Delivery of the Podium Wheel Bases UPDATE2

Comments

• How can I contact with a sales rep to have the voucher?

• How can I contact with a sales rep to have the voucher?
    I want to know this too. Do we have to do it now or wait when its gone be released.
  • @Thomas Sorry to hear that, but I believe this is the right decision. I have some concerns regarding the PS4 Version, will it be future compatible as the PS5 is already close by (rumors say that it is coming end of 2019). It would be really bad investing 1000+ € in something which will quite possible not work half a year later on the actual hardware... Will the first batch of the PS4 wheels still be equipped with the DD2 motor?
  • Yes, I'm disappointed as hell. But it is what it is and complaining about it won't do anyone any good. I remember that Thomas once said in an interview that it would be a huge failure if the Podium DDs would not be released in 2018. So I think everyone can be sure that this is not only disappointing for us but also very disappointing for Fanatec. And such a compensation shows that Fanatec is aware of what they're doing to their customers with such a huge delay of their new flag ship.

Thomas, do you know what could happen if someone send that list to your competitors?
    Do you know how much spam we will receive now?

It's a very valuable and updated list of simracers that wants to spend their money.

If I would receive such an email, the sender would immediately be on the spam list and i would never ever consider buying anything there :D
  • edited December 2018
    To all customers waiting for the Podium Wheel Base 

I can imagine how much you’re looking forward to the release of this product. We’ve been working tirelessly to optimise and improve long term reliability, implementing many changes during the development phase. Until recently, it was looking very good that we could fulfill our estimated availability date in early December, but in final testing we discovered a serious issue which affects about 0.7% of the units produced so far. 

We discussed if this really justifies a delay, but I made the painful decision to stop delivery. This product must be nothing less than flawless! In electronics design there’s always a chance that something can be missed, but if we are already aware of an issue, we cannot ship the unit. Not our flagship.

The problem requires thorough analysis, and we need to determine if we can rework the electronics of the units which were already produced or need to make new electronics. It is therefore important to adjust our realistic shipping date to the end of April. If we can begin shipments earlier, then we will do so, of course.

I’m sure you are just as disappointed as we are, but we want to keep you happy, and we want you to stay with us. Of course you are free to cancel your order now, but if you are willing to wait, we are offering a special gift as a gesture of appreciation.

All customers who pre-ordered the Podium Wheel Base DD1 or DD2 up to yesterday will receive a free steering wheel. It will be the new ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 which is due to be released in May next year. It is very similar to the F1 2018 version we just released, but comes in a special and exciting new colour scheme. It is also a limited edition product, with a value of 349,95 USD / Euro

Rest assured that the Podium Series Wheel Bases will be well worth the wait.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

UPDATE

In case you have already ordered the F1 2018 steering wheel or you want a different steering wheel you can let our sales team know and we will send you a voucher for the same amount so you can use it on a different steering wheel.

For me is not a problem this delay :) but, i think you are really sad and frustrated about this situation.
    Considring this new gift of 349, the gift of 399 for 5 ywar warranty, considering the upgraded motor for dd1... i hope for you that all this investment don't damage you and your company, i'am sincere. Sometimes bad things happens.

When i brought my first fanatec product , a csw 2.5 i've experieced some issues and was rude with your company and now i'm really sorry for that :( because your company always assist me in everything and after some days i understand that i can trust in you and your company/staff.

My best wishes , Thomas. Thank you.

• edited December 2018
    We are currently investigating the data leak issue but it looks like we indeed made a horrible mistake. 

X_X

The only thing we can do at this point is to write another e-mail and to let everybody know that their e-mail adress has been exposed. 

One bad news followed by the next. Not a great day  :(

I am even more sorry for that data leak then for the delay. There is no excuse for something like that. 

My deepest apologies.
    So Thomas does this mean that our payment and credit card details are now leaked to un-trustworthy personel ?? 

This is really serious 
    [-X
    no. Your information are encrypted via ssh/https protocols... even your payment method requires a geolocalization/Pin a userID and password from a trusted device.

