Fanatec releases CSL Wheel P1 steering wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• Wann wird das Black Friday Bundle denn verfügbar sein? In der Nacht von Donnerstag auf Freitag um 0:00 Uhr?
  • Well this is what I have been waiting for. Almost nailed it. If there only was an identical wheel with a suede leather rim. Loved the feel of my GT2 in my hands. Oh well, this wheel option seems great swell :)
    Yeah I was hoping this would be Alcantara, Suede or leather. I understand the price range and why it isn't. I'm almost afraid to order thinking they'll have a leather, suede or alcantara model in the future. The BMW wheel does feel so good.
  • Well this is what I have been waiting for. Almost nailed it. If there only was an identical wheel with a suede leather rim. Loved the feel of my GT2 in my hands. Oh well, this wheel option seems great swell :)
    Yeah I was hoping this would be Alcantara, Suede or leather. I understand the price range and why it isn't. I'm almost afraid to order thinking they'll have a leather, suede or alcantara model in the future. The BMW wheel does feel so good.
    Same here. Would gladly pay €100 more for an alcantara/suede version, but would prefer not to have this and that wheel aswell. I understand Thomas had this as priority 1. This and a CSL base for €300ish would make a fine and very competitive entry to the sim racing wheel market. But for my v2 base I would prefer a €250-300 alcantara version of this wheel. I am sure it's on it's way. A Club sport X1 wheel, but how long will that wait be? :(
  • Anyone know here if this rim is actually cover in leather or is it a leather effect plastic? Pictures don't show any stitching and the description just states "Wheel rim with comfortable surface and maximum grip"

Really want to order this right now, but if it's a plastic effect rather than leather I can think of nothing worse to be holding and won't be spending my money on it.
    It's solid not too hard rubber with little ruffened surface/carves for good grip. It feels really comfi even after a couple a hours racing.

• I don't think this is a good news to everyone. Many customers bought a Universal HUB to be compatible with the XboxOne. Now they could have a wheel only for less money. It doesn't matter to me personally. With the Universal HUB I have the free choice between PC, PS4 and XboxOne and i love it.

But what is the CSL base? Is it a product over the V2 base or lower? ;)

Well, it's a matter of choice Oliver...I did also buy the X1 hub although I didn't liked it...BUT I wanted to use the V2 base asap on my X1...so I took it the way it came. I didn't wanna wait for another solution. And I'm happy for the new customers they have a cheaper and IMO better looking solution to race on X1. And ofcourse pc/PS4 and PS3.

Thanks for your opinion. I'm actually very pleased with the Universal HUB. But the HUB with the GT wheel has a weight significantly over 2,5 Kg. I ask me, makes the lower weight of the CSL P1 Wheel it so much better/sensitive? I have to admit that it irritates me and 150€ is a price for me where i could try it out.

And Mea Culpa.... i didn't read the product page, so that i thought it is only for XboxOne. ;)

• Thanks for your opinion. I'm actually very pleased with the Universal HUB. But the HUB with the GT wheel has a weight significantly over 2,5 Kg. I ask me, makes the lower weight of the CSL P1 Wheel it so much better/sensitive? I have to admit that it irritates me and 150€ is a price for me where i could try it out.

And Mea Culpa.... i didn't read the product page, so that i thought it is only for XboxOne. ;)
    The low weight of the CSL P1 just gives a different feel to the steering, light and fast. More like a kart than a car, though I haven't driven any race car in my life so I don't know how their steering weight feels :)

• Thanks for your opinion. I'm actually very pleased with the Universal HUB. But the HUB with the GT wheel has a weight significantly over 2,5 Kg. I ask me, makes the lower weight of the CSL P1 Wheel it so much better/sensitive? I have to admit that it irritates me and 150€ is a price for me where i could try it out.

The low weight of the CSL P1 just gives a different feel to the steering, light and fast. More like a kart than a car, though I haven't driven any race car in my life so I don't know how their steering weight feels :)
    Thanks for your feedback. I will give it a try and have ordered it before 2 minutes. ;)
  • Just picked it up, but why only 30 cm diameter?
  • Can you make this kind of wheel that IS compatible to the CSR Elite Wheel?
    [-O<
  • sorry, when the black friday offer will be available?
  • Wow, I had ordered the CSL P1 today at 11 o'clock and just now a UPS shipping confirmation email for tomorrows delivery.
    :-bd
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    An early Christmas present lol.
  • I have ordered my P1 Wheel yesterday. What if I decide to take the Blackfriday deal, do I need to send it back and buy the Combo all new ?

• I would like to know if, in PS4, with this rim, we will need to use the pad to move on the PS4 menu like with the actual wheels and rims.

Thank you!!!
  • Yes, it still works like that. Did with X1 hub too. It's because Sony itself doesn't support the wheels. They leave it up to the game developers if they support it.

@Christophe...I don't think that's gonna work. You should have waited about a week to order the black Friday deal. Maybe you can still cancel your order ?
  • yeah well i can sent it back within two weeks time as you can with anything bought online in Germany. I just wondered if i can save Fanatec and myself the hassle...
  • So, am I right in saying the biggest benefit of this new wheel (apart from the lower price) is it negates the need for the universal hub? I'm a bit concerned that the lighter weight added to the power of the CSW V2 might make the feedback too strong. OK, I know you can reduce the FFB of the CSW but for those that like to keep everything turned up to the max, is this going to render Forza, etc, unplayable?? My main concern, however, is the lack of support from the biggest developers. Driveclub still doesn't support Fanatec products (to the best of my knowledge), and Polyphony have never officially added profiles for our wheels.

