BLACK FRIDAY: Bundle with CSW B V2 and the new CSL P1 steering wheel

Comments

• I'm on the fence too, I would like to get a different wheel and shifter.

• discount for xbox customer's only!? very disappointing .
  • edited November 2015
    I understand about the black Friday offer discount but it is not the wheel I want to order. I have had from the Fanatec CSR then the Elite and want to upgrade to the new base V2 with the GT Forza and pedals V3, and surely spending nearly €1600 some discount would be available.q
    I think everybody here has payed 1600 € and more, and no one got a discount except black friday offer. If you like to get an discount, buy the bundle.
  • discount for xbox customer's only!? very disappointing .
    Read the rim product page. Works with PS3, PS4, PC and Xbox 1.
  • I don't understand when you say bundle. I thought the 4 thing I want to order is a complete setup to play on Forza. I mean you only need the base , wheel and the pedals.
  • I don't understand when you say bundle. I thought the 4 thing I want to order is a complete setup to play on Forza. I mean you only need the base , wheel and the pedals.
    A bundle is more than one item. The base + rim = bundle. Pretty simple
  • That's wright, so when I want to order the base V2, the GT Forza wheel, pedals V3 and pedal damper, I would say that was a bundle.
  • That's wright, so when I want to order the base V2, the GT Forza wheel, pedals V3 and pedal damper, I would say that was a bundle.
    It is. But NOT the Black Friday bundle that's on sale. Thomas didn't say "Put a bundle together and get a discount ." He said, "buy this specific bundle and get a discount." This is really simple. Its business 101. Stores everywhere do it. Look at Xbox 1 or PS4 bundles. They decide what game you get. You don't choose.
  • I feel your pain Rob. It seems sales are brisk for V3 pedals and high end rims so they don't feel compelled to offer discounts. At some point supplies should overtake demand and we would hope to see discounts on bundles combining high end base, pedals, and rim. For now there is only the one discount offered.
  • I've seen a lot of people on forums having the same trouble as I am. I'm not getting any replys now from my emails and wondering weather to walk away from it all. When you do get an email back its repeated of the same message which to my belief is not very professional and loyal to the customers. I'm actually ready to place the order and all I asked for is a little bit of discount and nothing. Very disappointed
  • Free shipping would be great
  • That would make the sale straight away as I'm ready to order. But not even getting any replys now
  • That would make the sale straight away as I'm ready to order. But not even getting any replys now
    Right. I don't understand not discounting the pedals for fear of selling out. Isn't the goal of a business to make money and sell? Nontheless free shipping would also be a good enough incentive for me as well.
  • This complaining is ridiculous! When was the last time you saw a product announced and a week later put on sale? And it's a product people have been clamoring for a long time. Thomas could've easily said no deal at all. Lasts years deal was no good for me but I didn't complain.
  • This complaining is ridiculous! When was the last time you saw a product announced and a week later put on sale? And it's a product people have been clamoring for a long time. Thomas could've easily said no deal at all. Lasts years deal was no good for me but I didn't complain.
    Lasts years deal was no good for me  You just did but it took a year.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    It's really difficult to please everyone, as we all want different things.

Some have asked for the BMW Rim, CSLv3, XBOHUB, CSHB, CSS etc so Thomas can't really win unless he just offeres a discount code. But the problem with a discount code is that it might all go on the same product, therefore causing a bottleneck in the supply chain, making the customer wait even longer, and those wanting a bundle deal will/could miss out on larger potential savings.

I think what Thomas has offered is a great deal. It's suitable for current owners, new comers, PC owners, Console Owners and is a brand new product, that's almost unheard of.

It's the best he could have possibly offered all things considered.

Plus, if you buy it now at the price it's available (with or without the deal) it's still great value in comparison to the other items on the market it's a win win for the consumer imo ;)
  • I think a discount code would be a good idea actually since people can then use it to order what they want and it will certainly please more people!

I was fortunate enough last year to take advantage of the BMW GT and formula rim deal that was on but already have a CSW v2, Xb one universal hub et al and had there been a discount, I would have ordered another rim to go with my universal hub.

