Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• My voucher worked but didn't cover the VAT & shipping.
    Yeah I think the free wheel would have been the best value in that respect, but  preordered the LE 2018 one... no choice but to swallow the cost of VAT. Cant complain though, still good value. I imagine that the advents gifts were probably done this way too. 100% off the price pre VAT and Shipping. 
  • Daid MarxDaid Marx Member
    edited December 2018
    I just logged in to see what the status was of the DD1 on the order page wanting to see if they were available for general ordering and/or in stock.  Having read through the comments here, something doesn't ring true.  If the error rate was so low - why the delayed release, and why so long?  This product has been teased for years now.  While every seller of products wants their defect rate to be as low as possible, these are machines, and machines break. No one expects a 0% defect rate. I suspect that those who have posited that this was a defensive move to avoid losing market share are correct to some degree. It was probably a major factor in the decision to produce a DD product 

More troubling however is the decision to make the announcement right at the very limit.  This sounds more like a supply problem. Either the manufacturer of the wheel has committed to a certain price for a certain quantity and Fanatec could not produce the orders, or, and perhaps more troubling, they committed to a certain number, the manufacturer produced them, and now Fanatec cannot pay for the units and they are being held hostage for payment. This is troubling because that puts everyone's pre-payment at risk. I was frustrated by the delay of the McLaren Wheel, but that was a relatively small purchase.  People who have paid out over 1,000 $/EUR/AUD.... are being mollified by the promise of a free item that also is not in stock (ie. costs the company no money to deliver today). They  are effectively kicking the sizable loss of this fiasco down the road.  If you pull Endor's 2018 numbers when available, and back out deposits for goods not delivered and cost of goods offered at no charge, you are going to see a very different financial picture.  I hope I am wrong, and I do feel that the intention was to make a revolutionary product and grow the brand, but I fear this is a rather perilous situation for Fanatec. Again, I hope I am wrong, as I am invested in the system and want to buy a DD when they are out, but this is now (and really always was) a Go Fund Me effort which is now struggling. 
  • edited December 2018
    Does anyone from the UK know the customs duty/tax situation post brexit(March 29)? Paying 999eu for the DD1 was quite a stretch on my finances and the thought of paying several hundred pounds import duty is a bit of worry to say the least. I havent paid a lot of attention to anything brexit related so apologies for my ignorance on the matter.
  • The code also worked for me. Thanks Thomas and Fanatec team
  • edited December 2018
    :-?
  • Jeez, why dont you all just call sales and get it sorted over the phone in minutes? Seriously - posting comments on boards in respect to your orders isnt an efficient way of contacting the sales team.
  • edited December 2018
    <:-P
  • Thanks for the generous early Christmas gift as in a working coupon code. 

I just ordered a set of v3 pedals together with the brake performance kit and damperkit. Great unasked and much appreciated Fanatec support about adding the right extra accessoire for the v3 pedals. Despite the good advize I could not decide so selected both. Hope that's ok ;) 
  • Am I the only one that did not receive the email about the delay on the DD1/DD2 bases, as well as the voucher?
    I have not been notified of anything, and I'm still waiting for Fanatec to reply to my emails in regards of my order. 
    It is just incredible.....
  • Voucher worked!!!

Order placed!!! 

Thanks Fanatec!
  • Am I the only one that did not receive the email about the delay on the DD1/DD2 bases, as well as the voucher?
    I have not been notified of anything, and I'm still waiting for Fanatec to reply to my emails in regards of my order. 
    I'd be a little worried by that.I assume you have the invoice or evidence of your pre-order?
    I'd be a little worried by that.I assume you have the invoice or evidence of your pre-order?
    Yes I do! It shows the order on my account.
  • I wonder if this voucher can bridge 2 orders. I am considering a McLaren rim and paddle module, but if I combine them I’m afraid the rim would be held up until the module comes out.
    Thats the catch yes. The voucher can be applied to one order. Standard Fanatec policy is that if one part of your order is not in stock, then they will send the whole order when it is complete (when all parts of the order are available). You would then have to wait for the paddle module to be available before you received the McLaren rim. This is how I understand it anyway, I could be wrong.

I sure hope this is not the case.  I have the ltd 2018 F1 rim on pre-order and just pre-ordered the podium shift kit for it along with a H/sequential shifter and 2018 F1 game key.  Nothing on the website states nothing will ship until the entire order can be filled.  

I hope someone from Fanatec can provide clarification here.  I can't wait 6mo for something they have in stock today. 
  • edited December 2018
    I wonder if this voucher can bridge 2 orders. I am considering a McLaren rim and paddle module, but if I combine them I’m afraid the rim would be held up until the module comes out.
    Thats the catch yes. The voucher can be applied to one order. Standard Fanatec policy is that if one part of your order is not in stock, then they will send the whole order when it is complete (when all parts of the order are available). You would then have to wait for the paddle module to be available before you received the McLaren rim. This is how I understand it anyway, I could be wrong.