This against the European General Data Protection Regulation. I can see the email address of everyone that has Pre-ordered the DD1 or DD2, more importantly they can see my email address.
    are you serious ?
    C'mon guys... in the era of sharing everything with everyone the problem now is an email address ?. Only "digital certified pec type" email addresses are covered by PDI, same for "private internal business" domain names.

normal & public domain names email addresses ( is not ) PDI/sensible data. it's an email address not a credit card number or a health clinic card .

what have to do this guy ?.. have to kill himself to demand patience for one error ?.

it's incredible.

in protest of that... because everyone are human and can make mistakes...

this is my email address..

skapy @ hotmail . com
    anewmail2010 @ gmail . com
    mypsnnet2k4 @ live . com
    mymail4xboxlive @ hotmail . com

• Unfortunate but i prefer a perfect product - no reason to forget ones good education and start hating.
    Im gonna sell the wheel probably since i have the P1 and GT3 wheels, i just play one Xbox One and i have no use for anymore wheels, casual racer here.
  • I was going to pre-order the DD1 and Inverted Pedal set on Thursday and just read this news.  I will still gladly pre-order this week if I can get the free steering wheel offer.  If not I don't know what to do now. 
  • Although disappointed it’s the right thing to do and I’m happy to wait till April I know you guys will get a lot of negativity due to this but wanted your team to know that I at least am happy your doing the right thing by your customers.

• I was going to pre-order the DD1 and Inverted Pedal set on Thursday and just read this news.  I will still gladly pre-order this week if I can get the free steering wheel offer.  If not I don't know what to do now. 
    i really doubt you get a free wheel if you order now. It says April on the product pages now...
  • Am I understanding correctly that the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1® 2018 will not ship until April now?!?!?!  I bought a base two weeks ago, and you're saying I have to wait 5-6 months to use it?!?!  I have no other wheels! :(
  • edited December 2018
    Please everybody stop using the email that you received from Endor. I’ ve just received tons of e-mail, with personal deal/ request and more from many. Seriously, DO NOT USE that email. Thank you
  • Maybe stupid question but I'd like to go sure: The free rim will have the same functions like the limited F1 2018 rim (additional buttons/rotaries/etc. compared to Formula and F1 Esports), right?
  • Hi

A little annoyed by your recent delay 3 days before launch. I have taken time off work using my holidays to get my rig ready for my DD1 only to be told it's not fit for purpose due to electronics been incorrectly engineered by your engineers and the system overheating.

However you have offered me a ClubSport F1 Steering wheel 2019 limited addition if I keep my order with Fanatec for the DD1 as compensation. My only issue with this offer is that I have just purchased a ClubSport F1 Steering wheel 2018 and do not require 2 ClubSport F1 Steering wheels as I can only use one at a time. Could the offer be extended to other wheels and not just the ClubSport F1 Steering wheel 2019. Which I'm sure is spectacular, but I don't need 2 F1 wheels.

I really hope you get your new product fixed, but should I see another delay I shall have no other option other than to cancel my order

Regards

Lee
  • Maik ZeranskiMaik Zeranski Member
    edited December 2018
    I was going to pre-order the DD1 and Inverted Pedal set on Thursday and just read this news.  I will still gladly pre-order this week if I can get the free steering wheel offer.  If not I don't know what to do now. 
    Post #1 writes the following: "All customers who pre-ordered the Podium Wheel Base DD1 or DD2 up to yesterday will receive a free steering wheel."

So you will not get a free wheel if you order it from now on, because you are not affected by the delay, because your shipment date would be already end of April 2019.

To anyone asking "how to request the voucher code instead of the free wheel":
    • Go to you orders via the "my profile" button at the top right of the main page
    • Select your orders
    • Find your order, click the view button
    • scroll to the bottom, there is a checkbox to select the reason to contact Fanatec and enter your request there
    • Same way if you wish to cancel your order

i really doubt you get a free wheel if you order now. It says April on the product pages now...
    Your right I'm sure.  Guess I will just cancel my pre-order of the 2018 LTD F1 rim and spend all the money on something else.   AccuForce Pro is still be offered at $999 and ships with a rim and is in stock now.  Also some great reviews on youtube for it.  
  • Dear Fanatec

Can you repeat the Black Firday offer on the CSL Elite wheelbase for PS4?

I ordered the DD2 on July 13th and currently have no wheelbase. I would have purchased the CSL PS4 wheelbase if I had been informed about the delay sooner.

Thanks
  • edited December 2018

Morten Ravnsnaes said:
    Dear Fanatec

I ordered the DD2 on July 13th and currently have no wheelbase. I would have purchased the CSL PS4 wheelbase if I had been informed about the delay sooner.

