Introducing the new ClubSport F1 2019 Steering Wheel - Limited Edition UPDATE

Comments

• edited April 26
    If I place the digital version of "F1 2019" in my cart, the shipping costs double, is it possible to fix that before I order ? I just say..
    Hi Fanatec, is it possible to have an answer to the shipping cost wich increases when I place the digital version of "F1 2019" in my cart ?

Because I would like to order.

Thank you.
  • I wish I had the Podium base because that wheel rim is sweet. Great work Fanatec.

Keith.
  • edited April 26
    More details can be found in the newsletter we sent to customers today and will be revealed in a blogpost tomorrow.
    Hi Fanatec! According to received newsletter:
    In fact, all customers are eligible for this game deal (while stocks last) when they place an order for any Fanatec steering wheel from our webshop
    In addition to my order of Podium Racing Wheel F1 I've placed an order for Porsche Wheel on the eve (Orders ID: #898013 and #942598) - so could I ask for a F1 game key (for PS4) or have I placed my order too early and lost terms of promo-action?
  • More details can be found in the newsletter we sent to customers today and will be revealed in a blogpost tomorrow.
    Hi Fanatec! According to received newsletter:
    In fact, all customers are eligible for this game deal (while stocks last) when they place an order for any Fanatec steering wheel from our webshop
    In addition to my order of Podium Racing Wheel F1 I've placed an order for Porsche Wheel on the eve (Orders ID: #898013 and #942598) - so could I ask for a F1 game key (for PS4) or have I placed my order too early and lost terms of promo-action?
    I know right?

I bought a wheel last Thursday, the forumulaV2 rim to be exact.  Would love a copy of F1 2019 (already have 2018).
  • edited April 26
    Same here. Receiving Formula V2 rim today. Can I get a copy of F1 2019 PS4 ?
  • edited April 26
    It looks nice but it is too bad that all new versions of the Formula rim gets the non matching gold Advanced Paddle Module that only match the 2018 limited version.
  • It looks nice but it is too bad that all new versions of the Formula rim gets the non matching gold Advanced Paddle Module that only match the 2018 limited version.
    i agree would be nice if you could select the colour, offer a silver or black and the colour woven into the carbon because that also has gold woven into the top paddle.
  • The leather grips are appealing... but I prefer the red/black rim instead. 
    I wonder if replacement 'grips' will be sold separately at some point?
    I hope so too, seems the ugliest colour option gets leather, and the others high wearing Alcantara.
  • If I place the digital version of "F1 2019" in my cart, the shipping costs double, is it possible to fix that before I order ? I just say..
    Hi Fanatec, is it possible to have an answer to the shipping cost wich increases when I place the digital version of "F1 2019" in my cart ?

Because I would like to order.

Thank you.

Hi Mustafa, Please contact support to get help with your question.
  • I've asked to support but don't expect reply until Monday. I hope answer in the forum before, but I'll post their answer if not.
  • edited April 27
    Hate that the site crashed last year while pre-ordering the 2018 steering wheel. The 2019 is nice at first glance but doesn’t suit my rig one bit. The V2 is spot on but really don’t care about Xbox and it is a closed wheel. So another waiting game i guess? Here’s benz s. wheel for this year....will give the floor to Bottas to introduce it :smiley:
  • Hate that the site crashed last year while pre-ordering the 2018 steering wheel. The 2019 is nice at first glance but doesn’t suit my rig one bit. The V2 is spot on but really don’t care about Xbox and it is a closed wheel. So another waiting game i guess? Here’s benz s. wheel for this year....will give the floor to Bottas to introduce it :smiley:
    The 2018 Limited Edition was available several hours in Europe and even 1 1/2 days in US and the site worked well....
  • Hate that the site crashed last year while pre-ordering the 2018 steering wheel. The 2019 is nice at first glance but doesn’t suit my rig one bit. The V2 is spot on but really don’t care about Xbox and it is a closed wheel. So another waiting game i guess? Here’s benz s. wheel for this year....will give the floor to Bottas to introduce it :smiley:
    This is my nest fanatec wheel
  • Is there more metal to the 2019 vs 2018, is all the silver parts made of metal or is it only the housing back. Because 2018 LE is all plastic outside.

Br
    Bjørn
  • The shell on the back of 2019 is metal (painted).
  • Can you put an XBOX chip in it?
  • Still no reply from support regarding the shipping costs being doubled when you add on the F1 2019 game code. Anyone on here heard anything yet? I wonder how many other customers have paid shipping for a code and not realised....?
  • edited April 29
    Just spent a decent sum of money with fanatec they shipped it on the 26th I asked if they would give the me offer of f1 2019 for $1 and nope no chance. I am a tad annoyed not going to be pretend otherwise.
    Product Name Status Model Quantity Price Total
    Podium Wheel Base DD2
      - warranty: 5 years
    Shipped P WB DD2 EU 1 1,260.46€ 1,260.46€
    Podium Advanced Paddles Module EU Payment verified P APM 1 151.22€ 151.22€
    ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted Shipped CSP V3i 1 504.16€ 504.16€
    ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2 Shipped CS SWFORM V2X 1 294.08€ 294.08€
    UPS Standard shipment "No Saturday Delivery – Delivery Monday to Friday!" (Weight: 29.96kg) without VAT 44.66€
    Total incl. VAT 2,682.94€
  • edited April 29
    Ian Brown said:
    Just spent a decent sum of money with fanatec they shipped it on the 26th I asked if they would give the me offer of f1 2019 for $1 and nope no chance. I am a tad annoyed not going to be pretend otherwise.
    What do you think is going to happen, when they give it to you for 1$? Then the next guy comes around the corner and want the same. Then the next comes, then the next, and so on. And then there will be the guy who is complaining, that he don't get it, just because HE ordered now one day too early. That would be a never ending story.

