PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• The greatest thing Thomas did was making the CSWv2 open sourced. Meaning it in itself isn't tied to any one concole. The rims are though. So for those thinking you'll need a need a new base you won't. Just a PS4 rim. I still don't like it. I know Thomas has no choice. And really it's not the end of the world. I'm thankful Thomas was looking ahead and saw this was the future and did away with the older type bases that locked you into a console. This also hopefully means new consoles will just need a new rim but that depends on how much technology changes.
  • A Fully supported wheel Hub I will Gladly Pay for!!!   Playing Sabastian Loeb Rallly with the Universal Hub is a Nightmare!!! None of the Buttons work as supposed to!!!  

Do we need a new button map guide because of FW updates??? were the Buttons for PS4 Changed???
  • Nothing changed yet Grimey...the PS hub isn't there yet. LOL
  • this is just gonna drive gamers to go the pc route, which is about where i am personally, i just spent alot money on every latest peiece of fanatec tech gear for my ps4 knowing someday ill get a pc but it looks like if this kinda stuff is goin down ill have to get one sooner than later.
    Does any one know if i can get by with an alienware alpha for now??Will it recognize and support all harware(handbrake) as a regular pc would or is it just a rebadged xbox??
    The alpha will recognize hardware as a PC. It is a compact PC, the GPU is soldered in so you can't upgrade the graphics card. I have one running Windows 10, drivers work the same as any other PC.
  • edited March 2016
    Just to clarify.

Studio's developing for the ps4 which aren't 1st party studio's of sony are free to support any racing wheels without any problems.

But games like Gran turismo and Driveclub are (well driveclub was ) made by a first party sony studio, which have the licensing deal with Thrustmaster, but TM doesn't have anything to do with this.

All this means for the users of fanatec is bassicaly not alot, The only addition on the new wheel/rim  will be a PS so you can scroll through the menu's.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited March 2016
    Either way it's good news for everyone (imo) :smile: I suspect that with an official PS Rim, and therefore becoming an officially licensed product, that it's entirely possible that some of that will benefit everyone, as the drivers for the fanatec licenced rim, could well be similar to that of the current rims, meaning that if a game supports the licenced fanatec wheel rim, a side effect of that it may be that it inadvertently supports all our rims in games with the fanatec driver ;)

Either way, I'm very excited by this announcment, as I think its good for everyone :)
  • Either way it's good news for everyone (imo) :smile: I suspect that with an official PS Rim, and therefore becoming an officially licensed product, that it's entirely possible that some of that will benefit everyone, as the drivers for the fanatec licenced rim, could well be similar to that of the current rims, meaning that if a game supports the licenced fanatec wheel rim, a side effect of that it may be that it inadvertently supports all our rims in games with the fanatec driver ;)

Either way, I'm very excited by this announcment, as I think its good for everyone :)
    Unless Sony makes officially licensed rims have certain code or something written into them to eliminate that. It makes sense. Sony wants people to buy new gear. That's how they make money on licensing deals. Not by allowing a grandfather clause so to speak. There's a reason Sony is doing this. So that rims work better for the gamer I doubt is #1 on the list. What is #1 is a new revenue stream. And that stream turns into a river if you force all the tributaries into it. Meaning making current rims no longer usable and forcing the new rims on the user. Just a thought
  • Thanks for the heads up Greg!! Now i know i at least need a x51 then i can upgrade. Now the question is single big curved monitor or three flats for racing. But i think even the x51 only has one display port connection....Hopefully they take their time with this licensing as pcars is growing on me  with the ebrake working sweet!! The Porsche 918 rsr wheel works great in game and in menu with the sweet twisty analog sticks working and all...
    Only thing is my ps4 kept popping out disks. So i googled it and found this restart procedure that didn twork. Then i read in blog to pop off eject button with a knife and it hasnt popped out disks since!!
  • Daniel, consider seriously the three screen option, even three curved screens. Using the two side screens actually increases the field of view. That is, you will see cars beside you that you cannot see with a single screen (without pressing a look left or look right button). Those side views are there, just not with the single screen. That is what I would do. 
  • VR is the future. :) I improved my Nurburgring lap time by ten seconds using an Oculus DK2 and was able to chain four laps in the same second. The way you feel the car movement helps to react way sooner (because the 3D is effortless understood by the brain). I agree the first batch of VR headset lacks of resolution as we are looking far in front of the car, eye tracking, foved rendering and 4K per eyes will solve this problem. And exiting your seat and looking at the tracks and cars as you were actually there is magic. Fanatec should create a VR rim/Magnus gloves for the HTC Vive able to have you wheel seen at the right position in the Virtual world ! I wish I have the electronic skill to built it myself :P
  • If the new wheel has full compatibility to the PS4 then I am all in. It would be great if the PS4 rim had the option allow multiple rims like the US Universal hub. My budget for sim racing has been depleted with V2/V3 periphials, but soon hope to build a PC, so the new rim must be PC compatible as well.

