clicking noise when turning F1 Wheel to left

[email protected],

does someone of you have the same Issue with the CSL Elite F1 Wheel for PS4? 
Sometimes, not always, it makes this click sound when turning it to left, never heard that when turning to right. But on the left side it happens sometimes, then i disconnect the Wheel, clean it with my Gloves, connect it, and the noise has gone for some time.
While playing it appears again, but as i wrote not all the time!
This is really strange.
Can someone tell me the torque for the screws which are inside the Wheel QuickRelease connector, there are 4 of them and i saw that 1 was very loose so i tighten it a bit, i don't want to damage something.

And what do you think about the noise? Any Idea???

thanks in advance
philipp

Comments

• The screws in the QR connector should not be tightened too fast, as that may lead to the connector not fitting well on the base hub anymore. I don't think that there is an official maximum torque specified by Fanatec for this.

As for the clicking noise, have you been able to identify whether the clicking noise is coming from the wheel or from the wheel base? I would expect it's coming from the wheel base, in which case I would recommend contacting Fanatec Support as that may need to be looked into to prevent unwanted wear of the internals of the wheel base.
  • hi,
    thanks for your response.
    i tightened the screw(s) really soft and it still fits good to the Base :)

i could not identify the signal source at the moment, yesterday i used it for about 3 hours and there was no clicking, hmmm
    i will monitor this and if it appears again i will not change anything and check where the noise is coming from.

hopefully there is no damage inside the WheelBase, otherwise i have to contact them, but i am afraid that if i have to send it back it will take a long time without simRacing ;) 

Philipp
  • 5 Nm should be a good max torque for these screws. And I would recommend using Loctite (the blue one) as well, to make sure that the screws stay tightened.
  • just to give feedback, yesterday i played with some friends hours and there was no sound that makes me nervous ;)
    i tighten the screws with 4nm and did not glue them, i will check it sometimes but at the moment i am happy and i guess/hope the problem is solved :) Maybe the solution was to use Fanatec recommend settings for all the Games i own :) much softer with the Feedback as default settings
    philipp