PlayStation compatibility UPDATE 2

Comments

• James ArmentiJames Armenti Member
    edited August 2016
    why not rip  off the g29 like you guys did with the g25 for ps3 support?... is this not ok now but was completely okay back then? All the customers want is CLEAR communication!!!... how can you not see how you guys are in the wrong??... only recently you have came out w/ all this info... why not tell us right away instead of leading us on with the "pipe dream" of compatibility?   To think I almost bought a clubsport wheel base under the delusional assumption that they'd release a ps4 rim... SINCE THEY MENTIONED IT NUMEROUS TIMES!!!... Good thing a solution is potenitally in the works, and i don't have to bother giving these guys any more money... since I refuse to replace a $600 dollar wheel base!  Tired of all the beating around the bush!!!  It becomes a serious problem the moment you have to go to your product pages and remove a compatibility logo, and then make a statement of why.  How many people bought the wheel w/ the compatibility assumption?... and "nothing will change " is bullshit.. they can patch out even prior games ff support if they want... Its written right in what thomas has said regarding the ps4 situation "Compatibility for these wheels depends on game devs whether they want to add or KEEP fanatec support.. take a long read into the KEEP support.. meaning they can turn them off at any time just as assetto corsa did in the day 1 patch!!  
  • Yes travel agencies and retailers would do something to help the customer. This is foreign to you because the pattern is always "just spend more money". You asked what you should have done, I gave you a reply other than buying a new wheel base and your true colors came out. I absolutely blame you for not doing anything to help the customer in the wake of Sonys decision. It's not a matter of you can't do anything its that you won't.

I'm sorry, but you're being totally ridiculous with this answer. Travel agencies are not going to do anything when the weather turns out to be bad on your holiday destination. It's nonsense to suggest they would and use that as a stick to beat Fanatec with. For the rest, it has been spelled out way too many times now what the situation is and what options have been left to Fanatec to get around this situation. If you're still beating Fanatec with the accusation that they just are unwilling to help their customers, you are actively refusing to understand the situation and you should stop posting in this thread.
    In actuality I have a pending vacation to Mazatlan NM that I was supposed to take last January but could not do to circumstances so guess what My travel agency actually gave me an extension to take the trip this coming January. If you'd like I can post the email and correspondence here so don't tell me what travel agencies will or won't do. I also have a 700.00 credit with Delta for the air fair that i paid and wasn't able to use for this trip and can post that too. Sheesh its always someone that wants to tell you what other companies will or won't do to justify their own negligence when it comes to consumers. I was done with the conversation at " I will not spend another dime on fanatec gear" but you're insistant to want to be ignorant over this as you expect everyone to cow tow to fanatec and just keep throwing money at an obvious deficiency in customer service. Again so we're clear I will never buy another piece of fanatec gear is my own solution and I will most certainly make it my business to let folks know how we are treated as customers here. No need to keep ranting and trying to tell me that I don't understand the situation and I don't need to post here because I understand the situation all to well as its a pattern that keeps happening. That's why I'm posting enough is enough good day sir
    You're not comparing apples to apples here. If you had went on the vacation and had a bad experience then you'd be comparing equals. What you're saying is actually a return or credit. If you bought a base from Fanatec and then something came up before it shipped I'm sure Thomas would work with you.
    No Chris what i am saying is something was done to help me as a customer and I didn't have to throw more money at it which seems to be fanatecs go to response whenever the customer gets the short end of the stick and all this is done while pointing the finger at MS and Sony. Don't get me wrong they are responsible for bad policy but fanatec does little to nothing to help the customer other than making another pricey product and asking for more money.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Julian

1. We are trying to get an official deal which ensuires 100% compatibility

2. We will make sure that most of your current Equipment will still work without buying new stuff like pedals, shifters, handbrake, etc.

3. We will make a Special offer to CSW V2 owners for such a PS4 base

This is far more than "nothing".

What else do you want us to do which would be considered to be good service? And please be realistic and tell me something which is actually in our control.
  • Julian

2. We will make sure that most of your current Equipment will still work without buying new stuff like pedals, shifters, handbrake, etc.

