FFB forcing full lock at start of race.

I'm using a CSW v2.5 with the F1 rim. At the start of a race, when nearing the optimal rpm and shifting into 1st gear, my wheel is violently snapping full rotation to the right until I release the clutch. I have no other issues within this game, or any other games.

Anyone know a way to stop it from doing this?

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Have you checked the calibration in the Fanatec Driver window? Try re-centering calibration. 
  • Checked the drivers and done a recalibration but it hasn't sorted it. The wheel is performing normally and has no issues other than at the start. Once the car actually pulls away it stops being forced all the way right and the game is perfectly playable, except getting the worlds worst start and a potential wrist injury.
    Which game is this happening with? Have you tried other games to see if it is an isolated issue?
  • It's just in F1 2019. No issues anywhere else.
    Did you run the wheel calibration in F1 2019?
  • I have the same in F1 2019, but I think it is only in ranked online races or online races. 

I didn't recognize this behaviour in carreer mode. So I think it is an issue of the game itself. No problem of the wheel base or wheel.

Wb 2.5, F1 2019 rim, v3 pedals
  • So it appears to be an issue with the 'Race Start' gameplay setting. I had it on 'Manual' and after changing it to 'Assisted' the steering wheel is no longer going full lock. Not ideal but the start of a race is now playable so that's nice. I've posted over on the codemaster forums too but no reply there.

I have the same in F1 2019, but I think it is only in ranked online races or online races. 

I didn't recognize this behaviour in carreer mode. So I think it is an issue of the game itself. No problem of the wheel base or wheel.

Wb 2.5, F1 2019 rim, v3 pedals
    Do you play with the assist i mentioned on Assisted in single player? The online lobies you have been playing in may have it set to manual and that's why you are getting the same problems but only online.
  • No I have the glutch on hold manually. No assist entered for race start in single player. 

For multi player I have to chek, but I also start with glutch on hold at the wheel like in single player.
  • This is a massive game issue actually and is reported since the very first beta... Codemasters needs to fix this asap but personally I don't have any hope... DO NOT use your DD with 100% FFB in Compatibility mode as it only happens in comp mode when it's emulating a CSW. Seems to be a CSW specific problem. In PC mode the issue is not there.
  • Torben JensenTorben Jensen Member
    edited July 2019
    Apparently this issue will be addressed in the upcoming 1.5 update due out in a week or two. Out now
    Source is 

Probably on Codemasters site too but can't get there from work

• That patch was released yesterday for PC and today for PS4 and Xbox One.