New Formula V2 not accepting firmware update.

I am having issues installing the latest firmware update on my new Formula V2 wheel.

I am using a CSW V2.0 wheel base. I have upgraded the CSW 2.0 to the latest PC Driver and Firmware. I am using only a PC (no PlayStation or Xbox is involved).

With the Formula V2 mounted to the CSW 2.0......

In the the Fanatec Control Panel I select Properties. I am prompted that the Formula V2 wheel's firmware needs to be updated. I select "OK" (the firmware upgrade does not appear just the prompt saying it need upgrading). After selecting "OK" the Fanatec software  completely closes. The "F" logo on the wheel's screen  starts flashing and the "Start" button has a red circle rotating around it.
I wait several minutes and nothing happens. I end up having to power off the CSW. I go back into the Fanatec Control panel and the CSW does not show. I have restart my PC before the CSW show in the Fanatec Control panel.

I mounted my Formula Black wheel and my Porsche 918 wheel/USB Hub and I am able to get into the "Properties" of each of those wheels in the Fanatec Control Panel, so I am thinking there might be an issue with the Formula V2 wheel?

I have emailed Fanatec support but have not received a respond yet.

Anyone seen this problem? Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• edited June 2019
    This sounds to me like a communication issue between PC and wheel base. What Windows version are you using? Have you logged in as Administrator? Have you installed the Fanatec driver using Admin rights? Is the wheel connected to a USB2 port, preferably on the backside of the PC?

Often when you are upgrading the firmware, Windows first has to install a specific extra driver before it is able to do the firmware upgrade. Only after that installation (+reboot of Windows), it will work.

If the firmware update via the driver is still not working, you could also try the other method of (when the wheel base is connected to PC and switched on) pressing and holding the wheel base power button until it switches to bootloader mode (LEDs of power button turn blue). This should start the firmware updater in Windows automatically.
  • Mark PhillipsMark Phillips Member
    edited June 2019
    I will double check all your suggestions and see. I do believe the wheel base is plugged into a USB3 not a USB2.

I am running Windows 10 Home x64. I will certainly tey your suggestions.

The CSW V2.0 does fully support the Formula V2 doesn't it?

From your experience, how ling does it usually take for Fanatec  Support to respond to a Support request? I emailed a support request (via the Fanatec support page) over 48 hours ago (received notification for the ticket a few minutes after submitting it 6/12/19). As of this morning (6/14/19) I have not received any response... is this the norm?

Thank you very much for responding.

• I will double check all your suggestions and see. I do believe the wheel base is plugged into a USB3 not a USB2.

I am running Windows 10 Home x64. I will certainly tey your suggestions.

The CSW V2.0 does fully support the Formula V2 doesn't it?

From your experience, how ling does it usually take for Fanatec  Support to respond to a Support request? I emailed a support request (via the Fanatec support page) over 48 hours ago (received notification for the ticket a few minutes after submitting it 6/12/19). As of this morning (6/14/19) I have not received any response... is this the norm?

Thank you very much for responding.

Yes the Formula V2 is fully compatible with the CSW v2.

BTW I'm not 100% sure whether the firmware updater that you'll get with the method I described above also allows you to update the Formula V2 firmware, so you'll have to find out that one yourself. 
    Did you update the wheel base to the latest firmware included in the driver that is compatible with the Formula V2 (v334 or later)?

I know that Fanatec Support is currently very busy, so the normal response time of 2-3 working days may not be met. If it takes longer than a week, please report back.
  • Yes, I did hear back from Fanatec support. They requested I double check all my connections (USB, wheel etc..) and try the firmware update on a different PC. Which I am in the process of doing.

I updated the CSW V2.0 with ver 328 and attempted to update the V2 wheel with 334. Am I assuming correctly, the firmware for the CSW wheel base and the firmware for the Formula V2 wheel are separate pieces of software?

Thank you.

• Yes, I did hear back from Fanatec support. They requested I double check all my connections (USB, wheel etc..) and try the firmware update on a different PC. Which I am in the process of doing.

I updated the CSW V2.0 with ver 328 and attempted to update the V2 wheel with 334. Am I assuming correctly, the firmware for the CSW wheel base and the firmware for the Formula V2 wheel are separate pieces of software?

Thank you.

The wheel base and wheel/rim have different firmwares (different electronics) so their versions will be different. So the v334 driver did not have a newer wheel base firmware than v328 (it didn't tell you that there was a newer wheel base firmware available)?

It's good to try the update on a different PC to make sure that there isn't something in the USB/driver configuration of your own PC that is blocking the wheel firmware update. Since the wheel base firmware worked OK, though, I don't think that this is the case but you never know.

• I have the same problem.

Wheel Base: DD1
    Steering Wheel:Formula V2
    Driver Version: v346
    Base FW Version: v662
    Wheel FW Version: 27
    Motor FW Version: v30

I can't upgrade Formula V2 firmware from v27 to v28.
    The update window does not appear. I tried with 336, 346 drivers but it doesn't work.

Help please!