ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 reviews

Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
The first reviews of our new ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 are coming in and Shaun Cole gives a detailed overview about the product and it's new features:

If you have bought a V2.5 it would be great to share your opinion in the comments as well.

Comments

• Great review. I thinks I need it! =D>
  • edited April 2017
      Thomas Fanatec needs to develop a direct drive wheel for PS4 & PC. look at (Leo Bodnar Sim Steering 2 (54) its going for   $4,149.00 if Fanatec make one for that Price ill pay for it just make one

Thomas Jackermeier  i hope you're reading this and put it into consideration i love you're products
    Thank you Thomas Jackermeier for all of you're good work 

• edited April 2017

•   Thomas Fanatec needs to develop a direct drive wheel for PS4 & PC. look at (Leo Bodnar Sim Steering 2 (54) its going for   $4,149.00 if Fanatec make one for that Price ill pay for it just make one

Thomas Jackermeier  i hope you're reading this and put it into consideration i love you're products

No need to put in multiple topics. We get it. I'm sure Thomas read it.
  •   Thomas Fanatec needs to develop a direct drive wheel for PS4 & PC. look at (Leo Bodnar Sim Steering 2 (54) its going for   $4,149.00 if Fanatec make one for that Price ill pay for it just make one

Lol no one asked you to read it

Sony are dead to me, Tommy put your efforts elsewhere bud. As more people are migrating from console to PC  *-:)

I read each blog topic to keep up. How was I not supposed to see each of your posts?!
  • Rinus HuismanRinus Huisman Member
    edited April 2017
    I've tried a TS-PC racer and a Bodnar wheel (yes, you read it correctly) and I must say the 2.5 feels almost like a DD. Only the power is a bit lower, but it is still an amazing piece of art. Both wheels, the bodnar and V2.5n do make my muscles hurt; which is good, cause I need no gym anymore. So I can't wait for a 3.0 or a DD from Fanatec. So it can be a concurrent to Accuforce. 
  • Hi I'm about to purchase a v2.5 and BMW wheel as well as a csl wheel to use on.my xbox as well as ps4 on dirt rally ps4. My car wheel works great on ps4 and I need to know if the drivers are the same as the car and v2. I understand it won't work with future games but does it work the same as the original v2 and car? Need to know asap? Thanks
  • Csr not car..spell check sorry
  • Hi I'm about to purchase a v2.5 and BMW wheel as well as a csl wheel to use on.my xbox as well as ps4 on dirt rally ps4. My car wheel works great on ps4 and I need to know if the drivers are the same as the car and v2. I understand it won't work with future games but does it work the same as the original v2 and car? Need to know asap? Thanks
    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, you're going to use the CSW v2.5 on PC and want to use a CSL on XB1 and PS4?
    If yes, then the CSL is not licensed for the PS4 (there's an officially licensed PS4 CSL coming up) and hence will not work with newer games. Older games that still support Fanatec wheels may support the CSL (through the CSW v2 profile), but since it's a new wheel base the support may not be perfect.
  • Geoffrey doreGeoffrey dore Member
    edited April 2017
    I've tried a TS-PC racer and a Bodnar wheel (yes, you read it correctly) and I must say the 2.5 feels almost like a DD. Only the power is a bit lower, but it is still an amazing piece of art. Both wheels, the bodnar and V2.5n do make my muscles hurt; which is good, cause I need no gym anymore. So I can't wait for a 3.0 or a DD from Fanatec. So it can be a concurrent to Accuforce. 

Having previously owned a CSW V2 and now being an owner of a Bodnar SS2 [53] I found that there is a major difference between both products. But of course, take into consideration the price difference and you wouldn't expect anything less. I haven't tried the V2.5 so I'm unaware as to whether there is a torque increase from the V2, but considering where it comes in price-wise it's probably unrivalled.

Thomas Fanatec needs to develop a direct drive wheel for PS4 & PC. look at (Leo Bodnar Sim Steering 2 (54) its going for   $4,149.00 if Fanatec make one for that Price ill pay for it just make one

Emad I believe its something of an open secret that Thomas has already confirmed that Fanatec are working on a DD wheel. It would make no sense for it to compete with a Bodnar, the market is crying out for a DD wheel that can slide into the entry level/Accufore price-band. I know that OSW's are pretty popular at this point, but what made me opt for a Bodnar was the simplicity in setup, OSW's seemed to require a bit more assistance in getting them up to speed, and unless you're currently racing on iRacing - and thus have access to the forums - getting any assistance can be pretty scarce. An advantage Fanatec will have is that their current array of wheels can be integrated with the DD wheel, which will be a USP for the product. Good things come to those who... 
  • One thing that turns Me Off to DD wheels is to have buttons on the Wheel you have to have wires all over the place as the button wiring is Not hidden inside the Drive shaft like on Fanatec wheels.... That would drive Me Nuts!!! for the Existing Fanatec wheel rims Buttons to work means that the wires will be routed and Hidden inside the DD wheel Drive Shaft... Working buttons on the wheel Rim without wires hanging....if this can be done this Fact alone would make the Fanatec DD wheel Top Choice for DD wheel buyers.... I would Buy it in a Heart Beat!!! Imagine a Fanatec DD wheel with the XB1 Hub/Rim Combo!!! thats just a Insane thought Because of all of the Rim Choices available!!!
  • This Review is Spot on Accurate!!! He describes everything that i feel in the wheel!!! Even his cross reference between the V2 & V2.5 is spot on!!! I have a V2 & V2.5 and i agree with his assesment 100% both Great wheels but the V2.5 Drag Free wheel center provides Much better subtle FFB feel which inturn makes the Stronger FFB forces feel Sharper/Crisper and more Defined.
    I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, you're going to use the CSW v2.5 on PC and want to use a CSL on XB1 and PS4?
    If yes, then the CSL is not licensed for the PS4 (there's an officially licensed PS4 CSL coming up) and hence will not work with newer games. Older games that still support Fanatec wheels may support the CSL (through the CSW v2 profile), but since it's a new wheel base the support may not be perfect.
    What I mean to say is. If I plug a csl Base into a ps4 with a BMW rim will it regester as a clubs port v2 and there work with project cars and dirt rally? I understand it won't work with future games but does it still work with the old ones.
  • I've tried a TS-PC racer and a Bodnar wheel (yes, you read it correctly) and I must say the 2.5 feels almost like a DD. Only the power is a bit lower, but it is still an amazing piece of art. Both wheels, the bodnar and V2.5n do make my muscles hurt; which is good, cause I need no gym anymore. So I can't wait for a 3.0 or a DD from Fanatec. So it can be a concurrent to Accuforce. 