What else do you want us to do which would be considered to be good service? And please be realistic and tell me something which is actually in our control.
    It's not Fanatec!, you all are being more then reasonable about this. I don't think people understand how big this is and I think some people are always going to want something for nothing and will try to go that direction to see how far they can go. This is a very small community of people that are in to sim racing. Yea it's growing and I am so happy to be a part of it all at what I see is going to be a pinnacle point to the sport! That being said its small company's like Fanatec that I turn to for my equipment because they are in it with me being part of the esport movement. I for one will support a small business like Fanatec to the end just to fight the good fight!
  • Thomas , merci = D>
  • Thomas...I really do respect the way your handling this. Direct communication with us feels good, besides to some, I really think this is helping a lot to feel a little less lost. Also the announcement that V2 owners could get a discount, good thing.
  • brett morobrett moro Member
    edited September 2016
    Julian

< PLEASE READ (( we don't want a plastic CSL base when we already own a honestly fantastic CSW B V2 )) why would we go through the trouble of selling our CSW B V2 for a Honestly major down grade to a CSL wheel base its ridiculous some of us also own PC and we want the best quality possible. A simple resonable request #1: since many of us don't want a CSL downgrade can you please offer us some decent credit on another item of our choice ?? we just want options I don't like to be forced into a downgrade to receive some compensation for my loses, I think this would be a good start, it's far from what we ultimately wanted but it's something. Request #2: Thomas if you designed The New PS4 compatible wheel base to be almost identical to the CSW BV2 we could send in our CSW BV2s to you and you could upgrade them?? ( I would pay a "resonable" amount to help make this easier on you to do this, if we worked together on this we could probably do this ?? ) I
  • edited September 2016
    In actuality I have a pending vacation to Mazatlan NM that I was supposed to take last January but could not do to circumstances so guess what My travel agency actually gave me an extension to take the trip this coming January. If you'd like I can post the email and correspondence here so don't tell me what travel agencies will or won't do. I also have a 700.00 credit with Delta for the air fair that i paid and wasn't able to use for this trip and can post that too. Sheesh its always someone that wants to tell you what other companies will or won't do to justify their own negligence when it comes to consumers. ...
    So you book this vacation to Mazatlan NM and you're flying wilt Delta Airlines in a nice, shiny Boeing 737-800. You have a nice window seat, the plane takes off and gets to cruising altitude.

Then the pilot announces that instead of flying to Mazatlan NM, they will be flying to Alaska. You and all other passengers get really angry about that (and rightly so), and when in Alaska you contact Boeing Customer Service and complain that the plane did not take you to Mazatlan but to Alaksa. Boeing Customer Service then tells you that their 737-800 is perfectly capable of flying you to Mazatlan, but it's not their fault if Delta Airlines suddenly changed the flight plan. 

You still insist, however, that since you were sitting in their airplane, Boeing should do something about the situation and compensate you for your ruined holiday.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, really.
  • Ok, bye bye to PS4 and Sony. 

I´ll buy a X1. WELCOME MICROSOFT!!!

• AC on PS4 is having a laugh here showing Fanatec sponsorship on cars yet won't support the brand!!! image
    Brett

So basically you want

1) a General Coupon Code independend of what you purchase
    2) The possibility to upgrade the electronics of your CSW B V2

To 1) The big majority of our CSW BV2 customers is using the base on PC or on Xbox. How should we find out who is affected by PS4 compatibility so we can compensate the right ones?
    The only way would be to check if they want to buy a new base for PS4.

to 2) This is 100% against the rules of Sony or MS. They are quite strict of what we can do with their security chips. Just to give you an idea: They even tell us how we have to store them.
  • Wouldn’t it be better to release a new CSW v2 base that's PS4 licenced instead of a PS4 licenced CSL?

Then nobody has to downgrade. If it’s gone cost us money than rather for a base of equal quality (or beter ;) ).

And Sony also doesn’t allow a PS wheel that’s more like the BWM or Porsche (with PS logo's) instead of a uni hub? If they don’t say why they refuse the hub then its worth a try, maybe they just don’t like hub’s..  ;)

The CSL Elite was already almost to expensiive for them. They don't see that even more higher end wheels will sell enough and herefore will not license it. At least not for now. If the CSL is selling well then we plan and try again with a more high-end Wheel for PS4.

