Symptom: High friction when connecting or removing wheels from wheel bases

The Quick Release shafts on all Fanatec wheel bases (CSL, ClubSport, and Podium Series) share the same basic design, so this advice applies to all bases. The Podium Series has an improved system that incorporates an expandable rubber gasket, which can result in higher levels of friction and may require additional lubrication. We recommend using a dielectric grease which rubber and plastic friendly, such as this CRC Silicone Grease.

Comments

• can i use the silicone grease provided for the v3 pedals?
  • I'm curious about that too. Is the grease in V3 box suitable?
    I believe that is lithium grease.

Different stuff.
    The lithium grease provided with the V3 pedals is not suitable, as it is petroleum based, which could harm the rubber in the long term.
  • If you have a hard time finding the CRC silicone grease. PTFE silicone lube from Muc Off or Finish Line is also great for ORings.
  • should it be put on the dd1 rubber OR in the inner part of the steering wheel quickrelease?
  • I always apply to the rubber and try to avoid getting lube on the components inside the QR.
  • I also found that when the wheel is installed correctly (take up the slack on the QR before putting wheel on) that there is a ton of friction, taking it off too. I have a tub of this used for seals on my motorbike/car etc https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fuchs-Renolit-Rubber-Grease-Components/dp/B00TQTESHM/ref=sr_1_16?keywords=red+rubber+grease&qid=1557994504&s=automotive&sr=1-16

works a treat!
  • Looks like good stuff, thanks for the link Joel, just bought some.
  • I would like to hear an official recommendation from Fanatec. I really need a lot of force to install a rim so the usage of a lubricant isn't optional imho if I don't want to scratch or damage something. So please Fanatec, exercise your responsibility. Thanks in advance!
  • I would like to hear an official recommendation from Fanatec. I really need a lot of force to install a rim so the usage of a lubricant isn't optional imho if I don't want to scratch or damage something. So please Fanatec, exercise your responsibility. Thanks in advance!
    Our official recommendation is the original post in this thread. Any silicone grease should be suitable.

• Our official recommendation is the original post in this thread. Any silicone grease should be suitable.
    Oh, sorry. I misread that. Well, in fear of the recently postet "I don't get the rim off"-problem, I bought LIQUI MOLY 3312 Silicone-Grease and LIQUI MOLY 7389 Pro-Line Silicone-Spray in my panic last weekend. ;) I will follow your reommendation and try the grease first. Thanks for your posting!

• Our official recommendation is the original post in this thread. Any silicone grease should be suitable.
    Oh, sorry. I misread that. Well, in fear of the recently postet "I don't get the rim off"-problem, I bought LIQUI MOLY 3312 Silicone-Grease and LIQUI MOLY 7389 Pro-Line Silicone-Spray in my panic last weekend. ;) I will follow your reommendation and try the grease first. Thanks for your posting!
    afaik the Liqui Moly 3312 Silicon-Grease should be fine as its a dielectric one.