So in my opinion it's absolute comprehensible that you only get it, when you order while the special's on. I understand that that's annoying for you, but that's life.
  • Ian Brown said:
    What do you think is going to happen, when they give it to you for 1$? Then the next guy comes around the corner and want the same. Then the next comes, then the next, and so on. And then there will be the guy who is complaining, that he don't get it, just because HE ordered now one day too early. That would be a never ending story.

So in my opinion it's absolute comprehensible that you only get it, when you order while the special's on. I understand that that's annoying for you, but that's life.
    This sounds about right, that whoever bought a wheel during April, should be eligible for this game promo. 
  • edited April 30
    Instant ordered from Hungary! Great looking wheel, I can't wait to arrive! 
  • I have the Formula V2. I want to know if we can buy the button caps seperately.
  • What’s the likelyhood that the new Podium universal hub will be available for preorder before Christmas?
  • I realize that the compatibility issue of using a Fanatec wheel rim with an OSW 20nM base is an ongoing topic. . I had all Fanatec gear until I went to an OSW last year (before the DD1/2 were announced). I opted to get a third party USB adapter that goes on the OSW side and am able to use the Fanatec McLaren GT3 and Forza rim on my OSW with full functionality and no problems. I do have the metal quick releases on each of the rims. There was a disclaimer on the site I ordered the adapter from indicating the use of their adapter would void my Fanatec warranty. I did so since it was most cost effective to try a $100 adapter and lose the warranty rather than buy new wheels and make my Fanatec rims obsolete. So now for my question: Is it the same for the F1 2019 v2, limited edition? If I void my own warranty, will the new rim work the same with my OSW? Or, did you encrypt the electronics so they cannot be used this way? Thank you.
  • Def the next step
  • edited May 3
    Ian Brown said: Just spent a decent sum of money with fanatec they shipped it on the 26th I asked if they would give the me offer of f1 2019 for $1 and nope no chance. I am a tad annoyed not going to be pretend otherwise.

Unfortunately this is a legal requirement of Codemasters as we
    must bundle it with a steering wheel.
  • I realize that the compatibility issue of using a Fanatec wheel rim with an OSW 20nM base is an ongoing topic. . I had all Fanatec gear until I went to an OSW last year (before the DD1/2 were announced). I opted to get a third party USB adapter that goes on the OSW side and am able to use the Fanatec McLaren GT3 and Forza rim on my OSW with full functionality and no problems. I do have the metal quick releases on each of the rims. There was a disclaimer on the site I ordered the adapter from indicating the use of their adapter would void my Fanatec warranty. I did so since it was most cost effective to try a $100 adapter and lose the warranty rather than buy new wheels and make my Fanatec rims obsolete. So now for my question: Is it the same for the F1 2019 v2, limited edition? If I void my own warranty, will the new rim work the same with my OSW? Or, did you encrypt the electronics so they cannot be used this way? Thank you.
    All steering steering wheels will be encrypted as those adapters can potentially damage the product and we have no chance to identify what caused this damage.
  • Still no reply from support regarding the shipping costs being doubled when you add on the F1 2019 game code. Anyone on here heard anything yet? I wonder how many other customers have paid shipping for a code and not realised....?
    Of course this is not intentional, and has been corrected. If anyone has inadvertently paid extra shipping costs for a game code, please contact our sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com. The team is currently very busy due to multiple product launches, but they will get back to you.
  • I've received this morning return of the shiping costs in my Paypal account.

Thank you.
  • Unfortunately this is a legal requirement of Codemasters as we must bundle it with a steering wheel. I preorder the PS4 Podium Wheel for the 2 Batch. Delivery will be 14.6.2019. When i order the F1 2019 addon for 1€ was not availible. Will i get it without do Storno and reorder again? Payment is allready done via Amazonpayment. Greetings Kai
  • edited May 3
    Still no reply from support regarding the shipping costs being doubled when you add on the F1 2019 game code. Anyone on here heard anything yet? I wonder how many other customers have paid shipping for a code and not realised....?
    Of course this is not intentional, and has been corrected. If anyone has inadvertently paid extra shipping costs for a game code, please contact our sales team via the email webshop (at) fanatec (dot) com. The team is currently very busy due to multiple product launches, but they will get back to you.

