Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Grimey, I did all of it again yesterday , uninstalled all Fanatec programs, deleted all downloaded driver files , restarted the computer, and still the had the same result.  It's really no big deal as far a using the wheel , but I wonder why my particular base is responding this way . It doesn't appear to be a firmware issue since everyone else, as far as I know, is not having the issue.  I was hoping that by sending it to Endor it would be resolved, but apparently they just downloaded FW116 which I had done in the past without issue.  But that firmware has the gear bug so FW94 is it for me until they resolve the bug.

What I don't know is why my base.  Tomorrow I may try updating the firmware from another PC to see if it is a problem unique to my laptop. I really just would have rather Endor had worked through installing FW94 to completion. Seems like they just wasted $80 for nothing. 

But the "funshine" has be gone for two weeks too long,  and it time for my Forza fix...

• Doing it the same way like Grimey since day 1...never had any problems with updating my V2 base
  • @ Antoine , I know , that's why I was [am] concerned,  I can download the other firmware without a problem. It is only FW94  .. that goes bad on the very last line of the message box.  Have no idea why,  it seems to be specific to my V2, and I was hopping Fanatec would determine why. Like I said I will try another PC when I get a chance to eliminate my laptop as an issue.
  • ok, is this the result I should be seeing at the end of the update process?
  • Tadaaa!!! You got it!!!
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited October 2015

@ Grimey,  I had it right the whole time, apparently my base didn't like being updated by my laptop!  I got up at 4am. and spent two hours updating the desktop I haven't turned on since March, and then downloaded the V219/FW94 package and ran the update procedure.  Bingo!!

We have lift off.... too bad Fanatec support didn't suggest that option, they could have saved $80 of the bottom line. 

• edited October 2015
    There only has to be 1 thing different in settings or for example missed one update, like a service pack or so on the laptop....to be conflicting with other programs.
    Anyways...I'm happy for ya Joe!!!
  • @ Antoine, if any of the PC's in this house are up to date , it's this one. The funny thing is , all the other driver/firmware packs installed without a hitch.  I have no clue, but I'm happy for me to.

I must give credit for the good things Fanatec has done , the most helpful of which is the new Controller window and update procedure. It is simple to use and easy to master, once you get the hang of it .   Thanks for that Thomas.

• Joe dont forget the New FW for the V3's Armin posted
  • ok, is this the result I should be seeing at the end of the update process?
    Ya Joe!!! Happy for you my friend.
  • So I got my V2 Base back from being repaired by Fanatec and they updated the most recent firmware because it was required and now my base resets in between every race where I have to Dashboard on the xBox One playing FM6.  Any ideas what to do?
  • Contact support again
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Are you running the NXOE? Just checking in case its that and not your wheel.
  • I'm hoping Armin picks up on this. I heard back from support (Fabian) today about FW 1.15 and the V3 pedals glitch in Xbox 360 Forza 4. The joy stick does not work in-game and the handbrake is stuck full on (with no hand break attached).
    Fabian said the devs were aware of the problem and advised I check back here for an update. FW 1.15 needs to be fixed to eliminate this problem.
    So, I'm hoping there will be some notification here that FW 1.15 is indeed being worked on to address this problem.
    Keep on smiling, folks. :-)

• I just got my V2 base and Xbox hub back from support. I'm hoping to find a little time over the next day or two to connect everything and verify all is good. I'm in the middle of packing for a move, so am quite busy.
    I hope to have some good news to report.
    Cheers, everyone. 
    I just got my V2 base and Xbox hub back from support. I'm hoping to find a little time over the next day or two to connect everything and verify all is good. I'm in the middle of packing for a move, so am quite busy.
    I hope to have some good news to report.
    Cheers, everyone. 
    What were they fixing on your V2 base Trevor?
  • Just read the book Joseph....LMAO. ;)
  • Good one, Antoine.  ;) It is a tragic novel of epic proportions. Reminds me of the Moby Dick, or War and Peace. So far, no peace. Though I hope to find some soon. Joseph, my story is well documented here and on the V3 pedals thread. In summary, the V2 base and Xbox hub would not communicate, no matter what Firm Ware and updates I applied. I was one of the first out of the gate with the V2 base on order on day one, back in November. In anticipation of the Xbox One compatibility. I think Joe was, too. There may be something in that. From the get-go, I have not been able to get the Xbox hub and the V2 base to flash. As others have suggested, there might have been something funky in the chips, etc. used to build the first batch. Some of us have had problems that others have not. So could be hardware related.

• Contact support again
    I have and no answer as usual unless I decide to stay up until 2am again until someone can help me.
  • edited October 2015
    I know they're very very busy at support atm...could be a couple a days before responce. And it's weekend here in Europe...so I don't think, do hope so for you, the chat is up until Monday.

