Podium Series Status Update: Shipments begin next month, first batch stock almost sold out!

Comments

• It seems that Olli has a couple of them already :) https://areena.yle.fi/1-4559007?seek=1162 (News in finnish national television)
    so now people also can see the kill switch, if you've looked closely

Already seen the photo Hughie posted, and it’s funny that guy has two of the DD bases yet doesn’t seem to know how to set the height and angle correctly for them.
    Gavin it would appear that you are out of the loop a lil bit, I think the height and angle must be right for him, Google him and that will explain why his fov is right for him. Sorry bud.

Out of the loop about a sim racer I’ve never heard of speaking a language I don’t know from a country I can only guess at? You’d be right, I don’t follow esports and I never mentioned anything about his field of view settings, maybe the height is ok, hard to see from that footage, but the rake angle, well he doesn’t have one it seems, it looks like it’s completely level which is odd. Check this article from a driver coach for example: https://virtualracingschool.com/academy/iracing-career-guide/season-one/ergonomics/ Again, I am most definitely out of the loop with this guy, but when it comes to a good driving position and wheel angle, not as much, so no need to be sorry, I’m really not that interested in him.
  • Gavin DaviesGavin Davies Member
    edited April 2019
    I know now, I looked him up, still not interested though. :)
  • I was really hoping to have a new teaser video to watch by now. I still keep checking everyday!
  • I was really hoping to have a new teaser video to watch by now. I still keep checking everyday!
    yeah when the next video is ? ship really soon
  • edited April 2019
    If I place an order for the Podium Racing Wheel F1 then it will be shipped only 2019-06-14 ??? Shopping Site fanatec.com/eu
  • If I place an order for the Podium Racing Wheel F1 then it will be shipped only 2019-06-14 ??? Shopping Site fanatec.com/eu

It was stated several times that the first batch is sold out. Second one will be shipped in June...
  • Fanatec just can't create such a big stock on such new product. It's pre ordering only for now... Tjat batch sold out... Wait till next batch. Has been so for Years....but I don't mind it's no mass production product.
  • It seems that Olli has a couple of them already :) https://areena.yle.fi/1-4559007?seek=1162 (News in finnish national television)
    so now people also can see the kill switch, if you've looked closely

Already seen the photo Hughie posted, and it’s funny that guy has two of the DD bases yet doesn’t seem to know how to set the height and angle correctly for them.
    Gavin it would appear that you are out of the loop a lil bit, I think the height and angle must be right for him, Google him and that will explain why his fov is right for him. Sorry bud.

Out of the loop abo
  • I currently have a Playseat F1, with a thrust master mounted on it. I am going to make the upgrade to the DD1/ Podium wheel, but I don't know if the DD1 will be able to me mounted on the Playseat mounting plate. If they are compatible, how many holes need to be drilled?
  • I
    I currently have a Playseat F1, with a thrust master mounted on it. I am going to make the upgrade to the DD1/ Podium wheel, but I don't know if the DD1 will be able to me mounted on the Playseat mounting plate. If they are compatible, how many holes need to be drilled?

The playseat F1 says it’s compatible with all current wheels including Fanatec, and if it’s compatible with the Fanatec Club Sport bases it will be compatible with the podium/dd 1 bases since it uses the same 3 screw pattern in the bottom. To be 100% why don’t you download and print the Club Sport drill pattern or the DD base drill pattern and check for yourself.
  • edited April 2019
    Hi Dominic , I am using CSPV2 , and I know if plug direct to PC it will have 10bits resolutions, to wheelbase it only get 8 bits , what happen if I plug into DD1 ? Is it same providing 8 bits or can have native 10 bits? Thx
    Hi Lok Leong, if you plug it into the DD1, you will get 8-bit resolution with the V2 pedals.

Hi Dominic Brennan,
    And for the CSR elite pedals, is it the same thing ?
    8 bits if plug into the DD1 ? and 10 bits plug direct to PC ?

Thank you .
  • See product page ;)
  • See product page ;)
    I can not find it ;)
  • Nick HubersNick Hubers Member
    edited April 2019
    See product page ;)
    I can not find it ;)
    Me neither ;-)

The only information I found was on the Pedal V3 site and nothing on the DD1 PS4 F1 site.

"Max resolution depending on the connection:

§  through PWT / PWTS / CSR / CSR Elite wheel: 8 bit (256 values) on all axes

§  through CSW B V1 / CSW B V2 / CS WB V2.5 / CSL E WB / CSL E RW PS4: 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes

§  USB direct connection (PC): 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes"

There is nothing mentioned about the connection with DD1 PS4 (P RW F1)? 

I would like to know what bit resolution will I get when I plug my pedals V3 into the DD1 PS4 and connect this to my PS4?
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator

Hi Dominic Brennan,

Thank you .
    Nick Hubers said:

I would like to know what bit resolution will I get when I plug my pedals V3 into the DD1 PS4 and connect this to my PS4?
    There is no difference between the behaviour of our CSL, ClubSport, and Podium bases in this regard.

• Hi Dominic Brennan,

Thank you .
    Nick Hubers said:

There is no difference between the behaviour of our CSL, ClubSport, and Podium bases in this regard.
    Oke Thanks I guess, still not a direct answer to my question and for me still a bit confusing. See me as someone quit blunt in this area.
    What bit resolution will I get when I plug my pedals V3 into the DD1 PS4 and connect this to my PS4?
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited April 2019

Hi Dominic Brennan,

Thank you .
    Nick Hubers said:

Oke Thanks I guess, still not a direct answer to my question and for me still a bit confusing. See me as someone quit blunt in this area.
    What bit resolution will I get when I plug my pedals V3 into the DD1 PS4 and connect this to my PS4?
    12 bit (4096 values) on all axes.
  • edited April 2019
    With product page... I meant the page of the PEDALS not the DD page. So this is copied from V3 specs Max resolution depending on the connection: through PWT / PWTS / CSR / CSR Elite wheel: 8 bit (256 values) on all axes through CSW B V1 / CSW B V2 / CS WB V2.5 / CSL E WB / CSL E RW PS4: 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes USB direct connection (PC): 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes Seems like this is just as hard to look into as most people lack to read quick guide :)) And no, the DD isn't in that list yet, but do you really think resolution would be downgraded with a brand new base.
  • Hi Dominic

I have some questions; Some products will be available when.

