DD2 with formula V2 and podium paddles- freezes in Xbox mode

Hi all,

finally got the package and setting up ok. All was fine until I updated the firmware for the Podium module - 336 Beta.

Formula V2 wheel, DD2 base and motor firmware up to date.

Problem is when I cycle through the modes when it gets to xbox mode everything dies - the wheel Screen just has the Fanatec F on it.  No response from the wheel (any buttons or combo buttons to switch modes) or the base (even the power button stops working).  

Only way to get it all back is to unplug the power, which I am not happy with.

PC is win 10.

Anyone else seen this or have any suggestions?

Also, is it normal for the wheel base to show up twice as controller, this never happened with the old clubsport.

Comments

• Yes, its absolutely normal that it shows twice. Its the same for CSW v2.5 and CSL Elite Wheel Base+ since a few years already. Its because one USB device cant handle all the many buttons and features of the Fanatec Wheels.

Regarding freeze in Xbox mode I experienced the same some times, but not every time. Is this 100% reproducible for you every time?
  • Yes, it does it every time.  All i can do is unplug wheel from pc before i change through the xbox mode from compatibility mode back to pc mode.  

Not great.
  • Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Hi Damian,

Thanks for your feedback. It is something we plan to address in a future firmware update.
  • Hi Damian,

Thanks for your feedback. It is something we plan to address in a future firmware update.
    Has the root cause been identified? This is an issue I'm very interested in following until fixed. Thanks!
  • damian shawdamian shaw Member
    edited August 2019
    Direction from support is to send the wheel back for checking, since Im in Australia and a long way from the single support centre here I am not yet willing to do that.

It must be a APM firmware vs win 10 problem as the wheel cycles through modes fine when it is not connected to pc.

Dominic - are you saying t is a known issue?  When will it be addressed?
    Hi Damian,

• Anybody? 

In addition once the podium paddle firmware is installed it appears it does not allow one to use other wheels (without paddles)

if i try to use my GT clubsport wheel then everytime the fanatec software is started it freezes instantly.