Mclaren GT3 Wheel Programming

Hi,
I have a DD1, CSL Pedals (LC) and the Mclaren GT3 wheel. Amazing racing last night on Project cars last night on the Xbox.
One question I have is the about programming the wheel to custom inputs.

The toggle switches I thought would be ideal for the brake bias adjustment. But when I change these to that function it then effects my brake and throttle etc. Am i doing something wrong?

Cheers

Oli

Comments

• Frank FishFrank Fish Member
    edited August 2019
    It isn't anything you are doing incorrectly.  Those buttons aren't supported using the Xbox versions of Fanatec products.  I know because that specific issue used to frustrate me when using PC2 on XB1 compared to PS4.  From my experience, the PS4 OS registers separate inputs for the pedals & shifter paddles, which allows you to then map those wheel face buttons in game to various functions (L1/R1/L2/R2).  Even the PS4 can't make use of both toggle switches from the McLaren rim since they both come up as L2/R2 in the PS4, but at least I can use one of them.  Anyway; unfortunately, in the XB1 OS the gas and brake are hard mapped to LT/RT and the same for LB/RB and the shifters.  So you are unable to make use of the LB/RB (unless you run automatic transmission) and LT/RT wheel face buttons as separate inputs.  I spoke to Fanatec support about this last year and they confirmed it is a Microsoft limitation in how the XB1 OS supports Fanatec products.  [shrugs].  Maybe it will be better on the next Xbox.  One can hope.