Thanks
    I am with you. Waiting and now I have no base for race. Hopefully they are going to make any kind of deal for this situation, no only limited the voucher for wheels... For me I am happy with the delay if they are making any kind of compensation like they have just did.
  • Ivan HruškaIvan Hruška Member
    edited December 2018
    Of course nobody is happy to wait even longer, but we may be glad that Fanatec wont push the release even there was only 0.07% affected by issue. They could easily start with shipping and make us happy.

Sure Fanatec is not happy either to delay this and spend another money on rework/redesign of some components.
    They give everyone who preordered very decent compensation but people are still hating as hell. Who else give you product with more than 1/3 of value of your original pre-ordered product? (in case of DD1 pre-order)

It seems to me that everything that Fanatec do is bad and nobody is satisfied. 
    Im not saying that Im happy that I must wait longer, but I am okay if there is serious reason for it and I will not receive something that is not properly tested and reliable. + I will get something for free what I would probably buy anyway so I saved some money. :)

• edited December 2018
    I think that those who pre-ordered a dd1 / dd2 also pre-ordered the f1 during Black Friday if they were interested in it
    I have pre-ordered the dd2 but I did not order f1 on black friday I'm not interested in it because I already have the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula and I do not like it because it's too small and has wrong ergonomics for me so I get cramped in my hands when I use it
    So I hope they come with an alternative solution for us who are not interested in f1 wheels
    Agree 100% I have the F1 Black wheel and Never use it... I would Gladly take a Set of Podium Magnetic Shifters as a Gift than to receive another F1 Rim that i will Not use.... For Me its just too Small.... If the special Edition F1 Rim was the same size as the McClaren Rim i woulda been All over it!!! Size Matters <-- Thats what She Said ---> LOL!!!
  • edited December 2018
    Of course nobody is happy to wait even longer, but we may be glad that Fanatec wont push the release even there was only 0.07% affected by issue. They could easily start with shipping and make us happy.

Sure Fanatec is not happy either to delay this and spend another money on rework/redesign of some components.
    They give everyone who preordered very decent compensation but people are still hating as hell. Who else give you product with more than 1/3 of value of your original pre-ordered product? (in case of DD1 pre-order)

It seems to me that everything that Fanatec do is bad and nobody is satisfied. 
    Im not saying that Im happy that I must wait longer, but I am okay if there is serious reason for it and I will not receive something that is not properly tested and reliable. + I will get something for free what I would probably buy anyway so I saved some money. :)

i feel same way...

every .. ( i say )... everything this guys did... is s**t..... every thing... in every day on every event.
    but this is the world my friend... people LOVE to hate everything ... i always say that people don't go to a race event for the sport or drivers or passion etc..
    most go to the race events to see explosions , incidents and to make videos for youtube ... click click click...

• I've thought about pre-orderding for months now but didn't do it. And now you get a free wheel :( Guess I'll have to wait until April then.....
  • edited December 2018
    Just to be clear... Does the update mean now that everybody (!) that placed a preorder can choose to take this voucher, if they don´t want this F1 wheel? Or only the ones that ordered already the F1 wheel in the black friday deal have this option ?
  • Received my GDPR mandatory notification email about a breech.  Think I shall be forwarding any spam mail to Fanatec support as a result. I only just replaced my email due to the same thing happening.
    Really p***d!!!!
    An F1 rim for compensation for DD1 delay is nice touch but id expect nothing less than the resignation of the IT idiot who shared 400+ email addresses.

• Received my GDPR mandatory notification email about a breech.  Think I shall be forwarding any spam mail to Fanatec support as a result. I only just replaced my email due to the same thing happening.
    Really p***d!!!!
    An F1 rim for compensation for DD1 delay is nice touch but id expect nothing less than the resignation of the IT idiot who shared 400+ email addresses.

Chill out guy...

• Seriously...asking for someone to get fired for a mistake that does no harm whatsoever to you....you people are all delusional and live in a very very special world....

• Lino, what do you expect of some pimply kids playing f1 pilot for 10 hours after school :-)
  • Excuse me Christopher I am not a kid @51
  • David BurtonDavid Burton Member
    edited December 2018
    Guess you guys are from a different era were people can just make mistakes and accept it.  Know its not life or death but if that list gets forwarded to competators it could cost Fanatec millions in lost revenue. 
    Sure Thomas is taking it seriously if your not.

• Dear Fanatec

Thanks
    I think this would also be a nice gesture.  I would jump on this.  

Many people have rims or other hardware waiting for the base.  If we could get a discounted base in the eco system, I would jump on that.  If I had known prior to black friday I would've pulled trigger then.