed soon 

• same for me guys, i am sure this will be fixed soon 

glad its not just me then.... phew!
  • Got the same problem with the voucher code, compared to the codes they usually use this one looks like a placeholder to me.

I guess I don't need to hit them up via email / contact form, since it looks like a general problem everyone has. Or did anyone received a code they where able to use successfully?
  • Im really glad the the guys who needed a wheel base to keep racing, can use their voucher now, that's so good for them! For me it's either the new paddles to add to my LE F1 wheel, or a set of pedals .... decisions decisions. A Fanatec Christmas did come to us after all. Thanks heaps Fanatec, well done!! You've earned some customer loyalty today!
  • I hope we get some info/pictures about how F1 2019 rim will looks, because without any further info about the product I dont know if I want it, or not.  :-? 
    I also hope for some new info about other Podium rims which will come. If I will decide to use the voucher, I would like to spend it on Podium rim instead of ClubSport series rim. :)
  • at least i will be able to race while i wait for my dd ,, thanks fanatec good show :0  i am a happy bunny 
  • I got the same error too.
  • ok thats really great. I have preordered the DD1, i will wiretransfer the money when it becomes available. Can I use the voucher for that aswell ?
    hmm

I don't know you, but the money already left my bank account.

Regards
  • Same here, got the voucher. 
    But is there some news about the upcoming porsche wheel, release date, pre-order date?

cheers,

David
    +1
    Could we just have an estimated release date for upcoming porshe podium steering wheel ? Or even just to know if there are any chances that it release before the direct drive ?

And please could you tell us the voucher is valid for how long ? will it be valid after the DD release or not ?
    I'm asking the question in case the podium steering wheel release after the direct drive !

Thank you.
  • Just got the voucher email as well. Seriously impressive by Fanatec, they are working hard to turn this situation round. It also shows they are reading to all the comments on this forum.
  • I got the same error too.
    Same problem here too.
  • Hope now means soon cause I just got this trying to use it

Has anyone else tried to use their voucher yet?
    I still don't use it (I've to think a lot what to do), but in the mail says that it's no valid for bundles with other discounts (i.e. CSL Starter Kit). Could be your case?
  • trying to get the CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4™ i still get the error

• David BurtonDavid Burton Member
    edited December 2018