CSL Elite Wheel Base & Pedals

Comments

• Hello Thomas, now explain to me what I do with my csw purchased two weeks ago? I only have a ps4 and I can not afford a PC at the time. I'm really angry and disappointed.
    Hi,

I am sorry but why did you buy the CSW V2 if PS4 is the only platform you're having? The product description and FAQs are pretty clear about PS4 support. 

@ Jeremy Mullin
    A little bit off topic, right? ;-)
    But I can tell you that an auto clutch feature is a macro function. XBO licence rules are clearly saying that macro functions are prohibited to be built in. Therefore the function cannot be build it in without clear confirmation from MS that this rule is obsolete and that such a macro may be integrated. Fanatec did not yet receive such a statement.
    Fanatec I bought with my savings simply because I trusted that "If You Already Purchased at Fanatec product with previously promoted PS3 or PS4 compatibility, basically nothing will change.
  • Hello Thomas, now explain to me what I do with my csw purchased two weeks ago? I only have a ps4 and I can not afford a PC at the time. I'm really angry and disappointed.
    Hi,

I am sorry but why did you buy the CSW V2 if PS4 is the only platform you're having? The product description and FAQs are pretty clear about PS4 support. 

@ Jeremy Mullin
    A little bit off topic, right? ;-)
    But I can tell you that an auto clutch feature is a macro function. XBO licence rules are clearly saying that macro functions are prohibited to be built in. Therefore the function cannot be build it in without clear confirmation from MS that this rule is obsolete and that such a macro may be integrated. Fanatec did not yet receive such a statement.
    Fanatec I bought with my savings simply because I trusted that "If You Already Purchased at Fanatec product with previously promoted PS3 or PS4 compatibility, basically nothing will change.
    This is a disapointing result in the end, can't believe a high priced CSW set now won't support PS4 as we knew it would. This is completely different than what was told. Was really hoping for a update of a wheel rim to do this.
  • Any chance we can have the size of the pedals released? I really want them but im afraid that they wont fit on my rig, so wanna check it first to be sure.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Please check the compatibility section of the CSW B V2. We never ever promised unlimited PS4 compatibility. We clearly told you that it depends on the game developer. And they have to follow Sony if they decide to cancel Support for unlicensed peripherals.

Please do not complain here but use the channels of Sony and let them know what you think about it. Thank you.

Back to Topic. This is about a new PC / Xbox One Wheel.
  • Please check the compatibility section of the CSW B V2. We never ever promised unlimited PS4 compatibility. We clearly told you that it depends on the game developer. And they have to follow Sony if they decide to cancel Support for unlicensed peripherals.

Please do not complain here but use the channels of Sony and let them know what you think about it. Thank you.

Back to Topic. This is about a new PC / Xbox One Wheel.

ok thanks, nice way to treat customers. the product you'll sell me, but Go and complain elsewhere.
  • Tomas ArticaTomas Artica Member
    edited August 2016
    Hello FANATEC team,

Thank you for making this and all the hard work team!
    3 questions:

1) What are the main differences or advantages of your new CSL Elite pedals compared to the original CSR Elite pedals (discontinued)?

2) Also one of the things I really like about the original CSR Elite pedals was that they were metal, brake load cell, and had an optional inversion kit from Fanatec that you could purchase to allow you to use the pedals in a GT style (pedals coming from top then down) OR a Formula style (pedals coming from the bottom floor then up). Could the Inversion kit you still sell work on this new CSL Elite pedal set?

3) Lastly, how does this new Fanatec CSL Elite bundle (wheel, base, pedals) have advantages of performance/ immersion and reliability compared to the current Xbox One / PC bundles from Thrustmaster (and/or Logitech)?

Thank you
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited August 2016
    Hey,
    First of all I "love" the new design choices for the CSL-E base, they are exactly what I was hoping for. The pedals also look great, and are very similar in style to the v2/v3s.
    Overall the product looks absolutely fantastic. Well done :smile:

For those complaining about the materials used, please don't forget that some of the CSR line (that this is potentially replacing) was also made of plastic, and remember, that the materials used are high quality, with very high quality internals :smile:

This product allows those who can't afford the CSW base, to essentially get the same (similar) internals, but with a cheaper (but still high quality) body. This is an incredible price (around 50% of the CSW Base) so for the money, I genuinely don't know of a product on the market that houses such high quality internals (like the CSL-E does) and allows for such a wide variety of RIM compatibility.

I see this base, like I see my canon 50mm 1.8 MkII (the nifty fifty - canons best selling prime lens)
    An Incredible price for stunning internals!

Those of you who are angry with the loss / lack of PS4 compatibility, please note that Thomas and the team have worked tirelessly to resolve this issue for us. Fanatec never promised full PS4 support, they always stated to remain "as compatible as possible". For the CSW they stated that the developers could add drivers (wherever possible) however as sony have now closed that door, users really should discuss this with them, not Fanatec.

