Fanatec Beta Driver V330 for CSL and CSW Bases (all wheels)

Comments

• Please upload hex v639 for CSW 2.5
  • Please upload hex v639 for CSW 2.5
    It's included in the latest driver package 330, no need to load anything manually.
  • It's included in the latest driver package 330, no need to load anything manually.
    Motor has been updated, the firmware is not updated, error - Default Hex file loading failed
  • edited March 2019
    It's included in the latest driver package 330, no need to load anything manually.
    Motor has been updated, the firmware is not updated, error - Default Hex file loading failed
    Uninstall the driver and then reinstall the driver again. After pc reboot it should work.

• Uninstall the driver and then reinstall the driver again. After pc reboot it should work.
    Doesn't help, I have a problem with all the latest drivers. Support sent me a special working program for firmware with hex file.
  • Arie KopArie Kop Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes i know its a pain to re-tweek everything but Now that the over saturated FFB issue has been fixed I suggest re-adjusting your Wheel and In Game settings to the New DR/FW ... I'm pretty sure that you will Find that the FFB is Better than Ever once you get things Dialed in...That's the reason I went to PS4 then PC and gave up on XBox1 because the FFB was just way over saturated and Never felt right.
    Re-tweaking everything is not a problem as my FFB settings on the wheel were always low, only for PC2 I used 50.For AC 30 and for F1 2018 20. I feel the FFB is now smoother, so by raising it to the new levels I think I'm already for 90% in the right direction. Thanks for your input. All of you.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    It’s a matter of adapting to FFB that’s not over saturated. Much better now.
  • I had the same noise problem on my new CSW, sooooo anoying.
    With motor firmware 22 the noise is gone
    Thx Fanatec
  • Btw, interesting thing with that drift setting/feel problem on CSW v2 with 328/330 and their fw's(or with any drivers/fw's after 292) is that if I use my CSW v2 on XOne via drivehub(fanatec mode) then that drift setting feel is "normal" or what it was before newer drivers/fw's broke it.  
  • still having double shifting prblems with the McLaren GT3 wheel. Any advice? 
  • Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    still having double shifting prblems with the McLaren GT3 wheel. Any advice? 
    If it's not changing with firmware versions and you are sure they where properly installed and shown in the driver, contact support because it seems to be a hardware issue then which needs replacement.
  • I've read a possible solution for it on FB. Try holding the shifter, that has the issue, for 10 seconds while base is powered on. Some have possitve results doing that. If that doesn't help... Support.
  • edited April 2019
    OK, here we go again:

All this has been tested in pCARS2, with no changes of the in-game or wheel FFB settings.
    WB: CSL Elite PC&XBox
    Rim: McLaren GT3

Driver 311
    WB FW 475
    SW FW 25
    All working as expected.

Driver 311
    WB FW 475
    SW FW 30
    All working as expected.

Driver 311
    WB FW 640
    SW FW 30
    Wheel very light in idle.
    Force missing on crossing wheel center while steering left/right, when the car is standing.

Driver 330
    WB FW 640
    SW FW 25
    During assignment the game picks up Button 22 several times. This happened only once. Could not reproduce it after restarting the wheel/game.
    Force missing on crossing wheel center while steering left/right, when the car is standing.

Driver 330
    WB FW 640
    SW FW 30
    Sporadic double up/down shifts.

Driver 330
    WB FW 475
    SW FW 30
    All working as expected.

i can confirm this problme
    CSL WheeBase
    Driver : 330
    Base FW Version: 640
    Wheel FW Version: 24

get Back to 328
    with WB 629 and is Works as before

Something with the format of your post is wrong, I can't get what you want. 

Please mention your device and fw again and describe it in detail also mentioning the game and platform PC/XBOX/PS4
  • I’ve also update my wheel,I test it with the game f1 2018 on the PS4.but I’m a little bit struggling with the settings for the FFB,must the FBB ingame low or higher,and wich settings do I need for the the wheel
  • edited April 2019
    Does anyone find the thumb encoders on the F1 2018 LE or Formula V2 to be too twitchy/not precise? 

It happens with both, but mostly the right thumb encoder. I'll rotate in one direction and maybe about 60% of the time it works fine, but the other 40% one of 3 things will happen:
    1) It doesn't register any clicks
    2) It will "double click"
    3) It will register one click in the opposite direction. 

I use them mostly for ERS Management and I have to spend more time readjusting my settings every lap as a result of the twitchy behavior. 

I've had this issue since driver 324. Tonight I upgraded to driver 330 and the issue is still there. I see this behavior on the Fanatec properties page as well as in-game (AC, rF2, AMS). Can this issue be addressed with firmware updates?

Sidenote: Is there a way to make the thumb encoders any stiffer/harder to move?
    Does anyone find the thumb encoders on the F1 2018 LE or Formula V2 to be too twitchy/not precise? 

It happens with both, but mostly the right thumb encoder. I'll rotate in one direction and maybe about 60% of the time it works fine, but the other 40% one of 3 things will happen:

I use them mostly for ERS Management and I have to spend more time readjusting my settings every lap as a result of the twitchy behavior. 

I've had this issue since driver 324. Tonight I upgraded to driver 330 and the issue is still there. I see this behavior on the Fanatec properties page as well as in-game (AC, rF2, AMS). Can this issue be addressed with firmware updates?

