Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited September 2015 in Blog
Landshut, Germany – 10.9.2015 - Fanatec, alongside Turn 10 Studios, announced today the newest official racing wheel for Xbox One: the Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Rim GT “Forza Motorsport.”

Designed for use on Xbox One and the newest entry in the Forza franchise, “Forza Motorsport 6,” this wheel is the real deal and with a diameter of 330mm it has the same dimensions as professional wheels used in GT racecars.

From a visual perspective, the metal wheel rim is covered with smooth, automotive grade leather and a stitched Forza Motorsport logo. In addition, the white stitching and white center stripe complete the racing-inspired theme.
Highlighting increased flexibility in personal customization, you can easily adjust all button positions or the ergonomics of the shifter paddles. A quick release system allows the opportunity to change your preferred steering wheel within seconds.

Thomas Jackermeier, CEO of Endor AG / Fanatec said: “Fanatec and Turn 10 Studios are great partners as we are both aiming for maximum realism. It is very efficient to work closely together so that our customers can get such an immersive experience.”
The ClubSport Steering Wheel GT “Forza Motorsport” will be available as a wheel rim or in combination with the Universal hub for Xbox One which is pre-configured for the Fanatec wheel. Starting at $99.95 USD, the ClubSport Steering Wheel GT “Forza Motorsport” will be available on Sept 15 in Europe, USA, Australia and Japan, at www.Fanatec.com.

Pre-order now on www.Fanatec.com

Comments

• Hi Thomas,
    Can we please have a wheel that directly attaches to the Clubsport wheel base with Xbox one functionality built in?
    I really don't like the Xbox one wheel hub plus wheel. It's not an elegant/pretty solution.

Thanks & hoping.
  • Too bad...Too late!! I know you couldn't present it sooner Thomas...but the hub wasn't drivable without a rim for 3 months...lol
  • Looks similar to the CSR-E wheel rim.  I'm sure it's a nice piece of kit.

• 2 months for a separate rim... gah  ~X(
  • Getting the handbrake to work on Xbox one would be sweet. Just saying. :-(

I now have a paperweight as the V2 doesn't work with 360 anymore.
  • So your saying all the people who have crs wheel's will have to buy a new wheel to play forza 6?
  • Wow, this company just keeps getting crappier and crappier....greedy bastards.
  • Next week Forza 6 will be released, what about the final FW version for the wheelbase V2??
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Looks like a very nice piece. Too bad I just got my GT wheel a couple of weeks ago.
  • Think i prefer my GT rim to this. It's exactly the same apart from this is leather and the GT one is suede. We need a dedicated Xbox One rim possibly a F1 rim.
  • Yup... I Just submitted a Change of order just in case they didn't upgrade me on their own... Funny thing is the Forza GT Rim and hub says it will be available 9/15 while the regular GT Rim still has a Date of 10/31.... Its a No Brainer right there Sooner is better!!!
    Also the Leather rim will Hold up much better over time with heavy use... My Porsche Rim Still looks brand new and i use it 4+ hours every day almost.
  • 2 months for a separate rim... gah  ~X(
    ??? it says 9/15   the regular GT Rim still says 10/31
  • So you'll be playing PCars with XOne hub and Forza rim in 7 days Grimey ???

Off topic...anyone tried setting the car in reverse, I ACCIDENTALLY DID, with the SQ shifter at the start of the 1st Quali race ?After you start and drive reverse...restart, set SQ in 1st and see what happens...LMOA
  • So your saying all the people who have crs wheel's will have to buy a new wheel to play forza 6?
    Yes, Microsoft is greedier than Sony.  Kinda ironic that a couple of Forza branded wheels will work with games on the PS4 but not the XBone.
  • Well....if you've been living under a rock past year, almost a year, then you would have known by now the XOne hub is the only way to play FM5 and FM6 on XOne....
    Hey M$ doesn't come cheap...LOL
  • I'll wait for a dedicated rim. I am really disappointed that the only option through fanatec is another rim for the wheel hub. I understand the logic behind customizing your own wheel but I thought that at the least we would be getting a standalone wheel. I mean if the issue is a system war it kinda defeats the purpose that we could use the wheel hub and still play the ps4. I like my BMW GT wheel and hope that we see something in the future but for now I am disappointed in this companies approach for a solution for the X Box One.
  • So you'll be playing PCars with XOne hub and Forza rim in 7 days Grimey ???