I too am a PS4 owner and I will miss PS4 support. However will direct my questions etc to Sony, not Fanatec.
    Fanatec are doing what Sony requires partners to do (to get official licensing). Let's hope for a UHUB PS4 Edition or similar (as with XBO) in the near future, perhaps this could be discussed between users/Sony etc moving forward.

Finally, let's not forget what fanatec have done here. Yet again they have produced a high end product at a price that is truly affordable to ALL!

Not only that, Fanatecs range of products have an incredible "feel" of realism due to (high quality motors/no gears/cogs etc) and that is present throughout their entire range! And now with FULL CSW RIM compatibility!
    That's incredible realism, with an incredibly low price! We really should congratulate them on this product launch.

I already have a friend who is ordering one, I'm incredibly excited by this launch, it's a fantastic line up and I can't wait to see what's next! :wink:
  • So...   When a CSL PS4 wheel base is released, it will support the regular clubsport wheels (as this one currently does) correct?

Will this happen before the release of GT7?
  • I think y'all didn't read the pedal product page ? They ain't plastic !! The high quality full-metal Aluminium design ensures long lasting durability, improves resistance and delivers the pedals impressive stability.
  • Greg UngerGreg Unger Member
    edited August 2016

Those of you who are angry with the loss / lack of PS4 compatibility, please note that Thomas and the team have worked tirelessly to resolve this issue for us. Fanatec never promised full PS4 support, they always stated to remain "as compatible as possible". For the CSW they stated that the developers could add drivers (wherever possible) however as sony have now closed that door, users really should discuss this with them, not Fanatec.

I too am a PS4 owner and I will miss PS4 support. However will direct my questions etc to Sony, not Fanatec.

Fanatec are doing what Sony requires partners to do (to get official licensing). Let's hope for a UHUB PS4 Edition or similar (as with XBO) in the near future, perhaps this could be discussed between users/Sony etc moving forward.

Finally, let's not forget what fanatec have done here. Yet again they have produced a high end product at a price that is truly affordable to ALL!

Not only that, Fanatecs range of products have an incredible "feel" of realism due to (high quality motors/no gears/cogs etc) and that is present throughout their entire range! And now with FULL CSW RIM compatibility!

That's incredible realism, with an incredibly low price! We really should congratulate them on this product launch.

I already have a friend who is ordering one, I'm incredibly excited by this launch, it's a fantastic line up and I can't wait to see what's next! :wink:
    No its not " Lets just address this with Sony" as Thomas and Fanatec are involved. My money for this product didn't go to Sony it went to fanatec. #1 none of the high end wheels like the BMW GT or Porsche 918 are supported on XBONE #2 The " they didn't promise full compatibility with ps4" is crap because the entire point to the base was so that they could make wheels either licensed by either manufacturer to be compatible. So now we not only have a high end product that doesn't work with XBONE if we want to get anything outside the wheel hub or the p1  which IMO wasn't nearly as good as the premium wheels, We now have a product that will not have support for ps4 unless we by a subpar future version  for ps4 or Fanatec comes out with a ps4 version of the CSWB exclusively for the ps4 IMO getting a liscense for the sake of screwing your high end customer base is ass.  #3 Fanatecs product line has diminished to where they don't even have a wheelstand anymore  so to me regardless to what is said or how many of the fanboys kiss fanatecs arse this is about greed and money and as long as folks keep making excuses for both Fanatec's behaviour and Sony and Microsoft you're going to continue to get screwed under the guise of getting liscenses and " Oh look we have a new product that you can spend your money on but we don't give two shits about you as the customer". 