But trust me, if you get a CSL base plus ClubSport pedals and some ClubSport steering wheels then this is by far the best you can get for this console. Even though it is still not as good as a CSW B V2 of course.
  • edited September 2016
    Thomas i dont understand the Higher end wheel Not supported by Sony statement... with TM coming out with a DD wheel im sure its Not going to be cheap... Probably the base alone will cost the price of the CSL Elite bundle.
  • edited September 2016
    It would be Nice to Make the PS4 CSL in a user friendly way... Wink wink... Fanatec can Not controle how a consumer uses or Mods their equioment... Maybe some one would be able to port the chip to the V2 base...Hhhhmmm.. LOL
    Thomas i dont understand the Higher end wheel Not supported by Sony statement... with TM coming out with a DD wheel im sure its Not going to be cheap... Probably the base alone will cost the price of the CSL Elite bundle.
    Are you sure they are coming with a DD Wheel? I have not seen any official specs and the statement of Kazunori was highly misleading. I saw the wheel at E3 and what I saw was definitely not a DD wheel.  I expect something on par with the CSL Elite or worse and certainly not much more expensive than the T500RS. 
  • edited September 2016
    I fugured as much... Thomas/ Fanatec your products are the Best!!! Just promis when you make a DD wheel that Current wheel Rims will work... Thats all i ask.... I have Moved to PC Gaming and WOW What a Difference!!! Its like im using My V2 for the First Time!!! the investment in Fanatec equipment was well worth it...Espescially when you Move to PC you see the true worth and beauty of the Fanatec Gear.
    I can already confirm that our ClubSport steering wheels will be compatible to our upcoming DD wheels.
  • edited September 2016
    Thank you Thomas for making the situation clear it is far better since you have joined the discussions and I now have more sympathy with your situation. I am now going to wait to see what happens as I have a CSWv2 with a universal hub and F1 wheel v2 pedals and damper kit all purchased just for the PS4.Good luck with your talks with Sony please do your best for Fanatec loyal customers.
  • The CSL Elite was already almost to expensiive for them. They don't see that even more higher end wheels will sell enough and herefore will not license it. At least not for now. If the CSL is selling well then we plan and try again with a more high-end Wheel for PS4.

But trust me, if you get a CSL base plus ClubSport pedals and some ClubSport steering wheels then this is by far the best you can get for this console. Even though it is still not as good as a CSW B V2 of course.

Could it be an idea to propose a PS4 licenced wheel that works on both al elite and a CSW base? Or again suggest the universal hub. Then they have to worry less about the number of units that will be sold. And the costumer can choose what base they want.

Also, why is Sony worrying about how many units fanatec will sell? Fanatec has to earn there investment back, not sony. Also, there are enough cheap wheels on the marked so a high-end wheel would only make the choice there PS4 costumers have more diverse and richer. X1 also has that choice.

But I agree that the CSL would be better than a TM or similar. But we Fanatec costumers are a bit more spoiled :D  So we want a CSW ;)

• I can already confirm that our ClubSport steering wheels will be compatible to our upcoming DD wheels.
    Thats Great News!!! I Eagerly await the announcement of a Fanatec DD wheel!!! I keep a emergency Fanatec Gear Budget!!! LOL.. Just in case sometbing New is released... LOL...
  • yup know matter how hard I try I just can't reason Sony not accepting a custom PlayStation stamped universal hub it's the best looking peripheral that they could ever have with great functionality, why try to destroy this perfect ecosystem. If only Thomas could get the chance to have a logical conversation with a Sony rep and at the very least be given a logical explanation why this could not work its just a few minutes of there time, I'm embarrassed that I have had to vent in this way at times over the futility of the position Sony has put in. On a positive note that was pretty cool for Thomas to mention the DD bases
  • @ thomas from fanatec 

mein englisch ist begrenzt deswegen bin ich mir nicht sicher ob ich ihre aussage von heute 13:27 richig verstehe, will sony auch keine ps4 lzenz für das csl elite geben wegen angeblich in denen ihren augen zu geringen stückzahlen ?

bisher war ich immer auf der play station seit der ps1, wenn dem so wäre überlege ich wirklich auf die xbox one zu wechseln.
  • Hi ! To be clear, here's what makes me angry as hell, I'm so pissed I hardly can't tell at what point ! Why ? I own a Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel with ClubSport Pedals... and IT WORKS PERFECTLY FINE with games whose devs have made this equipment fully supported (sometimes I must briefly take the pad to navigate in a menu or to launch the games, the gear being not compatible with the console)... So there's no need for me to buy new equipment that I don't have the money for ! It's not necessary, motherf***ing Sony ! I'm having fun with "Project Cars", "F1 2015" (haven't tried 2016 yet) and "Dirt Rally". Fact is my wheel and pedals ARE compatible with the games made for PS4 ! Anybody here thinks I've got rights to be angry or not ?
    Hi ! To be clear, here's what makes me angry as hell, I'm so pissed I hardly can't tell at what point ! Why ? I own a Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel with ClubSport Pedals... and IT WORKS PERFECTLY FINE with games whose devs have made this equipment fully supported (sometimes I must briefly take the pad to navigate in a menu or to launch the games, the gear being not compatible with the console)... So there's no need for me to buy new equipment that I don't have the money for ! It's not necessary, motherf***ing Sony ! I'm having fun with "Project Cars", "F1 2015" (haven't tried 2016 yet) and "Dirt Rally". Fact is my wheel and pedals ARE compatible with the games made for PS4 ! Anybody here thinks I've got rights to be angry or not ?
    I understand your point but who forces you to play all the latest and great games on the PS4?

