New driver version 200 and CSW firmware 53 - UPDATE

Comments

• > Marek Laul > Well, I'm not speaking in name of them. [...more useless flood...]
    Mind - your - own - business.
  • With 53 CSW doesn't work with PS3 anymore? What is this?
  • With 53 CSW doesn't work with PS3 anymore? What is this?
    What exactly isn't working? Doesn't it go in PS3 mode? Doesn't it have a FFB? Does it work in PS menu but not in the game? What? It is not very informative. I don't have currently any games installed, so can't try the games, but at least in PS3 menu, it works as it should. Maybe reinstalling the firmware helps.
  • edited July 2014
    So this driver also works for the CSR wheel?

"Improved wheel centering after boot up"

I hope this will be fixed also for the CSR wheel, i use FW756...
    as this quest is still NOT answered yet, pls:

Do we [CSR users (not Elite)] need or get at least some advantage from this new driver v200 compare to the v177!!??  THX!!
    SORRY if I do ask A SIMPLE question again, cause still not answered yet:

If you don't have their handbrake and/or usb adapter, probably not, otherwise I think they would have made it more clear. Only thing said is, that you can see what firmware your wheel currently has, so you can probably only see whether you have the latest firmware or not.
    Marek THX for ur kind reply! 
    Being a newbie using Fanatec products I was just kind of irritated by this cryptic phrase
    "Driver v200 (for all Fanatec wheels)"

• Marek LaulMarek Laul Member
    edited July 2014

Marek THX for ur kind reply! 
    Being a newbie using Fanatec products I was ust irritated by this cryptic phrase
    "Driver v200 (for all Fanatec wheels)"

Well, it is in a sense that you need a driver in order to have your wheel working with a computer. There's no point to have a separate driver for every product. It is better to have all-in-one.. As there are some new products, they needed to release a new driver that supports those too. As long as you don't have any of their latest stuff, you should be ok with the old driver too.
  • edited July 2014
    Hi all, I need help:
    firmware upgrade ok
    centering strange because FFB fight we me to center the whell, every second a little force power impulsion give me the feel that something goes wrong... but centered now...
    real problem: 
    after installing v200, reboot, even repair and reboot again, repair without plug the csw ... I have this in the properties:

idea?
    thanks
  • @Julien
    What version and where did you install it?

Someone here had the same generic windows calibration window. He had a 64bit window and I guess installing the driver to a correct folder did the trick for him. It automatically wants to install to Program Files (x86) folder, but if it is a 64bit window you have to change it to correct folder yourself (not the x86 one), If you are in the same boat, you can try it.
  • win7sp1 x64, driver v200 x64
    default install: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\
    uninstalled
    install a new time but on a created directory: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\

Working!!
    thanks for answer

Fanatec please make more tests for your products and your drivers... too much things that go wrong...

• win7sp1 x64, driver v200 x64
    default install: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\
    uninstalled
    install a new time but on a created directory: C:\Program Files\Fanatec\

Working!!
    thanks for answer

Fanatec please make more tests for your products and your drivers... too much things that go wrong...

Got the same problem and thanks to your post also got the same solution. Kind of crazy but it works. Thank you all.
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi all, I need help:
    firmware upgrade ok
    centering strange because FFB fight we me to center the whell, every second a little force power impulsion give me the feel that something goes wrong... but centered now...
    real problem: 
    after installing v200, reboot, even repair and reboot again, repair without plug the csw ... I have this in the properties:

idea?
    thanks

On the system I am on right now(Backup) I had this same screen after install of the 200 driver I tried to do a roll back to 177 then 144 before trying 200 again and once I reinstalled and yes to directory c:\Program Files (x86)\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel all worked well the CS usb adapter FW updater even worked like it should and everything is recognized properly.

So there may have been something else creating the problems other than the path and where the folder is located. Now I need to go mess with my primary system and see if I can get the wheel to run smoothly and everything recognized in the driver and wheel properties.

• I Don't like the new FW....Can I just revert to 037 as I did in the past..? Or can I fix this with the "new" updater..?

Main issue I have is in Assetto Corsa, after updating the roadfeel/slip is almost gone....Can't feel the front loose grip now..

• Firmware 053 and Driver 200 works great with Assetto Corsa and RBR.

Always used FOR = 100 because it feels just like my real car.

Thanks  Fanatec
  • I Don't like the new FW....Can I just revert to 037 as I did in the past..? Or can I fix this with the "new" updater..?

Main issue I have is in Assetto Corsa, after updating the roadfeel/slip is almost gone....Can't feel the front loose grip now..

I've fiddled a bit and i'm happy again, lowering SPR and DPR gave back some feedback ;)
  • DPR value set too high can mask subtle and weaker forces making them nonexistent.

