Podium DD unboxing - The wait is over

Comments

• good day someone also knows. how thick the tubes of the RennSport Cockpit V2 are. where the wheelbase is mounted
  • Any US based folks get their shipping notification yet?
    not me :(
    Nope. ~X(
  • No, next week.
    I hope mine is being shipped before 4/30 as promised. Still waiting and im a day 1 preorder in the USA
    Nope. ~X(
    NOPE
    Still nothing;)
  • Are the DD2's going out yet?? I was a day 1 pre-order.

No, next week.
    the two above quotes were from last Friday.  lets hope Maurice isn't pulling our legs lol.   I am upgrading to a full Fanatec setup so I have some Fanatec gear that im looking at everyday that I cant use without the wheel base lol. Would however love to see more videos while we 
    :-w   wait. 
  • Are the DD2's going out yet?? I was a day 1 pre-order.

No, next week.
    the two above quotes were from last Friday.  lets hope Maurice isn't pulling our legs lol.   I am upgrading to a full Fanatec setup so I have some Fanatec gear that im looking at everyday that I cant use without the wheel base lol. Would however love to see more videos while we 
    :-w   wait. 

The email I got from them today (in response to my same question) the rest of the orders will ship on the 30th, they did not say it will be shipped before then.
  • Ivan HruškaIvan Hruška Member
    edited April 2019
    more than DD shipping, I am waiting for F1 2019 rim announce, so I can decide which rim to choose and make one bigger order instead of few separate orders and pay multiple shippings.
    I dont know what takes so long to Fanatec, when its basically a copy of existing wheel and all they need to do is change the color. 8-|
  • more than DD shipping, I am waiting for F1 2019 rim announce, so I can decide which rim to choose and make one bigger order instead of few separate orders and pay multiple shippings.
    I dont know what takes so long to Fanatec, when its basically a copy of existing wheel and all they need to do is change the color. 8-|

Yeah I'm also waiting for them to say something about that Porsche Rim. This silence doesn't mean any good I guess...
  • edited April 2019
    on the gt planet forum a guys said fanatec responded that they have not yet started shipping in the US
  • Weird we always get told DD1 and DD2 will be IN OUR HOUSE before april and after will ship on april 30th... confusing :o
  • Weird we always get told DD1 and DD2 will be IN OUR HOUSE before april and after will ship on april 30th... confusing :o
    Thomas said in the original post "We will deliver all pre-orders of the first batch on or before April 30th, as promised". That tells me I should have my day 1 pre-order DD2 by or before the 30th. Not sure why there has been conflicting information.
  • You can not push a rope. ;-)
  • This is a question I haven't seen asked and if i missed it, i apologize but I am hoping I can get an answer.

I really love the blue PS4 Formula Rim but I am strictly on PC and so my questions is ... will the Blue Formula Rim be available for purchase as a standalone item without the DD bundle for PC Users?
    I am ready to order a Formula Rim for PC but I would hate to order the Red version and then a month or 2 later you offer the blue Formula Rim as an individual product.

Thanks for any reply :)
  • This is a question I haven't seen asked and if i missed it, i apologize but I am hoping I can get an answer.

I really love the blue PS4 Formula Rim but I am strictly on PC and so my questions is ... will the Blue Formula Rim be available for purchase as a standalone item without the DD bundle for PC Users?
    I am ready to order a Formula Rim for PC but I would hate to order the Red version and then a month or 2 later you offer the blue Formula Rim as an individual product.

Thanks for any reply :)
    no, its not planned to sell either the PS4 DD Base nor the PS4 Formula v2 Wheel seperately at this time.
  • Thanks for the reply! 
  • Ben MansillBen Mansill Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks Fanatec for posting all the recommended wheel settings, fantastic and will be very useful to many.

May I suggest these are linked on the Fanatec main site home page, perhaps as a 'game settings' item on the top menu. Or maybe under support/FAQ.

Otherwise over time these will be spread out with other posts here over time and be harder to find. Many Fanatec users also may not know this part of the site exists, or has such useful company provided info.

Good work all.
  • I ran into two big problems with the shipping delays. Firstly, in December 2018, I sold my Wheelbase too early and then had to buy a used CSW V1 for the time until the eventual delivery of the DD1. Now my CSW V1 broke down :(( . I already contacted the support, but I think it's a mechanical problem. Consequently I really need to get my DD1 asap. BTW, I'm one of the guys who pre-ordered on day one. I wish us all the best with the deliveries!!
  • Thanks Fanatec for posting all the recommended wheel settings, fantastic and will be very useful to many.

May I suggest these are linked on the Fanatec main site home page, perhaps as a 'game settings' item on the top menu. Or maybe under support/FAQ.

Otherwise over time these will be spread out with other posts here over time and be harder to find. Many Fanatec users also may not know this part of the site exists, or has such useful company provided info.

Good work all.
    where are these setting on the site currently?
  • Thanks Fanatec for posting all the recommended wheel settings, fantastic and will be very useful to many.

Good work all.
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/Racing_Sims_Racing_Games

Good work all.
    https://www.fanatec.com/forum/categories/Racing_Sims_Racing_Games

TY Hristo.

• Has anyone hooked up the PS4 DD to a Playseat F1? I want to know if the rig is solid enough to handle direct drive! Im a fan of the Formula driving position and there aren't many non DIY rigs in the market for me!
  • more than DD shipping, I am waiting for F1 2019 rim announce, so I can decide which rim to choose and make one bigger order instead of few separate orders and pay multiple shippings.

Go to 3:35 in this video and you will see what I believe is a "still in development" 2019 F1 rim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUGD7MUtgH0
  • That was posted last week matey, think most of us saw that easter egg
  • THE DAY HAS COME! I will get my wheel today from UPS. A delivery of 47KG's - I cant wait :D I stayed home from work just to sit here anticipating like a kid :D

Impressions will be posted soon thereafter
  • Every time I've done that, the item shows up in the evening... :)
  • edited April 2019
    Thanks Fanatec for posting all the recommended wheel settings, fantastic and will be very useful to many.

Good work all.

Excellent !!! Thanks