Mine was also a day one order Trevor. I only got some issues with first update. At that time they weren't aware of the hub shouldn't be attached to the base. I got the continues left to right swing, with blue updater light burning too, but managed to have found the hub shouldn't be attached.....At that time only Driver V219 existed...so I couldn't do any 'damage' caused by trying to install fw after fw...only one to keep trying it with.
    I got a little intimidated by your posts so I thought the "Trevor Geddis for Dummies" version would be around the corner LOL.
    My V2 base was day one as well and although I received it last December, it wasn't until I got the Xbox hub in August that I was able to test it out. Had to send it back for repair after a couple of weeks due to some Knocking/Clicking noises in the wheel. I also had those flashing problems but updating the base without the hub fixed it.

I just hope my wheelbase comes back problem free.
  • Now that's funny, Joseph. Geese, guys. Me, too, with waiting for the Xbox hub. After I received it, it was all down hill from there. What a cluster f**k this has been. I hope to connect all my stuff tomorrow and see if it works. I just hope Fabian at Support loaded all the latest FW to the base and the hub so all I have to do is plug and play. Fingers, toes, eyes crossed.

• Eyes crossed ?? That ain't such a good idea when driving !! LoL
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    I got a little intimidated by your posts so I thought the "Trevor Geddis for Dummies" version would be around the corner LOL.
    My V2 base was day one as well and although I received it last December, it wasn't until I got the Xbox hub in August that I was able to test it out. Had to send it back for repair after a couple of weeks due to some Knocking/Clicking noises in the wheel. I also had those flashing problems but updating the base without the hub fixed it.

I just hope my wheelbase comes back problem free.

funnily enough, my wheel has just stated making a popping noise when calibrating... Like "boing" like a weird rubbery/springy/boingy/poppy type noise. It's very strange, but only does it during calibration. I'll monitor it for now and see how it goes :)
    Mine started doing that the first week then by the third week it was making a pretty loud knocking sound when calibrating and also during racing when turning the wheel.
  • Hmmm. The hits just keep on coming.  8-|
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited October 2015
    Okay fellow fun seekers. I have some good news. FINALLY!
    Thursday I picked up my V2 base and Xbone Hub from the post office. I was also glad to see that Service (Support) had refunded my $59.00 CAN shipping cost.
    I followed the complete connection protocol for connecting and flashing the devices. V2 base is NOT powered on. NOT connected to the lap top (here on in called PC).
    1. I connected the V3 pedals to the PC with usb, opened the 226 FW configuration window. Pedals recognized.
    2. Double clicked on the pedals in the window. Properties window opens. Pedals blue bar graph react as they should.
    3. I click on the update tab, I click on Update button. 
    4. The update runs and completes successfully. 
    5. I close the update window. I open the Configuration window once again. Double click on the V3 pedals in the connected devices window. The Properties window opens and I check the version. It is 1.12.
    6. I again click on the update tab. I search for the downloaded 1.15 .hex file (link provided in this discussion by Armin) and  click on the update button. Update shows completed successfully. Close the update window.
    7. Open the configuration window again. Double click on the pedals, Properties window opens. Click on Update tab and confirm the version is 1.15. Close the Properties window. Close the Configuration window.
    8. I disconnect the pedals usb cable from the PC
    9. I connect the V2 base to the PC with usb.
    10. I open the Configuration window.
    11. I turn on the base (do not hold for 8 seconds). The start button remains red (PC mode). 
    12. The Configuration window recognizes the CSW base. I double click on the CSW base in the window.
    13. The Configuration window opens to show the Propertries window, V3 pedals blue bar graph shows proper function. No hub attached.
    14. I leave the base powered on, I connect the Xbone Hub.
    15. The CSW base recognizes the hub and the Start button light turns Green. (no longer in PC mode)
    16. There is no device recognized in the configuration window.
    17. Press the "view" button and "Y" buttons simultaneously. The Start button turns red (now in PC mode)
    18. The configuration window now shows the CSW wheel is recognized.
    19. Double click on the CSW wheel and the Properties page opens and shows the pedals graph and the Xbone Hub graphic.
    20. Press all buttons on the hub to confirm they work, and press the pedals to confirm they work in the hub graphic.
    21. Turn off the base, leave the usb cable connected to the PC for PC gaming. Connect the usb cable to the Xbone for Xbox gaming.
    Here is a link to the video showing these steps. No audio is needed. 
    Things to remember. Connect the pedals to the pedals port, not to the data port.
    When you turn on the now-configured CSW V2 plus Xbone hub, it defaults to Xbox mode (green Start button). To put the wheel in PC mode, press the "View" plus "Y" buttons simultaneously.

This has been a sometimes painful, sometimes frustrating, sometimes funny (thanks due to the support from the crew here) adventure.
    So the good news is, last night I was able to run a few races in FM6 for the first time. I got through the 3 introductory races and a couple of other races. Did some laps on Indy in an Indy car. 
    I still haven't fine tuned my S-1 settings on the hub and have to make some brake dampener settings on the pedals. I hope to do that today.
    This is the final chapter of my novel. 
    FINIS - THE END
    ***  Heaves a big sigh of relief  ***  
    :D =)) :D =)) :D
  • Now that we are in FW 226 and 1.15 .hex file, I'd like to see a new thread opened. There are a lot of pages and comments here that are very old and we have moved on past many of them.
    Just a thought. What do you think, folks? Chris?
    Hey Trevor, didn't know you were a fellow Canadian ;)