Adding to the FOR setting discussion, and from a test I made with netKar PRO (before AC was available), setting the FFB value in game to don't clip and raising the value of FOR in the wheel, I lost any kind of detail from FFB and could clearly feel the limit of the motors even before reaching 300. With 400 one can clearly reach the limit of the motors and stress them too much with every movement on the wheel. Superior motors, even brushless ones, could have been used but it could also add to the final price...
    Maybe we can replace these motors ourselves? Not with brushless ones than need a specific ECU but with another type of brushed motors... If anyone could address this I think everyone would be happy.
    As far as the 150 limit to the FOR setting, I think a compromise of 200 for the limit could be ideal to protect the motors and also let us have some margin for amplifying games with weak FFB out of the box.
    edited July 2014
    Maybe we can replace these motors ourselves? Not with brushless ones than need a specific ECU but with another type of brushed motors... If anyone could address this I think everyone would be happy.
    There is a guy in gtplanet.net forum who have changed his to better quality (and a lot higer priced) Bühler motors. He offers his services to others who want to change theirs too. It definitely isn't cheap, because he has to modify some other parts too and also advices to add air pump (like in fish tanks) to keep it cool. So expect a price more than a half of a cost of the base. Of course Fanatec could have done it a bit cheaper, but how many sales less could Fanatec have had, if the base costs around 550-650 instead of a 450 it does now. Some would of course happily pay, some would probably take T500 instead.
  • The New driver isn´t working in my windows 7 64 bits. I did all was told here. 
  • Hi ! 
    The new firmware is unacceptable ! Where is the FFB ???
    Whether it is with Rfactor 2 ( one of the best with FFB ) or R3E or Assetto corsa i lost all details of the road.  

I was very happy with my CSW but now i'm sure not to buy any other fanatec product. Where is your serious ?? My wheel was really good before your new update, now  my CSW is not better as a simple G25 ! scandalous !

I make an error when I bought your wheel ?
  • Hi ! 
    The new firmware is unacceptable ! Where is the FFB ???
    Whether it is with Rfactor 2 ( one of the best with FFB ) or R3E or Assetto corsa i lost all details of the road.  

I was very happy with my CSW but now i'm sure not to buy any other fanatec product. Where is your serious ?? My wheel was really good before your new update, now  my CSW is not better as a simple G25 ! scandalous !

I make an error when I bought your wheel ?

I also don't like the new firmware. There is so much force that there is no feeling for the street and the grip anymore.

I rolled back to firmware 037. There I also have no limit to FOR-Setting (150 % in firmware 053) and the force is weaker but you can adjust it to your liking.

But it is sad that you can't use the newest firmware of this high-priced product. And I already mentioned in serveral pervious posts that  I find the new limit to the FOR-Setting (150 % instead of 400 %) totally unaccepable.

I made the proposal to raise the limit at 250% but this issue seems no interest nobody at FANATEC. At least there is no answer/comment on that here.

But as the new firmware is not good regarding the feeling for the steering/the drivebility a new limit to FOR-Setting won't solve the problem.

WHAT WE NEED IS A TOTALLY NEW FIRMWARE WHICH SUITS THE HIGH PRICE AND THE ABILITIES OF THE PRODUCT:
  • Marc WendlingMarc Wendling Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm thinking about buying the usb hub with the GT rim and selling my formula rim.

BUT I just saw that for the usb hub you don't only need the new Driver v200 but also the new firmware v53

That's a disqualifier for me. I won't buy anything new from FANATEC as long as  there is no new firmware
  • Are the new drivers fixing the button bindings on the CSR wheel that have been screwed up since the first CSRE/CSW wheel drivers?
    Hi
    What firmware version are you using?
    Know that prob already from my GT3 V2 - (need to update firmware to 756; with the newer drivers).
    Friend of mine got a new GT2 yesterday. He also had to update the firmware to get right button mapping with the newer driver versions.

• Okay I was able to load the FW53 and driver 200 CS usb device not detected in v200 driver Roll back Driver to v144 CS usb device is detected. With Wheel booted with a FW53 Dr v144 combo GTR2 crashes, GTL Crashes, Assetto Corsa Loads but no FFB and that is as far as I have gotten. I turn the wheel off GTR2 loads up no problem so it would seem FW53 has compatibility issues with games and Driver 200 is no good as well. I have no choice but to fully roll back and hope my universal hubs work with a FW37 Dr v144 combo. 

Hi Andrew,

please also re-install the v200 driver with all devices connected (and powered on - wheel) and check if the problem is resolved. If not, please send us a support inquiry from the support section of the website including all information you might have at hands. Problem description, screenshots, error messages and so on. We will look into it asap.

THX!

Well ATM Things are about 50/50 with my Wheel with the New Drivers and FW for my CSW. Things seem to be fine with pCARS, Assetto Corsa with possibly mild issues with a few others.

However the issues of what seems to be like disconnects or random hard jolts to the left or right that may not be generated  by the in game FFB.