I hope once this venture is finished Fanatec focuses their attention on becoming a one stop shop for Sim racing.  Adding some plug and play display's with more telemetry read outs. Or, a true direct drive wheel base, although I run my V2 base FFB at 75%, anymore and my rist are hurting after a 2 hr race session.
  • Either way it's good news for everyone (imo) :smile: I suspect that with an official PS Rim, and therefore becoming an officially licensed product, that it's entirely possible that some of that will benefit everyone, as the drivers for the fanatec licenced rim, could well be similar to that of the current rims, meaning that if a game supports the licenced fanatec wheel rim, a side effect of that it may be that it inadvertently supports all our rims in games with the fanatec driver ;)

Unless Sony makes officially licensed rims have certain code or something written into them to eliminate that. It makes sense. Sony wants people to buy new gear. That's how they make money on licensing deals. Not by allowing a grandfather clause so to speak. There's a reason Sony is doing this. So that rims work better for the gamer I doubt is #1 on the list. What is #1 is a new revenue stream. And that stream turns into a river if you force all the tributaries into it. Meaning making current rims no longer usable and forcing the new rims on the user. Just a thought

If this is the route Sony takes then my finance will be 100% diverted to PC build, the only time I play the PS4 is for Project Cars.

• Still waiting on  the Handbrake to work with something on XboxOne.
  • Chad I can confirm that finally the handbrake is working on the XBox One, I tested it in Dirt Rally (released yesterday). I really hope Forza will be supported as well, but until this day there are no signs. (I tested it with the latest firmware and with the handbrake directly connected to my V2 pedals)
  • Can someone confirm to me that if i wanted to buy a Fanatec base, wheel and pedals that it will work on PS4 as i have try to contact Fanatec directly but with no reply? If so, whats a good estimate for shipping time?
  • So can i get an x51 and use a splitter and get no lag time or should i just save to area51 and get something that already has three display ports?? And VR seems like it might be kool but i like to drink and vape while i race it makes me faster...i think,lol. 

Mike, i have a ps4 and bought the latest and greatest of everything from fanatec  for my new race rig and junked logi g29 about two grand worth, now i need a good pc for about same,lol. But yea i can say first hand it works with pcars great like everything all the time, wrc5 works ok with ebrake intermittent, dirt rally it kicks ass in when it works, sometime game and handware glitchs out and just shuts down. leaves my base on with no light around power button forced to swithc off power strip...Of course pcars likes two hdmi cables for handbrake to work and dirt rally likes one hdmi and pedals to base, thats apita
    Mike Gray said:
    Can someone confirm to me that if i wanted to buy a Fanatec base, wheel and pedals that it will work on PS4 as i have try to contact Fanatec directly but with no reply? If so, whats a good estimate for shipping time?

Hey, the wheel will work on supported PS4 Games such as Dirt Rally / PCars etc... But if the developer does not add support (like evo/driveclub) then the wheel will not work with those games. Most 3rd party devs should add support, but so far first party titles didnt add supported for the wheel drivers. I suspect moving forward everything will be just fine, one way or another. fanatec products are incredible, you really are in for a treat ;)
  • @Daniel, watch this video. Some tips and explanation on setting up 3 monitors. There are other videos out there, too. Your graphics card capabilities will be the determining factor. Good luck. 

• Mike GrayMike Gray Member
    edited April 2016
    Thanks for that Daniel and Natalie. Ive just placed my order, decided to get the SQ shifter over the hand brake but will more than likely add that to the rig at a later date. Thanks again guy, can't wait for it to arrive now and get some laps in 
  • Well dirt rally was too glitchy tried to go back to wrc5 couldnt even get it to recognize then tries pcars, worked for a minute then disconnected. So i hooked it up to laptop and updated even though it was current, retried pcars and recaled everything. Worked for another minute then said no controller connected. This happened after a reoccurring problem; my wheel keeps disconnected, because my lites and buttons wont work till i push it back towards base firmly...Very sad considering its new, i installed bolt on quick hub cuz i have no other wheels to swap out so its more solid, and it was cheap....ill be contacting customer service. 