Gone is the day where the consumers matter and IMO Thomas you should grow a pair good day.
  • Wow, the Xbox universal hub gives you nearly endless options for rims. I love my forza rim. A formula Xbox compatible rim would be nice, but with PS 4.5 and MS Scorpio I've soured on the whole console thing anyway. Racing on my PC with Rift is vastly superior. My XB1 gathers dust, and if Sony won't allow Fanatec a PS4 rim for my V2 base I won't buy a PS4.
  • To get back on topic this seems like a great value, looks like a very nice base, I like that it uses the same connection for rims. The pedals seem like a great value for a LC setup, even though V3 pedals are well worth the extra money, I got the Black Friday deal, so I have the rim, that would seem to be the weak link in this combo, something leather would be nice. Hopefully the guys on ISR will get to review this offering soon! None of this gives me buyers remorse for my V2 base/Forza rim/V3 pedals with damper setup, but this looks like a great option to compete more directly with the thrust master/ Logitech end of the market.
  • I'll be honest.. when I heard my car wheel and clubs port pedals and shifter would work with forza 5 back when it ce out I was gutted. I blamed Microsoft. I know they are greedy and don't think about the long game. About keeping customers. That's why I bought a ps4. I've been a forza fan for years but ditched them when they pulled that stunt with the forza wheel. And let's face it they lied. So when project cars announced fanatic wheel would work I was over the moon. My whole rig was built around fanatec gear. I've enjoyed dirt rally, f12015, project cars and even the crew. (Yes it works) Sony get your finger out because your gonna lose customers if you start playing games with customers. I will buy a pc for my next game rig and your pushing me to do so with you stupid greedy attitude to small companies who have probably made you a fortune. Your stopping doing everything that made you great by stamping out the use of wheels. Just think how many copy of gt sport you'll sell if you let everyone with a wheel buy it!!! I WON'T BUY IT BECAUSE MY WHEEL WON'T WORK!!! Who's fault is that? Make a **** deal before more people buy a pc.
  • Sorry for my spelling mistakes and bad grammar but I mean what I said.
  • I've placed my preorder for the wheel base! I currently use a CSR with CSPv3 on PC, and I had been planning to save up for an OSW build, but this price and performance is just so solid that a DD wheel will have to wait a few more years. What sort of clearance is recommended around the rear cooling vent? I may need to modify my cockpit, as I don't have much clearance in that area right now.
  • this is so unacceptable. Ive never seen anything like this. Im sorry Thomas but you cant say you didn't see this coming.Are you blind or were you just wishfully thinking this wouldn't happen? You continued to make a very expensive wheel base that most of us wont be able to use unless we switch platforms and now were supposed to run out and buy the next base for sale. im sorry but this will be the 3rd base ive bought from you in 5 years and now the first two bases are bordering on useless.You couldn't have worked this out ahead of time?you and Microsoft did. Thrustmaster and sony did and **** even Logitech did and they were pretty much dead in the industry saying that they were done after the g27.So here you and I are and the best you have to offer me is what????

• Well, atleast fanatec is supported on some title's, something you can't say for both Logitech and thrustmaster.
  • Even friggin Mad Catz had a Sony deal and their stuff is absolute crap. Of coarse this is about money. Is it possible a deal could've been worked out ahead of time so this could've all been avoided? Are you saying Sony didn't want your licensing deal money before but they want it now? Did they just dislike you before and refused to accept your check, But now a year and a half later they've had a change of heart and they're willing to discuss a licensing deal? Why didn't you take care of business before and spare us this expense? How many of your bases will i have to buy to play a friggin ps4? please let me know so i know which ones not to buy next time. I don't care if this is technically Sony's fault. Either you didn't know or you didn't care, It doesn't matter because im the guy whose gonna wind up having to use an Xbox with lousy frame rates .Lucky for me Microsoft was willing to accept the check.Oh wait no,I almost forgot my existing wheels are useless on the Xbox and now surprise surprise,i gotta buy a friggin Xbox hub and a new wheel .My 3 nice leather and alcontara Sony compatable wheels feel like actual car wheels.My csl comparatively feels like something thrustmaster would put out.So its Either $300 for a new base or $300 for new Xbox hub and wheel.
  • actually the csl wheel isn't bad,its pretty good for the money but the other rims are so nice its a step backwards.Thomas, i shouldn't make it so personal, i apologize,my frustration gets the better of me.please don't make my beautiful csw v2 obsolete.

• edited August 2016
    Hello Thomas,

First of all and because my bad english level, I use a very simple vocabulary. So, please, do not see any personnal attack in this message. I only want to describe my impressions on the last announcements you made.

I know that you only want to discuss about the new CSL Elite serie in this forum. Concerning these products, I find them very interesting for people who want to have a great wheel on xbox one and PC, without buying a CSW V2. The clamp system seems to be solid and easy to use. First owners will tell us if it is as solid as a screwed system. I also find that the rev leds included on the base is an awesome feature!! Congratulations for your team for this new serie, I hope that new Fanatec owners will come in sim racing.

I also would like to give my opinion about the last announcements you made. We can't make it elsewhere, so I do it here.

As most of us on this forum, I am a loyal customer : CSR, CSR Elite, CSW V2, CSP, CSS... I have always been satisfied with your products and your service when I needed. I only wanted to write this message because I always thought that you were aware about your customers' opinion. Indeed, it is not common that one of the leaders in a company, answers to his customers in a forum. For that, I would like to thank you.

To introduce my comments, I would say that sometimes words are pleasant to read/hear and sometimes they are not, this is the rule for all of us. We could also say that sometimes the decisions you take are pleasant and sometimes not, this is also the rule. What is important is to maintain trust between customers and sellers. And I think that the dialogue is a good way to do it.