This happens with most all GMotor2 based games like rF1, GSC, GTR2, GTL, Race 07, as well as other titles based on that core game engine. This is evident on 3 different PC's as well as I believe happening with my GT3rs V2 as well so I believe it to be a software related problem possibly?

I have done what you said and sent off a support request  to Johannes on Tuesday I believe and have not heard back quite yet from him. Also I tried to discuss this with Remco and he was not able to give me an answer of my issues either. While yes it would be very nice to find a cure for this issue it would also be nice to be of some help to create any kind of improvements along the way.

I am genuine when I say  I am very willing to help Fanatec in any kind of way to have the best products possible. In the most recent thread related to your 40% WC Win sale I had mentioned the need for a tradition style forum that can have a broad range of topics and even create community workshops to work through issues like mine.

I know Johannes is busy and is dedicated to the job that he does and does well but is he worn thin due to work load? A work shop may make things a little easier on him possibly. However I still look forward to any insight I can be given on any kind of direction I can head in to solve these problems. As I have said I did not have these issues with DR v144 FW 037 but remembering back to the next driver released after v144(Maybe 152 or 156?) I noticed these types of issues at that time and rolled back to v144   If v144 were to be compatible with my Uni Hub, CS USB adapter and CSS/Seq. as well as 053 That could possibly work?

Anyway Take Care and I look forward to hearing something

• This is why i hate computers. Fanatec puts tons of time into testing new firmware and drivers and problems still show up. You change one thing and it affects 100 more. It's so hard to get it perfect the first time.I'm sure they are looking into all these concerns and issues and trying to find fixes. All that being said I can't wait for my new gaming PC to arrive on Monday so I can play Assetto Corsa the way it's being designed. So what do I know. lol
  • This is why i hate computers. Fanatec puts tons of time into testing new firmware and drivers and problems still show up. You change one thing and it affects 100 more. It's so hard to get it perfect the first time.I'm sure they are looking into all these concerns and issues and trying to find fixes. All that being said I can't wait for my new gaming PC to arrive on Monday so I can play Assetto Corsa the way it's being designed. So what do I know. lol
    Thanks for the reply Chris however like I said the first time I started to notice Driver issues was with the first released driver after v144 (Possibly 152 or 156) Which was quite some time ago and that may be a good place to look as to what changes were made at that time. Still the fact you replied is a very good thing and I still think a closed forum of some sort would be good for members to discuss issues with their products or submit ideas for new products or improvements.
  • ad minad min Member
    edited July 2014
    Can I use this update for my CSR-E wheel?
    I know it says for all fanatec wheels but it also does not sate there is an updated driver on the CSR-E driver page?
  • Hey Guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help?

I've just received my CS Handbrake and have plugged it in via the CSP v2 (I do not own a Fanatec wheel). After installing this latest driver two things happen. Firstly the Fanatec USB Pedals Properties page is recognising my CSP v2 as CSR Elite pedals. And secondly when I pull on the handbrake it is not recognised at all on the handbrake on the proprties page. Instead I see a very small input on the Throttle bar. The pedals themselves seem fine.

I am using the 64 bit version of the driver on my 64 bit machine and I have reinstalled a few times trying different ways to do it without any luck. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.
  • Can I use this update for my CSR-E wheel?
    I know it says for all fanatec wheels but it also does not sate there is an updated driver on the CSR-E driver page?
    It worked perfectly on my csr-e wheel..the answer is yes.
  • Can I use this update for my CSR-E wheel?
    It worked perfectly on my csr-e wheel..the answer is yes.
    Carl, glad to hear the FW installed for you with no issues. I have a question for the moderators. Or you, Carl, if you have some insight. Are there any issues with previous driver and FW for the CSR-E that will be resolved by updating. My wheel works fine. So will there be enhancements with driver v200 and FW 53? Thanks.
    edited August 2014
    Carl, glad to hear the FW installed for you with no issues. I have a question for the moderators. Or you, Carl, if you have some insight. Are there any issues with previous driver and FW for the CSR-E that will be resolved by updating. My wheel works fine. So will there be enhancements with driver v200 and FW 53? Thanks.
    As you can read from the topic, this firmware 53 is only for CSW. You can't install it on CSR-E or whatever else wheel. Driver 200 is for computer and all wheels should work fine with it.
  • Is it possible to get the Spring back to center working in PC mode with the CSR?
  • Carl WinterCarl Winter Member
    edited August 2014
    As you can read from the topic, this firmware 53 is only for CSW. You can't install it on CSR-E or whatever else wheel. Driver 200 is for computer and all wheels should work fine with it.
    You are very correct..I did not mean that you can install the driver on the wheel..I was responding to the comment if you could see the new v200 on the computer while using the CSR-E and you can...also if you are happy with the feel of your wheel do not change.