Podium peripherals UPDATE: Products are now available for pre-order

Comments

• edited May 2019

Thanks! I'm holding on it for now and hopefully they have a SW patch for it. I have tested DR1 and it is similar but I have not tried on other games.  The holding torque and FFB is working just fine but just not enough road feel. 
    I'm really sorry that you have tested Podium with the worst ffb on the planet.
    Lacks of road textures is tipical of DIrt, dirt 2.0, dirt 3, dirt2, dirt 4.. toca touring.. and even formula 1.. "every version".

try to use the wheel base with "a decent title" ... not a mainstream console game.

From Codemasters:
    Specifically, these changes will affect wheel drivers. Players will now find the Suspension slider in the FFB menu set to 100. The goal here, according to Codemastes, is to “try and exhibit the behaviours that you’ve been requesting.”

The FFB has been a contentious issue in the game since its February release. Depending on wheel and setup, some sim racers found the feedback lacking, specifically in relation to what was going on down on the racing surface. For a game that now features degrading stages, it made it hard to predict what the car was going to do

while this is the first big update to the FFB, it’s definitely a work in progress and we plan to refine the feeling further.” She adds that the team is always welcoming more feedback from players to continue improvements to the system.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

but, again... Don't expect the same road textures and FFB details of "serious" Sim titles...

to play with games like this ... a t150 is more than enough.

• Attila

My setup was for Dirt Rally 2.  I followed the recommended settings from this forum but I am still not getting the vibrations that I was expecting for this unit.  I tried to tune everything both on the unit and in game but I could not get it to at least feel like the CSL V2.5 vibrations and road feel.  I know that there are mixed reactions about this device. I was reading through all the comments and they were very similar to what I have been experiencing here.  Well, if you can provide some thoughts, I would greatly appreciate it. BTW Torque key is inserted while testing and it is working fine.

SEN 540
    FF 40
    SHO 100
    ABS User Preference
    FOR 100
    SPR 100*
    DPR 100*NDP 25
    NFR 5
    BRF User Preference
    FEI 100

I am not familiar with which of these settings are used in Dirt 2.0, but for iRacing i use these settings:

SEN - Sensitivity - auto (1080) 
    FFB - Force Feedback - 100 
    SHO - Shock/Vibration - default 
    ABS - ABS - default 
    FOR - Force Effect - 100 
    SPR - Spring Effect - 0 (not used by iRacing) 
    DPR - Damper Effect - 0 (not used by iRacing) 
    NDP - Natural Damper - 15 
    NFR - Natural Friction - 5 
    FEI - FFB Intensity - 90 
  • bonjour... voilà je voudrais-vous dire que le nouveau logiciel devait arrive le 30/04/19... sa devait être la cerise sur le gâteau... maintenant on nous dit qui y'a un petit problème Et qu'on va avoir droit à une bêta test ... la bonne blague... vous devriez essayer de respecte les delai ce serai la moindre des choses merci
  • Bill KrauseBill Krause Member
    edited May 2019
    I would like to give you an update about various Podium related topics:

Podium KillSwitch

Podium Mounting Brackets

Podium Hub

Podium Software

If you have further questions, please let me know.
    Podium KillSwitch
    Thank you Thomas for your take on the kill switch.  I've enjoyed my DD! for several weeks now and do not see a need for a switch.

Podium Mounting Brackets
    I am fortunate that my JCL Sim Racing 80/20 rig came with a pivot mounting bracket to which I fabricated my own five hole DD1 .25 in aluminum plate.

Podium Hub
    The hub looks like an interesting product.  The one I'm hoping that will be on the horizon is the Podium Pedals (hopefully two pedal).  I'll have a F1 with APM which makes the third pedal redundant.

Podium Software
    My installation obscures the OLED.  Therefore I can not see the display and can not check the DD1 fan and temperature.  I was surprised to find that the "FANATEC Podium Wheel Base DD1" properties window in the PC system "Game Controllers" interlace has no information about the DD1 only the peripherals attached to the base.  It seems logical that this information for the base would be accessible through this interface.  Maybe the new yet to be named software will fix this

I am very happy with my DD1.  Looking forward to my F1 with APM.. I congratulate you and your staff during these times of high demand. 

• Is there a podium Porsche wheel coming soon? I just ordered the dd1 ps4 and want the Porsche rim in addition. The F1 sim for a $1 is tempting but disappointed would be an understatement if they rolled out a podium Porsche wheel shortly afterwards.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Is there a podium Porsche wheel coming soon? I just ordered the dd1 ps4 and want the Porsche rim in addition. The F1 sim for a $1 is tempting but disappointed would be an understatement if they rolled out a podium Porsche wheel shortly afterwards.
    I don't see a conflict between those wheeels as they have a complete different purpose. So get both :)

The Porsche wheel will be available late this year.
  • edited May 2019
    Is the Podium Software Beta still on it's way for May? :)
  • My question is a bit out of subject but How long is the warranty on the pedals? I don't see it on the description page for the Clubsport V3.

Cheers.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    My question is a bit out of subject but How long is the warranty on the pedals? I don't see it on the description page for the Clubsport V3.

Cheers.
    There is a warranty section at the bottom of the website, which applies to all products unless otherwise stated on the product page. So the EU page is here for example: https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/warranty.html
  • edited May 2019
    @Thomas Jackermeier

just want to thank you for this f1 2019 and....
    In my opinion Podium DD absolutely worth the wait :).

( sorry for the Bokeh ).

• Both it will be then. Just ordered the 918. Hopefully it doesn’t beat my DD1 PS4to the door????
  • When will the Podium software finally arrive?

• Any news about Podium Hub ?
  • When will the Podium software finally arrive?

I predict it to arrive in 1-2 months
  • Hello, here from May the 28th, still waiting info about podium hub. Did you already forget ?
  • Hello, here from May the 28th, still waiting info about podium hub. Did you already forget ?

They are getting quite good at forgetting now, but don’t worry they will come up with a really poor excuse and expect everything to be ok.
  • Oh. 28th has passed?
  • 28 May.... Podium Hub?

Waiting.....
  • edited May 2019
    3,5 hours left for 28.5 in Germany.
  • Waiting...  8->
  • Behind schedule, nothing new tho.
  • Maybe we try again 28/05 2020 :)
  • It's a shame that there is no Comment from Fanatec!
  • Whelp..
  • hello no longer look for the name of the new software. Fanatec delay or postponement
  • Hello What will be great with the new driver, have the ability to give a name to the setting the fame Setup 1 -> GTSport Setup 2 -> Dirt Rally Setup 3 -> ACC Setup 4 -> Pcars 2 Setup 5 -> Test and again thanks to fanatec for the high quality of DD PS4 ???? Merci Cordialement
  • Hello What will be great with the new driver, have the ability to give a name to the setting the fame Setup 1 -> GTSport Setup 2 -> Dirt Rally Setup 3 -> ACC Setup 4 -> Pcars 2 Setup 5 -> Test and again thanks to fanatec for the high quality of DD PS4 ????
  • i really dislike getting teased with a date just to find out that it is another date/Deadline which fanatec does not want to hold.

i really like your products but this teasing theatre is really poor. Maybe think about just releasing things when you think they are ready to go live without teasing. If that happens one or two times, i'd say okey, that can happen. But now it seems that it is not an exeption but more of a generel rule.

That's just really disapointing and is a good way to annoy your customers.