I understand that you can face license and / or compatibility issues with Sony and Microsoft. However it is not us, customers, who make the description of your products.
    Sometimes I feel that you want to make so big announcements that you "hide" important informations, or at the contraty, give more specifications for the product that is released. Why don't you tell us that you will release this product  which will be compatible with this particular plateform and not more. It will be so much easier for you and for us.
    I think that we do not wait for your products to be fully compatible with every systems. However, when you announce that a product WILL BE or WON'T BE compatible with one or more systems, the situation have to remain the same from the begeining to the end of the product. We are not in your discussions with Sony, Microsoft, or developpers...Our "job" is to buy your product because we trust you. On the other hand,your job is to defend your products and your customers. We are finally in the same boat.

For instance, you previously announced that the CSR Elite won't be compatible with PS4. Most of us sold this base in order to buy the CSW V2 that was described as compatible with PS4. But finally the CSR Elite was as much compatible with the PS4 that was the CSW V2.
    Another example : when you released the CSW V2 it was described as compatible with "next generations" of console (xbox one and ps4). The principle was to buy steering wheels which could make the base compatible. We, customers, were free to buy these steering wheels or not, but it was clearly announced and fair. We knew what we bought with the CSW V2.
    But now, the CSW V2 is supposed to be only compatible with PC or XBOX one. You would have loss a possible licence agreement for this base and would have won it for a new base?

I think that the rules do not have to change every years or every six month. To say that it is Sony' (or Microsoft depending of the period) fault is maybe the truth. I am not at your seat and I do not want to give any opinion without knowing anything about that. However, what I can't accept is that you change the rules. On the other hand, I do not ask you to make the CSW V2 compatible with the next Xbox Scorpio, PS4 Neo, with the Nintendo Wii U, the Nintendo 3DS... Sorry, for the two last ones, I was launched and can't stop writing ;-)

So, I just wanted to say that I can understand that you face issues. However this is a part of your job. On our side, we trust you and your products and we buy them because we like the quality of your job. However their specifications have to remain the same for the entire product life. Personally, I do not ask you more, nor less.

Thank you for the interest you will pay to my message.
  • Can you at least confirm that a wheel will be coming for the ps4. I've already got a clubs or shifter and pedals as well as one of your wheels. I didn't buy an Xbox one as my set up was not compatible. Which broke my heart as I'm a forms fan but this license thing is alienating customers left right and centre. If Sony bothers to read these forums you need to be aware of what your doing. I bought a ps4 just because project cars worked on my set up. Your pushing customers away with petty licence agreementso. Stop being greedy and think about the long game. I want to play gt sport but if you won't let me use my wheel which is perfectly compatible then I will look elsewhere. Think about your customers. Don't make the same mistakes as Microsoft. I had an Xbox but moved to ps4 because Microsoft got greedy. Don't make me buy a pc because you wanna squeeze a few bucks out of a small company that's already made you a fortune.
  • ISRTV has a first look video up now! Awesome engineering on the pedal set, I'm impressed. With a rim upgrade, this looks like a pretty sweet setup.
  • Happy to see the new base and pedals are have arrived!  I'm curious about hard mounting the pedals. It looks like there are 2 holes for each pedal near the stabilizer bars in the back, but can't tell if they are threaded? I see in the description it says mounting screws,  but with the way you can adjust the pedals I thought it was probably referring to attaching the pedals to the heel rest plate.

• Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    I understand the Frustration of all of you but I cannot say more at the moment. As soon as the contract is signed I will tell you what we can offer to you and why.

If you want to continue to discuss PS4 compatibility you can do that under this blog post:

• edited August 2016
    The whole discussion is about the promises made by Fanatec in the past. They were based on what was known to them back then and IMHO is a gamble made by Fanatec. The gamble being, they had the ingenious idea to make the wheels compatible and not the base. This has been accepted by Microsoft en later discarded by Sony. Maybe as a result of complaints about "the gamble Fanatec made" by other hardware manufacturers. It's as simple as that.
    Fanatec gambled and lost. PS players are the biggest "losers" here and that is sad.
    In my opinion Fanatec shouldn't have promised us the compatibility before they got all the licences. I guess they won't do that anymore in the future. ;)

The new base does look like a smart move, especially with the option to use all the wheels previously made. I can't wait to see some reviews on the new products and how they compare to the CSW products.
  • There's only ONE BUT Gert-Jan. You can only use EVERY rim on pc not on consoles..restricted brand. ;)
  • That is not a "but". That was the "idea" all along. Use all the rims on the pc and only the certified on their respective consoles. 

Creating the different bases (CSW, CSL and maybe in the future a direct drive), some pedals to fit the quality of the different bases, maybe make some cheaper rims with the same quick release and voila.... there is a Fanatec solution for most, if not all, simracers.
  • edited August 2016
    yea but, fanatec isn't the one that decides what happens, sony is the deciding company.

Back on topic.

Can''t wait for the first reviews of it.
    And I can't wait till i get it in my hands :D /
  • You won't be disappointed JW ;)
  • First look from Inside Sim Racing :