Installing CSL Elite Wheel Base on 80 20 rig

Can anyone explain how to attach the CSL Elite Wheel Base to a JCL Seat?   Is an adapter plate required? 

Comments

• Dominic BrennanDominic Brennan Member, Administrator
    Hi Mike,

It says that it has support for Fanatec bases, so I assume that it comes with the relevant brackets that allow you to create the triangular (three-hole) mounting pattern of the CSL Elite wheel bases, but it is not shown in the pictures. (It looks like the four small L-shaped brackets in that picture would be able to mount a ClubSport wheel base with its angle bracket that has four holes, but the CSL doesn't have this option.)

I recommend that you contact the manufacturer to verify that it comes with brackets for the Fanatec three-hole pattern.
  • thanks, that must be it.   

• dom, this guy is asking a question about buying your 1500 base and 1000 rig, please stop making assumptions, your tourqe key assumptions still have my wrist sore. it does not come with brand specific hardware, Mike, i have a jcl to be faster v2, it should come with all necessary hardware to mount a dd1 or 2. however i ordered a cs v2.5 20 degree mount and cut it off to make a flat mounting plate. id would send you images but that is difficult here. message me on discord and u can see pictures. i have thoughts on these subjects because i have owned about everything in 15yrs of buying and breaking stuff in for people.
  • Thanks Aaron, I guess that's what I was thinking, that I would need to get some kind of plate fabricated to connect the to the wheel and then to the 80/20
  • https://discord.gg/FyJG8Yu here a look at out rigs, please ask away, i have jcl my brother has a 4playracing. please message our discord see the pics i posted and we can speak futher . i think what continent you are on dictates which 80/20 rig u should buy
  • Aaron ScottAaron Scott Member
    edited August 2019
    we bought what was easier to get in N.America. both are better than a playseat ,but if in EU i would go with a simlabs, 4playracing has all new rigs modeled after simlabs if you're in N.America. 4playracing is available thru Ebay.
  • Thanks Aaron, I guess that's what I was thinking, that I would need to get some kind of plate fabricated to connect the to the wheel and then to the 80/20
    Mike, i updated the discord with images of both the dd1, csl and also just the plate.
  • Thanks Aaron.  We got a plate made to adapt the wheel base to the 80 20
  • Thanks Aaron.  We got a plate made to adapt the wheel base to the 80 20
    my pleasure.