Thomas - Perhaps something for next year...
  • We aren't asking for a discount code. Free shipping is honestly what most of us want. We are willing to pay full price for the product but it'd be nice to not have to spend money for shipping as a promo for once
  • We aren't asking for a discount code. Free shipping is honestly what most of us want. We are willing to pay full price for the product but it'd be nice to not have to spend money for shipping as a promo for once
    Free shipping would get complaints also. People living in California wouldn't get the same amount of money (value) as people in Vermont. So that's not fair either. You see? There is really nothing that's TOTALLY fair except a discount code that can be used site wide. Thomas won't do this. I don't blame him. Does Apple put their products on sale? No. Not until they're quite old. So again, a NEW product on sale is amazing. In fact, I'm seriously thinking of buying this deal. Why? Because I know a discount on CSWv2 won't happen again and I want another one. I can sell the rim and apply that money to the base.

I've been a Fanatec owner for over 5 years. Fanatec customers can be the most ungrateful people I've ever come across. (Not all customers so don't start) It seems no matter what he does it's never enough or good enough. Personally, I'm glad Thomas has the passion he does for sim. If he didn't he'd have gotten sick of the crap a long time ago and folded shop. And before the "fanboy" comments come my way I've complained about situations in the past and will in the future if I believe Thomas needs to hear something. He'll attest to me being a pain in his butt. But, I do respect Thomas. And I love most of his products.
  • Just sold my CSR elite wheel and kept elite pedals to use with this bundle. Pretty awesome timing since I just received my Forza Xbox one bundle last week. Was going to get the Thrustmaster but was happy with my CSR elite so wanted to stick with Fanatec. Maybe next Black Friday the V3 pedals will go on sale so I can upgrade
    Free shipping would get complaints also. People living in California wouldn't get the same amount of money (value) as people in Vermont. So that's not fair either. You see? There is really nothing that's TOTALLY fair except a discount code that can be used site wide. Thomas won't do this. I don't blame him. Does Apple put their products on sale? No. Not until they're quite old. So again, a NEW product on sale is amazing. In fact, I'm seriously thinking of buying this deal. Why? Because I know a discount on CSWv2 won't happen again and I want another one. I can sell the rim and apply that money to the base.

I've been a Fanatec owner for over 5 years. Fanatec customers can be the most ungrateful people I've ever come across. (Not all customers so don't start) It seems no matter what he does it's never enough or good enough. Personally, I'm glad Thomas has the passion he does for sim. If he didn't he'd have gotten sick of the crap a long time ago and folded shop. And before the "fanboy" comments come my way I've complained about situations in the past and will in the future if I believe Thomas needs to hear something. He'll attest to me being a pain in his butt. But, I do respect Thomas. And I love most of his products.
    Because everyone doesn't share your sentiment doesn't make them ungrateful. Honestly it wouldn't really matter since the shipping would be free. I have been a fanatec customer for just as long as you have and it doesn't mean we are ungrateful because we would like to take advantage of a discount on other products. When i went to any store today, best buy, gamestop, walmart etc there were multiple discounts on different items. Most of the people asking for discounts already have the csw v2 base and and or multiple wheels and have supported fanatec over the years. To make an assertion that its being ungrateful is incorrect. I personally bought the p1 rim when it came out and also have the pwts, csr, two wheel stands, the v1 pedals and a host of other items i have purchased from fanatec at launch or shortly thereafter. We have a difference of opinion and that doesn't make us any more ungrateful than it makes you a fanboy for having the attitude you have. You speak of fairness but in reality is it fair for us that already have the products being discounted to get nothing not even free shipping when we are trying to pay full price for products? Or a discount code? Instead of taking the attitude of us being ungrateful try understanding things from our perspective.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    We aren't asking for a discount code. Free shipping is honestly what most of us want. We are willing to pay full price for the product but it'd be nice to not have to spend money for shipping as a promo for once

You mean like a "code" that you enter at the check out that would "discount" the overall cost by deducting the shipping from the overall cost ;) :D

I didn't say that anyone had "asked" for a discount code, I was suggesting that it's one way only Of keeping all "consumers" happy, but comes with a lot of caveats for both Fanatec and the buyer.

The inherent issue that comes along with a discount code (or free shipping) a lot of users would cancel their orders and re order with free shipping, and lots of other people would likely buy the same item (CSPv3) with free shipping (as that's currently selling incredibly well) which would/could cause further issues in the supply chain which negatively impacts both Fanatec and the consumer.