I sure hope this is not the case.  I have the ltd 2018 F1 rim on pre-order and just pre-ordered the podium shift kit for it along with a H/sequential shifter and 2018 F1 game key.  Nothing on the website states nothing will ship until the entire order can be filled.  
    This was on my order page, and the reason for my comment

"Your payment has been verified. We are currently preparing your order for shipment. If one of your item is not in stock, we will deliver the entire shipment when the preordered product arrives."
  • Neil FarrenNeil Farren Member
    edited December 2018
    I wonder if this voucher can bridge 2 orders. I am considering a McLaren rim and paddle module, but if I combine them I’m afraid the rim would be held up until the module comes out.

"Your payment has been verified. We are currently preparing your order for shipment. If one of your item is not in stock, we will deliver the entire shipment when the preordered product arrives."
    That is beyond ridiculous. I was thinking of ordering the podium shift kit and sequential shifter. I can't think of any sensible reason why I should have to wait until April to get the sequential shifter.
  • What is the voucher amount? Is it a fixed amount or a discount %?? I am trying to get a hold from fanatec and the customer ser ice doesn’t pick up the call, and neither reply to my emails.
  • What is the voucher amount? Is it a fixed amount or a discount %?? I am trying to get a hold from fanatec and the customer ser ice doesn’t pick up the call, and neither reply to my emails.
    phone support is only available 2 hours a day from 2-4 pm CET. Best an fastest way to get help is the Chat support.
    Regarding the discount, its a fixed 349,95 discount code.
  • I wonder if this voucher can bridge 2 orders. I am considering a McLaren rim and paddle module, but if I combine them I’m afraid the rim would be held up until the module comes out.

That is beyond ridiculous. I was thinking of ordering the podium shift kit and sequential shifter. I can't think of any sensible reason why I should have to wait until April to get the sequential shifter.
    I fully agree, waiting 6 months for things that are in stock does seem crazy. Maybe if you offered to pay extra shipping....they might split the order. 
    Obviously you would have to organise through customer service at the webshop. Just an idea. Good luck
  • Sorry, but for me the following is not quiete clear.

How long the voucher/code is valid ??

If I don´t use the code until the base will be finally shipped, will I get then automatically the F1 wheel ?

Or is it also possible to keep the voucher longer and I can use it for the coming Porsche Podium wheel for example ?
  • Benjamin KusBenjamin Kus Member
    edited December 2018
    Below are my thoughts only based on reading the correspondence from Fanatec & my dealings with them.

VOUCHER TIME LIMIT
    I would assume the voucher is valid until the shipment of the DD1/DD2, during which if you have not used the voucher you will receive the 2019 LE F1 steering wheel.

F1 2019 LE Wheel - May 2019
    We have been told that the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 is due to be released in May 2019. It is very similar to the F1 2018 version just released, but comes in a special and exciting new colour scheme. Obviously will not be Gold or Blue. I suspect possibly Red.

We have been told that we will receive exclusive access to purchase the 2019 LE F1 steering wheel, so it is possible that we may have to apply the voucher to the 2019 LE F1 steering wheel (when they list it). If you have already used your voucher prior to this, then you will still have exclusive access to pay for the 2019 LE F1 steering wheel out of your own money.

UNRELEASED PODIUM PORSCHE Wheel
    We do not know when the Porsche wheel will be released. It might also be ready for release in April / May 2019, but would have not been ready to announce at the time of offering us a free wheel / voucher for DD1/2 pre-orders.

As the 2018 F1 wheel is already announced, it was OK for them to offer/announce the 2019 F1 wheel.  I would expect (hope) the Podium Modular Porsche wheel to be announced at least before the DD1/2 delivery in April/May & available for pre-order. I hope it is possibly ready for delivery in April/May too, but understand if it isn't! If this is the case, then you would be able to use the voucher towards the Podium Modular Porsche wheel system. It will certainly exceed the voucher's total value once you buy all the Podium Modules.

As discussed in Thomas's interview with Sim Racing Girl @ 1:42 it appears the Podium Porsche wheel will be a "Modular Eco System" with "All the components available separately", so the wheel will likely require the purchase of:
    - Podium quick release adaptor
    - Podium shifter paddles
    - Porsche rim of choice (Suede Leather or Smooth Leather)
    - Podium Button Plate

This will likely mean that we may want to purchase multiple Podium Shifter Paddles (for Porsche wheel + F1 wheels + ClubSport Universal hub)

VOUCHER VALID FOR ONE ORDER
    The voucher is for one transaction only, it cannot be split in value. Any remaining unused value is forfeited.

POSTAGE
    Regarding postage, while placing an order, the page clearly states that if any item is not in stock, then the entire order will be shipped once all items are in stock. This is due to the fact that you have only paid for one combined postage.