Having previously owned a CSW V2 and now being an owner of a Bodnar SS2 [53] I found that there is a major difference between both products. But of course, take into consideration the price difference and you wouldn't expect anything less. I haven't tried the V2.5 so I'm unaware as to whether there is a torque increase from the V2, but considering where it comes in price-wise it's probably unrivalled.

Emad I believe its something of an open secret that Thomas has already confirmed that Fanatec are working on a DD wheel. It would make no sense for it to compete with a Bodnar, the market is crying out for a DD wheel that can slide into the entry level/Accufore price-band. I know that OSW's are pretty popular at this point, but what made me opt for a Bodnar was the simplicity in setup, OSW's seemed to require a bit more assistance in getting them up to speed, and unless you're currently racing on iRacing - and thus have access to the forums - getting any assistance can be pretty scarce. An advantage Fanatec will have is that their current array of wheels can be integrated with the DD wheel, which will be a USP for the product. Good things come to those who... 
    Thx
    What I mean to say is. If I plug a csl Base into a ps4 with a BMW rim will it regester as a clubs port v2 and there work with project cars and dirt rally? I understand it won't work with future games but does it still work with the old ones.
    It will not register as a CSW v2, I'm pretty sure of that. I know that on PC you can just select the CSW v2 profile, but I'm not sure whether it works the same on PS4 (it seems that on XB1 it doesn't).
  • edited April 2017
    Delete
  • edited April 2017

I own a v2 and a v2.5.... While the total wheel power output may still be the same 8NM the v2.5 feels like the power level has increased due to the Drag Free wheel center... also i find that the power ramp up is Smoother and has a more progressive feel to it.... EX: v2= 2 4 6 8 10 -vs- v2.5= 12345678910
  • So the csl won't regester as a clubs port wheel is used with a clubs port wheel rim. ?
  • So the csl won't regester as a clubs port wheel is used with a clubs port wheel rim. ?
    No it's still a CSLE base. Using CSLE fw etc…. The two bases are different and can't be intermingled. The rim doesn't really effect anything unless it's a Xboxone rim and then it just tells the base it's there and the base switches modes.
  • So it's useless even with a BMW rim on older games? I've just bought one
  • Is there a way to update the firmware to a v2 clubs port. This should allow it to work with older games if used with the older BMW wheel. It's still just seen as pc mode in dirt rally on ps4. Which is the only game I care about.
  • Has anyone even tried to do this before?
  • Is there a way to update the firmware to a v2 clubs port. This should allow it to work with older games if used with the older BMW wheel. It's still just seen as pc mode in dirt rally on ps4. Which is the only game I care about.
    The v2.5 has different hardware and electronics, I don't think the v2 firmware is going to work well on it.
  • But has any body tried?
  • edited April 2017
    But has any body tried?
    How about you be the first to try??? then if you Brick your wheel let us know :-B and we will All know Not to try it.

I can Tell you that the V2.5 will not work on PS4...its not even seen/recognized by the PS4...that was part of the deal if you read the forum...Fanatec had to remove all back door ways of the wheel working with Sony product to get a full PS4 compatible wheel deal....Give it up you want something that's not going to happen...Would you risk trashing your business to make a few people who don't want to accept simple facts happy???
  • Sony is an ****, so everything which could be done to hurt them badly is ok. That said I still have PS4 and still gong to keep it. About compability, it seems that ppl hopes would be answered from third party companies. There's already few options to get F's wheels to work with PS4 and there going to more for sure.

But have to say that F should have fought much harder against Sony, they surrendered way too easy. At least there should have done deal about separate wheel rim-addon to get PS4 compability, ppl can't buy dozens different wheel bases.

• But has any body tried?
    Too funny, errm I think you try yh, come on don't be shy lol
  • Sony is an ****, so everything which could be done to hurt them badly is ok. That said I still have PS4 and still gong to keep it. About compability, it seems that ppl hopes would be answered from third party companies. There's already few options to get F's wheels to work with PS4 and there going to more for sure.

But have to say that F should have fought much harder against Sony, they surrendered way too easy. At least there should have done deal about separate wheel rim-addon to get PS4 compability, ppl can't buy dozens different wheel bases.

You forget Sony holds all the cards here. Say Fanatec fought back hard as you say and Sony said "fine you get NO compatibility. None". Then you'd be saying Fanatec should've worked with Sony and not tried to play hardball when they had no leverage. Seriously I wish people understood how this system works.