Import charges to the UK

Hello, can anyone tell me if I make an order from fanatec with there be any import charges on top of the purchase price and delivery? Thanks.

Comments

• I've never heard of this (forum, email support, Fanatec themselves), so I don't think so. But I'm not in the UK so no first-hand experience.
  • Hello, can anyone tell me if I make an order from fanatec with there be any import charges on top of the purchase price and delivery? Thanks.
    No, we remain part of the EU (for now at least!) which is a single market so no additional duties apply.
  • Thank you for the clarification Gary, I'm not sure where it would be coming from. Thanks again. Tony
  • What I understand is that Brexit will take place tomorrow formally. And since the UK are leaving with and exit-agreement (soft Brexit) there is no sudden stop of goods at the border. The UK and EU are still negiotiating a new trade agreement and they have given themselves until the end of this year to get this agreed in both parliaments.

So there is a transition period until January 1st 2021. Until then not a lot will change for companies that do business in the UK. There is still a chance of a hard brexit if the UK and the EU do not reach an agreement before that date. Bloomberg still estimates that as a 50% likely scenario: https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-01-21/no-deal-brexit-is-back-as-a-real-possibility

• Hey i put in my order going from Logitech to fanatec as my big step up now that the CSL DD is out. I got the confirmation this morning that my 600euro order has not only got the 33euro fanatec delivery charge but also an import charge of £123.04 from ups.