If the forthcoming Gran Turismo Sport (and GT7 beyond this) doesn't offer support, then the future on consoles becomes quite limited. If Thomas or anyone else from Fanatec are reading this-are you talking to Polyphony (and Evolution Studios, for that matter) to ensure the 'future proofing' that is mentioned in the product description applies to the most important aspect of your products, i.e. the games? 

There is little point having a wheel set-up that is compatible with our consoles if we cannot play the latest games with it.

Lastly (and shamelessly pinched from GT Planet), a small video of the P1 in action for those who haven't seen it yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIICy-s_92E

• edited November 2015
    Then try and cancel your CSL.

@Robert, no matter what wheel/rim you use with FM6 it's not playable at all with everything set to max/100%. I use the X1 hub in FM6 and I only use 42% of vibration and 65% FFB in game. And 100% FFB on the wheel settings menu. I like my wheel to feel on the heavy side....but if I get off track, my whole rig will shake like I'm really off road driving.
    I can assure you that the CSL is solid enough to take the forces like you want em !!
  • Thanks Antoine. Good info. The wheel/FFB with FM6 has come in for a fair bit of criticism from various quarters, I'm just thinking that a lot of people have neither the time (or desire) to fully learn the settings and fine tune them as you have done. A lot of owners will use the 'out of the box' settings, and will miss out on the finer details you experience with some tuning.

So, I take it you already have the P1? Do you also have a PS3/GT6? I'd be interested in your views on how your set-up performs with any console racers (I am purely a console gamer, never raced anything on PC).

• edited November 2015
    Well, because of the M$ changes in FFB protocol..due to the X1 controller. The FFB doesn't feel so good as in FM3 or 4. A lot of feedback IS lost, because T10 had to make choices. I believe Joseph Gossen posted a link to fm.net of a game dev about the choices they made concerning FFB. My personal opinion about FM5 and 6 is: made by controller guys, FOR controller guys...cause I get more feel in what the car does when using a controller than any wheel. Also had the chance to try a friends TM TX.

Ohw yeah....forgot about that. Yes I do still have a PS3. And GT6 is to me is a bit weak in FFB although Grimey Dog also here on the blogs thought it was remarkably good. If you get bored...read through the V2 PS4 topic. LoL.
    BUT you can feel very clearly how and what the car does. Just choose the Logitech G27 config and your good to go. So it's not a big deal. And I think with Fanatec being so hyped at the moment...Polyphonie can't go around creating a Fanatec profile too. And if not we'll ALL terrorize them.to do so on Twitter. ;)
    Up until now I'm a console gamer too, but I'm planning on buying a used gaming pc too in the very near future.

Ps. Don't forget Assetto Corsa is coming to the consoles too. Rumored April 2016. ;)
  • sorry, when the black friday offer will be available?
    I am also interested to know if the Black Friday deal is available now or if I have to wait til Nov 27th
  • If i remember right from last year Thomas put that one up on the 26th and lasted about 48 hours...but don't hang me if it's otherwise !!!
    I'm just jealous of the gears and rev light. I want this for the X1 Hub.
  • Well, Joseph unfortunately the gears, like on the Hub, are not reflected (yet) on X1 games. Only on PS 3 and 4 and pc. The revs lights though are reflected on X1.
    Of course they are LOL. Just another reason for me to get that damn PS4
  • I like the Rim very much, looks good and the infos on top of the rim are really neat.

One question; DOES IT FINALLY SUPPORT: 
    - wireless connectivity
    - Infrared message like the controllers or the Thrustmaster TX to identify who is playing

When will it be possible to update the base via USB stick. I don't want anymore the hustle with windows, mac ect.

Best regards
    Alexander
    PS. just my two cents
  • Wireless connectivity with the V2 base ? No
    Wireless connectivity with to come CSL base ? Nobody knows for sure...but I personally think not.

Infra red messages ??? I don't have that on my X1 or PS4 controller.
  • I hear some talk as to the support of individual developers for the Fanatec brand.  If Polyphony does not support Fanatec directly does this mean that the wheel will not work at all or just at a diminished capacity on GT games?  I would not like to spend all of this money for a premium product if in the long run it will only work on a handful of titles.

I am really happy to see this new wheel as it makes it much more possible for me to dive into the Fanatec world.  I almost got the Forza wheel setup at a substatially higher cost.  I am glad I cancelled it now.  I think this wheel hits a sweet spot for those console racers, like me, to get into a premium setup.
  • Hi Antoine, 

yes, your Xbox One controller recognizes the user. Take a look at the front of the controller, and you will see some red light flashing.

This feature is for people who have just one controller and give it to someone else when playing, the console (kinect) recognizes the user-change.

Thrustmaster TX has this feature implemented in the wheel for Xbox One. I.e. if your drive a best lap, and let your pal sit on the rim, it will recognize that the pal is driving. Cool feature and I loved it. I.e. when having a party with some friends with Forza and ghost car driving, who can beat the best lap.

• Regarding the update procedure (I have mentioned long time ago to Thomas).

I use a Mac, and the only reason for having a virtual machine on my Mac is for updating the wheelbase.

There have been many complaints about firmware and update issues (Win XP, Win 8, Win 10, Mac, etc. etc.). The solution for this and also for Thomas to reduce costs, would be to create a feature where everybody just would download on (Fat32) basis (readable and writable for everyone), an USB Stick and stick it into the base and upload it very easy.

Best regards, Alexander