Fanatec V3 pedals overly sensative in game.

I'm having issues with the V3 inverted brakes in iRacing. The external calibration works fine. I have a small dead band at the bottom of the brake travel and I press the pedal as hard as I can and set the max. They work fine in that respect. They also have always worked fine with Gran Turismo.

The problem arises when I go to drive in iRacing where it is like there is some kind of magnification on the brakes (brake assist IS off).. About half brake travel is full on lockup on the brakes no matter where I set the brake bias at. The internal calibration on iRacing is rather generic and only tests a preset range it seems.

Anyone else run into this issue and what has been done to remedy it?

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    What is your Brf set at? Try setting it to min 80 and see if that corrects it. What are you seeing on the In game pedal inputs?
  • What is your brake gamma/brake force factor in iracing set at.  If you are using load cell, it should be set to zero (or 1), whatever the lowest / none setting is. It varies from game to game.
  • a similar problem. the brake pedal is squeezed by 20% but the car goes into terrible slipping. BRF set to 10, in the driver the pedal is squeezed by no more than 50%, but still the car blocks the wheels.
  • a similar problem. the brake pedal is squeezed by 20% but the car goes into terrible slipping. BRF set to 10, in the driver the pedal is squeezed by no more than 50%, but still the car blocks the wheels.
    Are you also playin iRacing?
  • Are you guys using the newest driver V345? I noticed on my CSL Elite+ that they changed the scale. MAX now means --> no BRF, close to zero means --> max. BRF. I set mine to MAX and now it's fine.
  • Geri HelmGeri Helm Member
    edited December 2019

It looks like the rumble does not work in iracing for wheel spin or brake lockup.

I did download fanalab and driver v340 and it shows not available in game.

does anyone know if fanatec is working with iracing?

Thanks

• I started back on iRacing this season and I immediately noticed this (I also use the V3 inverted); I use the brake performance kit (12 green + 13 green) and it would lock up very quickly, before I get into any real resistance on the pedal...but I fixed it and it's quite simple: just forget what they recommend, set your brake force factor to at least 1.60 and not zero (mine is currently at 1.80 to 1.90 depending on car...I use the custom controls option for every car).

I'm now much better at threshold braking, been running the 23 lap F3 race at Monza nearly every day this week and barely ever lockup anymore. Your mileage may vary based on how you set your pedal resistance so play around with the values...but once you find it locks up when you have to push the pedal with a fair amount of strength, you're in the right ballpark.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    1. Make sure your driver and firmware is up to date, this is the most recent: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/1414/fanatec-beta-driver-v352-dd-performance-update-for-csl-csw-and-podium-bases-all-wheels/p1
    2. Set the in-game brake linearity setting to 0
    3. Raise the BRF setting closer to 100
    4. Either use Auto mode for the pedals in the driver or put them in manual mode and press the pedal as hard as you can while clicking on "set max"
  • Until fanalabs is on a good final release, i am using fanaleds instead. They came out with a version that supports the DD2. Very happy with that for now.