I think we have a cracking deal offered to us here this weekend, it's essentially €100 discount on 2 of fanatecs latest products, I currently own both of these items and can categorically state that the value it is selling at today is without question "incredible value for money".

You are essentially paying €50 for a rim that gives you access to PS4/PS3/XBO/PC which is is fast, light and responsive. That's incredibly impressive in my book :D

That's less than the cost of few cocktails at new year ;) (it's actually the price of 2 cocktails in my local cocktail bar)

I do understand it's not what you wanted, and I hope that doesn't stop you buying the items you want, but it's still a fantastic deal and that's really what we should focus on here. Thats what we should all take away from all this thread :)

Thomas created a new product that everyone has been begging for, the only product on the market that does what it does (compatible with PC,PS4/PS3/XBO) Knocked €100 euros off the price (essentially/technically) as soon as he launched (that's almost unheard of) and gave us fast shipping with no little to no delay, with a good supply of stock readily available for everyone.

That's pretty impressive deal for simRacers, and the positives sincerely do outweigh the negative, in my opinion of course :)

You mean like a "code" that you enter at the check out that would "discount" the overall cost by deducting the shipping from the overall cost ;) :D

I didn't say that anyone had "asked" for a discount code, I was suggesting that it's one way only Of keeping all "consumers" happy, but comes with a lot of caveats for both Fanatec and the buyer.

The inherent issue that comes along with a discount code (or free shipping) a lot of users would cancel their orders and re order with free shipping, and lots of other people would likely buy the same item (CSPv3) with free shipping (as that's currently selling incredibly well) which would/could cause further issues in the supply chain which negatively impacts both Fanatec and the consumer.

I think we have a cracking deal offered to us here this weekend, it's essentially €100 discount on 2 of fanatecs latest products, I currently own both of these items and can categorically state that the value it is selling at today is without question "incredible value for money".

You are essentially paying €50 for a rim that gives you access to PS4/PS3/XBO/PC which is is fast, light and responsive. That's incredibly impressive in my book :D

That's less than the cost of few cocktails at new year ;) (it's actually the price of 2 cocktails in my local cocktail bar)

I do understand it's not what you wanted, and I hope that doesn't stop you buying the items you want, but it's still a fantastic deal and that's really what we should focus on here. Thats what we should all take away from all this thread :)

Thomas created a new product that everyone has been begging for, the only product on the market that does what it does (compatible with PC,PS4/PS3/XBO) Knocked €100 euros off the price (essentially/technically) as soon as he launched (that's almost unheard of) and gave us fast shipping with no little to no delay, with a good supply of stock readily available for everyone.

That's pretty impressive deal for simRacers, and the positives sincerely do outweigh the negative, in my opinion of course :)
    With all that you have said the point is its a deal that doesn't impact me and at the end of the day if stores simply had one black friday deal they wouldn't do very well. Last year Fanatec had more than one deal and in the grand scheme of things if the people canceled their order to take advantage of the free shipping it wouldn't have as big an impact as you think. Again I have the wheel base and the p1 rim so as " great" as the deal is it really doesn't impact me and won't affect most of fanatec's most loyal customers since we already bought a great deal of high end products at full value. This years BF deal is honestly a great deal but we got less this year for black friday from fanatec which honestly IMO makes the deal less.

Because everyone doesn't share your sentiment doesn't make them ungrateful. Honestly it wouldn't really matter since the shipping would be free. I have been a fanatec customer for just as long as you have and it doesn't mean we are ungrateful because we would like to take advantage of a discount on other products. When i went to any store today, best buy, gamestop, walmart etc there were multiple discounts on different items. Most of the people asking for discounts already have the csw v2 base and and or multiple wheels and have supported fanatec over the years. To make an assertion that its being ungrateful is incorrect. I personally bought the p1 rim when it came out and also have the pwts, csr, two wheel stands, the v1 pedals and a host of other items i have purchased from fanatec at launch or shortly thereafter. We have a difference of opinion and that doesn't make us any more ungrateful than it makes you a fanboy for having the attitude you have. You speak of fairness but in reality is it fair for us that already have the products being discounted to get nothing not even free shipping when we are trying to pay full price for products? Or a discount code? Instead of taking the attitude of us being ungrateful try understanding things from our perspective.

