Fanatec live from the Simracing Expo

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
edited September 2015 in Blog
We are enjoying a great Simracing Expo at the Nürburgring which is taking place in parallel to the GT500 which starts in this minute.

iRacing teamed up with us to show the GP track and behind closed doors even the new Nordschleife for iRacing.

Later today we will have a great head to head race where race driver Michael Bartels will drive a BMW Z4 race car live against a driver of Team Redline in a Fanatec simulator on FM6. This race will be streamed LIVE here on youtube at 17.00 CET today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ42K9G8m6Y

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Any promotions to coincide with the show Thomas? *cough Clubsport Shifter SQ *cough LOL
  • If you're having issues with ipad please try iPhone. My iPad isn't working but iPhone is working flawlessly. :)
  • Watching this is awesome! Thanks Thomas. Very cool boss to have.
  • After seeing side by side no one can say Forza 6 has bad graphics. They're great imo.
  • Few issues with the feed. Be patient it comes back. Still not on iPad.
  • This was really amazing!!
  • Again I will say, THIS IS SO COOL!!!! I'm going to sim expo next year.
  • Quite impressed by Forza 6 as well...must not only be graphics that would make this soo close ;P

*I could have been there...if I knew up front *I actually had my first lap on the Nordschleife 2 weeks ago ;D

• I think this shows why real drivers are using sim to practice. And Fanatec continues to improve the realism for the professional and the hobbyist. Im sure more great improvements and products are in Fanatecs future.
  • Quite impressed by Forza 6 as well...must not only be graphics that would make this soo close ;P

*I could have been there...if I knew up front *I actually had my first lap on the Nordschleife 2 weeks ago ;D

Very cool my friend.
  • Anyone else getting no sound on the video?  I turn my speakers all the way u p and I can barely hear it.  Other programs work fine.
  • I had that on iPad but iPhone and PC were fine.
  • edited September 2015
    Quite impressed by Forza 6 as well...must not only be graphics that would make this soo close ;P

I am Struggling with FM6!!! if i turn the Wheel 1/4th a turn the car wants to spin out or just Push forward!!! Ive even set the in Game DOR to 900 and on wheel setting to AUT... Every Slight turn of the wheel send the car into a slide or spin... It Feels like the DOR is less than 270... What FW am i supposed to be on for FM6 im using  FW94 from Driver 219.

Edit: in the Video look at the Real Drivers hands when he's making a turn then look at the Sim Racers Hands Arms in the Same Turn He is barely Moving>>> IMO FM6 Needs more DOR... I cant make a Turn without spinning the car or Sliding.

I am Struggling with FM6!!! if i turn the Wheel 1/4th a turn the car wants to spin out or just Push forward!!! Ive even set the in Game DOR to 900 and on wheel setting to AUT... Every Slight turn of the wheel send the car into a slide or spin... It Feels like the DOR is less than 270... What FW am i supposed to be on for FM6 im using  FW94 from Driver 219.

Edit: in the Video look at the Real Drivers hands when he's making a turn then look at the Sim Racers Hands Arms in the Same Turn He is barely Moving>>> IMO FM6 Needs more DOR... I cant make a Turn without spinning the car or Sliding.

Sounds like user error. :)) Jk
  • Grimey: I use the driver 226 (firmware 116), make sure you set steering to 'normal' in assist in FM6. Also make sure to adjust brake balance of the cars (as soon as you can upgrade the brakes).
  • FM6 feels like they are still using 270 DOR...Im going to Re set my settings and see what happens...I think I'm I'm spoiled on PCars where i get to use a realistic wheel turning radius.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    There is massive oversteer in all cars. Like Grimey says it feels like the DoR is around 270 regardless of wheel/game settings. I've been tuning for years on Forza and the only thing that manages to help reduce it somewhat is lowering your rear suspension and bump levels extremely low. 

I'm with you on this, I also feel my wheelies constantly fighting me and causing the cars to just spin out. Also if you break traction just the slightest bit, there is no recovery at all and the wheel just slams back n forth until the car stops. Whatever settings were on the wheel for that race seem to be on point. Is the trick to run stability control? I run no assists in fm6
  • edited September 2015
    in that Video Look at the Sim Racers arms he is Barely Moving them... He Must Have Been Practicing a Whole Lot!!!... then Look at the Real Car Drivers Arms... Thats How my Arms Move Driving PCars.... Who Needs a $500.00 Wheel Base,$400.00 Xbox Hub/Rim and $300.00 Pedals to play a Supposedly Sim that only Supports 270 DOR.... And watch the Commercial they are Still Selling it as a Simulation Racing Game... FOH!!!
  • Force feedback in Forza 6 doesn't exist.
    I mean real FFB, not substitute primitively transfered from gamepad
    sticks to 900 degree wheel.
    All you get is dull forces when turning, disappearing when u-steer
    (which is all the time), lack info ab. rear end so wheel player is
    pushed to drive continuously under the limit. No way to catch slips,
    cause it's already too late = spin.
    Also any other effect like going off road, crash, bump, kerb or wheel
    spin is jumble vibration.

Tried V2 and Thrust TX.
  • Great watch, some good moments though I admittedly skipped some.

I also just noticed that you have priced the USB adapter at $39.90 Australian now. I was coming around on your first price raise and was most likely going to buy the CSS SQ anyway but $40 plus the $2 postage it adds to the shifters postage is absurd for a USB adapter when the shifter is already over $300. Now if you had a bundle of the shifter + adapter saving a few bucks I would still be tempted but I will probably be looking elsewhere with a broken heart now.
  • Grimey: I use the driver 226 (firmware 116), make sure you set steering to 'normal' in assist in FM6. Also make sure to adjust brake balance of the cars (as soon as you can upgrade the brakes).
    I second using 'normal' steering. Sim steering is wildly out of control, not even close to realistic, and just plain broken.
  • edited September 2015
    Blaaaagh... FM6 FFB Feels like a its a Wind up Spring in the Wheel.Center with some Vibration to it.... Im on FW 94 (219) think that makes a Diff??? also feels like 270° DOR No matter what i have Game or Wheel DOR set to.
  • Hallo
    Clubsport pedalen v3 Verbinding met pc niet werkt in de USB-poort
  • Jedrzej SugakJedrzej Sugak Member
    edited October 2015

I second using 'normal' steering. Sim steering is wildly out of control, not even close to realistic, and just plain broken.
    I third this, I didn't have much issue with simulation assist when I was racing for time/position. But when I go drift, simulation steering was basically impossible. Once I went to normal steering assist, drifting is amazing. I'll see what else I can find out about simulation steering, and why it feels a bit whack.