Round 1 Wheel Rim for ClubSport Wheel

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
And here is the next one: Say hello to the ROUND 1 WHEEL RIM for your ClubSport wheel.

A
lot of people are waiting for small, round and light GT rim and here it
is. Fine, smooth leather, plenty of buttons and a diameter of just 270
mm.
Available this summer for 349,95 Euro / USD (incl. tax / excl. tax)

Do you already see where we are going? ;-)  We have still not shown you everything so what do you think will be next?

Comments

• Considering there's Playstation buttons on it I assume it will be compatible on PS4...which I guess is great for CSW users. Like I said in a previous post, so far all the Porsches wheel users are pretty much screwed.
  • Xbox rim next? or even a new base :)
  • Drew DuncanDrew Duncan Member
    edited May 2014
    Stephen and all Xbox users, please stop asking for XBone wheels, it's super annoying to see it mentioned everywhere. Read their blog post here as to why you don't have a wheel: http://us.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/85/xbox-one-compatibility-faq-and-poll#latest

According to that post, Fanatec hasn't even started development on a new wheel because Microsoft is currently focused on large volume 3rd party vendors like Mad Catz. While it will likely be a while until they are ready to announce something, when the time comes it will be announced on this blog and on Facebook.

With Fanatec's recent ridiculous prices, I just don't understand why any console gamers would drop more than the cost of an XBone to play the only racing game you currently have access to.
  • You've got my attention now Thomas. Don't really want those Playstation buttons if I'm using PC though, I take it they're removable or you can order it without them?
  • This is a wheel I will get when it's ready for sale - well done Thomas :)
  • Stephen and all Xbox users, please stop asking for XBone wheels, it's super annoying to see it mentioned everywhere. Read their blog post here as to why you don't have a wheel: http://us.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/85/xbox-one-compatibility-faq-and-poll#latest

According to that post, Fanatec hasn't even started development on a new wheel because Microsoft is currently focused on large volume 3rd party vendors like Mad Catz. While it will likely be a while until they are ready to announce something, when the time comes it will be announced on this blog and on Facebook. In the meantime, sit tight and play the only racing game that you have, Forza 5.

With Fanatec's recent ridiculous prices, I don't understand why any of you console gamers would drop more than the cost of an XBone to play the only racing game you currently have access to.
    lol..one second...
    Fanatec posted this wheel and said 'what do you think is next?'
    As this wheel is clearly a PS4 rim then my guess would be something for Xbox One or a completely new base.
    Just because Thomas has previously said nothing is on the cards for Xbox One, doesn't mean it isn't..there are such things as NDA's ;)

I'm not a console racer thanks :) I got rid of Forza 5 after a few weeks as it was naff ;)
  • You've got my attention now Thomas. Don't really want those Playstation buttons if I'm using PC though, I take it they're removable or you can order it without them?
    The buttons dont look great IMO, but then I dont think I'd want a wheel this small personally
  • Wenn die PS4 das CSW unterstützt, is das Teil gekauft. Erneute Glanzleistung Thomas! Alcantara würde mir zwar noch besser gefallen, aber auf jeden Fall ist es auch so ein geiles Teil. Haben will...  :D
  • Maybe we can swap the rim out, which is why the button cluster is separate :)
  • :)>-  Come to daddy!  :O)
  • @Stephen
    Fair enough. My apologies.

As insinuated by the picture the next announcement will likely be PS3/4 related. I'm guessing that more information will be posted on what it is that is hidden behind the wheel.
  • So can you remove the buttons? I would not want playstation buttons adding weight and looking arcady...OR...can you perhapse remove the wheel rim itself?
  • Looks great, PS4 announcement soon?
  • Matt FergusonMatt Ferguson Member
    edited May 2014
    Come on - Round "1" with a  detachable console button module.....hmmmmm.......I think an Xbox "One" button module  is next!
  • finally something practical how long till the summer and when is it for sale in australia ?
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited May 2014

:)>-  Come to daddy!  :O)

Your a more dedicated Fanatec User than I am Frans. Sadly enough none of the new rims are appealing enough for me to buy at this moment in time.

• edited May 2014
    Next rim will be a lightweight authentic Rally rim .............   :-?
  • C'mon Thomas, please tell us if our CSR Elite will work with PS4?? It's very important for us to know. After all if it doesn't work will need to sell it, and that will to tough if it's not working with PS4.
  • Nice wheel....but very expensive
    :-??
  • Yes! That's more like it.

If you'd said you were producing wheels for all occasions we may have been more patient in earlier criticisms (for the Classic, Carbon Formula & NASCAR wheels)

Now it's all making sense!

Prices are a bit sharp though it has to be said... In this company the original GT rim looks like great value and I never thought I would say that...
  • And why do we have to pay quite a bit more in Europe (EUR prive vs Dollar price)?

A bit strange considering you are a Eurpean company....
  • C'mon Thomas, please tell us if our CSR Elite will work with PS4?? It's very important for us to know. After all if it doesn't work will need to sell it, and that will to tough if it's not working with PS4.
    As soon as information is available it will be shared. No information now means there is nothing definitve yet, and these things are usually under heavy NDA until finished.
    As soon as information is available it will be shared. No information now means there is nothing definitve yet, and these things are usually under heavy NDA until finished.
    Thx Remco, I am just trying to figure out what my next move will be, selling CSR Elite (which I adore), buying T500 instead, or something new from Fanatec. I don't have that much money to send in once, so I need to plan my purchases ahead.
  • Steve FarrellSteve Farrell Member
    edited May 2014
    The only problem I have with that is where those buttons are behind the wheel. They wouldnt be easily accessable while driving.

Please at least have one new wheel (not just a rim) announcement soon.

• And why do we have to pay quite a bit more in Europe (EUR prive vs Dollar price)?

A bit strange considering you are a Eurpean company....
    The dollar price excludes tax (VAT)
  • Attila UjvariAttila Ujvari Member
    edited May 2014
    Now we are talking! That's a 100% buy for me when it is out. I just don't like the PlayStation buttons on the top, since I recently only play on PC...but that's a pity.

I love the buttons on the front and the small paddle shifters.
  • Das ist mal eine coole Idee. 
  • clients csr, csr elite and porsche have been abandoned?
  • clients csr, csr elite and porsche have been abandoned?
    Not sure what you mean? They still get support if needed and you can still buy all wheels except the CSRE which has been discontinued some time ago already. Porsche and CSR wheels are not going to get new rims (never were), so I'm not sure where the impression of abandonment comes from?
  • Mark FisherMark Fisher Member
    edited May 2014
    Looking at that design you could put any 3rd party rim you wanted on and still have the buttons, first wheel which has made me sit up and take notice :-) imagine the wheel missing and that is your universal Fanatec base QR Hub with electronics built in. Now some SLI type fitment on the hub as an add on .........