You can't compare Fanatec to a big box retail store. They aren't even close to the same in operating methods. You'd have to compare Fanatec to say Apple's official store. That's more of a apples to apples comparison.

And people would complain about free shipping not being fair because SOME people complain about everything. (Again I didn't include everyone) Maybe Thomas's best course of action is to say after this Black Friday there will be no sales EVER. That way all customers are on any footing.
  • Matt EseltineMatt Eseltine Member
    edited November 2015

Will someone please tell me what it is like to order from Fanatec?  I ordered my Black Friday bundle at 11pm PST on 11/26/15.  My order page states that the order is being processed.  I would like to know if this changes to "Shipping items" or something similar when the items are in the mail.  Also, do customers receive a tracking number for each item.

Any help is much appreciated.

P.S. Thomas, thanks again for the bundle deal.  I am glad to be a new Fanatec customer.  Happy Holidays.

• Will someone please tell me what it is like to order from Fanatec?  I ordered my Black Friday bundle at 11pm PST on 11/26/15.  My order page states that the order is being processed.  I would like to know if this changes to "Shipping items" or something similar when the items are in the mail.  Also, do customers receive a tracking number for each item.

P.S. Thomas, thanks again for the bundle deal.  I am glad to be a new Fanatec customer.  Happy Holidays.

Once your items ship you'll get another email from Fanatec. You'll also get a email from fedex with tracking numbers. If I remember you said you live in CA. You may receive your items before you get the tracking numbers from fedex. Others in California have said this in the past. I'm sure many people are ordering so processing may take a bit longer. Hope this helps.

• Will someone please tell me what it is like to order from Fanatec?  I ordered my Black Friday bundle at 11pm PST on 11/26/15.  My order page states that the order is being processed.  I would like to know if this changes to "Shipping items" or something similar when the items are in the mail.  Also, do customers receive a tracking number for each item.

Once your items ship you'll get another email from Fanatec. You'll also get a email from fedex with tracking numbers. If I remember you said you live in CA. You may receive your items before you get the tracking numbers from fedex. Others in California have said this in the past. I'm sure many people are ordering so processing may take a bit longer. Hope this helps.

Chris,
    Thanks for the input.  I forgot to mention in my post that I actually never got an e-mail following the purchase.  I guess this is normal from Fanatec.?  I am used to ordering from places like Amazon and getting an email every time my purchase is made and after shipping.

Yes, I am in California, I live about 30 mins from the Fanatec warehouse.  I wish they allowed Will Calls.I am guessing that the employees got Friday off after Thanksgiving.  Was really hoping boxes would be on their way already.  Oh well. Glad to be getting it either way.  When I made the purchase it appeared that all items were in stock...

Chris,
    Thanks for the input.  I forgot to mention in my post that I actually never got an e-mail following the purchase.  I guess this is normal from Fanatec.?  I am used to ordering from places like Amazon and getting an email every time my purchase is made and after shipping.

Yes, I am in California, I live about 30 mins from the Fanatec warehouse.  I wish they allowed Will Calls.I am guessing that the employees got Friday off after Thanksgiving.  Was really hoping boxes would be on their way already.  Oh well. Glad to be getting it either way.  When I made the purchase it appeared that all items were in stock...
    Sorry I thought you'd already received the email from Fanatec stating your order was received and processing. You will get that also. If you pull up your account on the Fanatec page you'll see the order status as well. It would be cool if Fanatec allowed will call but they are a very small company employing a small staff to keep costs down.

Chris,

Sorry I thought you'd already received the email from Fanatec stating your order was received and processing. You will get that also. If you pull up your account on the Fanatec page you'll see the order status as well. It would be cool if Fanatec allowed will call but they are a very small company employing a small staff to keep costs down.
    No, it was me who forgot to mention the lack of email.  I have been to the website several times today, keeping an eye on the status of the order.  More than anything I was just curious if the status actually changes on the website as my order is shipped etc.

Glad to hear that tracking numbers are provided. 
  • Also check your spam folder. Some mails I got from Fanatec ended in there because of the big Endor and Fanatec logos