USING VOUCHER & SPLITTING AN ORDER
    If you want to use the voucher on multiple items (some in stock & some not) then this is an issue, as you cant split the voucher across orders, and may not want to wait until April to receive the podium paddles. My suggestion is to contact Webstore directly, where they can possibly update / split your order and ask you to pay additional money for additional postage. You will have already used your voucher in full & the order will have already been classed as paid, so everything should be fine. 

When I pre-ordered the 2018 LE F1 wheel, I also wanted F1 2018 game key, but realised I selected the wrong item. After contacting Webstore, it was straight forward. They asked me to pay the additional $25 AUD to their Paypal account & the F1 game key has now been added to my order. Although this was not splitting an order for postage, I have faith that they will look after you if you are reasonable.

Fanatec seem to be a small company, but from my dealings with them, they are a hard working & honest team. Although it is human nature, try not to jump to negative conclusions.

• trying to get the CSL Elite Wheel Base + - officially licensed for PS4™ i still get the error

Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!

I have this error too :-(....
  • Voucher worked , ordered the CSP V3 and spacer kit thingy. Thank you Fanatec for this generous response to an unfortunate situation. Cheers :)
  • edited December 2018
    Great thanks to you Benjamin for all the explanations and clearing many things up.

I also read a lot in different statements and different forums and would come to same conclusions like you.

But maybe you saw also the statement from fanatec in an english forum in that they mentioned, that they are still aiming to maybe start production of the bases end of december and might be able to ship first units in january. They are not sure if so, but there is a chance at least.

If they will manage like this I am afraid that I will not be able to order all the other components you mentioned already, simply because they will not be available in the shop for preorder I guess.
  • George LynnGeorge Lynn Member
    edited December 2018
    Hi Mathias,

regarding that comment of potential early shipment, could you please share the link with us?
    Thank you, Sir!
  • When using the coupon, and ordering the upcoming podium paddles (pre-order) and other items such as the handbrake (in stock). Will the items in stock ship ? or will the order ship entirely when the pre-order item (podium paddles) are available ?
  • I really doubt that these units will ship in January, certainly wouldn't hold my breath on that.  The extremely generous compensation that they have offered would not have been done if the delay would be a month. There is also now a lot of pressure on Fanatec to get this product right, more than before, as they have drawn everyones attention to failure rates, potential electronics failures, overheating etc., I can see them fully using every bit of the next 5 months to make sure the product is as good as it now has to be. Not trying to be pessimistic, rather realistic. 

• When using the coupon, and ordering the upcoming podium paddles (pre-order) and other items such as the handbrake (in stock). Will the items in stock ship ? or will the order ship entirely when the pre-order item (podium paddles) are available ?

Your payment has been verified. We are currently preparing your order for shipment. If one of your item is not in stock, we will deliver the entire shipment when the preordered product arrives.

Your payment has been verified. We are currently preparing your order for shipment. If one of your item is not in stock, we will deliver the entire shipment when the preordered product arrives.

Thank you, unfortunate
  • Hi Mathias,

regarding that comment of potential early shipment, could you please share the link with us?
    Thank you, Sir!
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-podium-direct-drive-wheel-bases-thread.358875/page-50#post-12566352
  • edited December 2018
    I tryed to use My Code to Order 2 of the Magnetic Podium Shifter sets... The Cide Did Not wirk for Me either...The Transaction still went through without the Voucher being applied... What ever the Case I Emailed Fanatec and Im sure that Fanatec will Either Refund the Correct $$$ to My Pay Pal Acct or Issue Me another working Voucher and I will Cancel the existing order and Place a New order with the New Voucher... No Big Deal I'm sure those of us who Pre Paid will be Compensated with a New Voucher Code.
    For all the speculation and Negative talk about Fanatec being out for a Cash Grab, Going out of Business etc... I will make this post... as i stated in My above Quoted post from a few days ago My Voucher did Not work either and the Full value of My order was deducted from My Pay Pal acct... I very simply Emailed Fanatec to inform that My Voucher did Not work and requested that they apply the Voucher value to My order and Refund the difference back to My Pay Pal acct... I sent the Email Friday Night Dec 7th today is Tuesday Dec 11th and its before 12pm NY time... The below Screen Shot attached to the post is the result... Yes I wanted the DD2 wheel to ship on time but Some times its just a Matter of being patient... I would rather have a product that is Fully tested against predictable failure than to have a product that can randomly fail at any time due to poor Quality control.... Also the $349.95 Voucher was Much more than I expected to get and was a Great gesture/ Give back by Fanatec to ease the pain felt by all who pre paid and must endure the extended wait time...The way i see it is i just bought 2 sets of Podium Magnetic shifters for $24.xx!!!......Thank you Fanatec. #Loyal Happy Fanatec Customer!!!