Please list the firmware you've installed on the wheel base and steering wheel
  • I've read a possible solution for it on FB. Try holding the shifter, that has the issue, for 10 seconds while base is powered on. Some have possitve results doing that. If that doesn't help... Support.
    Doesn't work... thanks anyway for the tip...
  • Akeem DorsetAkeem Dorset Member
    edited April 2019
    Hi Marcel, not sure if you guys have made any progress reproducing the notchy feeling that a few of us have been reporting, but I thought I'd share a little insight. I have found that the notchy feeling is more pronounced in slower paced games like Euro Truck Simulator 2. Most of the time, the notchy feeling doesn't appear right away. Its usually after 5-10 minutes of driving that you start to feel it, and its really off-putting. Even after closing the game, you can still feel it. The only way to get rid of the notchy issue (temporarily) is to restart the wheel, but the problem will return again. As another user has described in the v328 thread, it feels like, "Notchy" as in slight bump, bump, bump, like hardware perhaps trying to find a "cog" in which to fit".  Using the CSW V2.5, I have the following settings:
    Sen: 900; FF: 100; SHo: 50; ABS: OFF; DRI: -01; For: 50; SPr: 20; dPr: OFF; FEI: 20. 
    I have tried every driver, wheelbase firmware, and motor firmware combination possible going all the way back to driver v310. I just got my CSW V2.5 about 3 weeks ago, and ever since then, I've been trying to eliminate this problem as much as I could but nothing has worked.

CSW V2.5 with Universal HUB.
    PC Driver: 330
    WB FW: 639
    Motor FW: 22

• Does anyone find the thumb encoders on the F1 2018 LE or Formula V2 to be too twitchy/not precise? 

Sorry, didn't realise the format for reporting problems. 

Wheel Base Model (product ID): Clubsport Wheel Base v2.5
    Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Clubsport Steering Wheel F1 2018
    Driver Version: 330
    Base FW Version: 639 (Base Motor FW: 22)

Problem Description:

Hi Marcel, not sure if you guys have made any progress reproducing the notchy feeling that a few of us have been reporting, but I thought I'd share a little insight. I have found that the notchy feeling is more pronounced in slower paced games like Euro Truck Simulator 2. Most of the time, the notchy feeling doesn't appear right away. Its usually after 5-10 minutes of driving that you start to feel it, and its really off-putting. Even after closing the game, you can still feel it. The only way to get rid of the notchy issue (temporarily) is to restart the wheel, but the problem will return again. As another user has described in the v328 thread, it feels like, "Notchy" as in slight bump, bump, bump, like hardware perhaps trying to find a "cog" in which to fit".  Using the CSW V2.5, I have the following settings:
    Sen: 900; FF: 100; SHo: 50; ABS: OFF; DRI: -01; For: 50; SPr: 20; dPr: OFF; FEI: 20. 
    I have tried every driver, wheelbase firmware, and motor firmware combination possible going all the way back to driver v310. I just got my CSW V2.5 about 3 weeks ago, and ever since then, I've been trying to eliminate this problem as much as I could but nothing has worked.

CSW V2.5 with Universal HUB.
    PC Driver: 330
    WB FW: 639
    Motor FW: 22

Thanks, indeed we are getting closer to find that out, we could reproduce it now and are investigating in what causes it.

Problem Description:

If it happens with all firmware versions there might be a hardware issue and then you need to contact support.
    Below a new driver is attached, try with this one, if it doesn't help, contact support.
    Make sure to install Base and Steering Wheel firmware of your Formula
  • edited April 2019
    Uau!!!! A new driver?? Again???? For which Fanatec Equipment is it compatible?
  • leon liuleon liu Member
    edited April 2019

Problem Description:

If it happens with all firmware versions there might be a hardware issue and then you need to contact support.
    Below a new driver is attached, try with this one, if it doesn't help, contact support.
    any changelog? 
    what news in it ?
  • Can someone help me here, I have the McLaren rim and it was my impression that a firmware was released a while ago to allow changing the Multi-Position Switches to work differently, with a Pulse and Encoder mode but I've just updated to the latest driver and firmware here and I can't see how to change it.  The options available are still only got Active - 12 positions, Active - 11 and Deactivated.
  • Can someone help me here, I have the McLaren rim and it was my impression that a firmware was released a while ago to allow changing the Multi-Position Switches to work differently, with a Pulse and Encoder mode but I've just updated to the latest driver and firmware here and I can't see how to change it.  The options available are still only got Active - 12 positions, Active - 11 and Deactivated.
    The new MPS functions are in the tuning menu, not in the driver. There is a new setting called MPS FNC and there you will find the two new options.
    The new MPS functions are in the tuning menu, not in the driver. There is a new setting called MPS FNC and there you will find the two new options.

Thanks for that, but I thought there was supposed to be an Encoder option so turning them left would be 1 button and turning them right would be another button so you could use them to decrease or increase something.

Thanks for that, but I thought there was supposed to be an Encoder option so turning them left would be 1 button and turning them right would be another button so you could use them to decrease or increase something.
    That option is only available on the new formula wheels because they use a different MPS system without a end stop so you can turn them endlessly.

That option is only available on the new formula wheels because they use a different MPS system without a end stop so you can turn them endlessly.

Ah, ok, thanks.
  • Does anyone find the thumb encoders on the F1 2018 LE or Formula V2 to be too twitchy/not precise? 

Problem Description:

I tested this on the weekend and have got the same issue (both in properties menu and in game. F1 2018, AC & PC2 ). I will go back and test other drivers this week.

Hopefully only a software issue and v332 will fix.

Reminds me of mice scroll wheels that have had similar issues of skipping inputs every couple of notches.
This discussion has been closed.