CSW 2.5 very loud fans

I just got a 2.5 today, upgrading from a CSL Elite. I was disappointed to find that the fans are even louder on the 2.5 than the CSL E (which was already pretty loud). In particular, when the back fan kicks in after driving for a while, it sounds like someone is whistling or blowing into an empty bottle -- it's not just white noise, it has a distinct note that cuts through the sound of my sim. 

Are they all like this? 

Comments

• Oh and no, it's not the coil whine some firmware versions cause, it's 100% from the fan. 
  • I have narrowed it down to the rear fan vibrating like crazy. Can Fanatec send me a replacement rear fan? 
  • I have narrowed it down to the rear fan vibrating like crazy. Can Fanatec send me a replacement rear fan? 
    Contact Fanatec Support through te website or chat, there should be no problems sending you a fan.
  • Update for posterity: Got a new fan from Fanatec and it's much quieter! 
  • Hi Eric i have also the problem with the back fan. you can hear it clearly spin up and down when needed.
  • I also have the fan that sounds like a jet engine. So noisy that my wife can hear downstairs. I will contact support to get a new fan sent too. Sorry to hear that I am not the only one. You would think that this would get checked during QC.