Yes, extra shipping costs refunded yesterday thanks, now back to enjoying my DD1!
  • edited May 4
    tried to order it three times when there were 300 left with no luck....European site was lock and loaded Anyways, this is history now.
    Hate that the site crashed last year while pre-ordering the 2018 steering wheel. The 2019 is nice at first glance but doesn’t suit my rig one bit. The V2 is spot on but really don’t care about Xbox and it is a closed wheel. So another waiting game i guess? Here’s benz s. wheel for this year....will give the floor to Bottas to introduce it :smiley:
    The 2018 Limited Edition was available several hours in Europe and even 1 1/2 days in US and the site worked well....
  • Please make black version of this, and i will order it in seconds
  • edited May 5
    Xbox version and I'll order in seconds...

Last two LE versions were for PS4 PC...
  • Xbox version and I'll order in seconds...

They already sell one.

They already sell one.
    Formula V2? Yes I bought that when I found out the 2019 LE was for PC PS4.  The 2018 LE, also PC PS4.  There is no open wheel formula wheel available for XBOX unless I am missing something.

They already sell one.
    Formula V2? Yes I bought that when I found out the 2019 LE was for PC PS4.  The 2018 LE, also PC PS4.  There is no open wheel formula wheel available for XBOX unless I am missing something.

They already sell one.
    I don't think you understand.  But if I am missing something, please give me a product name or a link. The video is no help.
  • DD1 and PS4 DD now in the Shop for the new Prices. But PS4 DD told Waranty only 2 Years. Error in the Discription? Greetings Kai
  • edited May 7
    For me in the description of the English website it says standard 3 year warranty in the Base and 2 year on the wheel and Paddle Module. However in the German Webshop it still says 2 years, you are right.
  • Purchased the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 on 04/27/2019 with the addition of the F1 2019 game, but is the delivery date scheduled for 06/28/2019?
    What does it mean ? Will the steering wheel only arrive after the game has been released?
    Yet at the time of the order the date was prior to the exit of the ordered DD2 (06/14/2019)
  • Purchased the ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2019 on 04/27/2019 with the addition of the F1 2019 game, but is the delivery date scheduled for 06/28/2019?
    What does it mean ? Will the steering wheel only arrive after the game has been released?
    Yet at the time of the order the date was prior to the exit of the ordered DD2 (06/14/2019)
    The F1 2019 Wheel will be delivered before the game is being released, actual shipping date according to the webshop page is 04.06.2019. You will get the game key on 28.06.2019, the system can not distinguish this and therefore shows the later date as the date for the complete order.
    The F1 2019 Wheel will be delivered before the game is being released, actual shipping date according to the webshop page is 04.06.2019. You will get the game key on 28.06.2019, the system can not distinguish this and therefore shows the later date as the date for the complete order.
    Many thanks for the information !!!!
  • @ Thomas/Dom.

Still not heard back from support or webshop with regards for overcharge on postage for the 2019 rim.  Been over 2 weeks after I had the support email conformation of question asked.
    Was so excited (and wanted to get it ordered before went tp public release) I didn't notice the double postage until got the conformation email. Only requested std delivery and ended up with a 30 Euro paypal bill. 

Understand must be a busy time for you guys, but have sent 2 emails so far and don't want to keep adding support questions/emails to the list.
    Sure it will be sorted.
  • edited May 13
    Woops, double posted this on accident.
  • edited May 13
    Ian Brown said:
    Unfortunately this is a legal requirement of Codemasters as we must bundle it with a steering wheel.
    Is there a way to get the F1 2019 deal added to orders that haven't shiped yet? I've ordered my DD1 and a wheel just over a week before the F1 2019 deal came up and my order will not be shipped until June.
  • Ian Brown said:
    Unfortunately this is a legal requirement of Codemasters as we must bundle it with a steering wheel.
    Is there a way to get the F1 2019 deal added to orders that haven't shiped yet? I've ordered my DD1 and a wheel just over a week before the F1 2019 deal came up and my order will not be shipped until June.
    Please contact support and they will best guide you on this question.
  • edited May 14
    On April 17th I've ordered a Podium Wheel Base DD1 and the CSL Elite McLaren GT3 CSQR EU. Then a bit over a week later the F1 2019 bundle was announced for new wheel orders. I opted not to cancel my order and put it trough the system again, because I didn't want to risk missing the second batch. I am wondering, since my order hasn't shipped yet, is there any way to add the F1 2019 bundle to the wheel? Kind Regards, Ruben
    Hello Ruben,

thank you for your message.

Unfortunately we are not able to make any modification ( just cancellation  is possible)
    The game key has to be ordered online.

Thank you
    Best regards / Freundliche Grüße
    So others know, you can't add the 1$ F1 2019 game deal to orders that haven't shipped yet. Bummer.
  • edited May 15

So others know, you can't add the 1$ F1 2019 game deal to orders that haven't shipped yet. Bummer.

I ordered when the offer was avail.. but surely, since its not shipped yet, you could cancel and re-order, if you want the offer?  It's not as if its completely sold out, at this moment.