The logic of Sony is this: If you want the latest and best games on the market you need to pay. If not then get a PC or PS3 and buy a lot of great games for little money.

To a certain degree I can understand the logic of Sony. They have invested many many millions to develop the PS4 and now they want to make some money with it. Nobody forces you to accept that. They offer new games and you can decide if it is worth for you to play it and play it the way you want. 
    yup know matter how hard I try I just can't reason Sony not accepting a custom PlayStation stamped universal hub it's the best looking peripheral that they could ever have with great functionality, why try to destroy this perfect ecosystem. If only Thomas could get the chance to have a logical conversation with a Sony rep and at the very least be given a logical explanation why this could not work its just a few minutes of there time, I'm embarrassed that I have had to vent in this way at times over the futility of the position Sony has put in. On a positive note that was pretty cool for Thomas to mention the DD bases
    This is not how it works. You make proposals by email and then they say yes or no. There usually is no reason given and they don't have to. Is it logic that it takes so long for us to get the license? Perhaps there is some but we never heard about it. We can always speculate but we will also continue to try and convince them.
  • Brett

So basically you want

1) a General Coupon Code independend of what you purchase
    2) The possibility to upgrade the electronics of your CSW B V2

To 1) The big majority of our CSW BV2 customers is using the base on PC or on Xbox. How should we find out who is affected by PS4 compatibility so we can compensate the right ones?
    The only way would be to check if they want to buy a new base for PS4.

to 2) This is 100% against the rules of Sony or MS. They are quite strict of what we can do with their security chips. Just to give you an idea: They even tell us how we have to store them.

Thomas a response to question #1 in a photo we could send a pic of our I.D sitting on top of hour PS4, or we could send a pic of hour ps4 next to our CSW BV2/Ps4/I.D (all done through a customer support email perhaps) this might work? Respond Question #2 yup I understand it won't be that easy sadly.
  • edited September 2016
    Hi ! To be clear, here's what makes me angry as hell, I'm so pissed I hardly can't tell at what point ! Why ? I own a Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel with ClubSport Pedals... and IT WORKS PERFECTLY FINE with games whose devs have made this equipment fully supported (sometimes I must briefly take the pad to navigate in a menu or to launch the games, the gear being not compatible with the console)... So there's no need for me to buy new equipment that I don't have the money for ! It's not necessary, motherf***ing Sony ! I'm having fun with "Project Cars", "F1 2015" (haven't tried 2016 yet) and "Dirt Rally". Fact is my wheel and pedals ARE compatible with the games made for PS4 ! Anybody here thinks I've got rights to be angry or not ?
    I understand your point but who forces you to play all the latest and great games on the PS4?

The logic of Sony is this: If you want the latest and best games on the market you need to pay. If not then get a PC or PS3 and buy a lot of great games for little money.

To a certain degree I can understand the logic of Sony. They have invested many many millions to develop the PS4 and now they want to make some money with it. Nobody forces you to accept that. They offer new games and you can decide if it is worth for you to play it and play it the way you want. 

Pay ? Well, I paid. I paid when I bought the console and I pay each time I buy a game. I'm sorry but I don't really understand what you meant with your answer (thanks by the way for answering, not exactly the norm on every forum). I don't want to play the latest games for free, I know the rules. It's the fact that Sony says I can't use the perfectly usable gear I own. The way things are, I'll never find this logic or fair. You know what ? I think it would've been easier to swallow if my wheel and pedals would'nt have been compatible at all from the start ! In my particular case, Sony won't win a penny, maybe I'll have the money when (and I hope it will be soon, for all the racing gamers on PS4, because Fanatec gear is, I think, clearly the best for this) some sort of CSL Elite Base for PS4 arrives, but I'm rather pessimist about it, and if not, I won't buy any more racing game on PS4, I won't switch from Fanatec to "pad" racing !
  • Hi Thomas, I recorded the youtube Video with the working V2 and AC before the day one patch going online. By the way, I loved the FFB... for a short time ;). One question I have. A PS4 CSL would be compatible with the PC Version of the Uni Hub? If not, the way away frommen PS4 to PC is signed. Thanks for your feedback. Markus