Oh and thanks that vid convinced me to just go build a custom one, i talked to tech where i work and they got a big tower laying there and alot other odds and ends, ill still have to get my own cards though. Hopefully i can switch between games without trouble unlike ps4.
    edited April 2016
    Mike Gray said:
    Thanks for that Daniel and Natalie. Ive just placed my order, decided to get the SQ shifter over the hand brake but will more than likely add that to the rig at a later date. Thanks again guy, can't wait for it to arrive now and get some laps in 

No problem ;)
    That all sounds like smart choices, the CSSSQ will be more useful (used more) in more games than the CSHB, so I think buying them in that order makes perfect sense.
    The CSSSQ is a serious piece of kit!
    That device alone truly transforms racing as it adds so much immersion to your experience. The CSHB is also a great bit of kit, but as less games support it, it's used a little less (in my experience) but adds some serious fun to dirt rally :)
    If you have any issues, questions or want advice on setup, settings, configuration etc let us know, everyone around here is great, while not the most active forum, it's without question, the most respectful :)
  • Well dirt rally was too glitchy tried to go back to wrc5 couldnt even get it to recognize then tries pcars, worked for a minute then disconnected. So i hooked it up to laptop and updated even though it was current, retried pcars and recaled everything. Worked for another minute then said no controller connected. This happened after a reoccurring problem; my wheel keeps disconnected, because my lites and buttons wont work till i push it back towards base firmly...Very sad considering its new, i installed bolt on quick hub cuz i have no other wheels to swap out so its more solid, and it was cheap....ill be contacting customer service. 

Oh and thanks that vid convinced me to just go build a custom one, i talked to tech where i work and they got a big tower laying there and alot other odds and ends, ill still have to get my own cards though. Hopefully i can switch between games without trouble unlike ps4.
    Make sure All of the Allen screws on the Back of the Hub are tight...especially the smallest screw that's in the center!!! That's usually the problem...If that screw is Loose the pins will push back inside the Wheel Hub when you try to connect the Wheel Hub to the base.

Then do the same for the screws that are in the wheel Base Hub shaft.
  • Hand Brake update... I noticed that the hand brake Arm assembly was Loose on the Lower left side at the main Axis Allen screw... Well in Happy to say that when i tightened that screw no more random hand Brake readings!!! I get 100% reading with every Pull Now as long as i let the hand Brake fully down to rest position before the next Pull :))

Hand Brake works Nice with PS4 Dirt Rally \:D/
  • I would prefer a fully licensed hub anyway so that we have full functionality. I just spent $1200 on the V2 base, universal hub Xbox One, Forza rim and Formula rim. I need a few months before I can drop another $400 for a PS compatible universal hub and rim. LOL! I cannot wait to get my gear later this week!!!!

• Hello, What better setting Fanatec Gt2 Bmw M3 for the PS3 to play GT6 ?
    Thanks!
  • Is it me or is the fanatec line of products diminishing at an alarming rate? I was just browsing and saw that they not only no longer carry the CSL play seat but also the wheelstand is gone. Does anyone know if they are going to be coming out with a new wheel stand or play seat other than the 999.00 rensport cockpit? Likewise i see that there are other categories in the products tab that don't have any products in them at all. Is fanatec losing money and on its way out the door is the question I am asking?
  • Is it me or is the fanatec line of products diminishing at an alarming rate? I was just browsing and saw that they not only no longer carry the CSL play seat but also the wheelstand is gone. Does anyone know if they are going to be coming out with a new wheel stand or play seat other than the 999.00 rensport cockpit? Likewise i see that there are other categories in the products tab that don't have any products in them at all. Is fanatec losing money and on its way out the door is the question I am asking?
    When Fanatec released the CSL P1 rim Thomas said the following in the press release, "This is the first component of the new CSL series which is positioned below the very popular Clubsport Series." I'm just guessing but I'd bet they are working on the other items. And they will probably be under the CSL lineup of gear.

• Hello, What better setting Fanatec Gt2 Bmw M3 for the PS3 to play GT6 ?
    Thanks!
    If you are asking about settings, and what settings are best for GT6, I would say to start here,
    On wheel settings (LED screen):
    SEN = OFF
    FF = 100
    SHO = your choice, only effects rim vibration
    DRI = OFF
    ABS = you choice, only effects pedal vibration
    LIN = OFF or "0" Zero
    DEA = OFF or "0" Zero
    FOR = 100 (should not need to raise this as GT6 has great FFB and the sensitivity setting effects minimum force)
    SPR = OFF
    DPR= OFF
    ACL = OFF (only used for Xbox, I forget if this option shows up on the CSW V1/V2)

In game settings:
    Use "simulation" mode with Power Steering OFF
    The overall force or strength can be set to your preference, for the version 1 CSW base I like the force at 10 but with the CSW V2 it can be a lower while still giving strong feedback, somewhere between 3 and 8 should be good but really it depends what you like.
    The sensitivity setting should be set between 0-3, anything higher than 3 tends to cause some oscillation

Hope this helps, if you have any questions or some across any issues either on the hardware or game side of things feel free to ask :) 
  • Hey, Seth. I'm sure Joao will appreciate your advice. You know who he is, don't you?  ;)
  • Seth Cormier  t

Thank you for advice. Really you've been very thorough and attentive.