Off topic...anyone tried setting the car in reverse, I ACCIDENTALLY DID, with the SQ shifter at the start of the 1st Quali race ?After you start and drive reverse...restart, set SQ in 1st and see what happens...LMOA
    soon as i get the Hub i will be on FM6... Im not buying it until i get my XB1 hub and see some Reviews.
  • I got the Universal hub for Xbox One plus GT rim combo about two months ago. Now they have an Xbone badged rim. Why on earth did they not bundle them to begin with? No, don't bother to answer. This is getting old. I like the new rim, but won't be buying. Too bad it wasn't released with the launch of the Xbone hub.  

• $654au??? When did the prices go up so much for all the products?
    Last night. Some of the prices are absolutely ridiculous now, made me change my mind at the last minute about a CSS SQ and CSP V3 order.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    We had to adapt the prices in Australia because of the exchange rate. For a long time, the australians were paying by far the lowest prices in the world for our products and now we equalized it.

I wish we would have one world currency.
  • We had to adapt the prices in Australia because of the exchange rate. For a long time, the australians were paying by far the lowest prices in the world for our products and now we equalized it.

Damn it!! Should have pre ordered the v3 pedals! thank god got the f1 rim just in time.

I understand you have to do what you have to do but unfortunately this might be just a bit too much $ for most of us to treat ourselves to these fine products. I'll do my best to keep supporting as i love the quality/feel of the products and hope Fanatec keeps growing and providing us with fantastic products but might just have to be a bit more selective at what i purchase.

Also i know its a bit far of but what are the chances of current clubsport quick release system being implemented in future bases? (direct drive maybe?) I guess knowing that these rims would be slightly future proof would make us buyers a bit more at ease when we are thinking about spending $600+ just on a rim. (still have my eye on the 918 rim)

• We had to adapt the prices in Australia because of the exchange rate. For a long time, the australians were paying by far the lowest prices in the world for our products and now we equalized it.

Completely understandable and you have to do what you have to do.

It is just unfortunate because with other living expenses this is just too high of a price for a hobby and starts to seem a little unreasonable to your average bloke. I had my heart set on the shifter and pedals but it just breaks the bank too much with the new prices.
    I know exactly how you guys feel...we, in Europe had to deal with it about 6 months ago!!!
    Life's a B****
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    That looks gorgeous :-bd

I shall place my order after work tonight.
    I think there's something wrong with me, I can't seem to stop buying rims? :D

Now, do I buy it with or without an XBOHUB? ... I've got 3 already ... Do I need more? ... Hmmmm ... Decisions decisions!
  • Can we trade in old fanatic wheels for new ones. If not we should be able to I'm sure they could use the motors from old wheels and other parts. Fanatic don't be so greedy and make old wheels compatible with the xbone.
  • THAT has nothing to do with Fanatec being greedy. M$ licencency and M$ greed are the one to blame !!!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hey Ant
    That looks gorgeous :-bd

I shall place my order after work tonight.
    I think there's something wrong with me, I can't seem to stop buying rims? :D

Now, do I buy it with or without an XBOHUB? ... I've got 3 already ... Do I need more? ... Hmmmm ... Decisions decisions!

"Sensible slow deep voice speaking" Natalie, don't buy the rim. Get a new pair of shoes.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited September 2015
    Couple of posts back... Exchange my "new" never been used (for a variety of reasons) GT rim that I got bundled with my Xbox hub for the new soon to be released FM badged GT rim. I would consider that, and pay the difference. What are the chances? Common, Thomas. Give us long timers a break for loyalty. :-)

I just checked the wheels, they are both $100. So, I guess I could swap them out gratis and just pay the shipping. PLEASE!

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    it does look very good :)
    I remember seeing it in the E3/GamesCom videos and thought... I'd like that... And here it is :) hopefully it'll drop a little earlier than October 30th as i want it NOW :D