1- When is the Killswitch going on sale? What is the estimated price.(Because I will order with DD1 servo motor.)

2- I have to wait 2.5 months if I pre-order. What's the benefit to me?

3- What happens if the servo motor breaks down after 2 years?

4- I have the Fanatec Rennsport V2 Cockpit. When are the yellow holders in the picture going on sale?

Thank you.
    Hi Coskun.

1. The Podium Kill Switch is planned to launch at the end of April. I can't give you the price at this time - this will be shown on the product page, which will go live soon.

2. The first batch of systems is almost sold out in all regions. It is possible that the second batch could sell out too, so pre-ordering secures your place on the next shipment.

3. If your product has a fault beyond the warranty period, then we would repair your system for a fee. Bear in mind that the DD2 comes with a 5 year warranty, and the DD1 can be upgraded to a 3 or 5 year warranty.

4. These are called Podium Mounting Brackets, and are also planned to launch at the end of April. The product page will go live soon.

Another 2 week gone and the product page was supposed to go live “very soon” Thomas gave a “very soon” a month ago Doesn’t give us confidence in your time frames. Is very soon a month, a few week or days? Just sounds like delay tactics.
  • Hi Dominic

I have some questions; Some products will be available when.

1- When is the Killswitch going on sale? What is the estimated price.(Because I will order with DD1 servo motor.)

2- I have to wait 2.5 months if I pre-order. What's the benefit to me?

3- What happens if the servo motor breaks down after 2 years?

4- I have the Fanatec Rennsport V2 Cockpit. When are the yellow holders in the picture going on sale?

Thank you.
    Hi Coskun.

1. The Podium Kill Switch is planned to launch at the end of April. I can't give you the price at this time - this will be shown on the product page, which will go live soon.

2. The first batch of systems is almost sold out in all regions. It is possible that the second batch could sell out too, so pre-ordering secures your place on the next shipment.

3. If your product has a fault beyond the warranty period, then we would repair your system for a fee. Bear in mind that the DD2 comes with a 5 year warranty, and the DD1 can be upgraded to a 3 or 5 year warranty.

4. These are called Podium Mounting Brackets, and are also planned to launch at the end of April. The product page will go live soon.

Another 2 week gone and the product page was supposed to go live “very soon” Thomas gave a “very soon” a month ago Doesn’t give us confidence in your time frames. Is very soon a month, a few week or days? Just sounds like delay tactics.
    Yes, I agree with you. 

Dominic;
    How long do we all have to wait? I will order DD1 or DD2 according to Podium Kill Switch button price. I would also like to order Podium Mounting Brackets. There is still no description on the homepage. I don't want to order separately. I pay commissions for every EFT posting.(Bank comission). 
  • All I can say is... GET USED TO IT whoehaahahahhaahahah
  • Benjamin KusBenjamin Kus Member
    edited April 2019
    Hello Dominic, it has been mentioned that the Podium Porsche Rim will be available later in the year & that the F1 2019 LE rim will also be exclusively available for people who pre-ordered the DD1/2 prior to December with the voucher.

1) Is it possible these will both be announced at the same time, or is the Porsche Rim still much later in the year than the F1 2019 June/July release?

2) In addition to each being sold separately, is it possible the Podium Porsche Rim, Wheel Adaptor, Paddle Module & Button Plate will also have a package option, similar to how the Clubsport Steering Wheels come now with the Clubsport Steering Wheel Universal Hub?

Just trying think how I should use the voucher, as I don't want to order extra Podium Paddle Modules now if they might come as a package later.

3) Also you mentioned that the Podium Wheel Adaptor is not quite the same as a Universal Hub due to its modularity. Are you able to elaborate on this? Will there be a separate Podium Button Hub option (other than the Porsche GT3 button plate) similar to the Universal Hub that can be used between the Wheel Adaptor & Wheel + Paddle Module?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

• I don't want to order extra Podium Paddle Modules now if they might come as a package later
    Same here.

I'm hoping the paddles get bundled with the FormulaV2 or the 2019LE (which is just another colorway right?).
  • I am having a mounting plate made for my DD to attach to my 8020 rig.  I have asked support what is the max length that the bolt threads can extend into the DD.  They have not responed in over a week.  I do not see this on the drawing.  It is 12 mm on the CSW-V2.5_DrillingTemplate_withoutAdapte-A4_01.pdf .

Also this safety button press on OLED would be a royal pain.  My center screen will be set between the DD and the wheel.

• @Bill Krause 

12mm, the answer is 12mm :)

"... The bottom mounts are M6, and you can only go 12mm deep into the base, so check the length of your bolts."

from other forum

• leon liuleon liu Member
    edited April 2019

there is three installation methods. i donot know does the first one work
  • The third is the best

• Does the DD1 run at 1000Hz? It is mentioned for the DD2, but not for the DD1 on the product page 
  • Does the DD1 run at 1000Hz? It is mentioned for the DD2, but not for the DD1 on the product page 
    I can't imagine they'd make a step back from the CSW V2.5, as it also runs 1000hz. With that said, official confirmation would be nice.